misgavr

Dragon cave Marketplace

This suggestion is about a creation of a MARKETPLACE, not a NPC store (this is a sub idea for the use of the gold)

This is a random idea i was thinking off but why not make a marketplace tab on the home page which allow you to put your eggs on sell?

>you can sell your egg for "dragon gold" for limited amount of time.

>one time offer - users need to have the current amount of gold to buy the egg

>bidding offer - users need to bid with higher gold to win the egg before the sell ending

==OR==

>you can sell your egg to the marketplace (NPC) for fix number of dragon gold (automatic calculation for the egg worth), as an alternative for killing the egg or abandoning it.

>The marketplace also have a limited amount of gold to spend each day

***note that new eggs that are added to the scroll cant be sold to the marketplace within 24 hours***

Users can still trade eggs by using teleport option

How would you earn dragon gold?

>Selling your eggs

>Finding treasures while browsing the dragon cave map (uncommon)

>Instead of stealing an egg, the user will try to steal the dragons treasure in their cave

>cool down of an hour?

What users can do with dragon gold?

>They can use it to buy/bid rare eggs in the marketplace (NPC generated eggs)

***limited amount of eggs will be offered each day***

>Buy users egg offers in the marketplace

>Buy potions/scrolls from the marketplace, an alternative for BSAs?

>Users could find scrolls and potions instead of gold when treasure hunting (rare)

Potions:

>love potion - increase chance of successful mating

>Influence potion - influence dragon gender (parents must be fed the potion first)

>Healing potion - heal egg illness

Scrolls:

Fire Scroll - red dragon BSA

Earth Scroll - green dragon BSA

Teleporting Scroll - Magi BSA

Dragon cave currency can open up for allot of new possibilities.

You are free to add more ideas/suggestions to this thread. smile.gif

Edited by misgavr

And selling eggs between players is a massive can of worms. Trading via teleport is much better. I don't 100% support the store, but I very much don't support selling between players. The store and trade threads are all we need.

Its an alternative for trading without losing any of your dragons/hatching

If you don't have an egg to trade, don't trade. If you want to trade, breed or catch something for that purpose.

Edited by fuzzbucket

And selling eggs between players is a massive can of worms. Trading via teleport is much better. I don't 100% support the store, but I very much don't support selling between players. The store and trade threads are all we need.

If you don't have an egg to trade, don't trade. If you want to trade, breed or catch something for that purpose.

That's your opinion. Everybody got one.

Just a suggestion to the OP: if you were to limit the suggestion to selling eggs directly to the NPC, you would avoid the intersection between your suggestion and the one relative to the trader's canyon.

Can you give me a senior were this trading method can go wrong? because i dont really see it. This is a very raw idea and no values had yet to be initiated to the store items to decide how it will impack the players decisions.

That's your opinion. Everybody got one.

Just a suggestion to the OP: if you were to limit the suggestion to selling eggs directly to the NPC, you would avoid the intersection between your suggestion and the one relative to the trader's canyon.

many of the other threads indicated the earning of gold by user interaction with the site, my idea is to limit it with just the value of eggs, yet you can still earn gold in a very low chance by finding a treasure chest when browsing the dragon cave map, yet this still limited as there is a chance to find nothing in the chest.

simply selling your eggs to NPC marketplace would temp players to just steal eggs in AP and sell them to the NPC marketplace and gain enough gold to buy rare items that the marketplace offers.

To fix this problem i think that the NPC marketplace should have "limited amount of gold to spend each day", and a "limited amount of eggs to offer each day". There should also be restrictions on which eggs you can put on sell as well, for example new eggs that you acquired cant be sold within 24 hours.

many of the other threads indicated the earning of gold by user interaction with the site, my idea is to limit it with just the value of eggs, yet you can still earn gold in a very low chance by finding a treasure chest when browsing the dragon cave map, yet this still limited as there is a chance to find nothing in the chest.

simply selling your eggs to NPC marketplace would temp players to just steal eggs in AP and sell them to the NPC marketplace and gain enough gold to buy rare items that the marketplace offers.

To fix this problem i think that the NPC marketplace should have "limited amount of gold to spend each day", and a "limited amount of eggs to offer each day". There should also be restrictions on which eggs you can put on sell as well, for example new eggs that you acquired cant be sold within 24 hours.

I understand. What I was trying to say is that the spending mechanism has been fleshed out pretty well in the topic referenced by fuzzbucket, including:

- limits and caps

- eggs "bought" can't be traded

I strongly suggest browsing that topic, in particular the OP and the last page(s).

Edited by SullenCat

I understand. What I was trying to say is that the spending mechanism has been fleshed out pretty well in the topic referenced by fuzzbucket, including:

- limits and caps

- eggs "bought" can't be traded

I strongly suggest browsing that topic, in particular the OP and the last page(s).

The OP suggested in buying eggs and items using the gold you earned from the shop like i was suggestion here, I can see the problem of the topic conflict, i really do understand.

