Toyo

Miss Elizabeth Bennet's 2g Prize Contest

Could I possibly post another chapter of my Supernatural/Harry Potter cross-over? Perhaps the part where Sam is sorted? Or should I write a different story (crossover of course)? It might seem obscure to non-anime fans, but I have an interesting story about Haruhi Suzumiya going to Hogwarts and causing chaos (since she's a god). laugh.gif

Here is my submission!

Author: nepenthe.catharsis

Fandom(s): Star Wars

My story:

An 11 year old Han Solo strides in to the Great Hall along with a group of other, more nervous-looking first-years. Taking a good look around he notices a very pretty brunette girl with buns sitting at the Gryffindor table. Catching her eye, he gives her a crooked smile. To which she tosses her head haughtily and looks away.

Gripping the shoulder of the red-haired boy in front of him he says, "Hey kid, how do I get on that table?" At the same time gesturing with the top of his head to where the Griffindor girls are now giggling among themselves.

"Well, th- th- the sorting hat has to put you in Gryffindor," the boy stammers, "but the odds aren't very..."

"Never tell me the odds!" interjects Han as he walks to the front of the sorting queue.

Soon enough Professor McGonagall shouts out "Solo, Han!" and he sitting on the stool. He feels the hat placed on his head and instantly he can hear the voice of the sorting hat in his mind.

"A troublemaker, a scoundrel, always in it for the money! I think Slytherin would be a perfect match," whispers the hat.

"Gryffindor, Gryffindor," Han chants in his mind.

"I also see bravery and determination here. Well if you're sure, better be... GRYFFINDOR!"

Here is my submission!

Author: Skyfire

Fandom(s): Owari no Seraph

My story:

Yu looked at the tattered old hat that lay rather innocent on its stool.

Come on, Yu, you're being stupid. It's just a hat. It can't hurt you.

He picked up the hat and jammed it onto his head. Immediately, the hat began to talk to him.

You are certainly one of the most interesting people that I've had to sort in a long time, it said. Don't you like your parents?

Yu stiffened. I don't want to think of them, or to talk about them, he told the Sorting Hat icily.

The hat seemed to chuckle lightly at him. All right. You seem brave...

"GRIFFYNDOR!"

Yu walked stiffly to the Griffyndor table where Mika was waiting for him.

"Yu! You're a Griffyndor, too!" Mika said ecstatically, hugging him.

Thinking about what the hat had said to him, he froze.

"Yu? Yu?!" Mika called, his voice seeming to swim in front of Yu. "Are you okay?"

"Fine..." He sat down at the table, not looking or even seeming to notice the other newly christened Griffyndors who clamored around noisily or even the older Griffyndors who greeted every one with a cheer and a smile.

"Mika?"

"Yeah, Yu?"

"Did the Hat... say anything to you?" Yu asked quietly.

"Nope! The second I put it on my head, it just called out 'Griffyndor!' Why?" Mika turned to study Yu's face.

"Oh, no reason..." Yu turned away, hiding his face from his best friend. Why had the Sorting Hat talked to him and not Mika? Was he more different-- or maybe more alone-- than he had thought?

Could I possibly post another chapter of my Supernatural/Harry Potter cross-over? Perhaps the part where Sam is sorted? Or should I write a different story (crossover of course)? It might seem obscure to non-anime fans, but I have an interesting story about Haruhi Suzumiya going to Hogwarts and causing chaos (since she's a god). laugh.gif

Post the sorting part, if it's not too long. Also, if multiple characters are sorted, you can break it up into multiple submissions.

Edited by toyofubl

Here is my submission!

Author: Dusky_Flareon

Fandom(s): Pokémon

My story:

They were all nervous. A Braixen in the line ahead of Blacky the Umbreon trembled a bit. A small boy was looking around in awe. A crack of thunder sounded, and Professor McGonagall stepped in.

"Students, follow me."

They all proceeded after her, watching their surroundings. This year, the galaxy was visble splashed atop the Great Hall's sky-mimicking ceiling. Beneath it floated white candles, each flame burning white like a star.

Students oohed and aaahed at the arrangement. At first, many thought it was a professor levitating the candles until someone spotted the Shiny Umbreon sitting very still atop Albus Dumbledore's chair with its bands glowing brilliantly. A girl pointed out the faint blue lumiscence around the candles. People and Pokémon alike gaped at the sight.

McGonagall began to call names. "Aeon, Altezza!"

The Braixen put the Sorting Hat on her head.

"HUFFLEPUFF!"

Someone cried out, noticing one candle being extinguished by the blue telekinesis, before the candle relit yellow.

The next few were sorted into Slytherin and Ravenclaw, causing some candles to go green and others to burn blue.

