DuskOfTheStars

Genetic Syndrome Lineage

user posted image

Genetic Syndrome Lineage - Genetic Disorder Awareness

Genetic disorders affect many people. Every day, clinical geneticists work on these disorders. Every day, researchers try to find new cures for these disesases. Just how prevalent are they?

Robert Brent, "Estimated Incidences of Genetic Disorders Recessive (0.1%), AD and X-linked (1%), Irregularly inherited (9%), Chromosomal aberrations (0.6%)" -- from the Advisory committee on the Biological Effects of Ionizing Radiation. The Effects on Populations of Exposure to Low Levels of Ionizing Radiation. Washington DC, NR Council, NAS, National Academy Press, 1980

With this in mind, and my personal life with Usher Syndrome, I decided to create this project. Huntington's chorea... Sickle-cell anemia... Thalassemia... Cystic fibrosis... these are just four of thousands of recognized genetic disorders. Some, like these four, are serious. Others are not as serious. But all pose a challenge to those with them.

The Breast Cancer Hope Lineage (https://forums.dragcave.net) and the Anxiety Warriors Lineage (https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=174648) were the inspirations that allowed me to create this - please go check them out!

For more information on various genetic disorders, go to these two links:

NIH About Genetic Disorders

and

National Library of Medicine List of Some Genetic Disorders

Black dragons, White dragons, and Candlebra dragons play a role in this lineage. The meanings are below:

-Blacks symbolize the darkness of ignorance of genetic disorders.

-Whites symbolize healing of genetic disorders.

-Candlebras symbolize bringing genetic disorders into light and the light of truth.

Are you ready to help spread awareness of these disorders?

Rules:

Anyone can join in if you follow these rules! Genetic disorder or not, please help spread awareness about genetic disorders.

Do not kill, freeze, bite, neglect, zombify, trade, regift, or abandon an egg you receive from requesting through this lineage.

Do not bite, kill, zombify, neglect, or freeze ANY egg of this lineage.

If you use an egg from this lineage as trade fodder or a gift, make sure to point the recipent here and they follow the lineage rules.

I won't penalize you for having any dead eggs when you sign up. Just tell me how they died, please.

You do not need any adult dragons to join this lineage - I am happy to let eggs from this lineage become one of your first, and you can PM me if you are a new player who joined and wants some dragon raising tips.

APing eggs from this lineage is allowed!

Name dragons from this lineage! Make sure DNA, Genetic, Gene, Syndrome, or at least one word relating to genetic/epigenetic disorders or genes/genomes/epigenomes DNA is in the name. Naming a dragon after an actual genetic disorder is encouraged! Dragons without a Black, White, or Candlebra dragon in heritage cannot be named for the project - even if they are a mate for your project dragon, unless the mate is part of a CB pair.

Your egg must have a Black, White, or Candlebra dragon as a CB dragon in the heritage to be part of this lineage. You are allowed to mate it with ANYTHING compatible of your choosing, from a CB Gold to a Grey x Blusang checker - just try to keep lineages in a stair, a spiral, or evengen.

You may create and submit your own CB breeding pairs or submit a pair that you bred from/obtained one dragon of from the lineage. A CB pair MUST have a Black, White or Candlebra Dragon in it! Name both dragons of a CB pair with the project naming rule.

Feel free to keep, gift, or free-for-all your eggs, even on another thread.

Feel free to join in as a breeder!

Please don't inbreed. Inbreeding is ONLY allowed if you were UNKNOWINGLY breeding your dragon with an inbred mate!

Please be polite. It's just common decency!

Eggs are given in order of request.

Please, please make sure your scroll is visible.

Alt lineage dragons may not be used in a submitted pair nor gifted by anyone but the project leader (Dusky_Flareon)!

------

Officially Created Lines:

Original: Out of Genetic Dark x And To Genetic Light

Alt (only avaible on birthdays or as a reward or promotion): Silent Snow x Eternal Genetic Memory. Note that Silent Snow is the only CB dragon entered into this lineage to not follow lineage naming rules, but her description will relate to her name and healing.

Request-An-Egg!

[B][FONT=Times]I want a Genetic Awareness egg![/FONT][/B]
[B]Username:[/B] (Forum username linking to scroll)
[B]PM:[/B] (Your PM link)
[B]Pair:[/B] (Male name linking to lineage x female name linking to lineage)

Example:

I want a Genetic Awareness egg!

Username: Dusky_Flareon

PM: Link

Pair: Out of Genetic Dark x And To Genetic Light

Request to be a breeder

[B][FONT=Times]I want to breed Genetic Awareness dragons![/FONT][/B]
[B]Type of Lineage:[/B] (What type of lineage will offspring be? 2nd gen, spiral, checker, stair, arrow, clean, etc?)
[B]Special rules:[/B] (Any rules not already in project rules for your pair?)

Example:

I want to breed Genetic Awareness dragons!

Type of Lineage: 2nd gen

Special rules:

Happy Birthday!

[B][FONT=Times]My birthday is coming up![/FONT][/B]
[B]Birthday:[/B] (Your birth date and month)

Example:

My birthday is coming up!

