Saylt

Dragon origins and how they affect us - fanfiction

About dragon’s homeland and how did they appear there

The island that dragons has a variety of biomes that allowed the development of many different species of these creatures,it’s rich in landscapes,having immense shorelines,mountains,volcanos and forests.

The most accepted theory about their origin is that lizards originated from the mountains adapted themselves to fly from the great heights,and then those new creatures spread through all the land,suffering mutations to help them survive in each biome.

Dragon hierarchy

As you may know,dragons are very smart,their brain activity is so high that they are able to use telepathy to communicate with other creatures,being said that,they have developed a complex hierarchy.

Dragons do not live in society,but some species rule specific habitats,being able to demand “tributes” from other dragons,aswell as controlling their population or even extinction.

The ruling specie will often have a leader,who can be a male or a female depending on the specie,being it the stronger dragon of his kin,who will be advised by elder dragons.But it’s also possible that dragons form a council to administrate their habitats,the council being formed by the strongest dragons and the elders of the specie.

How did they affect the human world

First of all,when dragons were discovered,their acknowledgement did scare the many kingdoms that we do know,being so they were hunted,and their scales and bones were sold,like prizes and amulets.

Later,when the battles against those creatures went too far and for so there was stablished a truce,slowly dragon eggs were also introduced in the human markets,sold or exchanged by dragons themselves.Their existence also boosts indirectly the belic market,making the many kingdoms invest a lot in weapons to defend against this new threat.

It’s also known of the influence of dragons in politics,as some of their species made pacts with the nobles,making part of the royalty and being able to take part in the matters of it’s royal house.

Others have even adopted the human life,working as bards,wizards or even mercenaries,but there are only few of such cases.

Altought illegal,dragons are still hunted for their scales,principally species like Gold or Sapphire Dragons.

Edited by Saylt

You have an interesting start going here. It would be a little easier to read if you put a space after commas and periods, though. ^^

You have an interesting start going here. It would be a little easier to read if you put a space after commas and periods, though. ^^

Haha, sorry, I'm just not used to do that, but I'll try next time.

A few errors.

"Depending of the specie" should be "depending on the specie".

"Acknowledgement" is spelt wrong as is "principally".

Minor things, just trying to help. smile.gif I don't mean offense.

Anyways, I like it. Good job.

Edit: I made mistakes too. x.x

Edited by IlaQuickel

See this error popping up more and more often.

It's 'species' both plural and singular. 'Specie' means money in the form of coins, rather than notes.

~~

This is all quite... interesting. I've always gone by that dragons are a mammal-like reptile originating from lizards, as you have summed up here. In my pet project, the entirety of the Draco genus evolved from the common gliding lizard Draco sumatranus.

You state many things as fact. 'Dragons do not live in society' irks me, my scroll dragons definitely have a society as asfaik nowhere in official DC lore does it state that they cannot. I know this is fanwork, though.

Do like the idea that dragons voluntarily sell their eggs! That brings up a possibility I'd never thought about.

A few errors.

"Acknowledgement" is spelt wrong as is "principally".

Minor things, just trying to help. smile.gif I don't mean offense.

Anyways, I like it. Good job.

Edit: I made mistakes too. x.x

It's ok,if you didn't comment on it,for example,my text wouldn't get better!

See this error popping up more and more often.

It's 'species' both plural and singular. 'Specie' means money in the form of coins, rather than notes.

~~

This is all quite... interesting. I've always gone by that dragons are a mammal-like reptile originating from lizards, as you have summed up here. In my pet project, the entirety of the Draco genus evolved from the common gliding lizard Draco sumatranus.

You state many things as fact. 'Dragons do not live in society' irks me, my scroll dragons definitely have a society as asfaik nowhere in official DC lore does it state that they cannot. I know this is fanwork, though.

Do like the idea that dragons voluntarily sell their eggs! That brings up a possibility I'd never thought about.

My objective is to state them as a fact,like scientific researches of draconology in the Middle Age.And I did separate myself from the original DC lore.But you got the point,it's fanwork smile.gif

Incest,in human society,is a great tabu,partly by religion,partly by the own familiar division institued and the affective laces built by it.But for dragons,it’s practice is very common,because dragons do not have a familiar unity,thus not having such affective laces,because they leave their eggs hidden to hatch and grow by themselves,in some case,parents may not even know that they are commiting incest.

In fact ,dragons didn’t even have a word for “incest” before having contact with the human folk.

ATTENTION

This text wasn't written to defend incest nor it's practice,and it wasn't written to spread any kind of idealization.

This text wasn't written to question morality or religion.

This text was written only for entertainment purposes and is totally fanmade.

Edited by Saylt