TJ09

2016-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 10th Birthday!

Holy cow, my action log O.o

I just found mine too. xd.png

There's stuff from 2011.

Just gonna post this from time to time if no one minds.

Locations of new eggs (not 100%)

Please expand upon if you can.

Note: Arias have not dropped in awhile.

Note: I myself have not seen any eggs in the Forest.

Aria/Bright Pink - Jungle

Frill - ???

Unstable Pink - Alpine, Volcano

Mottled Red - Coast, Jungle

Web Drake - Desert

Blue Drake - Jungle

Sooooo.....my biomes don't show the new backgrounds yet. Is it only available for the default site skin? I sure hope not....?

Why does tj09 have four of one kind of egg? Is there four different adult sprites?

4 eggs means adult and hatchling dimorphism (even if they all grow up, he often reverts some later for hatchlings). 3 is adult dimorphism but not in the hatchlings. 2 means no dimorphism.

Has anyone looked at their action log yet? I have over 3000 actions recorded now. o.O

Also already enabled pending descriptions. what a great way to get the backlog out where people can see it even if it isn't "official" yet.

Sooooo.....my biomes don't show the new backgrounds yet. Is it only available for the default site skin? I sure hope not....?

Seems that way. I had to switch to the default from the St Pat's to see it.

Okay, now that I'm egg locked and have had time to take stock of the updates.

The desert background looks nice (though, since I keep mine on the St. Patty's layout, I won't see it often lol). The new map looks great, too. smile.gif

As an amateur genealogist, I just have to say a big Thank You for the new lineage layout. Love it.

So nice to have the bright pinks back as the only one I had was messy. Already have cb Frills, so not high on my priority list, but I'm glad to have them back, too.

Woop, got at least one of each aside from frills and arias biggrin.gif

I'm glad to see that bright pink dragons have a new identity rather than just being Bright Pink. I wasn't a fan of them before, but that might change now.

Whoo, got one of each new one smile.gif now to get a new bright pink- er, Aria and then hopefully a frill if they drop, otherwise I don't think I'll bother with those for a while.

Love the new Zombies, though with the new forms it would be fantastic if they were also available year-round again with an increased chance on Halloween, instead of the current Halloween-only!

Woop, got at least one of each aside from frills and arias biggrin.gif

Same ❤ Hope to catch mates later on and maybe a frill.

Finally caught two of the mottled red eggs! biggrin.gif

Their description is really intriguing, "almost glows from within", like the spirit wards... Can't wait to see what they turn out to be!

pffft, I'm not even gonna try to get any atm. The drops go super quick and my internet is laggy atm. Hopefully this will be a nice, long drop overall, since it's for a pretty special event. ^^ Besides, don't want to drop the ones I have right now. :/

Edited by Natakiro

Holy Moly! My action log has 17,336 actions!! Every one since I join in Sept. 08!! Wow.

So ... curiosity has set in for me now that I'm locked. xd.png

Has anyone tried breeding an Aria and got a pink instead? I'm curious how they will work now. Will Arias still be considered as Pink dragons, or are they now their own true breed?

Just saw another Aria in the Jungle, they are still dropping.

No sign of any Frills yet.

Has anyone seen anything drop in the Forest? I have yet to see a thing there.

Blue drake appears between moonstone and nebula

Crystalline appears between neotropical and nocturne

Webbed drake appears between terrae and thunder

Red mottled appears between brute and canopy

Aria (bright pink) description: Aria dragons are a brightly-colored and sprightly breed, perhaps most adored for their lyric calls. Their song-like melodies fill the areas they inhabit; their coos resemble those of birds, only more elegant and refined. They have fairly strong magical capabilities, but tend to reserve these strengths for last-minute defense, choosing to live their lives in simple peace. Arias, sticking to the tropics, typically live quite far from human settlements, giving rise to the previously held belief that they had gone extinct.

Edited by dirtytabs

So ... curiosity has set in for me now that I'm locked. xd.png

Has anyone tried breeding an Aria and got a pink instead? I'm curious how they will work now. Will Arias still be considered as Pink dragons, or are they now their own true breed?

If this mechanic is to stay, it is likely to take a while before it shows up again, as the Arias' ratios will need to rebalance, I'm sure.

There! Now I'm locked, with one each of the Webbed, Unstable, and Mottled, and two of the Bright Markings, as well as a Copper I refuse to drop, lol. I'm really looking forward to seeing these guys grow!

Frilled Dragons are Dropping, apparently it say this in teh top of first post.

What are the pink and frill egg descriptions???

Arias have this: "This bright egg has a warm shell."

idk for Frills.

I'm locked now with at least one of all the new ones. No Arias or Frills, yet, but those are not my top priority. I am hoping that they will be common, as they were before.

I'm uncertain about the new lineage view. It will take some getting used to and it does change the look of some lineage patterns, but I think I like it.

And thank you so much for the drake egg size changes. It was really annoying when I would quickly grab something to vampire and it ended up being a drake...