Moonwick

Cards

I searched and didn't find a topic for this yet. A bit anxious to post because it's not necessarily too interesting of a topic, I just want to see some other opinons.

Idea to post this came around this morning while filling out a card for Father's Day.

What do you guys think about cards? Do you think they symbolize anything? Or do you think they're just a waste of paper and money?

Do you prefer to make your own cards or buy them from a store? What's the best card you've ever received?

Personally, I like the idea of giving someone a card in person or in the mail. I just don't like being forced to do so on a holiday, it doesn't feel genuine.

As for signing cards, they usually have a message on it already, so I feel like I don't need to put anything else, yet at the same time I feel rude if I don't.

There are some people who go all out and leave a giant heartfelt message no matter what, which is impressive to me!

I like the idea of gift cards. I don't like making cards though, because I feel like a card that I make if a repeat of my last homemade card given to that person.

I really like giving and getting cards. Except for the speaking and musical cards. They're cute until I let my little brother hold them. After that I'll hear the card for about two weeks.

I like sending cards to people and I like receiving them. It is an easy way to stay in touch for me. I think it is really important to stay in touch with people and sometimes that's the only way.

And it means a lot to some people. I know it means a lot to me.

I don't like sending 'thank you' cards to everyone after a holiday or birthday. Those are annoying and forced and I don't like it.

But sending cards out for Christmas, birthdays, etc? Totally. It depends on the person, whether it's a store-bought card or a homemade one. I make birthday and Mother's Day cards for my mom every year, and it's fun. I think, especially nowadays where you can just email or text someone, a card shows that you really do care. It's going that little extra bit farther to reach out to someone.

I dislike cards. They're impersonal and boring. Writing a letter or email without paying for something pre-made seems like a better option to me; I'll only buy a card if I need to send something to a person I don't know very well.

Maybe that's just me?

I think in this day and age of technology where everything's digital, it's nice to get a physical card from someone in the mail. I know I always feel brighter seeing a handwritten envelope addressed to myself. It's better than junk mail for sure! smile.gif