Clya

Your Birthday Dragons!

I looked through dozens of pages of topics, and didn't see anything like this, so I figured... why not (so I hope there isn't already a topic somewhere)? Birthdays mean a lot to me and my family, and with my brothers' birthdays pretty much all in May I've been the birthday spirit and made this!

This thread is about your own, personal birthday dragons! Do you have a special dragon to represent your birthday or a special person-to-you's-birthday? Or do you just have dragons that you catch on your birthday that mean a lot to you? Or how about an anniversary? It's sorta like a birthday! Either way, I'm pretty sure most of us have them, including me rolleyes.gif

So show them off! Talk about them! Say why they are your favorite and why you love them~ Show the lineages you've made with them, and love on other people's dragons. smile.gif

Just a disclaimer:

This thread isn't for trading/publicly gifting users dragons, if you want to publicly do that (privately is fine) please visit the Birthday Gifting Thread (just don't mention trading/gifting on this thread) smile.gif

I was told that view pages don't matter for adults, just only lineages for eggs and hatchlings

Edited by Clya

Like do you mean a dragon released on your birthday? Or a dragon hatched on your birthday? Or a dragon you got on your birthday? I'm not clear on what you mean.

Like do you mean a dragon released on your birthday? Or a dragon hatched on your birthday? Or a dragon you got on your birthday? I'm not clear on what you mean.

Any sort of dragon that you deem as your (or someone else's like a younger sibling or something) "birthday" dragon. So anything honestly! A dragon breed, release, specific dragon, etc.

Like here I'll start,

This One Is My Youngest Brother's 6th Birthday Dragon

This One Is My Second Youngest Brother's 7th Birthday Dragon

This One Is My Oldest Younger Brother's 12th Birthday Dragon

Since they don't actually have scrolls, I let them pick out a bunch of birthday dragons that I let them name and "take care of" on my scroll :3

Edited by Clya

Since I am a Christmas Eve baby, Hollies and all the other Christmas dragons.

I don't have any of my birthday dragons, I'll change it this November smile.gif That's a cute idea, like a little dragon gift for myself.

Easy for me... my birthday & DC's birthday are the same - May 21! So, for the last several years there have been lovely NEW dragons for my birthday presents.

My ultimate birthday dragon!

I might have some others caught/laid on various year's birthdays but she's the one I definitely treasure! I remember being glad that no one else was home at the time because I was SCREAMING! <3 :D

This guy was caught on my birthday & was my very first CB male silver. I remember hopping on my computer as I was getting ready to leave for work, knowing I really didn't have time to be online. Up pops a silver! I spazzed all around his egg before finally clicking on it. I had no real hopes of catching it, so the excitement was real when the "get code" page loaded, along with the egg.

To this day, he is the best thing I ever got for my birthday. (He's the only thing I've got in all the birthdays I've spent here!)

My Birthday is exactly one week before Halloween. I wait one day, then collect as many Halloween dragons as I can as breeding begins biggrin.gif

I actually don't have a special dragon for my birthday, but for my best friend: This Gilded Bloodscale was caught on the same day it was released as celebration of DC's birthday, which is my friend's birthday laugh.gif

After checking my dragons it turned I don't have a single adult dragon with my birth date, just a bunch of hatchlings, like especially this zombie one biggrin.gif

I am a Festivus baby. Since TJ has not seen fit to acknowledge that great holiday, I do not have any dragons for my birthday.

...but seriously, this seems to be the only dragon I have that was laid on my birthday. This Holly hatched on my b-day too.

Edited by silver_chan

My favourite birthday dragon is this, hatched on my birthday. smile.gif There's also her.

ETA: And I have a CB Silver caught on the day my first niece was born, and named after her. smile.gif

Edited by Amazon_warrior

My Birthday Miracle Actually, hatched on my birthday. smile.gif

You didn't ask for anniversary dragons, but I've got one of those too and I can't resist showing him off. He's actually caught on my anniversary.

btw, it's my understanding that view pages are fine for adult dragons on the forum. If I'm incorrect in that a mod can send me a gentle PM or edit. Lineage views don't show of the dates though and it's the dates that make these guys extra special.

This guy was caught on my birthday & was my very first CB male silver. I remember hopping on my computer as I was getting ready to leave for work, knowing I really didn't have time to be online. Up pops a silver! I spazzed all around his egg before finally clicking on it. I had no real hopes of catching it, so the excitement was real when the "get code" page loaded, along with the egg.

To this day, he is the best thing I ever got for my birthday. (He's the only thing I've got in all the birthdays I've spent here!)

I have a very similar story to tell about my first CB silver - except that the reason I caught him was almost without a doubt because I was the only one to see him as he appeared. If I recall correctly, this was around the time the first five minutes of the hour did not react to how many things were in the AP, but after that time would respond to whether the AP was full or not - either way, I refreshed the page just before it was about to happen, and there he was. smile.gif Had not expected to catch him, but got him anyway! At the time, I was very convinced he'd be my only CB metallic for the rest of my time on the site, so he was extra special to me. (And he's such a handsome fellow these days, too.)

Edited by pinkgothic

She hatched on my birthday.

Did this on purpose, fogged her when she got a big hole in her egg and then unfogged when my birthday came. I was really happy when she turned out to be female! I was born in fall but my favorite seasonal dragon is summer.

And ha! I didn't know I gave her a description. lol

This girl really isn't any more special to me than my other dragons, but it's the only one that actually grew up on my birthday. xd.png

This one was born on my sister's 34th birthday (I didn't notice, btw), though she never actually saw the day since she died at 27.

Edited by Beldarius

my birthday's on valentine's day, so i think i could consider the dragons released on that day to be my birthday babies!

the idea of a dragon with some special meaning that hatches/matures on a special day is super novel, though! i think i might do that this november for me and my partner's 5th anniversary. ❤

This one for my brother grew up a few days ago, I've decided to make a lineage and name the offspring born on their birthday for their X birthday ---> <3 <3 <3

Last year on my birthday I found my first CB Copper, I consider him my little present from the site.

Copper in question is here.

Edit for typo.

Edited by Kovia

I don't think I have a birthday dragon. Is there a convenient way to check? I dare not sort my dragons by date in fear of losing the custom sort that I use.

I saw this thread some days back and this thread actually inspired me to make myself a birthday dragon. Thus, I planned a personal lineage project for my birthday dragon. happy.gif