DuskOfTheStars

Genetic Syndrome Lineage

Putting you on the list!

Edit: You are spot 1. I forgot to remove a lister who got their egg again, silly me. You should get the egg on Friday if all goes well.

Edited by Dusky_Flareon

Putting you on the list!

Edit: You are spot 1. I forgot to remove a lister who got their egg again, silly me. You should get the egg on Friday if all goes well.

Awesome! Thanks!

I'll keep an egg spot open. smile.gif

Update

Anything after this post will be added to the next update.

James1011, you were added to the lists for your specified pair.

WaterDroplet, your dragon was added to the lists.

James1011, your pair was added to the breeding lists.

James1011, you have received your egg.

lilbunniesdragons, you were added to the lists for your specified pair.

Edited by Dusky_Flareon

A new dragon is spreading awareness!

Username: lilbunniesdragons

Dragon: Genetic Brittle Bone Awareness

I named this beauty that Dusky Flareon sent me in honor of a brave young boy I once taught. They moved away a long time ago, but when he was in 4K, he was determined to grow up to become a star athlete. His Osteogenesis Imperfecta was pretty severe, but he was so cheerful and determined to enjoy every aspect of life as if he weren't constantly at risk of broken bones.

I hope he still has that joyful spirit!

Beautiful story behind the name.

Adding to Dragons post.

@James1011 - I do believe you forgot to post the official naming form, can you try to rectify that?

Edited by Dusky_Flareon

Username: Dusky_ Flareon

Dragon: Dusky's Usher Syndrome

Decided to name the girl I was keeping after the hereditary disease that affects me, Usher Syndrome Type 1B. USH 1B causes profound deafness from birth, balance loss, and Retinitis Pigmentosa (basically rods and cones in the retina gradually die off, causing gradual vision loss).

Edited by Dusky_Flareon

Username: Dusky_Flareon

Dragon: Dusky's Alu Percentage of All

I saw her on the Community Notice Board with a cool code that had genetic relations, and snatched her. So. alu5t. Alu. Alu is a genomic parasite that became part of us, making up 5 to 6 percent of all of us humans. Alu duplication gone wonky brought an opsin gene with it millions of years ago, setting us on the path to trichromacy - just one example of how genomic parasites have affected evolution over the eons.

I promise she's getting a mate soon!

(puts on thread mod hat) As the mod for this lineage, I announce that I have edited the OP. You may want to give it another read.

Edited by Dusky_Flareon

Thursday sorta turned into Friday, and now it's somehow Saturday? I have no idea how that happened, and I'm really sorry about it. BUT, I have that promised update! All official forms are at the bottom of this post, with naming logistics right under this.

~~~

Researcher Charlot Coulson is a second-gen male black dragon, my first baby of this lineage all grown up!

Researcher is the prefix I am using for black dragons of this lineage. Charlot is a French diminutive of the name ‘Charles’. Coulson – in addition to being a much beloved character – is after Alan Coulson, who worked with the creators of the Maxam-Gilbert sequencing method. (Maxam-Gilbert, you may recall, was used in his father's name.)

Researcher TIARA Wells is a CB female black dragon, a founding member. She is mated to CS Ethan Monolith, a CB male Waterhorse.

(See note on 'Researcher', above.)

TIARA is the acronym of The Integrated Archive of Short-Read and Array, which is a database containing genetic information. Wells comes from Doctor Spencer Wells, who was the project director for ten years of the Genographic Project.

CS Ethan Monolith is a CB male Waterhorse dragon, mated to Researcher TIARA Wells.

CS is a prefix for dragons that fall outside of the main breeds – black, candelabra, white. It stands for ‘Citizen Scientist’, which is research conducted by amateurs. Ethan is a name common to several languages, but its Hebrew roots mean ‘solid’ or ‘enduring’. A Monolith is ‘ a large and impersonal political, corporate, or social structure regarded as intractably indivisible and uniform’, which pretty much sums up a lot of what science appears to be.

CS Erzebet Darwin is a second gen female Waterhorse dragon, the offspring of CS Ethan Monolith and Researcher TIARA Wells. She is mated to Researcher Charlot Coulson, a second generation male black dragon.

Erzebet is one of many derivatives of the name ‘Elizabeth’. Darwin comes from one of the most famous self-funded scientists, Charles Darwin.

Sorry everything's so wordy.

