TJ09

2016-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 10th Birthday!

Rather silly question that may or may not have already been answered:

Are these eggs going to be available indefinitely? Or are they going off-line again soon?

Just worried because I'm egg-locked with only one of the new releases and I don't want to miss out!

Are these eggs going to be available indefinitely? Or are they going off-line again soon?

Just worried because I'm egg-locked with only one of the new releases and I don't want to miss out!

I'm think it's permanent. smile.gif

But I'm not entirely positive

Edited by WaterDroplet

Got to admit - this was a nice surprise.

I've caught a pair of all but one of the new eggs - leaving alone the Frills and Aria eggs for now (I've got two Frills on my scroll, and a single Aria so I'm content to let that be)

I'm also happy-sad that the Frill egg kept its original description...but the fact it drops in the Jungle with the Horse dragon is really going to mess with me when I need CB Horses (ah well, least a 50/50 shot is better than the original old one-cave when it was a 25% chance of getting the egg you wanted)

Thank you TJ, Spriters, and anyone else involved. Here's to another 10 years!

Unfortunately yes. And they live in the Jungle! I hope it gets changed

If people can take the time to figure out the difference between a flamingo and a pink or any of the other dragons that share egg descriptions, they can take the time to figure out the difference between a horse and a frill. laugh.gif This was a point of contention waaaaay back in the day when frills first came out. I hope they stay.

Edited by Jazeki

FRILLS!!! Finally after all these years, my David Bowie Frill family will be able to be completed <333

T.J. would have said if they were not. Also, he confirmed in the unofficial Facebook group, which he recently joined, that it is permanent c:

Neglecteds already got an update several years ago. The original sprites didn't look much better than the old zombies did, but I love the 'new' ones and hope they don't change again!

user posted image

user posted image

Edit: oh, wait, d'you mean body type variations? God I hope not, the three different sprites we have for the current NDs were torture enough as is X___x

I'm with you, ADP. I'm loving the new zombies, but I already adore my neglected. Have always thought they had some of the best art on the site. Would hate to see them change.

^ I don't know the context of the above frill picture, but I don't care.

FRILLLLLL

Hmm, it appears the orange and blue conspiracy has returned. Whatchu tryin' ta tell us, bossman?

Seeing so many people talking about their Frills, I'm curious: Has anyone tried to breed a BP/Aria or a Frill to a GoN?

one no egg and one frill --- now in the AP biggrin.gif

I hope the Pinks and Frills are limited release or very rare. It would be a bit anti-climactic to have dragons that have been legendary for their unavailability suddenly become common.

If people can take the time to figure out the difference between a flamingo and a pink or any of the other dragons that share egg descriptions, they can take the time to figure out the difference between a horse and a frill. laugh.gif This was a point of contention waaaaay back in the day when frills first came out. I hope they stay.

Yes, I hope they stay. It enhances gameplay to have eggs in the biomes with the same descriptions.

Wait isn't that the same for the horse dragons?

Look at it this way: that's also the description of the Ochredrakes and the Skywings. At least we're only trying to get one of two rather than one of four! And hey, if the worst that happens is people are inconvenienced for a bit and more Horses get dumped in the AP...well, that's basically what I'm already doing with Ridgwings and Flamingos/Pinks, since I am too impatient to check, haha. Besides, some low-time Horses floating around the AP wouldn't be at all a bad thing.

Edited by silver_chan

I hope the Pinks and Frills are limited release or very rare. It would be a bit anti-climactic to have dragons that have been legendary for their unavailability suddenly become common.

The original ones were cave blockers, I would not expect that to change substantially.

Anyone else crossing their fingers that old pinks can still breed new pinks, once the ratios settle down? It could be a rare 'throwback' like when two Xenos breed a different type of Xeno or when UVs breed Spitfires.

Wait isn't that the same for the horse dragons?

There was once a time where everyone was really frustrated with frills because they all wanted dragonhorses instead, because they were new and the other eggs with the same description were Dovealove dragons that everyone liked.

user posted image

Edited by Lythiaren