626lavaheart

action log features?

I think the main thing I'll do here is go back to limiting it to 30 days.

I don't think the ability to go back to 2012 is super valuable, especially at the cost of having 154 pages.

I think 30 days is plenty.

My action log shows 1,047 actions for the last 30 days, which is 11 pages.

Yesterday, my log showed 49,879 actions (that is 499 pages) going back to 2012. Way too much info.

Looks like this has been shortened to 30 days now, which is much better, although I still have 21 pages! laugh.gif

Personally I'm very disappointed with that limitation TJ. I was very excited when I saw that I could have a look at all the actions I'd ever taken (there were a couple I wanted to have a look for, but I'm not able to, now. sad.gif ) I think it's really nice to have a record like that of what you've done. And those who don't need that history, they don't need to click through all those pages. They can see the front page, and if that's all they need, then they can just not click back any further.

Please return things to having all of the history shown? I don't see how those extra pages harm anyone, and I'd really like to have my full action log!

I agree with MessengerDragon!!!!

I'm very disappointed too!!!! I really wanted to see the old actions i did here when I first joined DC -.-

Very disappointed with 30 days. I don't need to go back and see my actions from day one, or even a year ago, but how about six months? Is that too much to ask?

I was jumping up and down and clapping on the 21st, as a longer action log was my wish. Now I'm downhearted.

I second that - a permanent long-time action log would be much appreciated, it helps e.g. to keep track of bred and gifted dragons, refusals, influence etc. Removing it after only a couple of days, without any warning or announcement on the news page, feels incredibly disappointing. If I had known it would be gone after such a short time, I would have taken the time to browse through as many pages as possible and take notes of some events that were important to me. sad.gif

Maybe show the last 30 days in the regular action log, but add an archive with those actions older than that? And ideally some filters as well. That would be pretty cool smile.gif

Guys this isn't the thread to complain about that... If you want to suggest to TJ that he bring back longer lists then you're free to make you're own thread :3

I was mostly interested in TJ seeing and considering adding these features if he could. Since he did see it, any mods or whatnot feel free to close the thread. There's not that much to discuss tbh.

Edited by 626lavaheart

If you're interested in the longevity of the action log, check out this thread, though I've already posted in there explaining why a permanent history is not feasible.

I'm more interested in being able to filter out actions I don't care about (hide, name...)