Shokomon

Drake Breeding Plans - Updates Pending

Featured Drakes

*SPOILERS FOR THE NEW SPRITES*

Most Recent Release:

1. Sabertooth Bulldrakes!

Spoiler

Volcano: bulleggfi_by_spatialfangs-dcq2nvk.pngbulls1fi_by_spatialfangs-dcq2nu6.pngbulls2fi_by_spatialfangs-dcq2nup.pngbullwing_by_spatialfangs-dcqh2u5.png

My babies are all grown up and in the CAVE! Thank you @spatio, @Draconiusultamius, @skwerl56767, @Vrack, and everyone else in the DR for all your help in making this happen!

2. Teal Spotted Drakes! (Our first hybrid drake!)

Spoiler

Greater Spotted x Morpho: Spotted_Teal_egg.gif?format=originalSpotted_teal_hatchling.gif?format=originSpotted_Teal_mature_hatchling.gif?formatSpotted_Teal_adult.png?format=original

Most Recent Sprites Updated: Sunbeam and Moonglow Drakes (formerly, Day and Night Glories)

Spoiler

Bred/Catch in Day (6:00 AM to 6:00 PMSunbeam_Moonglow_egg.gif?format=originalSunbeam_hatchling.png?format=originalSunbeam_mature_hatchling.png?format=origSunbeam_adult.png?format=original

Bred/Catch at Night (6:00 PM to 6:00 AM) Sunbeam_Moonglow_egg.gif?format=originalMoonglow_hatchling.png?format=originalMoonglow_mature_hatchling.png?format=oriMoonglow_adult.png?format=original

Any plans for these guys?

--

(Making a Thread on the phone in another country is hard.)

I want to know people's plans for the new DC Anniversary Drakes. However, since there aren't a lot of drakes to begin with, I figure I would make a general drake breeding plan thread, and then bump it whenever a new Drake comes out.

So, any takers? I'm thinking of breeding Morphodrakes with Glaucus Drakes and Tarantula Hawks with Howlers. Or Morphodrakes with Taratula Hawks because nice color contrast.

How about you all?

And for reference:

All the Drakes said:

Adults: Ochredrake_adult.gifSunbeam_adult.png?format=originalMoonglow_adult.png?format=originalGlaucus_Drake_female.pngGlaucus_Drake_male.pngHowler_Drake_female.pngHowler_Drake_male.pngGreater_Spotted_Drake_adult.pngMorphodrake_adult.pngTarantula_Hawk_Drake_adult.pngHoney_Drake_female.pngHoney_Drake_male.pnglatest?cb=20180425134022latest?cb=20190524115200DC_Pseudowyvern-a.pngbullwing_by_spatialfangs-dcqh2u5.pngSpotted_Teal_adult.png?format=original

S2: Ochredrake_mature_hatchi.gifSunbeam_mature_hatchling.png?format=origMoonglow_mature_hatchling.png?format=oriGlaucus_Drake_mature_hatchi.pngHowler_Drake_mature_hatchi.gifGreater_Spotted_Drake_mature_hatchling.gMorphodrake_mature_hatchi.pngTarantula_Hawk_Drake_mature_hatchi.gifHoney_Drake_female_hatchi.gifHoney_Drake_male_hatchi.giflatest?cb=20180422204111latest?cb=20190521163723DC_Pseudowyvern-s2.pngbulls2fi_by_spatialfangs-dcq2nup.pngSpotted_Teal_mature_hatchling.gif?format

S1: Ochredrake_hatchi.gifSunbeam_hatchling.png?format=originalMoonglow_hatchling.png?format=originalGlaucus_Drake_hatchi.pngHowler_Drake_hatchi.gifGreater_Spotted_Drake_hatchling.gifMorphodrake_hatchi.gifTarantula_Hawk_Drake_hatchi.gifHoney_Drake_hatchi.giflatest?cb=20180422122210latest?cb=20190521110543DC_Pseudowyvern-s1.pngbulls1fi_by_spatialfangs-dcq2nu6.pngSpotted_teal_hatchling.gif?format=origin

Egg: This egg has strange markings on it.Sunbeam_Moonglow_egg.gif?format=originalThis striped egg feels moist.You hear strange noises coming from inside this egg.This egg is speckled with rosette-like markings.A few bright markings decorate this egg’s shell.A delicate web-like pattern decorates this egg’s shell.This egg is covered in tiny golden scales.This egg has a rough shell.latest?cb=20190521040514DC_Pseudowyvern-e.pngbulleggfi_by_spatialfangs-dcq2nvk.pngSpotted_Teal_egg.gif?format=original

Spoiler

Day_Glory_retired_concept.jpg?format=ori

Night_Glory_retired_concept.jpg?format=o

(And done. Yay.)

Blank Lineage Template:

1047849344_1-BlankLineageTemplate.png.5a7840b85020fc6ac3f164f68a1d7461.png

- I don't remember where I picked this template up, but thank you to the person who made it.

- If I ever find out who it was, I'll post it.

Edit (6/4/21): Updating drake list to make the images not blurry!

Edited by Shokomon
Updating broken links

I think I'll do a Morpho X Night Glory checker. I thought Howler X Tarantula might look nice but someone posted an example of it and it didn't catch my eye quite as much as I was hoping.

user posted image

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

That does look nice!

Do you still have the example for the Howler x Tarantula Hawk?

Thanks for making this thread! biggrin.gif

My fist thought was Tarantula Hawk x Howler as well, and I can't wait to try it! Especially m Howler x f Tarantula Hawk. The longer I think about it, I also might try Ochredrake x Tarantula Hawk.

I can't decide what to do with the Morphodrakes; Glaucus Drakes seem the obvious choice but I think I want to try them with Howlers first because they have a similar level of detail. If that makes sense. xd.png

ETA: Howler x Tarantula Hawk

Edited by dustpuppy

I want to do a Morphodrake and Glaucus pairing. Finally they have something that looks good with them.

Also, stupid spell check wants to correct Glaucus as Glaucoma... I laughed way too hard at that.

I saw the adult Morphos and immediately decided that I would add Glaucus x Morpho to my 9th current lineage project.

Plan is to make a 5th gen with alternating parents, like this

So there hasn't been much I've felt that goes with tarantulas, but I decided to do a test to see how it went with an ochredrake. Came out quite nice; I think I like it. Link to Prodegy below because I bred to AP.

Tarantula x ocredrake

I am liking the morph with the glories, however it's too bad that only one drake has a dimorphism

I am liking the morph with the glories, however it's too bad that only one drake has a dimorphism

Two Drakes have dimorphism; Glaucus and Howlers, which were released together.

man...we need more drakes...just man

(if I ever go though with my ideas all of my things will be drakes, hybrids(rarely), pygmies, or two-headed)

I think the hawk drakes will look nice with day glories or...anything, they look really really nice

or maybe those blues with day glories

or maybe a hawk with a Ochredrake, but id need to mess around in paint for a while to see what looks good

I saw the adult Morphos and immediately decided that I would add Glaucus x Morpho to my 9th current lineage project.

Plan is to make a 5th gen with alternating parents, like this

I accidentally got inspired to do a reverse of this, and then decided to merge the two lines so oops.

Two Drakes have dimorphism; Glaucus and Howlers, which were released together.

Oh der for some reason I thought the latter only had one. Well anyway there are more drakes without the dimorphism then.

I'm planning the following:

Morpho x Glaucus Spiral

-and-

Howler x Tarantula Hawk Staircase

Though it may be a little bit before I tackle either. I'm so happy that we two new drakes, they really make lineage projects for the guys much much easier than before since these two new releases really added some designs that will pair well with the current choices so well. I also imagine that they will pair well with any future Drakes released. biggrin.gif

user posted image

Wow. Did not expect this to look so gorgeous.

If I was into glories, I'd be doing some glory lines.

Other ones that I think look pretty good (all from Frankenweenie):

Tarantula x ochre: https://i.imgur.com/KEAhy9z.png

Tarantula x morpho: https://i.imgur.com/VgYoUZc.png

Howler x tarantula: https://i.imgur.com/YPJ1Dzo.png

Excited to have some more drake options! I think I'll actually do some drake checkers now. o3o

Wow. Did not expect this to look so gorgeous.

That's just what I was thinking about most checkers with these new Drakes wub.gif

I immediately thought about Glaucus x Morpho when I first saw the Morpho adult sprite and I was right. They look gorgeous together. Dayglory/Nightglory x Morpho also looks good.

Morho x Spotted looks way better than expected especially given that I am not that great of a fan of Spotted Drakes ohmy.gif

Is there anywhere to TRADE specifically drake lines ? I have a lovely one up for grabs just now; I could use a bloodswap:

http://dragcave.net/lineage/eUxq6

Anyone ?

I have started quite a few others too... I LIKE drakes.

Bump for the Honey Drakes smile.gif

I'd love to see them with the Night Glory, Morphodrake, and Glacials

Male Sprite:

user posted image

Edited by Pryanka