"Eon, Dusky... SLYTHERIN! ...Everett, Jason...HUFFLEPUFF! ...Gershin, Grayton....RAVENCLAW!"

Some students were being sorted into Gryffindor and Hufflepuff, causing those candles to become red or to relight yellow like Altezza's. Pokémon and humans alike fanned out to the four tables as candles changed colour for each student Sorted.

"Kin, Neko...GRYFFINDOR! ... Lovegood, Chara...HUFFLEPUFF! ...MacDougall, Dougal...HUFFLEPUFF! ..."

The sorting continued this way, more and more names of humans and Pokémon being called as candles changed colour. Blacky gulped in nervousness.

Finally, the last name was called "Zkreon, Blacky!"

He put the Sorting Hat on his head.

A voice began to whisper to him.

"Hmm... Valiant..resourceful...thirst for knowledge...cunning streak.. but ultimately, it is all in the pursuit of knowledge... RAVENCLAW!"

The last candle was extinguished. It surged back to life, now a brilliant blue. And with that, the candles were a constellation of flaming stars, shining bright against the Great Hall's night sky.

Blacky began to walk towards his table as the lukewarm clapping died out.

Edited by Dusky_Flareon

Does this count? XD

Here is my submission!

Author: SockPuppet Strangler

Fandom(s): DragCave

My story:

It seemed silly to him that he should need training in magicks when he was already - basically - a godly figure amongst the land from whence he came. He was trainer and master of several dozen real life dragons and acted as political royalty among the people of the land, making laws and handing out justice. He'd raised the dead and created new dragon species. But here he was, surprisingly nervous about a simple ritual meant mostly for fun so that he could pursue more magical training.

"TJ," the professor called out evenly, gesturing towards the chair he was to sit upon.

Time to face the music. He sat matter-of-factly on the chair and barely had a chance to pretend that the sea of faces watching him were his friends from Valkemare before the hat called out "RAVENCLAW!".

Well, he supposed, blue and bronze were close enough to his colors. He could accept this decision.

~

I'd wanted to do a DC story for you last time, but I got too busy to meet the deadline. Here's my real favorite character below.

Here is my submission!

Author: SockPuppet Strangler

Fandom(s): Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

My story:

Leo gripped the edge of the stool he felt too big to sit upon. Everything about this felt wrong. He was exposed out here in front of people. Don had already been sorted but Mikey and Raph were after him. They were going to be split up. And the darn hat was taking forever to make its choice. Leo could feel himself going red(ish) with everyone in the Hall staring at him.

"Hm, both daring and loyal. One of the strongest senses of justice I've ever seen, yet it all comes back to family. In Gryffindor, you would figure out your full potential to pursue what you want, but in Hufflepuff, you would make true friends."

'I want to be with my brothers,' Leo firmly demanded, already knowing it was a lost cause. Don had been rapidly sorted into Ravenclaw, a house that neither Raph nor Mikey were likely to end up in.

"Well, if that's the case..." Leo didn't have time to make a follow-up argument as the hat finished its sentence aloud. "HUFFLEPUFF!"

It was only the fact that the sea of faces were still watching him and sheer force of stubborn will, knowing that at least his brothers were all in the same school, that Leo forced himself to walk to the cheering table with the badger banner swinging above it and not the table that a far-too-happy looking Don sat at. Even though neither of his remaining brothers joined him in Hufflepuff, he did allow himself a moment to laugh at the fact that both Raph and Mikey ended up in "GRYFFINDOR!" He almost - almost - felt sorry for the rest of the lion-hearted house, having to live with those two sharing the same dorm. Perhaps it wouldn't actually be so bad to have just a little bit of space from his brothers.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

"TJ," the professor called out evenly, gesturing towards the chair he was to sit upon.

OMG

Edit: omg I had to omg again

Edited by toyofubl

OMG

Edit: omg I had to omg again 

Couldn't help myself. Hope TJ doesn't mind. xd.png

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

I already want to give everyone the grand prize. By Sunday, I will probably have died from happiness.

You guys have already set the bar so high!

Here is my submission!

Author: (ainisarie)

Fandom(s): (Gone with the wind) (thought I would try a book)

My story: (Your story goes here!)

Miss Scarlett O'Hara, please take the seat

Well, I suppose I must put on this ugly hat, but I declare, everyone knows I belong in Ravenclaw. I cannot be caged: I must be free to fly as I wish. And anyone can see...

Gryffindor!

Well, tomorrow is another day.....

I may have gotten slightly carried away and sorted the entirety of Team RWBY. Alphabetically by last name, as they actually would have been called up.

Here is my submission!

