Shokomon

Drake Breeding Plans - Updates Pending

Here's a template for the Male Honey Drake if anyone's planning on building a lineage:

user posted image

Edit:

Female:

user posted image

Pretty PB:

user posted image

Morpho:

user posted imageuser posted image

Ochredrake:

Edited by lovecats99

The only drake that I don't think I would like with the Honey is the Glaucus, and even that might surprise me. laugh.gif

I love them with Ochedrakes and Howlers. So excited about getting more Drake breeding options! biggrin.gif

Personally, I'm planning to match the new Honeys with Howlers, Tarantula Hawks, and Morphodrakes. Might also do Glaucus and Night Glories. They look so good with almost everything! About the only pairings I don't like for the Honeys are Greater Spotted and Ochredrake. They also don't look as good with Day Glories as I thought they would, alas.

Edited by Lurhstaap

Ooh, I like howlers!

Morpho is very nice as well.

How about a honey and morpho drake?

https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showt...dpost&p=9352737

~

Okay, here's everything that hasn't been posted, unless I managed to overlook them D: (glaucus, greater spotted, tarantula hawk): http://imgur.com/a/1JCrt / http://imgur.com/a/1JCrt/layout/horizontal

I also threw in a glaucus/morpho mix, as that looks pretty nice all together.

Here's my top two, though:

I was excited to see them with Tarantula Hawks, but they really don't look as great as I was imagining. D:

I also threw in a glaucus/morpho mix, as that looks pretty nice all together.

I see a Lovely Commons lineage there. laugh.gif

I like them better with the Glaucus than I expected.

I like the honeys with Howlers as I expected, but I'm pleasantly surprised by how they look with night glory drakes and spotteds. Dat green and gold yo!

Agreeing with Sock and Odeen on the GSD checker. I don't care for the Spotted drakes overall, but in that clipped lineage view it really works.

And I knew I was going to use Glaucus the instant I saw the adults. Heck, I think I knew from the hatchie's colors it would be pretty.

To tell the truth, yeah, I wasn't expecting to like Honey x GSD, but the example looks WAY better than I predicted in my head.

Honey female x Tarantula Hawk male:

https://dragcave.net/lineage/52DsH

Honey male x Morphodrake female:

https://dragcave.net/lineage/oHL7l

My goodness. I've always had a vague fondness for drakes, but have done way more CB collecting than breeding because of their relatively limited options. But those two pairings, and others with the Honeys, are so fine that I can see myself breeding these on a regular basis. God I need more Honeys.

EDIT: Got another adult! Honey m x Howler f:

https://dragcave.net/lineage/1FTF3

Edited by Lurhstaap

Bumps because new drakes.

I totally missed this release because no internet at my apt and moving...

Wah.

Blank Templates to make stuff with:

1047849344_1-BlankLineageTemplate.png.5a7840b85020fc6ac3f164f68a1d7461.png

I don't remember where I picked this template up, but thank you to the person who made it.

If I ever find out who it was, I'll post it.

Bump for New Drakes!

Edit: Also, Templates!

10 hours ago, scalesofgrey said:

{snip}

Vremya Drakes (Green)

Hide contents

Infinity-Time.png Infinity-Time-F.png

{snip}

Edited by Shokomon

My babies are in the cave! I'm so happy!

NOW TO BREED THEM! :D

Congrats :D Got any previews to share yet?

13 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Congrats :D Got any previews to share yet?

Ask and you shall recieve

First, templates!

Spoiler

1163670582_Pseudo-WyvernBreeding-Female.png.e562b37da449f2c8f90721ffe2ece410.png 1458824121_Pseudo-WyvernBreeding-Male.png.38d387a49349f393f3615c5d27a251cd.png

Next, Howlers! Because they echo each other and I like that.

296612201_Pseudo-WyvernBreeding-HowlerFemale.png.a401d7ad01a9d8f383a14013da4a1c16.png 918523497_Pseudo-WyvernBreeding-HowlerMale.png.25abf8cac0de74a31f127931780b86b5.png

Any other ideas?

Ochredrake for different shades of brown, likewise Tarantula Hawk Drake, Morphodrake for a dash of blue?

9 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Ochredrake for different shades of brown, likewise Tarantula Hawk Drake, Morphodrake for a dash of blue?

Lemme whip some previews up.

- I included Tatterdrakes, Glaucuses, and Honeys because I thought they would look nice too

• Glaucus and Honey (Male and Female): 1275221090_Pseudo-WyvernBreeding-Glaucus-HoneyFemale.png.4f48bfbbec4486213562a102efbbb129.png27645318_Pseudo-WyvernBreeding-Glaucus-HoneyMale.png.36e01409b58c2bc24ced81ed02e2ddfa.png
  • Ochredrake and Morphodrake (Male only): 169453983_Pseudo-WyvernBreeding-Morphodrake-OchredrakeMale.png.eef272852bd3e93b53fbd181e27ae4c0.png
  • Tarantula Hawk and Tatterdrake (Female only): 185886108_Pseudo-WyvernBreeding-TarantulaHawk-TatterdrakeFemale.png.279b160a961b50e3fe193ce243b93dd3.png

I think I like how Honey and Glaucus look, as well as Morphodrakes. Tatterdrakes don't look to bad either.

When I saw the new drakes, I immediately thought of Howlers. But now that I've also looked at the Tatterdrakes, I like how their body poses seem to theme well together. So I really like both pairings. One of the things I like about the various Drake releases (and changing the "verbiage" on what defines a Drake to make it a little more open) has caused quite a bit of diversity in their releases and some of them you would never believe are from the same sub-class of Dragon! They are so interesting in Checkers of any type, whether it is complimentary or contrasting. I love that we have so many drakes released with so much difference in colors, body poses, etc. that there is a lot to play around with.

Bump for updates to the drakes!

What do you guys think of the lineages with the renovated Sunbeams and Moonglows?