xeyla

The "How was your Day" thread

good day. went ice skating again. :) 

Yesterday (since nothing has happened yet today) was interesting. My mom and I ended up cleaning the water softener, and there was a 4 inch brick of solid salt stuck to the bottom, so we spent at least 2 hours pouring water in, breaking up the salt with a broom handle, then sweeping out the loose stuff with a wet vac. :rolleyes:

As usual, a stressful and tiring day. At least work keeps me distracted.

i just learned that the tinypic image hosting service is shutting down. huh.

Pretty good. Dad made dinner but it ended up way too salty so I went a little hungry for the rest of the day. My aunt and her husband came for a visit and we all went fishing, caught eight pretty huge rainbow trouts. Dad and aunt's husband felled some old, long-dead trees on our property, too. Then aunt and husband left in the evening and dad and I had ourselves a quiet rest of the day. Heading home next week...

Went from okay day to bad day, thanks to my "best friend" having a go at me for doing something that she has done to me on multiple occasions 😕 I was already feeling extremely bad about it and was about to try rectifying the situation, but she decided to blow things out of proportion before I could.

I know shouldn't be surprised that she immediately went for that option considering she's done it so many times before, and I know I'm at fault, too, but it still hurt...

Finally back home, after about a week. Just to go straight back to work for another three months or more. No idea when I'll get home after that.

Very stressful. I have ptsd which makes sleeping hard and the nightmares don't help. I need to go to bed now.

Guten abend everyone and farewell.

Today was pretty good, took my mom out to eat this morning and we both had a lot of fun. And a lot of food, lol. Rest of the day was nice and relaxing (ie, lazy). 

most of my days are pretty good, actually.  on the days i work my retail job (fri-sun), i have ups and downs, and customers.

on the days i work my main job (mon-thurs), i roll my eyes a few times because my boss has political leanings one way, and mine are very much the other way XD 

Woke up feeling like I already want this day to just end. Don't get me wrong, so far it's been a perfectly ordinary, nothing bad happening anywhere-kind of day, but... for some reason, I feel like I just want to skip this entire day and move on to the next.

9 hours ago, Sazandora said:

Woke up feeling like I already want this day to just end. Don't get me wrong, so far it's been a perfectly ordinary, nothing bad happening anywhere-kind of day, but... for some reason, I feel like I just want to skip this entire day and move on to the next.

i relate to this heavily. on one hand I know I'm supposed to be enjoying my summer break, on the other hand every day is the same

Today is my birthday! So far it's been nice. ^_^ I'm about to have my favorite kind of cake, too.

I own two gold angels and they've just laid eggs. I'm gonna try to raise them but it looks pretty complected, at least according to online guides.

Sorry for bad quality, my phone camera is usually trash and the flowing water makes it harder to take the photo. There's even more eggs than pictured, they kept laying. As of writing the eggs have basically covered the area, more than tripling in number.

I don't have any brine shrimp eggs or methlyene blue on hand so i'm not sure if I can even do it. It'd be pretty cool if I managed it though so might as well try. No idea what's gonna happen.

better, now that hubby has decided it's a good idea to borrow my mom's CRV to move daughter into college next week. :) 

On 8/15/2019 at 4:13 PM, blockEdragon said:

I own two gold angels and they've just laid eggs. I'm gonna try to raise them but it looks pretty complected, at least according to online guides.

Sorry for bad quality, my phone camera is usually trash and the flowing water makes it harder to take the photo. There's even more eggs than pictured, they kept laying. As of writing the eggs have basically covered the area, more than tripling in number.

I don't have any brine shrimp eggs or methlyene blue on hand so i'm not sure if I can even do it. It'd be pretty cool if I managed it though so might as well try. No idea what's gonna happen.

Wow! Thanks so cool! Keep us updated if you do end up raising them!

2 hours ago, DOLPHIN232 said:

Wow! Thanks so cool! Keep us updated if you do end up raising them!

I'm flattered that you're interested :D

Image may contain: plant and indoor

The photo is blurry garbage but it's the best I could do.

The eggs have been moved to my old ten gallon, a sponge filter and an air-stone have been added to replace the parents and keep the water clean without harming the eggs. Angefish are members of the cichlid family, most cichlids take comparatively good care of their babies. Mine managed to guard most of the eggs from their tankmates, loosing only a few eggs overnight. They where super attentive and swam over the eggs to wash them with their pectoral fins to keep the eggs free of fungal particles. The air-stone serves the same purpose, while the bubbles are impossible to see in this photo (sorry, my phone camera is not that great at taking photos of my tanks, there's just too much movement). After a day or two the eggs should sprout tiny tails and become wrigglers and 3-5 days after that they'll become free swimming fry and i'll start feeding them. I couldn't find any live food but a lady on YouTube had a video showing her fry eating a powdered brine shrimp formula so it'll have to do. 

Apparently once they start spawning they can potentially lay a new batch every 7-10 days if the eggs are removed, they're like flippin rabbits! On the bright side frequent spawning means more chances to try raising the babies.

I have no photos of the parents worth posting but they're both freshwater angels of the gold variety.

Image result for gold angelfishImage result for gold angelfishImage result for gold angelfishImage result for gold angelfish

They don't look that different from others of their breed so some google images will give you the gist.

Gold angels are often prettier than the camera can capture, they have shiny almost metallic scales but a blue/cyan iridescence to them that can be seen when they angel themselves a certain way under the light (the last picture kinda shows the blue). I'm hoping the babies end up looking as good as their parents do.

I know this post is super long and chatty.

Edited by blockEdragon

16 hours ago, blockEdragon said:

I have no photos of the parents worth posting but they're both freshwater angels of the gold variety.

Image result for gold angelfishImage result for gold angelfishImage result for gold angelfishImage result for gold angelfish

They don't look that different from others of their breed so some google images will give you the gist.

Gold angels are often prettier than the camera can capture, they have shiny almost metallic scales but a blue/cyan iridescence to them that can be seen when they angel themselves a certain way under the light (the last picture kinda shows the blue). I'm hoping the babies end up looking as good as their parents do.

I know this post is super long and chatty.

I don't know much about fish care but the breed is definitely gorgeous!! Best of luck I hope everything works out!

The power is out AGAIN.

It was out at my shop for three hours earlier today.

I have video proof of someone stealing yesterday. (Who steals from a charity?!?)

But on the plus side, the sun is shining and my weekend has started.

Good, except for the sports cars waking me up 4 times during the night, and ruining my sleep. Finally found a Sesshomaru t-shirt that isn't fanart. I doubt I'll be brave enough to show it off in public, but at least I can sleep with him. 😍

I sort of had a panic attack this morning and bit up my hand to where there's still marks (which I know sounds weird, sorry), but for the most part the situation that made me had a panic attack is resolved now and we're just trying to get ready for school. On a brighter note though we saw a duck this morning and as weird as that also sounds ducks make me really happy so that's good! 

-Piper