NotBambi

June release? If not, July release!

I like your dragon ideas, Pika! Especially the White Gold Dragon. I like the idea of a hybrid of Celestial Dragons and Nebula Dragons as well. Perhaps some people will be happy to help write out the descriptions of the dragons once you make a request. happy.gif

Thanks for the motivation! In fact, I've received so much, that I actually made a thread for the Interdimensional Dragon. I would've made one for the White Gold and Blizzard, but I can't make more than one request per thread and the White Gold one was with a dragon idea that I had, and I liked the Interdimensional idea more than Blizzard. I'm currently waiting on the thread's approval.

Maybe I'll try making more dragon suggestions another time. It's pretty fun, actually. Especially hybrids.

So, everyone, do you suppose the July release will be tomorrow? happy.gif

I hope not I'm egglocked with a cb astrapi, cb spessartine, a chicken and a cb aria. Rather I didn't have to abandon them.

I doubt the July release will happen tomorrow. The threads I found for previous June, July, and August releases were all posted at or near the end of the month.

I hope not I'm egglocked with a cb astrapi, cb spessartine, a chicken and a cb aria. Rather I didn't have to abandon them.

Arias are fairly common, so if you had to abandon one it should be that one.

I'm just disappointed we didn't get one for June. Monthly releases are a big deal on DC! I hope the July release is soon.

Arias are fairly common, so if you had to abandon one it should be that one.

Still I rather not abandon any eggs

I'm just disappointed we didn't get one for June. Monthly releases are a big deal on DC! I hope the July release is soon.

Me too. We only have three more months until the dreaded holiday season where we lose a lot of months of regular releases. =(

It's my fault, though. I kept staying unlocked for a release. I'll go lock myself so we have a better chance of release. =p

For me a month without release is like Christmas has been cancelled and I'm suspecting TJ had an accident or sth and that DC is dead...

I know it's paranoid but well... NO RELEASE IN JUNE=(

June is wasted.

I'm so scared of regressing back into chaos DC once had...

I actually hope the release will be on July 2nd (because it's Saturday) and in the beginning of each month - not because it's my birthday but because it's the only thing I'm hoping for after the disaster of June - that the schedule is simply swapping from the last weekend of the month to the first weekend of the month and that nothing else changes. PLEASE let it be true...

I finished the 10th birthday release before the end of May! (and I mean breeding full families of each breed)

I even hoarded too many adult Zombie fodders for all subtypes... ^^; (I mean I won't be able to kill them all even in a few years if the kill limit isn't rised significantly)

And if it weren't for my Stripe couples stupbornly avoiding to breed the proper colors, I'd have nothing to do at all for a while already...

I can see no reason for no June release... And the only excuse I can think about is the schedule change from last weekend to the first weekend of the month, which still could be done without wasting June anyway:(

I hope that we'll at least get waste of the June release recompensated with loads of awesome new breeds... Really^^; I can't wait to hunt some new eggs in those massive floods!^^

I'm not really sure that I'd call June a "waste". I know that there are at least two raffles going on this week or upcoming in a few days (Vhale with a 2G Shimmer Prize & Clya on 4th of July) and a Breeding Event coming up shortly and I saw many people gathering previous new releases and gifting and raffling them as well as other things.

I certainly want everyone who loves new dragons to have as much as possible, but TJ has been really good about the release time schedule, and the birthday release had a lot of extra "enhancements" in addition to the new dragons.

I'm sure there is something around the corner and maybe the delay is due to a special timing or something special... so... I'm looking forward to whatever is coming down!

I appreciate new releases but definitely don't take them for granted every month. As it is, there are a TON of dragon breeds released already, and last month for the 10th birthday, we got a very, very generous release that brought back 2 discontinued dragons and released 4 new ones AND updated the zombies and released a bunch more of those sprites.

Like...it was a lot of new things that they could have spread out over a few months and it wouldn't have made people mad. I can understand why June was downtime after 6 releases (plus the zombies) in May.

Hopefully we'll get something cool in July, but even if we don't, we get a bunch of new holiday releases soon enough.

Edited by Pryanka

I'm with Niyaka: very disappointed. And I agree with Vixendra as well: what a waste.

ETA: last year we got releases on June, July and August, nothing in September, nothing between Halloween and Xmas. At the idea that we will have not more than two normal releases left this year, I feel quite annoyed.

Edited by NotBambi

I'm not really sure that I'd call June a "waste". I know that there are at least two raffles going on this week or upcoming in a few days (Vhale with a 2G Shimmer Prize & Clya on 4th of July) and a Breeding Event coming up shortly and I saw many people gathering previous new releases and gifting and raffling them as well as other things.

Such user-organised events take place anytime of the year though and I don't think they can anyhow compensate a lack of new release in a month that should have one. Especially as I and plenty other people either don't know about them or don't care about such. Not even mentioning not everyone gets anything - naturally.

Also, these are literally nonexistent to players who don't use the forum.

As a dC player I'm really devastated about having 0 new breeds for nearly 2 months...

and I hope TJ is alive.

Like...it was a lot of new things that they could have spread out over a few months and it wouldn't have made people mad. I can understand why June was downtime after 6 releases (plus the zombies) in May.

I, however, finished 100% of my work with all the new&re- releases from 10th birthday before the end of May!

and already collected enough of Zombie fodders for all subtypes to last for years (unless the kill limit is lifted a lot)

And there is that entire dead period between Halloween and Valentines to 'catch up on onther projects' already...

Edited by VixenDra

I'm not really sure that I'd call June a "waste".

I agree. As much as I want a release, we are not owed a release. Besides, we did get forum mods plus some info on potential descrip mods. As much as I love releases, I would have picked new mods over a release anyway.

I do hope we get a July release, though. =)

I have to admit, seeing all these comments that make it sound like June was a complete disaster because there was no release, I feel they're a bit....over the top, to put it politely.

I mean, it's always great to get a new release, but we did have quite a big release in May, what with the return of the discontinued dragons, the new releases, the zombie updates, all the various site updates....

TJ and the staff deserve a break, too. So if they want to have a month with no release where they can just relax or plot stuff or whatever, let them.

Edited by CharonDusk

Agree with CharonDusk. I bet managing the site as well as constant updates can be a tiresome task, after all the site is run by people not by robots tongue.gif One month of no releases isn't hurting anyone, right? After many months of consecutive releases, one month of none is just fine by me. I understand some users might be disappointed, but patience is the key, there will be new releases sometime soon, most likely. I'm quite happy with how everything is.

I agree with CharonDusk. I almost forgot about the zombie update, which touches on several dragons on its own. I still haven't attempted to make the other kinds of zombie dragons.

I still want a release this month. happy.gif But I won't be upset if there is none.

This thread appears to have become more about how users are supposed to feel about no June release than anything else. Since the original topic was a June release, which has now not happened, I'm going to go ahead and close the topic. Whichever user would like to may make a topic for a July release if they wish.

EDIT: July release thread: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=175229

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler