TJ09

2016-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 10th Birthday!

Meh, the new lineage view doesn't bother me. The shapes are still there, and it prevents weird stretching due to names.

Feel like it must get frustrating for TJ to get so many complaints and "change it back!"s every time he changes something.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm still snickering over catching Syrup the Frill over here.

Yeah, I understand sometimes things need a little tweaking still but I really wish people would give new things a chance before trying to change everything back. sad.gif It hasn't even been a week.

ETA: Will TJ's hatchlings grow up at 4 days left? Cause that's only 12 more hours to go! laugh.gif

Edited by Cinspawn

Is everyone else having as much trouble catching even just one of the crystalline eggs as I am? o.o

That said, still absolutely in love with this whole event. laugh.gif

Is everyone else having as much trouble catching even just one of the crystalline eggs as I am? o.o

Yeah everyone's mobbing the new two-heads. I've had the best luck in the Volcano right on 5-min swifts.

I just finally caught my second like 10 minutes ago.

Probably when I wake up tomorrow the adults will be there (or at least almost there)tongue.gif

I'm so excited to see them^^ like always

And I'm still suspecting Arias might have dimorphism and we'll only find out in a few days xd.png that would be a nice surprise! Nearly noone expects that xd.png

I'm just wondering why the Wiki has Arias males as a rumour only.. they can be influenced after all... ?

I finally caught one earlier today in the Alpine and I lucked out. The drop before that barely lasted 3 seconds. (yes, I was counting)

I was missing the old frill hatchling sprite, but then I saw the S1, and now I'm happy again. Yay!

JUST FINALLY GOT ONE! =D Oh my gosh they're so pretty.

I'm just wondering why the Wiki has Arias males as a rumour only.. they can be influenced after all... ?

Probably because no one actually has one, yet? Or the influence is a fake and will fail. tongue.gif

Edited by purplehaze

And I'm still suspecting Arias might have dimorphism and we'll only find out in a few days xd.png that would be a nice surprise! Nearly noone expects that xd.png

I'm of two minds about Arias having dimorphism. For one, I am reallyhoping to breed them to female Frills for a 'nostalgic' sort of lineage, and if there is dimorphism chances are only the female Aria will have the similar pose to the old BPink--well, obviously this is the case, since everyone can already see the female Aria. I would be sad if I couldn't breed those specific sprites together...but I do so love dimorphism.

Also the wiki labels things as 'rumor' even if they're nearly certainly 100% true, just to be safe. I have no idea what influence is doing if it's not turning them male, and anyway DC long ago got rid of all non-holiday gender-only dragons, but until one genders male on a scroll ot will remain a rumor only.

Unfortunately this is permanent. Though I agree it'd be nice if we could choose which of the lineage views we prefer to display on our scrolls. It would make it so the people with long names in their lineages can display the new one, or those who didn't mind and prefer the old version to use that instead. This new update is pretty much discouraging me from making any new lineages or collecting any other pretty lineages ever again as this new one just displays in a way that is unappealing to look at to me.

Agreed. Options for both would be nice.

i am lost, there are 4 new release plus old pink and Frill?

Yep! And some people say they feel let down by this event.

I have had one Bright pink dragon and one frilled dragon on my scroll forever, it will be so gratifying to fill it with more, and dimorphic frills! you have no idea how happy I am to have been a member all these years. HAPPY BIRTHDAY DRAGON CAVE!

Almost 6 years of playing DC and I was sure that I'd never own a Frill or Bright Pink. What a pleasant surprise this release was! Happy 10th anniversary, I'm so happy to finally own some of the dragons I had only dreamed of catching! biggrin.gif

Played on here for 5 or six years and after a long hiatus of only checking in, I'm happy to say that I came back now. Cool updates, and I love the new dragons. smile.gif

Just got two more crystaline eggs!!

Okay it's official, Frills are now my Favorites along with, and maybe almost beating (GASP) Golden Wyverns. Never thought I'd say it, and those who know me best probably don't believe it either xd.png

Same reason it is only a "rumor" that 2 of the new releases are drakes despite the obvious smaller egg size.

I have 2 of everything except the crystalline egg, only managed to get one of those....hm anyone think a swap of an aria egg would be fair for a crystalline? Since they seem to be harder to find.

Just nabbed one more of each (except the regular dragon, didn't grab more of that one), and two more Crystalline eggs ^-^

Now let's hope I don't influence some wrong xd.png

Oh my goodness, I ca't believe I missed this! blink.gif *hits head against wall* ^^; Frills and "Old Pinks" are back?!?!?!? O.O New art as well?? =D This is just too awesome! biggrin.gifHappy belated birthday Dragon Cave! biggrin.gif *goes to catch some eggs* happy.gif

*Edit* Holy biscuits, whomever did the art for the biomes, you're awesome! biggrin.gif The art looks amazing! biggrin.gif It's awesome seeing an actual desert or jungle trees or lava - just, mind blowing! happy.gif Thank you TJ and spriter(s) and artist(s)! happy.gif

*Edit #2* AHHH, caught 2 "old" Pinks! =D Now to get rid of a misclick later and try to find a Frill (which will prove difficult I'm sure xd.png) happy.gif

Edited by FluffyPillow

*Edit #2* AHHH, caught 2 "old" Pinks! =D Now to get rid of a misclick later and try to find a Frill (which will prove difficult I'm sure xd.png) happy.gif

Actually, I'm finding the Frills really easy to get! With 20 people sitting in the Jungle, the same Frills just sat there until the next 5 min shuffle. Hopefully it won't be a problem for you smile.gif

Finally I got two of each, now I can't wait to see the adults! biggrin.gif

Just named a hatched Bright Pink "Unretired" xd.png

And wow to the biome artwork. It is stunning.