I guest the ideas are very similar but just a different way of earning gold.

However, i just think the idea of bringing in a NPC shop allow much more flexibility in spending option; instead of just weed out to a marketplace idea that involve trading just between players. This can create a problem because then the gold will be just worthless as players can just trade eggs with teleportation (just as fuzzbucket said)

Selling eggs to an NPC will only result in an empty AP... Or what is to stop us from grabbing stuff from there (or breeding our whole scroll, 7 eggs at a time) and sell everything to the NPC trader?

Sorry, but no support.

Selling eggs to an NPC will only result in an empty AP... Or what is to stop us from grabbing stuff from there (or breeding our whole scroll, 7 eggs at a time) and sell everything to the NPC trader?

Sorry, but no support.

thats why i was suggesting that new eggs that are acquired to the scroll cant be sold within 24, this will limit the player egg holding position and have a second thought whenever or not he will steal that egg to sell to an NPC marketplace.

I'm torn. On the one hand I'd hate to see things some people actually have trouble getting being sold to an NPC character, it's like adding insult (lol, sold it!) to injury (got it before you did!). On the other hand, I could foresee lots of commons being taken out of the game this way, thereby probably affecting ratios in ways we really don't want.

Plus the drama that can come off it - imagine someone gifting special eggs to people (departures thread, gifting threads...) only to find that they have been sold to an NPC! How many people would stop gifting rares after this happens to them multiple times?

I'm torn. On the one hand I'd hate to see things some people actually have trouble getting being sold to an NPC character, it's like adding insult (lol, sold it!) to injury (got it before you did!). On the other hand, I could foresee lots of commons being taken out of the game this way, thereby probably affecting ratios in ways we really don't want.

Plus the drama that can come off it - imagine someone gifting special eggs to people (departures thread, gifting threads...) only to find that they have been sold to an NPC! How many people would stop gifting rares after this happens to them multiple times?

im sorry but that really is not importuned to the relation to this topic. This can be the same as when you fight over stealing a CB/AP rare, or when users found out that the gifted egg they gaved out was traded for a better egg? its the same thing. When you give out an item, that item is now in the hands of the player and he can decide what to do with it.

Edited by misgavr

Here's a question for you: what happens to the lineaged eggs that are sold? Do they just poof?

Because that would be a problem for very many people, me included.

Here's a question for you: what happens to the lineaged eggs that are sold? Do they just poof?

Because that would be a problem for very many people, me included.

This is a interesting question, i didnt though about that actually.

Making the dragon appear in the wild will be simply just random and wont make sense...

What if the dragons that are sold to the marketplace will still be visible in linage, yet they would be sold back to the players (higher price) once the egg will be hatched (automatically that is)?

unless you have better suggestions for an idea, this is what i got for now unsure.gif

Let me see if I understand. Is the suggestion about moving the trades from the forum to site? With an additional twist of getting currency from the other trader or from the site itself and being able to spend the currency on the same way?

Let me see if I understand. Is the suggestion about moving the trades from the forum to site? With an additional twist of getting currency from the other trader or from the site itself and being able to spend the currency on the same way?

something like that.

I would personally rather trading stay between eggs/hatchies than introduce currency into it. Although, I do like the idea of users requesting their own amount of currency rather than having set prices. That is nice.

(I will note that I'm not a big fan of introducing currency into the game, though, so yeah, that does bias my opinion.)

I would personally rather trading stay between eggs/hatchies than introduce currency into it. Although, I do like the idea of users requesting their own amount of currency rather than having set prices. That is nice.

(I will note that I'm not a big fan of introducing currency into the game, though, so yeah, that does bias my opinion.)

How does that differ from their asking for huge numbers of hatchies etc? That too is a price set by the user.

How does that differ from their asking for huge numbers of hatchies etc? That too is a price set by the user.

Eggs/hatchies =/= introducing currency

That's how it's different. I'm not sure what you're trying to nitpick here? My point is: I like leaving prices user set, but I prefer trading don't start involving something other than eggs/hatchies.

No, no, and NO. I've only ever seen in-game currency really work when most things have comparable values. I have seen many a market become flooded with people asking absurd prices for things not worth it at all.

The fact that eggs/hatchies have a time limit on them further complicates this idea. Does it just die if no one bids?

Also, I'm not seeing a reliable source of income here. Occasionally stealing some out of the biomes is not going to get you the thousands or evens millions people are going to be charging for anything worthwhile.

Literally no one is going to want to spend money on a common. This leaves nothing but extremely high-priced rares in this market of yours. Even if you do sell common hatchies or something, it'll take you forever to get enough for a rare, while presently many people happily offer their rares for IOUs of hatchies.

TL;DR: Your market will be nothing but over-priced eggs no one can afford because humans are greedy by nature.

The fact that eggs/hatchies have a time limit on them further complicates this idea. Does it just die if no one bids?

I never thought about it, It will make sense to give the egg a max time to be on the marketplace until 4 days until it dies.

Also, I'm not seeing a reliable source of income here. Occasionally stealing some out of the biomes is not going to get you the thousands or evens millions people are going to be charging for anything worthwhile.

Literally no one is going to want to spend money on a common. This leaves nothing but extremely high-priced rares in this market of yours. Even if you do sell common hatchies or something, it'll take you forever to get enough for a rare, while presently many people happily offer their rares for IOUs of hatchies.

This is why i introduce a NPC marketplace, which buys eggs you sell to it, and sells rare eggs at the same time at a reasonable price.

Please read my entire thread before jumping into conclusions.

Edited by misgavr

This is why i introduce a NPC marketplace, which buys eggs you sell to it, and sells rare eggs at the same time at a reasonable price.

Please read my entire thread before jumping into conclusions.

Even putting rares into the market like that probably won't help. The rich will buy them all then resell them at higher prices (probably). And I'd have to imagine that commons won't be worth anywhere near as much as rares.

The concern over ratios is pretty valid too. If price is based off ratio (which would be the most fair way to price them), then constantly selling a breed will just lower its price AND make them "caveblock" more often.

Even putting rares into the market like that probably won't help. The rich will buy them all then resell them at higher prices (probably). And I'd have to imagine that commons won't be worth anywhere near as much as rares.

The concern over ratios is pretty valid too. If price is based off ratio (which would be the most fair way to price them), then constantly selling a breed will just lower its price AND make them "caveblock" more often.

what if there is restriction of lets say 1 day before you can buy again from the NPC marketplace?

Not just that, you cant sell eggs you bought from the NPC marketplace.

If we want to make it work its great that you show what are the possible scenarios of why it wont work, but at list give a suggestion of what to do about it.

I don't know... Random thoughts. ..

On the market place concept:

- The forum trading threads are confusing and inefficient, to say the least, personally I get lost there.

- DC members, without forum accounts, can't post there; I know that's their choice but maybe we, the ones that do, miss opportunities.

- I would welcome a move from the forum to an efficient market place in DC.

On the currency:

- Let's not kid ourselves: if the store gets implemented, we WILL have currency, call it shards or dragon gold; this suggestion introduces a different way to get it.

- Sometimes I have something that others want but they aren't offering anything I want, so I don't bother: I would trade if I could get currency to spend later.

On what happens to the eggs sold directly to the market:

- Maybe they just disappear, like they never existed, like the Wild eggs that never got picked up, still thinking about that one.

To echo Olympe: I'm torn. Just for different reasons.

I don't know... Random thoughts. ..

On the market place concept:

- The forum trading threads are confusing and inefficient, to say the least, personally I get lost there.

- DC members, without forum accounts, can't post there; I know that's their choice but maybe we, the ones that do, miss opportunities.

- I would welcome a move from the forum to an efficient market place in DC.

On the currency:

- Let's not kid ourselves: if the store gets implemented, we WILL have currency, call it shards or dragon gold; this suggestion introduces a different way to get it.

- Sometimes I have something that others want but they aren't offering anything I want, so I don't bother: I would trade if I could get currency to spend later.

On what happens to the eggs sold directly to the market:

- Maybe they just disappear, like they never existed, like the Wild eggs that never got picked up, still thinking about that one.

To echo Olympe: I'm torn. Just for different reasons.

Two of your points on the market place concept are why I'm not running screaming in protest. It can be confusing trying to navigate the forum threads. Plus with all the cross-posting and bumping a post can get lost. So, yes, the current system is inefficient. Plus, one must have a forum account to use them, so those who are restricted, for whatever reason, can't trade the way most do.

There was an on-site trading market proposed before, with the idea that users would post their eggs and others could make offers on their stuff. The thread didn't get very far because it would be terribly hard to allow people to request specifics that they're looking for. It just wasn't very manageable.

So, with this idea the need for being able to post specifics that you wanted for your egg goes away. You sell your egg to the NPC, he posts it up as available for others to buy. The hard part would be figuring out what he'd charge for the eggs.

As for lineaged eggs going "poof", no. A 1000 times no. What if someone "sold" a 2nd gen from my spriter's alts to the NPC? Do you think I would ever in a million years be willing to gift or trade them another one if it went "poof"?

Ok, people keep bringing up the store thread, and I have no idea why. The store threads currency can not be traded between players, ever. Just like the items and dragons you buy, can not be traded.

I dont mind the idea of a dragon market being built into dc, but it would need some serious fleshing out to have a chance, and I would be absolutely dead set against currency for dragons (between users).

Now, in my mind, I can picture a button on someones /user link that leads to a page of available "publicly posted" tele links, with a space below each tele that allows for a short description of what they are looking for. I'm thinking 200 char blurb (with a report button of course... for people who abuse the space) When setting up a teleport, it might involve an extra click to decide if you want the tele to be public (anyone could see that goes to your trade page) or default to private (works how it does now, where only people you give the link to can see it).

There are cons to this unfortunately, but there always will be no matter how carefully you word things and twist them tongue.gif

Edited by Thuban