Author: TCA

Fandom(s): RWBY

My story:

"Belladonna, Blake!"

At the sound of her name, Blake confidently made her way up to the stool, and took her seat without pause or ceremony. She wasn't evil, and she was a Muggleborn, there was no way she'd be sorted into Slytherin. And wherever else she could possibly end up, she'd work her way up and show those stupid, inbred 'purebloods' what she could really do.

The cloth of the Sorting Hat brushed the top of her head, and she could hear in the back of her head, Well, that isn't a very Hufflepuff way of thinking, that's for sure. Nor is it brave or noble... or terribly clever. But ambitious... Well.

Blake tensed up, eyes widening, just as the hat bellowed, "SLYTHERIN!"

------------------

Ruby fiddled anxiously with the fabric of her sleeve as she waited her turn to be sorted. A short ways behind her, the white-haired girl she'd accidentally bumped into on the way in was complaining about a 'mudblood getting put in my house', as if she was absolutely sure she'd be a Slytherin.

But Ruby was just worried about whether she'd end up in the same house as her sister. It was stressful enough, that she'd been admitted early, but she didn't know anyone here. She just had to hope she'd make Gryffindor. There was no way Yang was going to end up anywhere else!

"Rose, Ruby!"

Ruby let out a quiet yeep, and dashed over to the stool almost too quickly to follow. She skidded to a stop on her heels, arms held out for balance, and hastily sat down, trying to catch her breath even as the Sorting Hat settled in on top of her head.

So, you want to be a Gryffindor, eh? the hat's voice rang out inside her head.

Y-yeah! My sister's probably going to be there, and of course I want to be in the same house Yang's in, and, and it's so cool, and romantic, and of course there are all the awesome brave warriors of history who were Gryffindors... eeee!

Ruby grinned, and her gaze flickered upwards, to the brim of the hat flopped over her forehead. She could swear she heard it chuckle, before it called out, "GRYFFINDOR!"

"Yaaaaay!" Ruby cheered as she jumped to her feet. She almost forgot to return the hat before dashing off to the Gryffindor table.

------------------

"Schnee, Weiss!"

"About time," Weiss muttered, idly inspecting her fingernails. Like Blake before her, there was no hurry as she confidently stepped up.

She knew exactly what the Hat was going to say. The entire Schnee family had been Slytherins as far as anyone could remember, and as the heiress, she had no reason to expect anything else. She was going to be Sorted just like her parents and sister before her, be top of her class, and one day, inherit her family's wand company.

And then, I can see to it that the Schnee family isn't just remembered for all the wrongs my father has done... Weiss thought quietly to herself as the Sorting Hat was set down on her head.

Well, well. Never heard that from a Schnee before, the Sorting Hat interrupted with an almost gleeful tone. I wonder... Are you really driven by ambition? Or, perhaps... do you just want to stand up and make a difference?

"What...?" Weiss blinked twice. But the hat didn't give her time to consider.

"I think you're better off GRYFFINDOR!"

"W-WHAT?!"

------------------

"And, last, but certainly not least, Xiao Long, Yang!"

"Woo!" Yang waved to the students as she jogged up to the stool, trying to ignore the butterflies in her stomach. She caught sight of her sister, Ruby, looking up at her from the Gryffindor table with an excited grin, a disgruntled Weiss glaring at the tablecloth beside her.

She hoped her sister would be able to make some friends. After all, as much as she wanted to be in Gryffindor, she wasn't sure she had it in her.

Yang took her seat, and waited, eyes shut, hands shaking slightly. The Sorting Hat brushed against the top of her head.

Well, well, what do we have here? Not sure you're brave enough? Its voice sounded almost too jolly. Well now, that's not a concern. You're certainly reckless enough. But, are you brave and tough because you want to protect others... or because you get caught up in it and enjoy power for its own sake?

Knew it... Yang sighed softly, and muttered, "Sorry, Ruby."

"I'm thinking SLYTHERIN!"

Yang didn't look at the Gryffindor table as she half walked, half trudged over, and quietly sat next to Blake at the far end of the Slytherin table, away from the traditionalist purebloods. She didn't want to see the disappointment she knew would be all over Ruby's face.

Edited by TheCompleteAnimorph

I beg to forgive any mistakes, since English is not my mother tongue. happy.gif

Here is my submission!

Author: Celestiella

Fandom(s): Reflections of Eterna (Vera Kamsha)

My story: It seemed rather obvious that the Sorting Hat would take him to Gryffindor. Just like Emil seconds before. After all, they are twins and, what's more important - they are from the Savignak house. Lionel expected the same what happened with Emil - as soon as the Hat touched his hair, it declared "Gryffindor!" without any hesitation. But...

