Toyo

Miss Elizabeth Bennet's 2g Prize Contest

Here is my submission!

Author: catstaff

Fandom(s): Sense and Sensibility

My story:

Elinor watched from her customary place with her yearmates in Hufflepuff as the new first year students were led into the Great Hall. She spotted Marianne almost immediately; her sister was excitedly whispering to a couple of other girls whom she had obviously befriended on the train. She frowned slightly when she noticed all three girls peering over at a coterie of older Slytherin boys, fluttering their lashes flirtatiously, at least until the Sorting Hat started its annual song.

"Dashwood, Marianne!" the deputy head called.

Marianne hurried forward to take her place under the Hat. I want to be in Slytherin, please, she thought hard at it.

Sounding amused, the Hat responded, Oh? And why do you think you are suited to Slytherin?

Oh... I don't know, she admitted. But that handsome John Willoughby is in Slytherin, and he made friends with me and Beth Williams on the train. We want to be in the same house as he is.

I can see that, the Hat said, sounding serious. However, that sort of decision-making is much better suited to...

"GRYFFINDOR!"

Marianne slipped the Hat off her head and made her way over to the Gryffindor table, trying not to look too unhappy about it as the sorting continued.

After the feast, Elinor hurried over to speak to her sister before the prefects led the firsties to their dorms. "Is everything all right, Marianne?" she asked solicitously.

The younger Dashwood pouted. "I didn't get the House I wanted, that's all," she said.

"Oh, I do understand. But Gryffindor is a splendid house, you know. Mama's cousin Sir John Middleton was in it, and so was his friend from the military, Colonel Brandon. Why, I would think that Sir John might even give a party in your honour over the Christmas holidays, for being sorted into his old House," Elinor said in an effort to cheer her sister.

"I guess," Marianne said. "But I did so want to be in the same house as John Willoughby. He gave Beth and I sweets on the train and I really wanted to get to know him better."

Elinor hid a smile. Marianne was such a romantic at heart. "Never fear, little sister, I'm sure you'll get your chance to know anyone you wish before our Hogwarts days are over." The sisters hugged briefly and parted, Marianne following the Gryffindor prefects up to the tower as Elinore made her way down to the cozy Hufflepuff dorms.

Edited by catstaff

Here is my submission!

Author: CharonDusk

Fandom(s): Pride and Prejudice

My story:

"Bennet, Elizabeth!"

With a final longing glance at Wickham and her sisters, Elizabeth cut her way through the throngs and ascended to the small stool set just before the teacher's table. Had she not known better, she would almost certainly think the tattered hat was smiling at her, before it was lifted up and placed on her head.

My my, came a whispering voice into her ear, you're a curious one. As brave as a Griffindor, as intelligent as a Ravenclaw, as kind as a Hufflepuff.....where to put you?

Elizabeth sighed, "So long as it is not the same as that odious man, I shall be very happy,"

Well, in that case....

"GRIFFINDOR!"

Elizabeth was shocked.

Here is my submission!

Author: CharonDusk

Fandom(s): Pride and Prejudice

My story:

"Wickham, George!"

He carefully made his way to the stool, smiling warmly at the seated Bennet sisters whilst trying to avoid the cold gaze of the man seated near to them. As the hat enclosed his world and hid him away, Wickham smirked, already envisioning Darcy's thunderous face and Elizabeth's adoring look when he took a seat right next to the Bennet sisters.

But then the hat spoke.

Now then, whispered a cold voice, you may have fooled them, but you can't fool me. I know exactly where to put an odious man like YOU.

"SLYTHERIN!"

2nd Creative Writing Contest now CLOSED!

Check back at this thread for updates, winner/runner up list, and (someday) future contests!

UPDATE

Thanks for all the great fiction! I really enjoyed reading every single one of these smile.gif

Winner will be sent a PM with the grand prize, runner ups will receive some kind of egg at some point in time (along the lines of 3g prize, 2g prize kin, etc.) I'm not sure when, it will depend on what I have available.

