Riath

Dragon Cave: Tales of Galsreim

Whimsy's mouth just dropped when the knight cut the assassin in two.

WHOAA! Whoaaaa! What just happened?!

The knight wasn't the least bit bothered by the victory, but Whimsy missed his acknowledging smile, still staring at the corpse. She was shocked, but also insanely curious; how did he do that?! She was tempted to run up and take a closer look, but at the same time she was grossed out by the thought of touching something that was alive just a few minutes ago, but wasn't anymore. Unable to decide, she finally just jumped up and ran over to the king, hugged his legs, and stared at the body like it somehow presented a danger still.

Havoid, on the other hand, was through with her struggle with the tablecloth. With the sounds of battle subsiding, all she could think about it how slow she was, and that they weren't winning anymore. It had finally made it into her subconscious that the Cassare was no longer dampening the magic in the area, which meant the mage had enough power to either kill everyone, flee, or both. And here she was, kicking a table like a madman!

With the frantic thoughts cycling throughout her mind, Havoid finally timed her kicks to knock the table over; the wood striking the polished floor let out a deafening boom, punctuated by the clatter of falling dishes and plates of food. A waste, but she wasn't focused on that right now. Instead she jumped over the table to the other side and began sweeping off the debris with her tail, focused on the tablecloth. When it was finally clear of most of its weight, she grabbed its edge with her teeth and immediately headed back to the battle, heedless of what remained on it.

RIIIIIP! The tearing made her hesitate and look over her shoulder. Right, the tablecloth was pinned by the table where it had fallen. Well... at least she had half of it.

No point in dwelling on it. She thought, running back to the battle. The tablecloth was too big for that small puddle of mead she had noticed, so that plan was worthless now. What to do, what to do... It was large and heavy, a nice durable weave to withstand what weight was put on it. It was also very flashy and decorative, with colorful embroidery and bore the king's visage. Flashy... a distraction!

Or, having returned to the fight scene, a nice way to distract one guy. It seems they were winning after all! Still, the Guardian didn't think twice about her decision, and was insistent on putting the ruined tablecloth to good use. So she broke the circle that pinned the mage up against the wall, killing her speed just enough that she didn't skid into him and turn him into mush; that wouldn't be very good. When she dared to be close enough she threw the tablecloth and let it billow over the mage before forcing it downward with her front paws, in an attempt to blind and capture him.

((Not cut in two, I meant it to be decapitation, but wasn't sure how much detail I could go into without breaking forum rules D:))

King Enrich stared down at the child that was now hugging his legs. He chuckled softly, staring at the remaining assassin. The mage. If it were not for the efforts of these brave guests, he was certain the blue-garbed men would have killed him. The child hugging him was especially brave. She had saved Frederick there.

He looked sadly at the guards that lay dead at his feet. He would reward their families handsomely and ensure they had a proper funeral.

----------------------------

Edwain lifted his hands, his entire body glowing a shade of deep orange. The air around him would shimmer with heat, and a wisp of his hair caught fire. The fire was put out as the cloth was thrown over him. He dropped to the ground underneath the cloth, though heat still radiated from him, increasing in temperature steadily...

(( I know it's decapitation, I was just also tentatively working around the forum rules. xd.png Hm, I think I'll wait and let the others catch up with their posts first before I respond, but if nothing happens then I'll edit this post.))

((Hey, I only received an email yesterday or the day before about new posts. I'll be double-checking my email settings, but I should let you know that I will not have internet from tomorrow up until August 7th. That's a bit less than two weeks. It would be great if one of you would be willing to either play Gaolin or continue with him presumably just following the others. Thanks.))

Gaolin made a disgruntled noise at being wrong. He was certain they were sharing pain. Looking up, he was able to witness the knight slicing at the assassin, and the thud of part of said assassin hitting the ground. The rest of him followed soon.

The dragon Gaolin had seen before was fighting valiantly, blanketing the mage with a tablecloth? He wasn't too sure what he was looking at but it seemed to be working. Before the cloth had covered Edwain from sight, Gaolin realized that he seemed to be trying to use some kind of fire magic. A powerful one at that. We could use water, he thought, or possibly cover him in dirt. Looking around, Gaolin decided on water- he couldn't see any kind of dirt or sand around and it would be much easier to carry water.