"Hmm," - Sorting Hat's voice seemed thoughtful. - "This is rather interesting."

"Gryffindor, right? What's interesting about that?"

"Wouldn't say so, lad. You've got the courage, true enough, but you also got the wits to become much more than that."

"But..."

"You're Savignak, yes, but I'd say there is always exception to the rule. So - Slytherin!" - the Hat declared out loud. Lionel felt the chill creeping down his spine. It was too sudden and unexpected, not to mention his parents will probably... oh, come on, why did he have to be sorted like this? He glanced to the Gryffindor table. Emil was looking at him. Then, as though he felt Lionel's emotions, Emil smiled and nodded encouragingly.

Author: Celestiella

Fandom(s): The Dark Tower (Stephen King)

My story: Cuthbert got to Ravenclaw – well, that was obvious, at least to Roland. Those who didn’t know Bert would be surprised to see there is more to smile and wits in that boy. When Roland’s House was declared, the Great Hall fell to silence – the Deschains were always in Gryffindor and he now… Roland was afraid to look at Bert, to see the expression in his eyes. He couldn’t take off his mind Sorting Hat’s words – “On your way to the top you’ll destroy them all.” As he settled at the Slytherin table, Alain was sorted to Hufflepuff. Roland heard Bert’s sigh from across the room.

Here is my submission!

Author: milkaq66

Fandom(s): Alice in Wonderland

My story:

"No!"

"Oh, come on, just wear it!" the professor insists with a still patient , calm voice.

"How could i wear something like this? It has no style, i only wear high quality, handmade hats. It's a matter of pride!"

The professor sighs loud and takes a deep breath. "Just wear it for a short moment, it's a very old tradition and i know, you like traditions, don't you?"

"But i already wear a hat..."mumbled the Hatter. Then he suddenly reached out for the old sorting hat, putting it on top of the hat he already had on his head.

"Will this double-hat-matter make me a double-mad-hatter?" he sings and dances around a little bit, when the voice of the sorting hat drowns the rising laughter from the audience:

"SLYTHERIN! You deserve each other..."

And while the laughter from the other tables grew louder and louder, the Slytherin table went dead silent....

and another one

Here is my submission!

Author: milkaq66

Fandom(s): Thor

My story:

"I really don't want to sort someone against his utter wish, but in your case...What are we reasoning for anyways?" the sorting hat whispered in little Lokis ears.

"I still want to go to Gryffindor. I am brav!"

"You try to take me for a fool? You want to go there, because of your brother...."

"Half-brother" interupts Loki. "Doesn't matter," the hat continues, " you are a born Slytherin, if there ever was one! By the beard of Dumbledore, you are more a Slytherin than the founder of the house of Slytherin! Stop playing around, trying to decive me, for you know very well, i can see right through you!"

"Yes i know you can! So if i'm so dumb to try to fool you, i can't be a real Slytherin, right?

Come on, put me in Gryffindor already, people are already asking what's taking you so long. They might start questioning your competences."

Indeed, in the great hall the murmurs from the different tables grew louder and louder as more time passed. Never ever had it taken the hat so long to make a decision.

"Oh, well, at least i can't say, you're not brav...so have your way, for what it's worth!

GRYFFINDOR!"

With his sweetest smile Loki joined the Gryffindor table, enthusiastically greeted by his brother Thor.

Edited by milkaq66

Here is my submission!

Author: Gluria

Fandom(s): Percy Jackson

My story:

I GET SORTED INTO A HOGWARTS HOUSE

Grover and Annabeth stare at me in disbelief when my name is called and the crowd parts in front of me. I have no idea how we got here.

I stumble up to an old lady holding an even older hat in her hand, pointing at a ragged chair in front of her. She looks almost as old as the Oracle of Delphi and as if she loathes me even more than Mr. D does.

I sit on the chair, not knowing what else I could do. I shudder when I feel the hat on my head. I imagine Mr. D’s underwear to feel like that. (Though the hat certainly smells better.)

“A half-blood!”, it whispers in my ear. “Not Slytherin for sure. Not the smartest I’d say, so Ravenclaw is off the table.”

“I can hear you, you know”, I mutter, slightly irritated.

“Oh, quite on the sassy side we are, yes?” The hat’s voice seems amused. “Dedicated and loyal as well, I’d say. You could be a Hufflepuff. But ... even if at times it might come close to stupidity, your bravery will make a fine addition to

GRYFFINDOR!"

Edited by Gluria

Here is my submission!

Author: a_god_s

Fandom(s): Superman

My story:

"Kent, Clark!"

A mild mannered lad approached and slouched as he sat on the stool. He adjust his thick-rimmed glasses after placing the hat upon his head.

