Cinnamin Draconna

Request for a Biome change

That's not really helping the topic at hand though.. point is, this shouldn't be the way you have to tell one breed from another or else suffer losing a spot for 5 hours (unless you play the 0-5-24 hour roulette with vampire bites).

If someone wants x dragon, they shouldn't have an unfair obstacle for a certain few breeds.

I think her intention was to point to the fact that, if some users have their way, that inconvenient way to go from Get to View could disappear.

I think her intention was to point to the fact that, if some users have their way, that inconvenient way to go from Get to View could disappear.

Eh, that's assuming TJ even bothers- he's done zero to stop scripters so far, don't see why he'd start now.

(Honestly I don't know why I bother posting in the suggestions since he ignores 99.9% of them, really.)

Eh, that's assuming TJ even bothers- he's done zero to stop scripters so far, don't see why he'd start now.

(Honestly I don't know why I bother posting in the suggestions since he ignores 99.9% of them, really.)

Considering that scrolls got burned in the recent and not too recent past, I would disagree.

I'm disappointed because the suggestions that I supported did not get implemented. On the bright side, other suggestions did: Frills and Bright Pinks back, no more adding one hour to the cave. Maybe was just not our turn yet.

Frilled Dragons were discontinued before the advent of biomes. Since the biome is new to their re-released status, I'm quite certain that it is intentional they share theirs with Horses.

Not intentional on my end, but given that my options were to compete with ochredrakes or with horses, I just rolled with whatever TJ picked. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by Lythiaren

I'm totally indiferent to this suggestion. I've been hunting frills and I got a couple of horses instead. You can always bite the egg that you don't want or improve your horse army.

Send the horses to me! lol, I think they'd look fabulous in a checker with Arias, which I'm massively hoarding now. :3

While you can check using the view page to see if it's a Frill or a Horse, I find it very tedious. Someone could snatch it by the time you've checked and gone back to it.

Either change the description or change the Biome. I don't understand the whole same description thing for multiple eggs anyways; shouldn't they each be unique? Just an opinion of course.

I'd rather have a Biome change, even though I don't agree with same descriptions on multiple eggs. It would cause a lot less whining and complaining to do so than change a description.

While you can check using the view page to see if it's a Frill or a Horse, I find it very tedious. Someone could snatch it by the time you've checked and gone back to it.

Considering they both seem to be common enough, I don't see how this is that huge of a deal, especially as people can do it for the uncommon alts (ridge/dorsal), and I haven't seen biome/description change requests based on that.

Not saying no to this still, but I just don't think this is the strongest argument. If you're worried about someone else grabbing it, then you can grab it and if it's not what you want, you can either bite it and hope to get lucky or wait the couple of hours to abandon/trade it.

Considering they both seem to be common enough, I don't see how this is that huge of a deal, especially as people can do it for the uncommon alts (ridge/dorsal), and I haven't seen biome/description change requests based on that.

Not saying no to this still, but I just don't think this is the strongest argument. If you're worried about someone else grabbing it, then you can grab it and if it's not what you want, you can either bite it and hope to get lucky or wait the couple of hours to abandon/trade it.

What do you mean by checking them?

Is this referring to how some dragons have the same description, but are located in different biomes?

What do you mean by checking them?

I was quoting predatorfan, who was referring to copy'pasta'ing the get code, then replacing /get/ with /view/ to see what the egg looks like without grabbing it.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

I was quoting predatorfan, who was referring to copy'pasta'ing the get code, then replacing /get/ with /view/ to see what the egg looks like without grabbing it.

Ahhh gotcha. Thank you. I didn't know you could do that.

Personally I prefer a description change, especially for the horse. A single blue stripe does not constitute markings. It has always bothered me a bit to have them have the same description as others, when it really didn't even fit the egg. That way, NO lineages are harmed, and it shouldn't take long for people to get used to a new description, particularly if the change is announced.

Edited by Nectaris

Personally I prefer a description change, especially for the horse. A single blue stripe does not constitute markings. It has always bothered me a bit to have them have the same description as others, when it really didn't even fit the egg.  That way, NO lineages are harmed, and it shouldn't take long for people to get used to a new description, particularly if the change is announced.

Bold mine.

That sounds quite reasonable. Support.

Personally I prefer a description change, especially for the horse. A single blue stripe does not constitute markings. It has always bothered me a bit to have them have the same description as others, when it really didn't even fit the egg. That way, NO lineages are harmed, and it shouldn't take long for people to get used to a new description, particularly if the change is announced.

I find myself swayed by this argument.

As a lineage builder, (though not of coppers because I've little luck), I support Nectaris's statement- it makes a lot more sense to change their descriptions than it does to move them at the moment (since there is no grassland biome). Not to mention the Horse is the most recent to use that description, so at least in my mind deserves the change more than the Frills.

Not a huge fan of moving things across biomes anymore after someone pointed out that it would break lineages. I can get behind this, though. Support.

I agree with this. As a matter of fact, I'd love for all "strange markings" eggs to get their own unique description - and, no, don't use the tangar's description on frills, even though it would fit.

"This purple egg has a blue stripe on it."

"This green egg has an orange bottom."

"This egg is colored like mud."

"This light blue egg has white swirls on it."

This is a far better idea, and I would actually support it.

I agree with this. As a matter of fact, I'd love for all "strange markings" eggs to get their own unique description - and, no, don't use the tangar's description on frills, even though it would fit.

I really like this idea. It wouldn't take long for people to remember it, and I always have such a hard time remembering what the different 'strange markings' eggs mean, for some reason o.0

If a biome change isn't feasible, I would totally support this idea.

I did think of it, but the last time the topic was brought up, it got shot down pretty hard.. tho I don't remember all the details.

This is probably the best solution I think.

I'm really not a fan of overlapping descriptions at all.

Four dragons sharing the same description is just too many.

Well, we have some overlapping description where it really doesn't matter. "This egg has brightly colored markings on it."

"This egg appears to be covered in scales."

"This egg gives off a beautiful glow."

"This egg is very reflective, almost metallic looking."

Neither of those is an issue, for one reason or another.

However, there's the matter of sunstone and moonstone. If TJ so pleases, he could add one word to either description.

"This orange egg resembles a glowing stone."

"This blue egg resembles a glowing stone."

There's still the issue of similar descriptions, which tend to confuse me to no end and which I seem to be unable to tell apart at first glance. I think that is enough of a joke on us poor cave hunters. There's a whole lot of descriptions with "markings", "stone", "sunlight" and "moonlight", just to mention a few examples.