"Setin, we could find water and try to put out Edwain's magic," he turned to face the green dino, "I saw some over on the ale table."

Edited by ubbydubby

((Welp, see you on 7th then. Puredark has dropped out due to personal reasons, so there's just the three of us now. Hopefully someone else can join so we have more peeps. I'm not good with playing characters made by others, so would it be okay if I just moved him along with the others?))

((Hey there. Looks like it's pretty dead here- I really like this roleplay though. Maybe we could recruit some more people.))

((I'd like to join, but if it's dead it'd be kind of silly to join))

((To be honest, I don't know what happened. o: Puredark dropped out, so I guess it's just Riath, ubbydubby and I? I could have sworn we had another person.

I haven't posted because I was the last post before Riath's, so I figured I would let ubby post first before thinking about writing anything up. It seems I missed the memo though that ubby had no internet for a while. xd.png It looks like all that happened is we were expecting posts from the others, which resulted in no one posting, so we could easily pick this back up again (assuming Riath is still around). So yeah, you can join Barik.))

((I sent Riath a form a few days ago. I'm not sure if they've seen it yet or not. Hopefully I can join ^-^))

((Looks like we're good to continue, but a bit stuck until Riath gets back. Sorry about the poor notice, I likely could have sent a PM or something. Anyways, we're here now, so when Riath gets back we can get back on the rails!))

((Yep, I'm back. Sorry for the long wait. I'll get to writing a post in a while. Barik, you've been accepted. Welcome!))

[Summary of what has happened so far:

The party, and everyone's interactions, were cut short by the appearance of several assassins. After an attempt on the king's life, most of the guards were slain. As the party goers escaped, several of them remained to defend the king. Currently, one assassin is dead and four are incapacitated. The final one, Edwain, is currently performing some sort of spell...]

King Enrich surveyed the carnage. The assassins were mostly down, with one dead on the floor. Upon further observation, he took note of the other fallen men. There were his guards. The poor men. They had done his best. He would see to it that each and every man had a hero's funeral. Then there were the blue-garbed men. A young one, looking almost like a child, was on the floor. He seemed to be getting up weakly. Another man, slightly older, was also sprawled on the floor. His weapon had been taken by one of the king's saviours earlier, and he was defenceless, not to mention out cold.

Shifting his gaze once more, he noticed the two twins. One had a broken arm while the other was on the floor with burns covering his body. The blue robes were scorched and tattered, but the man seemed fine. He slowly got up, moving towards his brother with the broken arm. They both seemed to be out of the fight for now.

-------------------------

Frederick dropped to his knees, exhausted from the fight with the assassin. He wouldn't be able to spring to the kings defence anymore. The best thing he could do was join him by the throne, along with the child who was hugging King Enrich. He would have to rely on the guests to handle the mage, who seemed to be using some sort of fire magic. Slowly rising, he walked towards the king, eyeing 'Edwain' and the cloth covering him.

-------------------------

The cloth covering him didn't seem to be putting out the fire. Edwain lay there, not making any attempt to remove it. From the edges of the cloth, smoke billowed out. In a short while, the cloth would catch fire.

------------------------

Setin nodded, moving towards the ale table. He looked around for a keg filled with something that wasn't alcohol. There had to be water, right? Maybe some fancy spring water for the guests, or some kind of blessed water melted from snowcaps. There had to be something that wouldn't make the fire larger if poured on it. The green dino began to panic, looking around for that much needed water. There was definitely water here. There had to be.

"Gaolin, I can't find any!"

Gaolin was also frantically looking for water, or at least something similar. He scrounged the massive ale table, looking into every bucket and every fountain. Finally, he struck gold. Or water, as it was. One of the kegs was filled with murky water. Gaolin struggled to lift it- as strong as he was, the water was incredibly heavy in its casing of dense wood. Eventually he managed to lift it and tuck it against his chest, but he could only waddle slowly with it. They would have to find another way to carry it over to the mage who was half a room away.

"Setin!" he called, "I found water, but I can't carry it alone. We'll have to drag it or something!"