"Ah", Clark heard the voice of the hat inside his head, "I see your pride. Faster than a speeding bullet, more powerful than the Hogwart's Express?"

"Whatever do you mean?" thought Clark. His face remaining impassive, giving nothing away.

"You cannot hide anything from me Kal-El", stated the hat. "Alone and far from home, angry at those who've killed your parents, your people, your planet."

Clark's brow furrowed slightly as he thought,"No one must learn my true identity".

His exceptional hearing brought an insult from a student at the rear of the Great Hall.

His eyes flicked to the metal goblet, heating it until the student yelped, dropping it.

"Oh yes", foretold the hat , "You'll wear the "S" proudly on your chest!

"SLYTHERIN!", it proclaimed.

and another one

Here is my submission!

Author: a_god_s

Fandom(s): Batman

My story:

"Wayne, Bruce!"

The handsome young man rose, confidently crossing to the stool. Seated, he placed the hat upon his head.

He had never been outside of Gotham but Alfred insisted that he attend Hogwarts.

Gazing around the room, he made eye contact with several of the students and smiled.

"Well", a sotto-voice from inside his head, "Are you running for Mr. Congeniality?"

Bruce startled, bringing a knowing chuckle from the others. He thought, "Whoa, this is cool."

"It certainly is young Master Wayne and you have a lot to learn", it sounded like the hat was rooting around inside his head. "You are very inventive. Clever and resourceful too."

"I like to tinker with things."Bruce thought.

"You have to potential to be a powerful leader of industry", the voice said. "It is your choice."

Bruce pondered, "I thought it was your choice?"

"Of course, your House will be chosen by me, but your destiny is up to you."

That seemed rather cryptic so Bruce asked for more.

"I see dark wings." portend the hat.

Confused, Bruce queried, "What does that mean?"

"RAVENCLAW!" the hat shouted.

Placing the hat back upon the stool, he made his way toward the cheers of his new House mates

Shaking hands with TJ, another of the newly sorted Ravenclaw, Bruce sat, fearful of the dark wings and wondering what it all meant.

My thanks to SockPuppet Strangler for sorting TJ. Loved it!

Good Luck!

Edited by a_god_s

Shaking hands with TJ, another of the newly sorted Ravenclaw, Bruce sat, fearful of the dark wings and wondering what it all meant.

My thanks to SockPuppet Strangler for sorting TJ. Loved it!

Good Luck!

Ahahaha, I love that you included it into your story!

(And wow, very clever use of symbolism tying both Superheroes into their new Houses. Wonderfully done.)

Here is my submission!

Author: Yunako

Fandom(s): Haruhi Suzumiya

My story:

With glee, Japanese exchange student and lover of the paranormal, Haruhi Suzumiya, looked around the Great Hall. She'd constantly dreamed of being magical! Of having great magic powers! She didn't like any of the Houses she'd heard about though. She wanted to be Sorted into her OWN house.

Hmm. A house called...the SOS Brigade! Paranormal investigation, witches, wizards, and fun!

The Japanese girl jerked when her name was called.

"Suzumiya, Haruhi!"

She skipped up the scruffy old hat and shoved it on her head.

"OKAY HAT! I want to be in the SOS Brigade! Sort me!"

The hat was utterly confused. What was the...a strange wave ran through the Great Hall, reality yawned and stretched, pulling the entire foundation of Hogwarts through to the new reality created by Haruhi Suzumiya's wish.

"Well?" Haruhi shouted, loud enough to be heard by the professors.

"Ah, I see it now, Miss Suzumiya. How could I have missed it? You love the paranormal, investigations, and most of all, having fun. You belong in...THE SOS BRIGADE!"

Due to the reality shift Haruhi had unknowingly caused, the fifth table, the SOS Brigade, clapped and welcomed it's newest member, Haruhi Suzumiya, unwitting, powerful reality warping goddess that she was.

Here is my submission!

Author: Yunako

Fandom(s): Supernatural

My story:

"Winchester, Sam!"

Sam ignored the stares and sat on the stool. The stern-looking witch placed the hat on his head without preamble, ignoring the apparent awe the other teachers had for him. The hat slipped over his eyes, darkness engulfing his vision. He fought the hunter's panic he'd always felt in pitch darkness.

A hunter and a witch? A Campbell, at that. Your mother would be proud. At least, the Mary Campbell I knew would have been.

Sam pondered why a hat was talking. He wasn't that surprised, really. It hadn't caused him to jerk in shock as he'd seen some students do. As a hunter, he'd seen much stranger things than a talking hat.

