xeyla

The "How was your Day" thread

Posted this in the wrong thread for a second, whoops! But what ever, decided to check out Dragcave again. Looking through old post, cringing a lot but also seeing what old friends I've made from this place was a good refresher to see how far I've come since then. Just coming back to this small but wonderful community has raised my mood, hope everyone is having a good day to anyone who is reading this.

Welcome back Crockturtle566!

I had a pretty good day. Getting hotel/car/etc finalized for my trip to San Diego in March. Went grocery shopping. Did some editing on a story.

It was honestly the best my day has been in the longest time! So much positive energy and happiness!!

I almost died today.

Since I was young, I've always wanted to drive a jet ski. Today I got my chance, and boy it was fun.

But seriously, I almost died.

I was trying to back out of the dock, but because I did not understand the controls yet, I pressed on the go throttle instead of the reverse. The jet ski went under the dock and I had to hang myself on the dock as the jet ski went forward.

UGHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

A bit frustrating because of all the inferiority complex stuff but at least I helped with baking chocolate muffins which is nice. I'll just have to cherish the weekend as long as it lasts.

Well, it was a fine day, I guess. I'm back in the game after (almost) 5 years of my absence.

There's many new (for me) dragons I haven't heard off! So many to catch, to know and so on, and I'm so confused!

So my weekend was full of dragons~ but it's hard to go back to the way I played since, well, I don't have friends who still play here anymore :<

Went to an orchid show today, planned to buy no more than 4. Of course... brought home 5. (I'm a collector... it shows)

Found out I missed the April Fool's event w/ upside down mint eggs. Sadness....

i moved out !!

the new place is 20 mins from the beach and my school, which is just lovely. feeling a bit overwhelmed with the fact i now have to handle myself and make food and everything, not to mention the ongoing job hunt ; 7 ; but otherwise all is good, and i'm super close to a lot of my friends so maybe i can just go mooch off them hehe

Went and got groceries and got lunch at Subway. Drove all the way home to eat and then realized they'd goofed on my sandwich. Oh well, I got to watch some Netflix before I got started on homework so it wasn't a total waste of a day.

Work was....work. I really don't like dealing with people, but at least I didn't have to close today, that shift is the worst.

Yesterday I got an eviction warning, so today was spent at the Housing office trying to fix things. Turns out they just need a paper from Social Security. Well, they sure scared me! Also wrote 2,000 words on a novel I'm writing.

Today hasn't been anything out of ordinary although there was a bit of negative feelings about that I mixed up "taking the dog for a walk" with "letting the dog out in the backyard".

I also bought some textbooks and the prices never cease to scare me.

Well..I failed. I don't know how to feel about that, honestly. Not my best, I have to say.

I either gave too much money to a bad person who lied to me, or not enough to a good person in need.

Maybe something in between. I guess I'll never know.

Either way I get to feel bad, yay. rolleyes.gif

(A stranger asked me for money telling a sad story, I gave her a lot more than a reasonable person would, then she asked for more, then I didn't give her more. The end.)

I finally was able to trade for a cave Mint today! It's not upside down, but I'll take anything (I was eaten). Now I can stop stalking the AP and trade threads.

Semi productive. Got things situated with the bank and everything's set to give to my boss tomorrow, plus I got my work schedule for the week set. I still haven't found the time to straighten up my room, but that'll happen over the weekend since I have Friday and Saturday off. biggrin.gif

I worked today for the first time in two weeks (Flu), so that was good. Played with my dog and wrote, and got a good outline going for my story, so all in all a good day.

It was a bit better than I expected, but after the umpteenth time of telling students to make sure they do an important step EACH time they run the program, I wanted to pull my hair out.

Them: It's not working.

Me: Did you do the step?

Them: Yes.

Me: *Does the step, and it works perfectly.*

Them: Oh, maybe I didn't.

Lather, rinse, repeat multiple times with half the class. rolleyes.gif

Edited by harlequinraven

I woke up quite late, enjoyed the lazy morning with an espresso and a donut, went to the university to listen some visiting speakers tell about their career paths and now I'm laying on my bed, ready to make dinner. So quite a great say so far!

I was positively surprised today.

Someone actually helped me out when I was struggling with two big and ungainly packages I was trying to bring home.

Rotten. People never realize that in taking sides for one person, they are also taking sides against the other person. Then when that person, who would have always supported them no matter what and had always held them in such high esteem, slips away from their friendship, they never realize that they chose that path.

My day has been full of physical pain honestly, as both my arms and legs have been aching all day. dry.gif Just when I got home I managed to get a slight headache too. It's just Monday and I already hope it'd be Friday again.

I have had a relaxed day so far, just going to the dog park and looks like filling out paperwork is all. Maybe even working out later. I almost got called into work, but someone else responded to the texts faster than I did - I am neutral on that one..