Obscure_Trash

Add Search Filter to Breeding Page

This came up sorta in another thread, so.... Up and at em!

Still like this idea.

Cheers!

C4.

This would be helpful, but wouldn't it way easier to just include a new column with the dragon's breed along with the picture + name that currently pop up? You can then ctrl+f the breed you need and merrily be on your way without any hassle.

It wouldn't require an overhaul of the breeding feature either, just the addition of a new column of information.

It would help, however, the filter does a bit more than just lets you find the breed. It also reduces the number of dragons showing to only those that meet the criteria.

For someone with less than a 1,000 dragons, that's not a big deal. I'm over 7500 dragons, however, and even doing a ctrl+F on breed.... still that's a lot of dragons. And that's assuming that all the breeds of dragon you have are in one place. For me, they aren't. Project lineages are at the back of my scroll, the CBs are in rough order of release, and "specials" can fall either at the start with unsorted, or somewhere else.

So while adding breeds would help, what would help me most is the filter.

Cheers!

C4.

Support from me. I don't have problems finding dragons, but the page is starting to stall when I go to breed something even though I only have ~1500 dragons... I can't imagine what it's like to have a few thousand more.

I really really like the idea, as long as it's fertility's filter -without- being tied to your encyclopedia. It seems unfair to not be able to search for breed X just because you haven't managed to collect enough of them yet and you happen to not be the type to want to obsessively unlock everything. Example, someone who only has one gold and doesn't think/want to go on a clicking spree can't find that gold in fertility by typing "gold" into the filter (unless they put "gold" in its name).

And as I said before, there would have to be the ability to have the current breeding page style, either as a way to click away from the fertility style page (probably better, since if it doesn't seem to be working right now, anyone can decide to use the old standard) or as an account setting. There just seem to be too many people that find the fertility system unusable, and breeding is too vital a feature to be changing the interface in a way that some people can't use.

(Sometimes I just get annoyed at the current breeding system and open a new tab and search for the breed I want in fertility, then use the browser's find feature to search names. So yes, I really would like this.)

I really really like the idea, as long as it's fertility's filter -without- being tied to your encyclopedia. It seems unfair to not be able to search for breed X just because you haven't managed to collect enough of them yet and you happen to not be the type to want to obsessively unlock everything. Example, someone who only has one gold and doesn't think/want to go on a clicking spree can't find that gold in fertility by typing "gold" into the filter (unless they put "gold" in its name).

In that case I would think it's easy enough to search by the dragon's name or code. If you only have one cb gold, you're probably going to remember one of those things. o3o

(Not that I have an issue of removing the filter from the encyclopedia; I'm just not sure what this entails on TJ's part, as there's probably a reason they're linked in the first place.)

Support! I usually don't have to spend a ton of time searching for dragons, but this would definitely save time and I can see how it would assist people who have 5000+ dragons and counting.