xeyla

The "How was your Day" thread

Not today but just the other day. A friend (a new-ish one) told me how much they appreciated that I listened to them and that it meant a lot. Never had I ever felt truly appreciated in a friendship, or at least it had not been expressed verbally, even by my closer friends. It felt oddly nice to be appreciated, since many times I do feel tired of dealing with other people in general, and that it doesn't make a difference whether I am kind or not at all. This encourages me to continue to be good to the people that surround me.

So far today has been okay, except that the air conditioning was never adjusted last night, and it was a cool night, so I came in to a cold office, and I am the only one who wants to turn the heat on. I hate it when people say "well, you can just put a sweater on"  or "drink some hot tea or coffee, that will warm you up"....  

Not too bad, hopped in the shower etc then roommate and I went to the mall. He bought his fiance a xmas present and I bought 2 books but not the ones I was looking for but they don't have them in our bookstore right now >:| Bought 2 other ones I don't have from the same author though. (was looking for Queen of the Damned and the Tale of the Body Thief but ended up getting the Wolf Gift and another wolf one...all from Anne Rice <3 lol so it does not matter. Our bookstore had a piss-poor selection...like 4 Anne Rice Books 1 I already own but with a newer cover.)

We got home and someone is parked in our driveway where we park >:| and in front of the house too (also where we could have parked) so roommate is gonna drive his fiance to work shortly and is using her dad's driveway for the moment but it's infuriating to drag groceries from a few houses up to your apartment. The other people also know we have a truck sometimes so it's like....can you NOT park in our spot? SMH!

We're also gonna have a chicken sidekick and calimari rings for super nomnom.

A little disappointing. 

We went to the humane society, as we saw an 8 year old poodle mix available.

When we got there, the dog was already in an interview room with the 2 women looking to adopt him.

They did adopt him, so he has a home, which is good, and our search will go on.

I think he was a little too little for us, and we would have had to block the stairs from the sides again, and re-gate it, as we did years ago when we had a blind poodle. My late father had made a system that we put across so that there was not enough room for the dog to get through. I am sure it is up in the attic still.

Ecstatic. =3  My Long Distance Fiancé and I celebrated (once again, like every month) our Anniversary of getting together on the 19th, and we have discussed many topics the past week. Our conclusions are making me super, super happy! =D

Some of these conclusions are:

• On Oct 2nd, I am having my surname changed to my Fiancé's. ^.^
  • November, I am meeting him for the first time in the flesh. We have video chatted many, many, many times, just as an fyi.
  • Not only am I meeting him, he's going to stay with me for 3 months on his Visa. During this time, we are going to try for a baby. Our first child together! *squee* =3
  • In about a year, him and I will be tying the knot in marriage. We were going to be marred on April 20th, 2018 but unfortunately my divorce didn't go through. =/

*shots fired* INB4 someone makes a rude comment about not being married before a child, or that we are being rash with these decisions: It's my life, not yours. My Fiancé and I are happy, and we are going to do our relationship how we think is best. Thanks! ;]

1 hour ago, Metal-n-Monster said:

Ecstatic. =3  My Long Distance Fiancé and I celebrated (once again, like every month) our Anniversary of getting together on the 19th, and we have discussed many topics the past week. Our conclusions are making me super, super happy! =D

Some of these conclusions are:

• On Oct 2nd, I am having my surname changed to my Fiancé's. ^.^
  • November, I am meeting him for the first time in the flesh. We have video chatted many, many, many times, just as an fyi.
  • Not only am I meeting him, he's going to stay with me for 3 months on his Visa. During this time, we are going to try for a baby. Our first child together! *squee* =3
  • In about a year, him and I will be tying the knot in marriage. We were going to be marred on April 20th, 2018 but unfortunately my divorce didn't go through. =/

*shots fired* INB4 someone makes a rude comment about not being married before a child, or that we are being rash with these decisions: It's my life, not yours. My Fiancé and I are happy, and we are going to do our relationship how we think is best. Thanks! ;]

Congrats on the upcoming wedding!! My boyfriend lives almost 2000 miles away, so I can somewhat relate to that ecstatic feeling of seeing your SO in the flesh. He's visiting me for Christmas and I already can't wait for him to get here.