Birthday: January 25

Report-A-New Dragon!

[B][FONT=Times]A new dragon is spreading awareness![/FONT][/B]
[B]Username:[/B] (Forum username)
[B]Dragon:[/B] (Name with lineage link)

Example:

A new dragon is spreading awareness!

Dragon: Out of Genetic Dark

Report-A-New Pair!

[B][FONT=Times]I have a new pair![/FONT][/B]
[B]Username:[/B] (Forum username)
[B]Type of Lineage:[/B] (What type of lineage will offspring be? 2nd gen, spiral, checker, stair, arrow, clean, etc?)
[B]Special rules:[/B] (Any rules not already in project rules for your pair?)

Example:

I have a new pair!

Type of Lineage: 2nd gen

Special rules:

Report-A-Gift! - Please ONLY gifter or giftee report, not both!

[B][FONT=Times]I've given/received a dragon![/FONT][/B]
[B]Gifter Username:[/B] (Forum username)
[B]Giftee Username[/B] (Forum username)
[B]Egg:[/B] (lineage link)

Example:

I've given/received a dragon!

Gifter Username: Dusky_Flareon

Giftee Username Steve?

Egg: https://dragcave.net/lineage/YFKP5

Drop-An-Egg!

[B][FONT=Times]I'm spreading awareness![/FONT][/B]
[B]Breed:[/B] (What breed is the egg?)
[B].ocation of egg:[/B] (Teleport, transfer, or AP?)
[B]Teleport Link:[/B] (If egg was teleported, put it here!)
[B]Time till enters AP wall:[/B] (If egg was thrown to AP, when will we see it?)

Example:

I'm spreading awareness!

Breed: Candlebra

Location of egg: AP

Teleport Link: N/A

Time till enters AP wall: 2 days 13 hours

News will be on post #2, dragons will be on posts #3 and #4, members will be on post #6 with known birthdays noted in parentheses, pairs on post #5, and banners on post #7.

Edited by Dusky_Flareon

Project News

6/15/16 - Project begun!

6/18/16 - Fixed up Pairings post with PMs and breeder seperation

8/14/16 PROMO 1st person to post a form as of today gets an alt line egg! Apt lone is now Wternal Genetic M3mory x Sulent Snow. Silent Snow's description was approved!

-----

Most Recent Update (8/14/16)

lilbunniesdragons your dragon was added to the lists.

Dusky_Flareon your dragons were added to the lists.

Faerie_fyre your dragons were added to the lists.

Faerie_fyre your breeding pairs were added.

Dusky_Flareon your breeding pair was added.

James1011 your dragon was added to the lists.

Mod Note

Sorry guys. I blame how long this took on procrastination and laziness. rolleyes.gif Also, the official pair is ready to breed again.

A promo was attempted, but that... didn't work so well. Next player to post a form gets an alt line egg.

Edited by Dusky_Flareon

Pairings:

Gen 2 offspring:

Official Pair:

Out of Genetic Dark (M Black) x And To Genetic Light (F Candlebra)

Waiting List:

Faerie_fyre - PM

Researcher Bastian Maxam-Gilbert (M Black) x Hereditary Thalessemia Manon (F Candlebra)(Example)

Special rules: Would be nice to follow the naming scheme – black ‘Researchers’ and Candelabra bringing disorders to light, but not required.

CS Ethan Monolith (M Waterhorse) x Researcher TIARA Wells (F Black) (Example)

Waiting List: (so we know who wants what)

James1011 - PM

Genetic Disorder (M Black) x Normal Gene (F White) (Example)

Special rules: Feel free to name these dragons whatever you wish (although I'd advise against naming a dragon from this pair after a chromosomal disorder). Don't make an inbred dragon with this pair in the lineage, for the love of god (and yes, this applies to eggs with this pair in lineage outside of the lineage project!).

Waiting List:

Dusky_Flareon - PM

Dusky's Russell Willi (M Candlelabra) x Dusky's Alu Percentage of All (F Bolt) (Example)

Waiting List:

Gen 3 offspring:

Faerie_fyre - PM

Researcher Charlot Coulson x CS Erzebet Darwin

Type of Lineage: Clean, third gen

Special rules: I do prefer this to be kept even, but the mate does not need to already be a member of this lineage.

Waiting List:

Gen 4 offspring:

Gen 5 offspring:

Gen 6 offspring:

Gen 7 offspring:

Gen 8 offspring:

Gen 9 offspring:

Gen 10 offspring:[

Edited by Dusky_Flareon

Members:

Dusky_Flareon (Jan 25)

Faerie_fyre

WaterDroplet

James1011

Edited by Dusky_Flareon

Banners:

user posted image

[URL=https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=175000][IMG=http://mbmfiles.com/Jun2016/160617-gsmxGTt611aF.png][/URL]

user posted image

[url=https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=175000][IMG=http://orig14.deviantart.net/9551/f/2016/172/0/6/genetic_syndrome_dragon_cave_lineage_banner_by_dusky_flareon-da741hz.png][/url]

Alternate, smaller code (same banner):

[URL=https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=175000][IMG=http://i65.tinypic.com/2ue644z.png][/URL]

Made by gloryKAT:

user posted image

[URL=https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=175000][IMG=http://i63.tinypic.com/jq5p3a.png][/URL]

user posted image

[URL=https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=175000][IMG=http://i64.tinypic.com/20u7fp4.png][/URL]

user posted image

[URL=https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=175000][IMG=http://i68.tinypic.com/fcqqs1.png][/URL]

We need more banners! Please donate some!