Bravery. Strong, so strong in you. Gryffindor would benefit greatly from that stubborn bravery and self-sacrifice complex, you know. But it isn't for you. I see Rowena's blood in you, and...something else. Ambition...you don't want to be a hunter, not really. You want to make your own life, flee from what your father and brother claim is your destiny.

What IS my destiny? Sam mentally asked.

No one can tell you that, kid. There's more to you than ambition and intelligence. I see darkness. A part of you that lives as part of dark magic. You can fight it, but it will be hard. Ravenclaw's intelligence will help you fight it.

Sam's heart clenched. Was this what the dream about being a part of Lucifer had meant?

You can fight it. You're smart, so very smart. You know more hunter lore than your mother did at your age, you know? Blood of the Founder, intelligence, and desire for knowledge. All of that is more powerful than your ambition and the dark blood running through your veins.

There is no other choice. I can see it now. It must be RAVENCLAW!

I have a third/fourth sorting I'd like to post, but I'm not sure if that's too much. I know I have no chance of winning, but I still like writing stories and other people seeing them. The third one is a crossover with the Bible and has Cain (Cain and Abel) getting sorted. The fourth is a crossover with Warcraft and has Sylvanas Windrunner being sorted.

Now I know someone else is going to win... unless toyofubi likes my candle thing. Well... and I did like the TJ sorting thing, Sock.

Edited by Dusky_Flareon

Here is my submission!

Author: catstaff

Fandom(s): Sense and Sensibility

My story:

Elinor listened to the deputy head's description of the four Houses of Hogwarts. I must make Papa proud, she thought, and be sure to set a good example for Marianne to follow when she starts in two years. I do hope I'm in Ravenclaw; there is so very much to see and learn here, plus I don't believe Lucy is clever enough to qualify.

As the deputy head brought the first years into the Great Hall and started calling names, Elinor realised that she would be sorted ahead of the one person she knew prior to boarding the train, and hoped once more that she and Lucy Steele would be in different Houses. finally...

"Dashwood, Elinor!"

Elinor stepped forward and took her place on the stool as the Sorting Hat settled over her eyes. You do have a love of learning as well as a highly developed sense of honour, she heard in her mind.

She startled a bit, and thought back as hard as she could. So I am to be in Ravenclaw, then?

Oh, no, my dear girl, the Hat replied calmly. For your love of learning is quite exceeded by your love of, and loyalty to, your family. I see that you'll do whatever is necessary to assist them. Such loyalty can only belong in...

"HUFFLEPUFF!"

Elinor stood and handed the Hat to the deputy head before making her way to the cheering Hufflepuff table. An slightly older boy with a kindly smile stood to make a space for her to sit beside the one other firstie who'd been sorted into the House thus far. "Welcome to Hufflepuff, Miss Dashwood," he said. "I'm Edward Ferrars, younger brother of your brother John's intended. When I heard you were to start at Hogwarts this year, I told him that my brother Robert and I would see to it that you had a friend you could rely upon in case of need."

She smiled back happily. "I am most pleased to make your acquaintance, Mr. Ferrars, and thank you for the kind welcome." She didn't notice Lucy's frown in her direction as the other girl awaited her turn to be sorted.

Here is my submission!

Author: catstaff

Fandom(s): Sense and Sensibility

My story:

Lucy Steele looked about the Great Hall, only paying enough attention to the sorting to make sure she'd hear her name when it was called. She spotted the Ferrar boys almost immediately; Edward at the Hufflepuff table and Robert in Gryffindor. I expect I'll be in Hufflepuff as well, she thought to herself, as I'm not especially brave, nor do I have any particular love of books, and my background is not lofty enough for Slytherin. But that's good, as I've wanted the chance to get to know Edward better ever since my uncle went to work as his tutor. He's likely to be my best chance of making an advantageous match after all. She frowned when she noticed him talking to and smiling at Elinor Dashwood who had just been sorted into Hufflepuff despite being something of a bluestocking.

"Steele, Lucy!"

She walked forward, still considering ways to get Edward Ferrars to take notice of her as the hat settled onto her head.

Oh my, aren't you a schemer, she heard in her mind. No loyalty to anyone but yourself. No, Hufflepuff won't do for you, not at all.

What do you mean? she asked frantically. Surely I'm not being sent home? There isn't anyplace else for me but Hufflepuff!

With that determination and sly ambition, the Hat told her, the only place for you is in...

"SLYTHERIN!"

I like this competition! A set theme that still allows for flexibility and creativity, and a short story that won't take much time to write and invites to write several entries smile.gif This is very possibly not the last character I sort into Hogwarts happy.gif

Here is my submission!

Author: Saikachan

Fandom(s): The Stormlight Archive by Brandon Sanderson

My story:

“Davar, Shallan!”

None of the apprehensive yet excited 11-year-olds stepped forward, and professor McGonagall frowned and tried again.

“Davar, Shallan!”

Whispers and mutters fluttered throughout the Great Hall as students began to wonder where their new schoolmate had disappeared to. Had there been a mistake? Had the giant squid taken her?

“Hey! She’s over here!”

The entire room turned towards the speaker, a third year Hufflepuff who found himself unbecomingly red in the face at being the center of so much attention and hurriedly pointed to the girl in question. Who was, to everyone's surprise, alternating between drawing and questioning Nearly Headless Nick, heedless of all the attention bestowed upon her.

Muttering something a few Gryffindor students would later swear to have been profanities, McGonagall dragged the girl to the chair in front of the room and put the Sorting Hat on her head.

Well, well. Ignoring the welcoming feast in favour of research? Now, that’s what I call a dedicated RAVENCLAW!

Shallan cocked her head as the table cheered for her before she shrugged. Not what she expected, but she didn’t mind - all the better for her if the rest of the school didn’t expect her to be cunning.

~~~~~

Edit: And another one! smile.gif

Here is my submission!

Author: Saikachan

Fandom(s): Harry Potter

My story:

Bah, you again? Well, let’s try something else this time, then. RAVENCLAW!

Hermione Granger barely got the hat on her head before it shouted its verdict, and she didn’t have any time to think on its strange words before she was distracted by the cheers of her house.

Meanwhile the hat silently cursed whoever had decided to meddle with time - it didn’t want to sort already sorted people.

Edited by Saikachan

Here is my submission!

Author: CafeNaRigara

Fandom(s): Mario

My story:

"Ah ha ha. And so I put the hat upon my head, like a native carrying water home."

Dimentio wasn't quite sure how he had shown up here, but he was going to go with it. Besides, that lady had known his name, so how could he refuse?

"WHAT?!" the hat exclaimed. "I SHALL NOT SORT YOU, VILE MANIAC!"

"Oh? How inconsiderate," Dimentio replied. "But you must. I would hate for anything to happen..."

The hat grumbled under its breath. Finally, after Dimentio started snapping his fingers, the hat bellowed, "Gryffindor!"

Dimentio rolled his eyes. He liked badgers.

omg this is amazing! I love the idea! wub.gif And also, I may end up turning this into a full fledged story on my Fanfiction account. As if I didn't have enough fanfics already. xd.png Also, apologies for any misspellings. happy.gif;

Here is my submission!

Author: Syiren

Fandom(s): Final Fantasy VII

My story:

Cloud Strife never expected it to look like this, well he had seen pictures of it, but he never expected the inside to look so grand. He and the other first years ascended the stairs that led to the Great Hall. The large double doors were closed and an elder witch stood at the top of the stairs, waiting for them.

Cloud tried to pay attention to what she was telling them, but was struck in the back by a small annoying curse. He turned to look towards a group in the back. One of them had long silver hair and green eyes that rivaled the creepiest snake. The boy stared right back at Cloud and he could feel those eyes scorching their way into his soul.

"Mr. Strife, eyes forward," called Mcgonagall.

"Yes, ma'am," he replied before almost turning right back around when he heard snickering.

The professor continued on, ignoring the childish behavior. "Now, when the doors open you will wait for your name to be called. The sorting hat will decide which house you belong to and then you will take your seat at the appropriate table."

As the doors opened Cloud followed behind the first four students. the sorting went without incident. When Cloud sat upon the stool and the hat was placed atop his head the hat saw into what kind of wizard he'd be.

"A shy one you are, but quick in both mind and speed. but there's something else I see. Hard to place though..."

"Just put me anywhere he isn't," Cloud thought.

"He," asked the hat aloud, looking around the room until he saw Cloud's eyes lock onto the silver-haired kid in the back.

"Ah, a natural born Slytherin, that one. If you want to be opposite of him then your place is...Gryffindor!"

Cloud let out the biggest sigh, thankful that he'd be in a different house. He got up amid cheers coming from the table of his new house. He was also the first new Gryffindor. An older teen with black, spiky hair grabbed his arm and made him pull up a seat next to him.

"Hey there, I'm Zack! Welcome to the team!"

"Thanks," the blonde replied.

The sorting continued and just as the hat predicted, the silver-haired kid (identified as Sephiroth Crescent), claimed his rightful seat in Slytherin House.

"I saw that stare-down between you two, I'd be careful not to mess with the green-heads if I were you," Zack warned.

"Green heads?" asked Cloud.

"Slytherin," he corrected. "They won't hesitate to stab you when you're back's turned. but don't worry, I'll watch your back," he added with a wink.

Cloud was a bit surprised and happy about that. In one night he had gained so much. A new home, a new life, a new enemy and a new friend. His life at Hogwarts would be eventful that much was promised.

ETA: edited for spelling errors. sorry.

Edited by Syiren

Here is my submission!

Author: gigglymonkey12

Fandom(s): Harry Potter Universe

My story:

“Hermione Granger!” McGonagall’s voice echoed through the Great Hall.

The girl in question jumped when her name was called; she had been examining the ceiling and trying to determine whether or not there was a roof. Taking several deep breaths she started to walk up towards the tattered hat. She could be heard whispering, “Don’t be scared…you read Hogwarts, A History at least five times and you can answer any questions the hat asks.”

With trembling hands she placed the hat over her head.

“How peculiar,” the hat’s voice whispered.

“The kidnapped daughter of the Malfoy family returns.”

Here is my submission!

Author: mpolo

Fandom(s): The Odyssey by Homer (hopefully written in dactylic hexameter…)

My story:

Tell me, Muse, of the man of the ways, who once tried to get into

Hogwarts. Lo, how he shines, the smart and the cunning Odysseus!

See the castle of witch-pockèd swine where wizards and seers do

Learn how to work the magic of earth and cover their presence.

Then the hero, the mighty Odysseus, strode through the hall and

sat on a stool, while Mistress McGonnagal brought him the Sort Hat.

"Who is this man on whom I am set, a man full of tricks, eh?

Easy it is to sort such a man, for only the green ones

Treasure such sharp and devious minds so Slytherin is it…"

Up then spake the glorious one, the grey-eyed goddess Athena.

"Nay, O hat, for this I forbid, my favorite must not

Be exposed to the evil that bodes in the house of the snake."

Quoth he: "Foolish gods, who mix in the ways of the wizards!"

"Silence, hat! Call out the House of the crow or else I'll

Change you into the Sandals of Sorting!" Thusly spake Pallas.

"In that case, can I only shout out: RAVENCLAW…

[sadly the rest of this fragment (including the last foot of the line!) is lost to the eons. For the amusement of the reader, I will try to scan this thing below]

Tell me,| Muse, of the | man of the | ways, who | once tried to |get into

Hogwarts. | Lo, how he | shines, the | smart and the | cunning O | dysseus!

See the | castle of | witch-pockèd | swine where | wizards and | seers do

Learn how to | work the | magic of | earth and | cover their | presence.

Then the | hero, the | mighty O | dysseus, | strode through the | hall and

sat on a | stool, while | Mistress Mc | Gonnagal | brought him the | Sort Hat.

"Who is this | man on | whom I am | set, a | man full of | tricks, eh?

Easy it | is to | sort such a | man, for | only the | green ones

Treasure such | sharp and | devious | minds so | Slytherin | is it…"

Up then | spake the | glorious | one, the | grey-eyed | goddess A | thena.

"Nay, O | hat, for | this I for | bid, my | favorite | must not

Be ex | posed to the | evil that | bodes in the | house of the | snake."

Quoth he:| "Foolish | gods, who | mix in the | ways of the | wizards!"

"Silence, | hat! Call | out the | House of the | crow now, or | else I'll

Change you | into the | Sandals of | Sorting!" | Thusly spake | Pallas.

"In that | case, can | I only | shout out:| RAVENCLAW!…

Here is my submission!

Author: PippiLang

Fandom(s): Pippi Longstocking

My story:

It was the first day of the new school year at Hogwarts and the field around it were full of the students approaching to the magnificent building. Everything seems to be as usual: big blue/gray guardian dragon is sitting in front of the door, older students talked to each other stories about vacations adventures, laugh and tease each other or sent "that kind of look" to the certain opponent and the newbies walked quietly, almost breathlessly, all eyes and ears. And yet – all those murmuring suddenly stopped – well, THAT was unusual look even for Hogwarts.

There was a little girl with big hat on her head, underneath there were two red braids, her stockings were different, she wore too big sturdy boots and she had a horse – big, white horse with black dots and with old brown suitcase around the neck. A little monkey sat on the horse and the girl – well, she carried the horse with one hand!

She walked towards the Hogwarts with a big grin on her frackled-face while looked around. "I wonder where the horse should sleep… Who would think that so many children went to the school and even smiling! I guess they really teach you how to make a huge bunch of the cookies..." At that precise moment a little group of three caught her eye: girl with eyes which reminded her on her best friend Annika, boy with hair just as same colour as her and the other boy with the scar. "My, my, he must get it in the fight with some pirates! I'll ask him immediately!" She went straight to them, stopped in front of the boy with the scar and said: "Hi, I am Pippi and I wonder…"