~~~

Username: Faerie_fyre

Dragon: Researcher Charlot Coulson

Dragon: Researcher TIARA Wells

Dragon:CS Ethan Monolith

Dragon: CS Erzebet Darwin

I have a new pair!

Username: Faerie_fyre

Pair: CS Ethan Monolith x Researcher TIARA Wells

Type of Lineage: Clean, second gen

Special rules: Nope!

Pair: Researcher Charlot Coulson x CS Erzebet Darwin

Type of Lineage: Clean, third gen

Special rules: I do prefer this to be kept even, but the mate does not need to already be a member of this lineage.

EDIT: Now EVERYONE has a lineage link!

Edited by Faerie_fyre

One mate and pair coming up, and an auto AP'd egg.

Dragon: Dusky's Russell Willi

Russell Willi gets his name from one of the discoverers of Silver-Russell Syndrome and one discoverer of Praeder-Willi Syndrome. Sorry for the short decription...

I have a new pair!

Pair: Dusky's Russell Willi x Dusky's Alu Percentage of All (Example)

Type of Lineage: 2nd generation

Special rules: N/A

I'm spreading awareness!

Breed: Bolt

Location of egg: AP

Teleport Link: N/A

Time till enters AP wall: 1 day 17 hours at current AP times.

(puts on lineage mod hat) Sorry for not running my update yet, but I'd like to wait till tomorrow, as I can get to a computer then.

Edited by Dusky_Flareon

Thanks for reporting that, though... the pink is a bit painful, and I'd prefer if you didn't mess with the form...

[B][FONT=Times]A new dragon is spreading awareness![/FONT][/B]
[B]Username:[/B] (Forum username)
[B]Dragon:[/B] (Name with lineage link)

is the form you want to use for naming reports.

Edited by Dusky_Flareon

Update

Do not edit anything before this post. Anything after this post will be in the next update.

lilbunniesdragons your dragon was added to the lists.

Dusky_Flareon your dragons were added to the lists.

Faerie_fyre your dragons were added to the lists.

Faerie_fyre your breeding pairs were added.

Dusky_Flareon your breeding pair was added.

James1011 your dragon was added to the lists.

Mod Note

Sorry guys. I blame how long this took on procrastination and laziness. rolleyes.gif Also, the official pair is ready to breed again.

A promo was attempted, but that... didn't work so well. Next player to post a form gets an alt line egg.

Edited by Dusky_Flareon

Yep, there we go. I'll add your egg, and you get an alt line egg as soon as my ND hatches.

EDIT: No egg. With fertility. Sorry! Next week....

Edited by Dusky_Flareon

Dragons do that, I'm afraid. The below scenario is distressingly common on my scroll.

Me: Hey, I need an egg to send someone this week.

Dragons: Hahaha, we have a headache. No egg for you!

At least it's not a refusal?

I'd normally be one to jump straight into lineage projects like this one, but I'm afraid this time I can't sad.gif Imo, the rules are a little confusing, but the main reason I'm not taking part is because my white dragons have ended up all joining the Musical Lineage.

A little silly, I know, sorry..

I do fully support this lineage tho and may join at a later point when I have more dragons~ tongue.gif

I'd normally be one to jump straight into lineage projects like this one, but I'm afraid this time I can't sad.gif Imo, the rules are a little confusing, but the main reason I'm not taking part is because my white dragons have ended up all joining the Musical Lineage.

A little silly, I know, sorry..

I do fully support this lineage tho and may join at a later point when I have more dragons~ tongue.gif

Ah, okay. Blacks and Candelagras are also allowed in rhe CB generation, by the way. Something like http://dragcave.net/lineage/iYnTJ is allowed - see how there are Whites in the base of the lineage? While I'd prefer to see an White/Blavk/Candelabra, there just has to be a CB dragon of those breeds to qualify.

Bump! I'll (try to) breed an egg from the Original Pair once my ND exps are done. There'll also be an alt line egg on its way to faery_fyre... hopefully.

Edited by Dusky_Flareon