Winner: milkaq66 for sorting the Mad Hatter!

I really loved the sheer insanity of the doubled-up hats! Plus the deafening silence from Slytherin ... I wonder how the next seven years will go (and how many fabulous hats will be made- Neville's Grandmother? McGonagall? Oh gosh, Dumbledore would totally wear all of them, no matter how crazy.)

Runner up #1: SockPuppet Strangler for sorting TJ!

You sorted our lord and master TJ ... how could this not make the list?

Runner up #2: Dusky Flareon for sorting Pokemon!

I saw a later post of yours, you didn't seem to have much confidence in your story sad.gif Well, I liked it! I also liked the implications of Pokemon being sorted at Hogwarts. Adult Hermione Granger must have made great strides in magical creature/being rights from within the Ministry of Magic.

Also, young human children and young Pokemon standing nervously in a line together ... too cute!

Thanks again for all the fun times!

Toyo

Edited by toyofubl

Congrats, milkaq66 (and Dusky)! Thanks so much for hosting, toyofubl. It certainly was fun.

The stories this round were so fantastic (mpolo, I can't believe you tackled heroic hexameter, lol!). Great job, everyone. =)

Congratulations to the winner and runner ups! I really enjoyed reading about all the different sortings biggrin.gif

Can't believe I won this as runner-up!

Congrats milkaq66 and SockPuppet_Strangler!

I think everyone did a good job this round, and I can't wait for the next.

Edited by Dusky_Flareon

I'm proud that you liked my little story!

Thank you so much, i didn't expect to win after i've read all those fabulous stories! I have to state, that i would have choosen another story as the winner! laugh.gif

The Mad Hatter story came to me, while i was trying to get some sleep, the words just apeared in my mind and i couldn't forget them untill i wrote them down.

I think i'm a bit in shock right now...so excuse me, if i can't find the right words....I'm so, so happy!

A great thread and a very generous prize! Thank you so much for setting up this game! biggrin.gif

Congrats milkaq66! That mad-hatter tongue twister was brill!

Congrats to Sock and Dusky too!

Fab entries all around!

Thanks toyofubl for hosting such a fun challenge!

Congratz to the winners! This was fun! smile.gif

Bumping for update-

The prompt and rules for Contest #3 are up, just need an egg (and a week where I won't be away from the ol' computer) to get it going. If anyone wants to contribute entries early, I'll count anything that is submitted from this post until whatever the end date will be.

Here is my submission!

Author: gigglymonkey12

Fandom(s): Harry Potter and Lord of the Ring

Character 1: Thranduil

Character 2: Hermione

Title: (none)

My story:

One bright Sunday morning, sometime in July, the streets seemed as though they breathed magic and if you stopped for a moment and closed your eyes, you could feel the magic enveloping you in a hug. The air was scented with freshly baked bread, brewed coffee and maybe a hint of warm cinnamon. You could hear children’s laughter as they scampered from the joke shop to the Quidditch store.

However, as you approached the outdoor café that was located in the intersection of Diagon Alley and Knockturn Alley, the warm feeling evaporated. You could feel the air crackling with power; it didn’t hug you, but instead it caressed through you – daring you to come closer. It was dark and foreboding. There a lone man with an untouched cup of coffee sat. He was silent and motionless. His long platinum blonde hair glowed while his cold, blue grey eyes pierced through the crowds.

“Finally,” the man sighed as he stared behind you.

Quickly, you turned around to see the crowds moving out of the way for the woman. She needed no introduction; she was a war heroine, a part of the Golden Trio, the Princess of Gryffindor, and the Know-it-all.

Approaching the man. She said one name that would throw the wizarding world in an uproar, “Thranduil.”

It does have a short appearance from another character to set the stage, I hope that's okay. smile.gif

Here is my submission!

Author: polaristar

Fandom(s): Harry Potter and Marvel

Character 1: Voldemort; villian with white skin and red eyes

Character 2: Natasha Romanoff; red-headed assasin that works for SHIELD

Title: Blind Date

My story:

"C'mon, Nat, it'll be great!" The world-famous archer, Clint Barton, pleaded. "Besides, maybe he'll help you get over -" He quieted quickly at her venom-filled glare. "Nevermind."

"Have you even met this guy, Clint?" Natasha Romanoff asked, raising an eyebrow.

"No, but his name is Tom!" The archer said defensively. "How bad can a guy named Tom really be?"

Several hours and much begging later, Natasha Romanoff was walking reluctantly into the arranged restaurant. She was seated, and as she had arrived early waited with practiced patience for the mysterious Tom to appear. The man that arrived, however, was not exactly what she was expecting.

"Good evening." Tom said in a surprisingly high and clear voice. His skin was chalk white and his eyes were slitted and red. "My name is Tom Riddle, but you may call me the Dark Lord Voldemort. You must be Natasha Romanoff."

Needless to say, Natasha was never letting Clint set her up on a date again.

what have i done

(either set in a world where Arthur+Phoebe are either divorced or widowed, oh dear oh dear)

Here is my submission!

Author: maaters

Fandom(s): Harry Potter; Charmed

Character 1: Arthur Weasley: ginger wizard, well-meaning, fascinated by muggles, illegal enchanter of cars

Character 2: Phoebe Halliwell: short witch, martial artist, mother of three, power of premonition and levitation

Title: The Function of a Rubber Duck

My story:

The picnic was awkwardly silent until Arthur's phone buzzed.

"Sorry," Arthur apologized, squinting at his phone as he tapped away. It dinged loudly. "Oh not again, how do I turn this off?"

"I don't know what you mean by 'Nottingham howled I turnips hot,'" responded the phone coolly.

"SORRY," Arthur shouted, "YOU CAN HANG UP THE TELLYPHONE SIR. I'M SO SORRY." To Phoebe, he said: "I don't want to waste the poor man's time!"

"It's okay," Phoebe grinned, "I'll show you how it works."

As she rummaged for her phone, Phoebe's purse spilled across the grass. Her face grew hot as she attempted to hide away the motherly things that invaded every corner of her life. Pacifiers, small toys, a rubber duck. Quizzically, Arthur reached across the gingham blanket and picked up the little yellow bird.

Phoebe explained how it worked, that the bottom of the duck would read 'HOT' if the bath was too hot for the baby. He tested this by dunking it into his thermos of tea and laughed, delighted, when it was true.

"Marvelous!" he said. "And no magic?"

Phoebe found herself levitating, just slightly, from happiness. Perhaps another date was in order after all.

I never win, but it never hurts to try. Here's Lucifer going on a date with Pinkie Pie from My Little Pony. laugh.gif

Here is my submission!

Author: Yunako

Fandom(s): Supernatural, The Bible, My Little Pony

Character 1: Lucifer (Supernatural, the Bible)

Character 2: Pinkie Pie (My Little Pony)

Title: The Fallen Angel And The Party Pony

My story:

Billions of years old, and Lucifer was going on his first date. Hard to believe, that. And his first date was with a strange talking equine that one of his Knights of Hell had set up for him.

The fallen angel felt a tingle of nerves as he saw his date approaching. Or rather, bouncing.

He almost screamed in terror when he saw her up close. She was an absolutely garish shade of brilliant pink and had hair (a mane? Tail?) that was even MORE pink. Pink was even more evil than Lucifer!

Bounding up to the table with a huge smile on her face, the shockingly pink pony sat down.

“Hi, Mister Luceefur! My friend Rarity said you were soooo handsome! Why don't you have fur? Where's your Cutie Mark? What are those weird things where your hooves should be? What is-” The pink pony babbled on and on.

Lucifer banged his head against the table several times. Lucifer should have known not to trust a minion of Hell. They LIED! He was NEVER letting a demon set him up on a date again. In fact, he was never going to date ANYONE again. Or anypony, for that matter.

In which Sock has fun with DC again...

Here is my submission!

Author: SockPuppet Strangler

Fandom(s): DragCave, The Hobbit

Character 1: Songsmith, a typical shy, scavenger mint dragon whose (previously monogamous) life-mate is a Red Dragon called Fire Maw (DC)

Character 2: Smaug, an egotistical fire drake with a bit of a hoarding problem (Hobbit)

Title: Heart of Fire

My story: Songsmith really wasn't sure about this. When they were young, Song and her mate, Fire Maw, had committed to each other and no others. As they aged, they decided to take the same route as many other dragons and pursue polyamory. They both still dearly loved each other and stayed committed, but they were free to experiment and have fun with others as well. Song enjoyed the occasional outing with other dragons, but unlike Fire, she refused to have children with any other. So, in typical Fire fashion, her life-mate had taken it upon himself to set her up.

'You'll love him, Song! He's a lot like me.'

'I don't need someone like you, Fire, when I already have you. Besides, how is he like you?'

'Y'know,' her boisterous life-mate had proclaimed, 'he shoots fire and stuff!'

Songsmith shook off the memories and took a deep breath to steady herself. How badly could this go, really? With that thought to resolve her, she entered the cavern she had agreed to meet Smaug.

Smaug was big and certainly handsome - that much reminded Song of her Fire. But he was also nestled atop an enormous pile of gold with an expression on his face that looked more dangerous than seductive. "Ah, little dragon. Little, little dragon. I did not think you would dare show," Smaug growled, voice low and gravelly (which, admittedly, she did like).

'I'm never letting Fire set me up again!' were Song's last panicked thoughts as a yellow-orange glow lit up Smaug's chest as he took a deep breath in.

(I'm sorry if this is a little dark...)

Here is my submission!

Author: Dusky_Flareon

Fandoms: Pokémon

Character 1: Blacky - Shiny male Umbreon with a temper

Character 2: Noir - a bored goddess Zekrom who has eternity to play chess with mortal lives

Title: The Goddess's Toys

My story:

Blacky glared at the Zekrom.

"What? I do believe it is our date tonight." Noir let a lazy grin stretch across her face. He was beginning to suspect... but he was almost as clueless as the rest.

The duo walked into a restaurant where a Leafeon whose leaves were a sickly, decaying green colour was serving two strangely bony Delphox and their little Fennekin son. He pulled something off the plate, and the family immediately sunk their teeth into it.

Perfect. Noir grinned.

Then the Leafeon came over. His voice rattled. "What may I get you?"

Blacky began to ask for something, only to notice the fox family's hungry gazes and stained mouths. He stood up and glared at Leafeon... who suddenly tensed, magic flaking off to reveal an undead monster. "NOIR! What ARE you doing?!"

Noir smiled darkly. "My puppet... you were on my strings. You are a toy, a toy who will amuse me! Kill the undead creatures here."

Blacky's face contorted into hatred. "You monster!" With that, he sprung towards Noir.

But the goddess had sealed his fate, and she hurled him back towards her other toys...

Edited by Dusky_Flareon

I'm not sure if this contest is still open or if this counts, but I'm a sucker for creative writing.

Here is my submission!

Author: The Dragoness

Fandom(s): Dragon Cave

Character 1: Fleur, a hopeless romantic of a Rosebud

Character 2: Reve, a Daydream with a heart larger than life

Title: Of Raindrops and Rose Petals

My story:

Fleur had been dreading this day for weeks. As a Rosebud, most would rightfully assumed that she adored the love and happiness in the air. However, that didn't put an end to the loneliness she felt.

An attempt to cheer herself up, she took a trip to her favorite meadow, only to find that every rose and daisy had been picked, leaving miles upon miles of ugly soil and weeds. Then, further dampening her mood, raindrops began to fall, weighing her feathers down until she couldn't fly.

"Why must Valentine's Day cause such havoc?" Fleur cried as mud squelched between previously clean claws. Huffing, she sank down onto the path, her wings heavy against her back.

"I too wish for someone to gather roses and fly with me," she whispered.

"I'll fly with you," a voice chirped.

The pink dragon rose, her head swiveling as she searched for the owner of the strange voice. "Who's there?!"

"Don't be afraid," the voice chuckled.

Fleur turned her face up to the sky, squinting against the rain. A Daydream hovered above her, a silly grin on his face. "Y-you'll fly with a sad, muddy Rosebud like me?" she squeaked.

"A lovely dragon like yourself shouldn't spend today alone," he said as he landed beside her. "The name's Reve."

Her heart nearly burst from her chest then and there. "Fleur. I would love to, but.." She glanced over her shoulder at her sopping wings.

"No worries. Come, it will be dark soon." Reve ran ahead, laughing.

Fleur smiled to herself before chasing after him.

Perhaps she could enjoy Valentine's Day after all.

Edited by The Dragoness

I'm not sure if this contest is still open or if this counts, but I'm a sucker for creative writing.

This contest is still open! What I'm missing is a prize egg - when I have one of those up for grabs, I'll post an end date and advertise the contest more aggressively.

The rules/guidelines are up, so feel free to submit at your leisure smile.gif

I'm so glad this is still open. There has been a lot going on event wise since the new release thru this holiday weekend, but that stuff will be winding down in the next few days. So I want to remind people this is still open for your creative fun AND I plan on reminding people of this some time this week, but also feel free to swing by the Player Event Thread for anyone who wants to put in a reminder since it is a new month they still have a chance to be creative and win awesome prizes! It's not over yet, and you can still re-enter as well. Can't hurt, and what a fun way for a chance to win by using some of your fandoms/fanfics and creative works!

Here goes...

Here is my submission!

(and I'm sure it goes way over the size limit, so even if I'm disqualified I'm still happy to share it)

Author: sylviamaris

Fandom(s): Star Wars, Steven Universe

Character 1: Luke Skywalker, kind and wise Jedi Master

Character 2: Peridot, a space alien with magical gemstone powers, still learning about friendship and trust.

Title: Flexibility, Love, and Trust; or, Blind Dates Are No Day At The Beach

My story:

Luke strolled along the boardwalk, appreciating the fragrant sea air. The beach was a lot less crowded than he'd expected for a holiday town at the height of summer, but that suited him fine. He bought some fries and walked idly on, listening to the calls of a carnival barker, the vibrant medley of beeps and bells leaking from a video arcade, the shrieks and whoops coming from thrill rides. It all washed together into a kind of music.

He did notice as he passed a little green girl wearing a bow tie. He was supposed to be looking for a woman in a red bow tie, an older woman - wait, a *green* girl? She watched him watching her, assessing him coldly for a bare few seconds, then approached. "Good afternoon, human gentleman," she declared in an artificially cheery tone. Luke could see the wariness in her eyes, behind green-tinted glasses. "I wonder if you've seen a bold young human warrior, a masterful wielder of unknown powers. His name is Sky Walking, though based on what I know of Beach City names it seems like some sort of alias." She waited imperiously for a response.

Luke smiled, his eyes twinkling over a tidy grey beard, recently trimmed and shaped. "I suppose you might be Peridot, then?" The girl's eyes widened. "I thought Terra's population was almost exclusively human."

Skepticism fought disdain across her face. "Sky Walking? You look a lot less... muscular than I imagined."

"It's Skywalker, actually, but Luke is just fine with me." He sighed. "I guess Steven wasn't very specific with either of us when he set this date up."

Peridot began to relax a little. "He does get a little. Very. Enthusiastic about his friends. And making his friends make friends." She stopped. "Wait, what's a date?"

Finally bred a prize egg! IT'S ON!

As stated before, all submissions between the end of July and the end of the contest will be considered for the prize smile.gif

Finally bred a prize egg! IT'S ON!

As stated before, all submissions between the end of July and the end of the contest will be considered for the prize smile.gif

I submitted mine on August 4th. Do I need to re-submit a new story? You said end of July in your above post, but the main post says August 30th. Also, my story contains the character Lucifer from the Bible (dating a My Little Pony character). Is that considered something offensive that I should remove or write something else?