Today has been pretty good. I organized my closet, studied for an exam this week, and finally put all of my DC trading information together in one place. I just wish it was Saturday...I'm not ready for Monday.

Not too bad, a bit weird. Woke before my roommate etc and our washer broke a few days ago and it is 100% kaput (currently it is outside cause it's trash and stuff but nowhere to put it otherwise at the moment). Got a new one from an old guy (who sounds really dumb lol) who fixes them and re-sells them. He may take the old one idk. 

Then went to dinner with friends and went to see Kingsman the golden circle. (REALLY GOOD but doesn;t beat the first one but it was very close)

Tiring! I've been remodeling the entire kitchen all day, and I'm only about 1/3 done! I'm so sore from moving around a bunch and lifting heavy things, but it'll be worth it once I'm done!

It was okay but I ate something I was going to eat through the week to get rid of anyway but it was a bad decision cause I got a headache now and feel crappy. Evven after a shower still feeling bad.

Tiring.  I was already short on sleep before my shift last night, and since we were shorthanded I was left trying to do a two person job alone (which is becoming depressingly normal).  I came home and adulted long enough to phone in prescription refills and pay my car's license renewal fee, but now I've showered and I'm going to go to bed early.  Tonight promises to be an even heavier workload.  

On the plus side my relationship with a coworker might be advancing from 'lunchroom acquaintance' to 'outside-of-work friend'.  Maybe.  I can hope.  Oh, and I got some vacation time approved around my birthday in January.

My day hasn't been very long yet, but my night was bad - I went to bed and all of a sudden I felt so sick I thought I was going to throw up, so I sort of crawled to the bathroom with the intention of staying there forever. My husband then brought me some medication and convinced me to lie down on a couch where he could keep an eye on me. I felt better after three hours. Then the rest of the night I had nightmares and woke up all the time.

Not a great thing to start a day on which I expect a phone call I'm not prepared for, have a violin lesson I'm not prepared for, "have to" draw a complicated page (for a project I could theoretically cancel because it's only my own, but I really don't want to give up), and also have a technician working in the house.

At least during my nightly whining ("whyyy do we aaaalllways have to be suffering from something, such as back pain and colds and inexplicable sickness") we found out we still have a pretty good life, because what if next time we are reincarnated as those bugs who get eaten alive by other bugs? That would suck.

tl;dr: I probably ate something bad yesterday, but at least I'm not a bug.

5 hours ago, Metal-n-Monster said:

Awesome. My divorce case was pushed through, and my name change was submitted to the courts as well. =3

*Cheering*

My night went very well.  Wednesday nights we always get a double-sized load of freight, and we often have to leave stuff for the day crew to finish.  But my usual buddy is on vacation and one of the assistant managers helped me with my department instead, and we completely kicked butt.  Just in time for a regional inspection today.

Well, I ended up cracking a tooth at work while eating fruit loops, and so I went to the dentist. My choices were to either pay around $500+ to get it fixed, or around $100 to get it pulled...so long tooth #15! Now the left side of my face hurts and I have a cold. Other than that, life is great :) 

My morning was horrible, I had a meeting with a group to plan an event and I really really did not want to go. I dragged myself there and it was actually really nice. And during the afternoon I finally got something done that I've been putting off for some time, and realized that I actually didn't have to take up any new classes this semester to be eligible for the study grant!

Eh. I was supposed to register for university, but they keep pushing the date away because of complications. It's really stressful.

I got stuff done, though I didn't enjoy any of it.  So, alright I guess.  Now I'm arguing with Guild Wars tech support about recovering my old account.  I will probably work a puzzle or paint minis while I wait.

I just went to check if my neighbors had left their laundry in the machines again, since I've been needing to do mine for several days (they did).  And once again, I notice that the door to the inner furnace room is slightly  ajar and the light on in there.  The wood around the latch is all gouged up.  It's clear someone has been breaking in, and after I saw stranger leaving the parking lot early yesterday morning, I suspect we have a homeless person coming in at nights.  So much for me doing my laundry in the dark; this is already a really sketchy neighborhood.  :unsure: