angelicdragonpuppy

ANSWERED:Allow Pinks to (rarely) breed Arias

Ratatatatata make ALL the suggestions! \o/

Anyway, I think it'd be a nice nod to the history behind our pink dragons if both types could still, rarely, breed one of the other types. It's not exactly unprecedented in DC, either; Xenos can occasionally throw Xenos that don't match either the parents' types or biomes, and Ultraviolets can throw Spitfires.

Well....this is not what I would prefer, but I think this makes sense considering all the lineages people have made with Aria bases but I think it should definitely be rare.

Personally, I would like all the pinks bred by Arias to become Arias, like two different breeds. But that would be lots of work and make a lot of people unhappy xd.png

So....I support

Edited by WaterDroplet

I just want to re-state that just because I suspect they arias will only breed arias and pinks will only breed pinks doesn't mean it's true. My conjecture is user conjecture just like any of you. We have no confirmation one way or another how either will breed.

So no opinion on the suggestion yet, I just think it might be a little premature, and I don't want users to get the wrong idea looking at it. If anybody was swayed by my posts, please know that I don't know for sure how it will go. I know as much as you guys, as I had the same amount of involvement in birthday festivities as you all. xD

Don't worry Sock, it wasn't based on your post, it was based on me breeding a couple pinks and not getting any bright ones, haha. Presumably if they could breed them at all they'd be doing it fairly reliably right now, even if it is meant to be rare normally.

I currently doubt that Pinks are breeding Arias--that's a change I would certainly support--but it's too early to tell if Arias breed Pinks; because they were just (re-)released, their ratios will need time to balance out before Pinks start popping out, if they do indeed still breed them.

I hope areas do produce pinks, even if rarely. There are too many lineage projects that will come to a screeching halt if they don't. I like the idea of pinks producing arias too, just for reciprocity's sake if nothing else.

I hope areas do produce pinks, even if rarely. There are too many lineage projects that will come to a screeching halt if they don't. I like the idea of pinks producing arias too, just for reciprocity's sake if nothing else.

Agreed, even if I would like a bit more than rarely, for example 25% of the time. And the reciprocity as well.

Eh... I don't really see the point of this. Sure, Arias used to be the old Bright Pinks, but there are only two ways Arias and Pinks are related: the first is that they're both almost completely pink western dragons, and the second is that Arias used to be Bright Pinks (as you said, associating the two is a nod to the history). But if you think about it, it's no different than associating other dragon breeds in a similar manner: Guardians and Guardians of Nature are both protective of certain things. Blacktips and Red-Finned Tidals are both exclusively Coast dragons. Cheeses and Papers are both unbreedable, enchanted-object dragons. So I don't really see why the two should have a chance of being bred like this? Unless I'm misinterpreting your post and you're not saying that PinkxPink pairings should be able to breed Arias, and vice versa?

Still though, I am 150% satisfied by the fact that I can even collect Arias (Bright Pinks) now. I don't want to seem ungrateful by demanding changes already when it's barely been a day since the release.

Full support (maybe not suuuuper rare, please) because I have a Valentine lineage that has Arias in the base and Pinks throughout. Now that I have my own set of Arias, I would love to be able to continue that lineage.

Also, I suddenly realized... now that we have Arias, what is going to happen to the breeding patterns for people with the original Bright Pinks?

If we kept it so that they can breed Arias AND pinks, it would make sense for those original Bright Pinks to have bred Pinks during the time they were discontinued.

As for Pinks breeding Arias, I can't think of an explanation/excuse for that beyond... why not?

I like the idea for the connection to DC history (and to keep people with Aria-based lineages from being out in the cold).

As for rationale: Perhaps the two species are very closely related (subspecies in the same Genus and species), with the Aria being more specialized for Jungle living, so that it is occasionally possible for a random mutation to produce the other type, particularly if the mother had spent a notable time in the jungle (for pinks) or in colder climes (for Arias). This is probably only really important for the role-players, though.

This is a super cute idea. If it's not already the case, then I really hope it's implemented. I like the idea of a nod to DC history and also the fact that it could create some interesting lineages. smile.gif

I support that Arias could still breed pink, even with more chances. It wouldn't make much sense if suddendly they coudln't anymore do that, plus I see it as a sort of "evolution" of the race. Norally an Arias would produce Arias but if it generats a pink is because his breed has been selected that way for various generations so it may happen to have offsprings different from their parents.

I support this suggestion. Although it might be that arias already have a chance to breed pinks, because even if that were the case, it'll be a while before any normal pinks show up, arias being a bit like a new release and needing time for ratios to stabilize.

Even though I'm not personally affected as I don't collect old pink lines, I definitely support at least one half of the suggestion. Let Arias be able to produce BSA Pinks occasionally, maybe if a certain BSA (their own? *hint, hint*) is used on them.

I'm a little less sure of doing it the other way round. Arias are known to be magic users, while Pinks... aren't. At least not known as such.

I'd like this. It would make for some interesting lineages.

This has my full support. While I don't have bright pink based lineages, I hate the idea of people's hard work going to pot now that they have a way to add to the lineage base on their own.

If it is necessary: full support since I'd hate to see lineages which use Arias only in the base and the work people put into these lineages go to waste.

I don't particularly care for this simply because I don't breed any lineages that give random colors (dorsals, stripes, ridgewings etc. Chance has never been my friend.

I would like a one time option to change given pinks bred from to Arias to an Aria, but that is a different thing altogether.

I don't particularly care for this simply because I don't breed any lineages that give random colors (dorsals, stripes, ridgewings etc. Chance has never been my friend.

I would like a one time option to change given pinks bred from to Arias to an Aria, but that is a different thing altogether.

Very, very bad idea. (Sorry.) It could mess with lineages other people have collected. Imagine a mid- to high-gen checker with Aria base/bred BSA pink females and [insert random breed here] males where, all of a sudden, 1 or 3 or 6 random BSA pinks get turned into Arias. The line would be ruined. Maybe as long as the bred Aria is still an egg, but not for adults.

You know what? All of a sudden, I want to breed an alternating checker with Arias and Mistletoes. Well, depending on the male sprite. /offtopic

Very, very bad idea. (Sorry.) It could mess with lineages other people have collected. Imagine a mid- to high-gen checker with Aria base/bred BSA pink females and [insert random breed here] males where, all of a sudden, 1 or 3 or 6 random BSA pinks get turned into Arias.  The line would be ruined.  Maybe as long as the bred Aria is still an egg, but not for adults.

You know what? All of a sudden, I want to breed an alternating checker with Arias and Mistletoes. Well, depending on the male sprite. /offtopic

Actually, I meant only my dragons, not what would happen on anyone else's scroll. And I realize this is never going to happen, but I can always wish.

Edited by ainisarie

Actually, I meant only my dragons, not what would happen on anyone else's scroll. And I realize this is never going to happen, but I can always wish.

That's the thing, between abandoning eggs and cooperating in lineages, there are a lot of lineages out there that are not fully owned by one person. This is especially true with bright pink based lineages since the bright pinks were so rare, only owned by long time players.

Just to spell things out: person 1 owns the 2nd gen parents of a 3rd gen component of person 2's lineage. Person 1 decides that they'd prefer their own 3rd gen EG to be all aria and turns that one (or two, depending on the lineage) of those 2nd gens aria. Now person 2 has one (or two) parts of their lineage turned into the wrong dragon, ruining their lineage completely, but person 1 only changed dragons on their own scroll.

Not everyone is going to have enough forethought to consider the consequences to others. Just like how people kill a dragon without considering what other people might have done with its offspring.

I'm 100% in support of Arias breeding Pinks. I mean, there's already lineages out there that have Pinks from Arias, so allowing that pattern to continue makes sense to me.

I'm neutral on Pinks breeding Arias. Would make for some nice alternating checkers (I would totally do an alternating breed line with Pinks and Arias), though.

Not really into Pinks breeding Arias, but totally fine with Arias breeding Pinks. Somehow it just feels weird to me to have Pinks suddenly start producing Arias.

The breeds are clearly related. We could even say that Pinks evolved from Arias, but Arias never died out. Maybe something about the climate shifted to allow them to breed true again. The new Aria description mentions that they live in the tropics, so maybe placing an Aria in a colder environment resulted in lighter-colored, less vocal versions that eventually became their own breed.

What about Aria breedibg pinks if both parents are from the jungle biome? Would this make sense? I thought it because of the climate conditions proposed on the post above mine xd.png