xeyla

The "How was your Day" thread

Life's been better than usual, today. I started off trying to get back into arting after completely losing all motivation for 3 years and i'm quite sure it went well! Then I managed to gain the trust of a wild bird in my backyard which was super amazing since I love birbs \o/ and they used to be so spooked by my presence. And then I got the chance to chat to my brother about the future and how i'm going to try and manage my life at uni and it was reassuring in comparison to how things are going right now. Might of been a bit of a lazy day, but getting a chance to get back into my forgotten hobbies and planning ahead was really refreshing.

Good day, as good as can be expected. Tired though, I hate vacuuming. I somehow forgot to eat all day and my sugar took a dive.

I decided to treat myself this morning with my favorite breakfast, so that was nice. Other than that, my streak of bad luck continues. But nothing lasts forever, right?

My day started surprisingly sweet (aside from not sleeping well due to the cats running amok at 4am...). Someone sent me the demo of the audio version of my fanfic that they're planning on recording in full. It blew me away! I'm so honored and humbled and just incredibly emotional because I can't believe someone actually liked my writing enough to sit down and make an audio recording of it. I keep listening to the demo on repeat, haha. This just makes me so excited as a writer and really helps with my self esteem issues. Whoo! 

Wow, that's so cool @hazeh

Today was pretty good, didn't get to do what I'd expected at work because coworker wasn't there to give me the needed stuff, but I was plenty busy anyways. Taking hundreds of staples out of tons of papers. I have spent two full weeks on this 'breaking down the 2011/2012 papers' and I've only gotten through three boxes (I believe there are five). It's fun though. 

My day's been nice so far, I got to work early and had a good lunch at the uni. Then I visited a store to get this super bulky yarn so I can continue crocheting a nest for... my bunny? Our cats? My sister's future cats? I don't know yet, but it's so nice to work on it! I wasn't sure if I still remembered how to crochet but it's coming along quite smoothly. 

It was great i am on  a game i love called Avakin Life it getts better an better as it goes along .Just  logged in an they have new gym  stuff that you can accualy use. :D

umm boring since im at the bookstore mostly till the afternoon, so meh. and im browsing on my computer fun life 

It's the kind of day where you start making lists. The "Kill Bill" or Arya Stark kind of lists.

My day has been rather crappy and it's not even noon. I'm sick, really bad cough (the kind that makes me gag, ick) and lots of sinus troubles. Yesterday I was hoping I'd be better today, at least enough that I could go to work, but nope. Really really frustrating having to miss work, especially when I actually *want* to go, and I can't even work an extra day to make up for it because Friday is the end of the pay-period. Missing work because of colds and physical sickness really really frustrates me, possibly more then it should... For a long, long time my depression and anxiety were so bad that I could barely work at all and would jump at any tiny little reason to call in and not go. Mom not feeling well? Let me stay home and take care of her! Oh sure I'll schedule an appt today, just can't work, oops! But now that's changed so much and I genuinely love work and really hate missing it. 

I've been sick for the past few days but today I'm finally feeling a bit better. I ordered some clothes from ASOS and they came, but I'm a bit bummed the jeans I got are not a perfect fit, they're a bit tight, but I hope they'll loosen up after I wash them for the first time. I try to feel positive about my body since I've gained a bit of weight after switching contraception pills, but ordering in my old size and realizing it doesn't fit so well anymore is a bit disheartening.

It's amazing. I've just made some bread with the perfect texture and look and it tastes of... nothing. I'm serious, it's like chewing air. I've managed to add the exact amount of ingredients so that they all cancel out each others taste. There has got to be a prize out there somewhere for managing to remove flavour - good or bad - from a product you bake. If there is I win.

It's been great so far, went to church after having to miss last week due to a really bad cold. Our Pastor is hilarious and awesome. We took a huge box of donations for the Homeless Ministry, it feels really good to be able to help with that. My mom was actually able to walk into church without her walker for the first time in months! So excited to see that. 

