xeyla

The "How was your Day" thread

I am so thrilled. We were getting ready to make the return trip back to Mississippi, we were waiting for dad to come back fron Walmart, when the power kicked back on

I don’t usually post personal stuff, but I didn’t get a chance to share this with anyone because all my friends already knew, so I thought I could share this with my dragcave friends.

last night my partner proposed and now we’re engaged! so my day today (and yesterday) was quite good : )

in the fashion of a true terrae collector, I suggested we hang at the park and enjoy some grass and grasshoppers, which didn’t go according to plan because it was already getting dark and we didn’t catch any grasshoppers. and my partner got stung by a wasp. but I guess other than that it went according to their plan lol.

here’s a pic of my nature-themed ring (and second ring that I can wear to work) if anyone is interested. and the cute on theme terrarium box.

Spoiler

34688C91-48C8-4314-BD58-71BDD62FF148.thumb.jpeg.f4ad571101b43330cd6b9a1fe65f8d4d.jpegA5A64BA6-4E5C-4B87-8B32-1226F3B3316C.thumb.jpeg.2fb24b3c88dbfa0cfe418849c0208ecc.jpeg

thanks for reading : >

@Lagie thank you for your kind words! 

Edited by steeve

6 hours ago, steeve said:

last night my partner proposed and now we’re engaged! so my day today (and yesterday) was quite good : )

Congrats! That ring is beautiful.

My parents are repainting the house and my allergies have been so bad because of it. My nose has been non-stop itchy since Monday.

Edited by Zinogre

Not specifically my day, but:

Switzerland finally has same-sex marriage! :wub:💖

6 hours ago, Confused Cat said:

:wub: Nice!

15 hours ago, Confused Cat said:

Oh goodness that warms my heart! ❤️

My day was pretty productive, took five bags of trash out (procrastinated way too long on that...) and did a large shopping haul at the dollar store. Got a lot of household stuff we needed plus a good variety of snacks to bridge the gap between actual grocery shopping trips. And we took my dog (mom and dog stayed in the car, air conditioning on, while I shopped) which meant I got some adorable pictures of him in the car.

Spent a while taking care of the yard, it needed a quick mow, whipper snip and to have some weeds pulled. Still has more work, but the green waste bin only has so much room. That, and I couldn't whipper snip like I wanted to, since the spark plug needs replacing. All the lawn edges look ugly, but at least the grass isn't growing too long anymore. 😭 Hopefully the auto store still stocks the right spark plug, been a few years since this one needed replacement.

I just broke my favourite coffee cup that I had bought in Italy in 2015. It was very important to me... 😿

Thanks @Lagie. ❤️ I hope your day went well!

Edited by Varislapsi

1 hour ago, Varislapsi said:

I just broke my favourite coffee cup that I had bought in Italy in 2015. It was very important to me... 😿

:( Aww. *hugs*

My day's just starting but so far, so good.

9 hours ago, Varislapsi said:

Can you glue it and just use it as an ornament?

I had a 'wait for deliveries' day. Parcel for my daughter and one for me arrived practically together. Then I had to wait for a charity collecting a chair from me.  Then I was able to relax!

@Quinney I'm going to try at least. I didn't throw the pieces away.

I received a parcel today, too. Cat food delivery. I'm happy it went well, with the Finnish postal service you never know... also relieved I got it on time, I had just two tins left.

Edited by Varislapsi

@Varislapsi look into Kintsugi!

I woke up up with a sore throat, and just feeling ugh. So I’ve been resting today. But I did make some yummy tomato bisque and tuna steaks for lunch.

And also - finally - figured out how to make theatre style popcorn! Yummy 🍿

(and seen a Bald Eagle up close ^^)

Edited by Pliskin

@Pliskin Oh! My mom helped me glue it but it didn't come out too well and I'm not sure how long it will last, even if it's staying on my bookshelf. So thanks for your tip, I had never heard of kintsugi before! It seems so interesting, especially because I just started learning Japanese this autumn. 😸

About my day... it's just past midday here but my cats decided to practice dumpster diving in the morning while I was taking a shower, so I've spent some time hunting for their treasures in every corner of my apartment. There wasn't much rubbish but I still didn't manage to find everything, oh well, sooner or later those will show up I guess.

My day has been okay so far, I guess? Opened a new bag of sunflower kernels only to find they tasted horrible, but I also discovered that I can make an approximation of 'Tuna Helper' with Pasta Roni and tuna (I'm not a huge fish eater but I used to love the Hamburger Helper 'tuna helper' but apparently they don't carry it at our grocery store anymore). It was surprisingly yummy and now I need to get more of that type of pasta.