--------

Other Awareness/Support Lineages

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

You may now post!

Edited by Dusky_Flareon

Just APed a Candlebra egg from the original pair.

I'm spreading awareness!

Breed: Candlebra

Location of egg: AP

Teleport Link: N/A

Time till enters AP wall: 2 days 13 hours from posting

Edited by Dusky_Flareon

Exciting.

So are you hoping for this to work like the AW lineage? (except for the dragon requirements)

I know there is one main AW pair, but all the members can also start their own projects.

I'm excited to see where this will go.

I would love to join, but I'm a bit swamped with lineage projects at the moment. I will definitely want to be involved though smile.gif

Yeah, it is like AW - that was the inspiration. You can submit your own pairs, too. There just has to be certain CB breed(s) in the lineage for symbolic reasons. (Plus I thought that would be cool.)

Edited by Dusky_Flareon

I did like the way you chose the dragons and the symbolism that you had behind them.

I'm thinking of doing a black x white even lineage. So exciting.

Edited by gigglymonkey12

Oh, thank you! And Black x White has always been one of my dream lineages - though I definitely like Black x Candlebra. The alt lineage was created because I figured people would like something special for their birthdays or as a reward for contributing - and because Silent Snow's pending description is about healing the sick - including genetic ailments, representing what medicine hopes to someday do.

Edited by Dusky_Flareon

Aw, heck. What's one more?

Username: Faerie_fyre

PM: Message me!

Pair: Researcher Bastian Maxam-Gilbert x Hereditary Thalessemia Manon (Example)

Type of Lineage: Second Gen

Special rules: Would be nice to follow the naming scheme – black ‘Researchers’ and Candelabra bringing disorders to light, but not required.

Bastian is a German derivative of the name ‘Sebastian’, which traces its etymology back to ‘venerable’, meaning ‘deserving of great respect’. Maxam-Gilbert is a chemical method of DNA sequencing, by which we can study disorders. In this way, we are able to know both how they come about and how they can be treated.

Thalessemia is a family of heritable hemoglobin disorders. Manon is a derivative of the name ‘Marie’, and tracing that back a few steps through French we get ‘negation of being bitter’. By giving this name to a Candelabra dragon, I intent to shed light on blood diseases, while simultaneously bringing hope into the picture.

Aw, heck. What's one more?

Username: Faerie_fyre

PM: Message me!

Pair: Researcher Bastian Maxam-Gilbert x Hereditary Thalessemia Manon (Example)

Type of Lineage: Second Gen

Bastian is a German derivative of the name ‘Sebastian’, which traces its etymology back to ‘venerable’, meaning ‘deserving of great respect’. Maxam-Gilbert is a chemical method of DNA sequencing, by which we can study disorders. In this way, we are able to know both how they come about and how they can be treated.

Thalessemia is a family of heritable hemoglobin disorders. Manon is a derivative of the name ‘Marie’, and tracing that back a few steps through French we get ‘negation of being bitter’. By giving this name to a Candelabra dragon, I intent to shed light on blood diseases, while simultaneously bringing hope into the picture.

Thank you for joining! Also, excellent reasoning and connecting for your two names. I particularly like the reference to DNA sequencing and the tracing of Manon/Marie's meaning. Updated relevant posts~

I'll add you this time, but please put a PM link in future.

Whoops! xd.png I was clearly tired when I filled that out. Sorry about that. Fixed it.

Thanks for fixing it. Also, I am updating breeding post with Faerie_fyre's PM now that I am on a computer and not the iPad 1 from earlier.

Update

Anything after this post will be added to the next update.

Faerie_fyre, your pair was added to the breeding lists.

WaterDroplet, you were added to the listing for your specified pair.

WaterDroplet, your requested egg has been bred. Please check your PMs, as I am sending the egg.

Edited by Dusky_Flareon

I'll add you to the list and update it. You're in list place #1.

Edit: You're on the list and should receive your egg on the 30th.

Edited by Dusky_Flareon

Username: http://dragcave.net/user/James1011

PM: (My PM link)

Pair: Genetic Disorder x Normal Gene

Type of Lineage: 2G offspring

Special rules: Feel free to name these dragons whatever you wish (although I'd advise against naming a dragon from this pair after a chromosomal disorder). Don't make an inbred dragon with this pair in the lineage, for the love of god (and yes, this applies to eggs with this pair in lineage outside of the lineage project!).

Genetic Disorder is a name snipe, the reason why it's a Black is because genetic disorders are not that common (and some even go undiagnosed!), and to provide a contrast for its white mate.

Normal Gene is the white dragon of the pair, a normal gene is one that does not cause genetic disorders (or cancer, for that matter, but that's outside the scope of this project).

Edited by James1011