xeyla

The "How was your Day" thread

Today was fairly good, I got to play with doggies at work which is always fun (co-worker sometimes brings her two little Yorkies to work). I'm annoyed at my boss for *still* dragging his feet about the boxes that I should be destroying, but I don't want to push him about it *too* much. When I got home I found out my mom made me dinner, yum!

Quiet, so far, but expecting to do some other thingstoday, other than just playing around on my laptop...

The accommodation I'm staying in has been auctioning the unit I'm staying in, which is part of a rent pooling scheme, but there's a possibility that the new owner might pull out of the pooling scheme and we might be told to move?  The written agreement says that the sale won't affect my roommates or me, so I don't think they're allowed to move us by pulling out.  One of my roommates, who is studying to be a lawyer, doesn't think so either.

Welp, it's only 11:15am and so far the day has been horrible. *Major* anxiety attack that led to actually throwing up, brought on by stupid work transportation showing up to take me to work nearly an *hour* early and insisting I had to go then (I was still in my pjs!) and now I'm not going to work at all today because I'm *still* shaky and upset and I know from experience that trying to work like this doesn't end well.

Doing pretty well today, work is pretty good considering my Monday was god awful busy. Not sure what I will make for dinner tonight, maybe I will pick up some naf naf 😋!

Today was just like any other, to be honest. Although, I have to admit that my thoughts are riddled with fear of how I'm going to manage through my aching shoulder for Friday and Saturday, I've got a huge swim meet that I really don't wanna do bad at x) 

Otherwise, same old. School was boring, and I didn't have to pull through any headaches, which was good. Still got some homework to finish, but I'm almost done. 

I can finally sleep soon, ahhhh

It's been so nice, I finally have days off in a row when I don't have to do (almost) anything or go anywhere! I got my first paycheck from my new job on Thursday, and I had a huge itch to buy something, so I bought Civilization VI for Switch and now I'm waiting for it to finish downloading. Other than that, I've been watching the Nordic Ski WCH in Seefeld the whole day, and later we're planning on ordering pizza for dinner with my partner. Yay for lazy Saturdays!

It was a nice quiet day here, I work on my Romanian Tokarev, had too put in a new firing pin retainer pin...

Today has been pretty good, despite getting sick and having to leave in the middle of church. Came home and napped for awhile and felt better after that, so mom and I went grocery shopping. Our big monthly shop, which meant *tons* of bags to carry and such, but it was fun. Got a lot of really yummy stuff. 

Phew! Technically my day just started, but my weekend was quite busy. We flew back up to my hometown to look at potential wedding venues. Found two we really love, but we can only afford one, though we're still pretty stoked about it. Planning weddings is stressful... 

Today mom and I were able to go out to lunch at our favorite buffet, thanks to some money my stepdad gave me. It was really fun and mom was really happy, so I guess my day was pretty good!

Today we had our first time showcasing our project at an event and it was a ton of fun! Since the attendance waspredicted to be mostly 60+ year olds, we were pretty worried about offering people small VR-experiences - we thought that they might not be interested at all, or they might get scared or dizzy while using it. Shame on us!! Everyone at the event wanted to try the headset to walk with elephants or dive underwater. "I'm so excited to tell my grandchildren about this!" "That was an incredible experience" "I've been wanting to try this for forever now!" were some comments I heard. I'm so glad to be working on this project and with my amazing co-workers, so seems like every day at work is a great day for me. 

Wow, that sounds awesome @hedy

Today has been fun in a 'this is unexpected and different' way... My peer support lady was going to take me and my dog to the park this afternoon, but it was *pouring* out. Like seriously, it hardly ever rains here to begin with but when it does it's mostly just sprinkles, so a huge downpour like today is very unusual. So of course we couldn't go to the park (I felt so bad, I'd been telling my dog all morning that we were going!), but she ended up taking me to Walmart for a few things, which was an adventure itself because people *really* don't know how to drive/act in the rain in this town. 

Edited by HeatherMarie

Been a rough day.  So much to do with my father passing last month that I don’t even have time to go riding. Then last nigh I accidentally abandon my Hellhorse egg rather than another egg that I wanted to.  I was so disappointed in myself that I put down the iPad and went to bed.  It has been fun and rough parenting (raising my niece and nephew)  again after my children have been out of the house and are now in their 30’s and I have grandchildren.  Well they (twin boy and girl) are precious to me and come first now.  Trying to scrape the money together to by them beds as we gave ours to the kids when they moved out 10 years ago or so.   Just a lot of weight on my shoulders but I will soldier on.  Thanks for letting me rant a little.  

Everyone have a blessed day

DocMumma13

15 hours ago, DeniseRosalie said:

@DocMumma13

You're doing great. Don't forget to take care of yourself.

Thank you!  I am trying.  Worn out today so much that no Taekwondo tonight, didn’t get much done and have been sitting on the couch drooling. Lol

DocMumma

Today was a good day.  I got to talk with the new Librarian.  Kevin seems to have some good ideas for the Library improvement.

Attended a Historical Society meeting and while not called upon to ask the Mayor a question, I got together with him a little after the meeting...

I had a pretty normal friday, nothing spectacular going on. Playing video games with a friend, gushing about this one anime character we both like, all that kind of stuff. Tomorrow's going to be interesting.

My day was... Not so good. My boss has this bad habit of yelling at me for things I haven't done. And treating me kind of unfairly. And I have the bad habit of starting to cry when I'm angry. 

My day went from typical to bad to great in the span of a few hours. I found out that a guy I was sort of seeing to is still flirting with other girls so I'm going to drop him and that left me a little annoyed, but I also was called about multiple interviews today. It has been months upon months of applications disappearing into the void to never be responded to, so I can't put my happiness into words right now. I'm finally going to be making more than minimum wage. My car needs to be replaced very soon and I'm planning on moving to a different city in a few months, so having more money around will be a potential life saver. 

Now I just need to actually get the job.

On 3/19/2019 at 10:48 PM, The Dragoness said:

My day went from typical to bad to great in the span of a few hours. I found out that a guy I was sort of seeing to is still flirting with other girls so I'm going to drop him and that left me a little annoyed, but I also was called about multiple interviews today. It has been months upon months of applications disappearing into the void to never be responded to, so I can't put my happiness into words right now. I'm finally going to be making more than minimum wage. My car needs to be replaced very soon and I'm planning on moving to a different city in a few months, so having more money around will be a potential life saver. 

Now I just need to actually get the job.

Sending *you'll get that job* -vibes to you!

My day's been nice. In the morning I had to go do a test on debugging for a programming class and I passed! I was super nervous, the whole class has been incredibly tasking and I sometimes feel like I don't know enough to actually pass it. Now I only have to pass the exam, do a few mandatory exercises and finish and present our little game. I also had a work from home -day today which was very relaxing after a week of long days running around the area. So happy it's weekend!

I've been feeling weirdly tired today. I know I slept well last night, I have no idea why I feel so weary all of a sudden. Maybe it's just spring doing its thing. Otherwise, I've had a pretty normal day.

Weirdly anxiety-filled day today... Our go-to grocery store has packs of water on sale this week, but apparently they *suck* at estimating demand because they have run out *twice* already and the sale only started Wednesday! Went Wednesday and they were already out, planned to go today after being told they'd get a new shipment yesterday, called to see if they had any before going and nope. I don't know *why* it makes me so freaking frustrated and anxious when I can't buy something I planned to buy, but ugh it really does. Also, spilled a half-full glass of chocolate milk *all* over a pile of junk by my computer, that was fun! /sarcasm