It was less than horrible, which is a welcome change. I'm still struggling to accept my breakup and move on, but I think I'm getting there. I haven't cried in a few days--even the smallest bits of progress count, right? I miss him and the way he made me feel, but I don't miss the many difficulties of being in a long distance relationship. We weren't on the same page about the future either. I'm just hoping that there's someone else out there for me. 

I also took a big step today and started taking something for my anxiety again. Usually I procrastinate until the very last minute to participate in discussions for my college courses or email my professors, but today I talked myself into doing both early. Silly thing to get so nervous over, maybe, but it felt good. I'm looking forward to having that come naturally. And I ordered my dream dress that I've been eyeing for months to wear to an upcoming formal. I learned that I hate being single and alone, but life is otherwise not so bad. The rainbow I've been waiting for is finally here.

My day was nice, I had a meeting with my thesis group and instructor and I'm still feeling pretty motivated and good about my topic and how things are moving. My dad came for a visit as he was driving by the city and brought us cinnamon buns made by my mom and a super cute ceramic cactus ornament/pot filled with candy! On the downside I started to feel like my cold's creeping back, starting with some throat ache and pressure behind my eyes.

My day is one of the worst in 2018 so far.

I had an accident on my way to work when someone ignored my right of way.

No one was hurt, but my car has really taken a hit and it looks terrible. I can still drive, but I guess as soon as I get money from the insurance I'll have to start looking for a new one.

My first car. 😭

Had a pretty ordinary day. It's getting really cold but I sure as heck don't mind after having suffered through over three months of blistering, relentless heat. Had a really lovely dream last night too, about one of my most beloved characters in media so I woke up feeling great. :wub:

Gave a friend some writing advice too, so I'd say this has been a pretty good day.

An okay day, but the main person I talk to is mad at me so I've been a little lonely recently :unsure:

I've had a pretty good day, work was fun and I realized I've been more social at work lately because of my schedule-change putting me in contact with more people (which is good because being social is on my therapy plan...). I've also realized that this month marks two full years since I last self-harmed, which is kind of amazing and shocking given that there was a point where I couldn't go a week without. (Also, I finally mentioned to my new friend that I'm gay and she reacted well, which is something I always get a bit anxious about, so that was good.)

I hope yesterday will teach me to always drink enough. Yes, traffic jam + needing a bathroom is terrible and I'm paranoid about it (and somehow that situation also happened yesterday), but the way I felt when we returned home was even more terrible.

HUMAN BODY NEEDS WATER. DO NOT FORGET TO ADD WATER TO HUMAN BODY.

Had a GREAT Day today!!!  

Weeks ago, my dryer belt broke and unlike the last time that it did (about 15 years ago or so) I'm not physically able to get down on my knees in order to do the repair, hence, having to use a laundermat to dry my clothes...

on another note, one of my Grandaughters, well two counting Hanna, is only about 2yrs old and hasn't lived close enough to me for me to visit enough for her to get to 'know' her Grandpa...  So when I see them, they want nothing to do with me, which I can understand, but it still pains me...

Today, TODAY! was great.  I purchased a replacement drive belt and one of my Sons stopped by in the morning on his way to visit his children and between the two of us, we got the drive belt changed!!!  I ended up having to lie down on the floor in order to make the adjustments necessary and he had to help me up afterwards, but we got it done...  So that is back in service again...  He cleaned up and went on to his kids place.

The second, greater joy came in the latter part of the day.  He showed up again about 4pm with four kids (preplanned).  He dropped them off and went on to take care of some personal business.  I had two girls, both 11 YO and about 6 months different in age, the younger actually being bigger...  One 8 YO boy with ADHD/Autism problems and a handful to deal with, but loved just the same, and the little two+ YO girl who with the other kids around, came to play with Grandpa, tossing a small foam ball back and forth, sharing a soda, actually TALKING with me !!!!!!  :) :) :)  We interacted normally for the four hours they were here with me!!!  Well, the last three, anyway...  YAY!  

