TJ09

2016-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 10th Birthday!

Nice bunch of dragons, I think my favourite are the two headeds. It's a shame the male isn't breathing a tiny ball of frost though, like the female is with fire.

Got to say I'm a bit disappointed we didn't get the store, or any news of what happened to the raffle and if we'll ever get one again.

There will not be news on a raffle until TJ decides he wants to do one again. As of right now, it's an indefinite NO. That may change, but we won't know until that is actually decided.

Same with New Mods, there wasn't nearly enough time to go through all the applications before now, and they are never revealed just before a big event. Too stressful on everyone.

So happy with everything in this event. SO MUCH good stuff!!! and I am totally hoarding Arias now, because I didn't get to before. biggrin.gif.

I can remove this but I was already thinking of sweet drake babies ❤ It is rather blurry, Iamsosorry

user posted image

I have to say the morthodrakes and candelabras are my favs, will snag more when I get the chance ❤

That is a beautiful combination!

All this new dragons are so wonderful! wub.gif

Thanks again, TJ and spriters wub.gif

Happy Birthday, DC wub.gif

While waiting male Candelabra grows up, I decided to make a few previews.

I guess I got a little carried away...

So if someone is curious here is an album with female Candelabra x All Seasonals, Pillow, Falconiform Wyvern, Ember, Black Tea, Balloon, Seragamma Wyvern, Storm, Sunrise, Sunset, Nocturne, Terrae, Bright Pink, Turpentine, Water Walker, Golden Wyvern, Green, Antarean, Anagallis, Almandine, Spessartine, Canopy, Lunar Herald, Moonstone, Ridgewing, Sunstone, Sunsong, Undine, White, Sapphire, Bright-Breasted Wyvern, Brute, Cassare, Frostbite, Gold, Horse, Ice, Thunder, Magma, Yellow-Crowned, Black Capped Teimarr, Dark Green, Daydream, Gold-horned Tangar, Guardian, Skywing, Water, Water Horse, Frilled, Nebula, Shadow Walker, Grave, Blusang Lindwurm, all Xenowyrms, all Coppers, Enrage/Pacify Aegis, Mutamore, Gemshard,... blink.gif

user posted image

The Nexus, I'm afraid, just make me go "Excuse me, what ??". I know this is fantasy, but the concept of two halves of the same body sprouting two radically different kinds of mana, producing a creature that's going more and more mad as it grows, having two heads that would live out the elemental differences (probably among themselves first), and that whole thing still being able to survive and reproduce sounds more like a B-movie monstrosity to me. And the whole "really big, really mighty, really carnivorous, prefers to prey on our main characters (pardon: dragons)" doesn't exactly alleviate that impression at all. wink.gif This isn't, by chance, a Halloween concept that lost a narrow competition against the Desipis ? ("Mwahaha-raving-maaaaad" and "mwahaha-mindcontrolling-eeeeevil" would be a perfect pair, at least.)

The sprites are executed very well (especially the male - fantastic colouring !), but the concept - original as it may be - just doesn't work for me.

I'm sorry you think that vicious, aggressive dragons can only be made with Halloween in mind. You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling. *Inceptioning intensifies*

It's okay not to jive with a concept. That's why every dragon is - or at least should be - at least a little different than the next.

Love all the new releases, and the morpho is hoard worthy <3 glad to have a release I love. Last few have not been my cup of tea. But now I get new pretties to work with. Thanks for a lovely celebration with great dragons and updates.

Oooo I love the adults! The Two-Heads "heads" remind me of something I love, which is great! wub.gif

So if someone is curious here is an album with female Candelabra x All Seasonals, Pillow, Falconiform Wyvern, Ember, Black Tea, Balloon, Seragamma Wyvern, Storm, Sunrise, Sunset, Nocturne, Terrae, Bright Pink, Turpentine, Water Walker, Golden Wyvern, Green, Antarean, Anagallis, Almandine, Spessartine, Canopy, Lunar Herald, Moonstone, Ridgewing, Sunstone, Sunsong, Undine, White, Sapphire, Bright-Breasted Wyvern, Brute, Cassare, Frostbite, Gold, Horse, Ice, Thunder, Magma, Yellow-Crowned, Black Capped Teimarr, Dark Green, Daydream, Gold-horned Tangar, Guardian, Skywing, Water, Water Horse, Frilled, Nebula, Shadow Walker, Grave, Blusang Lindwurm, all Xenowyrms, all Coppers, Enrage/Pacify Aegis, Mutamore, Gemshard,... blink.gif

user posted image

Oh my goodness, thank you for sharing! I love the way they look with the Frills and the Terraes the best

They are all lovely additions to the cave. Thanks and congrats to the spriters.

My favourite (from these) is the candle^^

though I wish it was a bit more red, it's quite dark:P and the wings could be a bit bigger:P

but in general this one is the most appealing to me:)

And I love that face and pose of the Tarantula Hawk, tough the colors and the sting are not my type^^ I mean this body color to these honey wings:P I think I'd rather prefer a pitch black or sky darkblue body;)

Morpho has pretty blue color and wing pattern^^

and the Nexus has cool colors, but the lower jaw on the male is not what I like xd.png Especially the LIP! (too round and human to me, I refer how the female chin is sharp and angly and the lip less obvious:))

but all have great shadings:) What I always like those artists' sprites for the most^^ And neat body anatomy and level of detail:)

Edited by VixenDra

All this new dragons are so wonderful! wub.gif

Thanks again, TJ and spriters wub.gif

Happy Birthday, DC wub.gif

laugh.gif You did get a bit carried away, didn't you! But thanks for sharing. I think Pyro and rainbow Copper are my faves. They go well with a lot of things, though.

AAAA! So precious! The Candelabra reminds me of a dragon species my friend made that had glowing orbs on their fins that stored magic, and fell off when a spell was used.

These are all soooo cool.

I'm probably going to give my Nexus dragons names based off 'Gemini'

Oh my gosh! Those adults! wub.gif I'm speechless! How in the world do you expect me to choose a favorite? It's impossible I tell you!

I love the drakes! And that Two-headed, its so vicious and epic looking. I wish I could pair it with Decipis. That'd make an awesome checker! guys, we need a two-headed for Halloween to go with these lovely gems!

As for the Candelabras, the moon-shape (horns?) on its head remind me of the new legendary for the upcoming Pokémon Moon version.

user posted image

I wasn't a big fan of the Nexus dragons at first, but now I like them. I thought they would look great with celestials because there heads are shaped the same and the colors would be pretty. But then, I remembered that they're two headed

I really love the new dragons AND their names! They're pretty awesome! smile.gif

My favorite is the Nexus dragons, then the Morphodrakes at a close second!

Oh my gosh, I love all the adults! wub.gif I can't pick a favorite! What a wonderful job, spriters, and thank you artists and TJ for this whole event.

So many beautiful dragon babies for my scroll!! Can't wait till mine grow up and I can breed them. I think out of all the new draggies the blue drakes are my favorite! Love the fin ridge that goes down its tail.

Have any of the artists posted extra info? I always love reading that.

Edited by thephantomdragon

Oooh, Morpho X Night Glory looks pretty. Digging Antarean X Candle, and Ember, Grave, Autumn and Mageia with Candles too. Might end up as some fall themed projects later this year. tongue.gif

No...Why must my favorite of this release be named for one of my least favorite insects?

Ah well, I'll get over it. All of the new Dragons are wonderful!

Thank you to all the Spriters, TJ, and anyone else who had a hand in this wonderful release!

Now to try and get one more Nexus egg...

I'm hoping there will be 2-headed or drake or Pygmy Holidays this year.

I adore some of the newer ones, but i mostly only do holiday and Metal checkers.

I know thats probably just me tho.

Oh my gosh, the new drakes actually make it so much easier for pairing up for lineage projects.

I'm just starting to get into all that since I finally have a pretty wide variety of dragons ^.^~

Going to consider doing the following Drake Projects next:

-Howler x Tarantula Hawk

-Glaucus x Morpho

Somehow have to do all that while still working on my first project of Blusang Lindwurm x Golden Wyvern.

Also, its so hard to pick a favorite from this new bunch, but they are all amazing. So glad I finished getting at least one of each finally.

HOLY SMOKESTACKS! ALL of the adult sprites are magnificent! So excited to catch many of theses. Way to go, Spriters!!

Nexus are absolutely majestic beasts

Morpho completely took me though <3 their art, design and behavior. Faaavorite !! Darn shame they can't be bred with westerns <3 they x my fave drakes Howlers will be greaat though! If only Tarantula Hawks had wings of a darker color, they would be my faves as well and Tarantulas x Morpho wOULD CATER TO ALL MY TASTES 8) loove their toothy snouts

Greatly executed art for all of the new releases! Simply splendid! Thank you Infinis, Odeen and PieMaster !!

I've been away and my brain just entered MAXIMUM OVERDRIVE

i cant process all this its too much

BRIDGHS PINKS ANF RFIRLLS

THANK U HAPPY BIRTHDAY EVERYONE

They're all really, really nice and I don't have nearly enough of any of them on my scroll. smile.gif