Shokomon

Drake Breeding Plans - Updates Pending

Just letting you know that the Sunbeam/Moonglow sprites in the OP are weirdly blurry, like they've been resized slightly.

I was working on a "purebred" Sunbeam x Moonglow lineage before this update, but I'm way more excited about it now. I don't have any of the new lineage bred yet, but I have this old drake whose lineage shows how the two look together now: https://dragcave.net/lineage/9o6ww

14 hours ago, Shokomon said:

Bump for updates to the drakes!

What do you guys think of the lineages with the renovated Sunbeams and Moonglows?

I love these even more than the originals and the day time one was one of my favourite of all the dragons from the cave.  

Big fan of the new sprites, does anyone by chance have a checker of Moonglows with Tarantula Hawks?  👀 

16 hours ago, Guillotine said:

Just letting you know that the Sunbeam/Moonglow sprites in the OP are weirdly blurry, like they've been resized slightly.

Yea. For some reason, wiki images blow up to 200xXXX when uploaded so I have to scale them.

On a different note, while the lineage isn't pretty, I do have a Moonglow Howler pair: Baby from the two drakes

Moonglows pair very nicely with Howlers; I meant to start a line but forgot that I'd locked myself trying to dredge for more drakes so it went to the AP. |D;;;

Hmmmmmm...  I'm not sure I love the new Sunbeams yet; they're so much more blue than they used to be, and while I love blue, it's a drake color we already have two options for and it doesn't pair the same as the gold did.  Guess it's a good thing I've already completed my Sunbeam x Vremya lineage.  :P  

On the other hand the new Moonglow sprite is really catching my attention, and I want to think of some new projects for it!  Both the old sprite and the new sprite are really gorgeous, in different ways, and where before I was mostly thinking of Honeydrakes and Ochredrakes as potential partners, now I'm thinking Morphos, female Glaucus, and/or Spotteds...

Edited by sorenna

Yeah, I also wish they hadn't changed the colour distribution so much ... Individually, the new Drakes look just awesome, but the lineage tiles are lacking somewhat.

I wonder how Honey and Sunbeam would look together now.

And Tatter and Moonglow?

NEW DRAKES!

INCLUDING ONE OF MY CONCEPTS!

Yay!

Any takers?

I'm going to breed my free Psuedowyvern with a Sabertooth but I have no ideas for the hybrid.

I need to actually get one first...

I think Sabertooth Bull drakes would look good with Honey drakes. 

M Honey x F Sabertooth Bull

Screenshot_20210701-101936_Chrome.thumb.jpg.2316b4507a6ecebcb0a2a4141e7adae2.jpg

Sabertooth and Tatter:

7f767f9dd5919de47e7f124635e35231.png

I kind of like the color difference with Glaucus:

ade69b577249d25c5a0811a937f36ea0.png

Wow, the Sabertooths look good with everything so far! I'm especially liking the contrast with the Tatters, how cool!

Anyone have any ideas for the Spotted Teal hybrid?

Oh wow, the Sabertooth Bull x Tatterdrake combo is perfection! ❤️

For the Spotted Teal I was wondering if Howler Drake could be a good match, because they both have these eye spots on their wings. I'd also like to combine the Spotted Teal with Sunbeam in some way. And maybe a checker with "fail" Morphodrakes?

howler.png.a88489f78ea72566c504c55abcaa37c7.png

sunbeam.png.70b8621ff74710d7e7640e538d1f2915.png

fail.png.2698c6baf68cbf0482ab2ec4a17aaaa8.png

6 hours ago, Shokomon said:

OH!!!

Since Im here I can offer u tidbits about my drakes!

Tidbits!

Pseudowyverns screech like angry parrots when threatened or agitated.

Sabertooth Bulldogs packs actually don't fight amongst themselves. They usually just roar at each other. They usually just fight everything else.

Pseudowyvern coloration, hunting patterns, and pack behaviours are based on Harris Hawks.

Sabertooth Bulldogs are supposed to be the Drake equivalent of a Wingless Western. So, no, they can't fly.

The Pseudowyvern dragon equivalent should be obvious.

Both drakes wee a part of a Dragon Request Concept set before they were broken up into individual concepts.

Need more tidbits?

I should put these in the Drake Breeding thread....

Tidbits! 

I had posted this elsewhere, but they probably should be here too.