Of course, I paid attention to the other kids as well and beyond having to correct the Boy a few times and deal with his mood swings, but overall, with all of the kids, I felt that we had a very good time together  The kids live in three different homes, but are very close and spend a good deal of time together and most of the adults get along well.  It's a bit complicated, but with these five adult parents, they all are still friends (with one exception) and will meet and share a Christmas or combined birthday party and they get along well together, four adults and seven children as well as assorted Aunts, Uncles  and cousins and of course a Grandparent or three, lol

As I said, today has been a great day...

My young son went home with his kids for a weekend in another city and let me know that they all arrived safely...

I straightened up my kitchen and living room and went and fixed some dinner and am now relaxing and basking in the afterglow of their visit...

Sigh, I miss them already...  lol

=====================================================================================

To all those who have had a good day today, I congratulate you all and wish you continued good fortune...

For those having a not-so-good or even a meh day, I wish you the best in either overcoming the troubles that complicate your lives or that your fortunes change for the better in the very near future...

Thank you for letting me express my joy...

Edited by Husky51

I actually got to sleep in for the first time in three weeks, which was an excellent start to my day. I've been running on fumes all week thanks to being sick so getting to sleep in was amazing.

14 hours ago, Confused Cat said:

I hope yesterday will teach me to always drink enough. Yes, traffic jam + needing a bathroom is terrible and I'm paranoid about it (and somehow that situation also happened yesterday), but the way I felt when we returned home was even more terrible.

HUMAN BODY NEEDS WATER. DO NOT FORGET TO ADD WATER TO HUMAN BODY.

Oh my yes. I live in Arizona, it is VITAL to have water available at ALL times. I actually carry two water bottles, one frozen and one regular, with me at *all* times (the frozen one melts completely within a couple hours but it's still very helpful). 

My day has been fairly good so far. Went to a store to pick up money my stepdad had Western Unioned us, then went to Walmart and spent an hour squeeing at all the Christmas decorations. Got a small (fake) tree for my mom's room, new lights for our large tree, plus a new purse for me because I've had my current one for 5+ years and it's just totally falling apart.

I was having a not-so-great day. Well, night. It's now early morning here. I went out with a friend for dinner and spent the few hours we were together hearing about her fantastic new boyfriend and their life plans, which was a little crushing considering my recent breakup. Then someone almost T-boned me in an intersection on the way home (yes, my light was green--theirs was red), which was scary. The cherry on top is that the stress over my lit class is killing me...English has always been an easy subject for me, but this class is ridiculous. So I came home with a headache and passed out. 

Well, I woke up very early this morning to an amazing surprise. I don't want to sound like I'm bragging (I'm really just excited), but I finally won a raffle prize. I wasn't even going to bother to check the page because it's usually the frustrating "no win" message, but for some reason I did anyway. I almost teared up a little. TJ, if you read this thread, thank you for bringing the raffle back. This was such a nice way to end a hard day month. I can't wait to gift her babies away and share that feeling. I keep checking her view page just to make sure she's actually there on my scroll. I just can't believe I won. It's crazy.

Honestly; I was having a really rough week. My fiancé just got a promotion at work and while he’s incredibly stressed about it, I’ve been trying to be really supportive of him. I know he wanted it, even when he was arguing with me about quitting. It’s just been taking a lot out of him and I haven’t been able to spend nearly as much time with him. I really miss him because even when I do get to see him - more than before - he usually falls asleep before I really get to spend time with him.

Waking up this morning, I was looking at my emails and initially I was concerned someone had stolen my email information because I’d gotten two emails about a different person using my email, though it looks like it was just an accident. When I stumbled across the email about winning a prize my heart nearly stopped. I am so incredibly excited and I don’t even know what I’m going to do with her first. I can’t believe I actually won a prize!