xeyla

The "How was your Day" thread

I've had a nice day, slow morning and then I worked on some data transfers for a couple hours. It's usually pain and agony, but my friend happened to be working at the same time and it made it so much better! Other than that I've been working on my thesis (and drinking tons of coffee) and it's actually coming along quite nicely. 

Today (and the last few days) haven't been all that great for me; I've been feeling really sad and overwhelmed because of school, my horse dying, and a few other things that are too complicated to explain right now...:unsure:

The heater in our house is broken, so the last few days have been... cold. :unsure: I'm wrapped in a blanket and drinking some hot cocoa now to try to stay warm. Otherwise, today is going pretty well, but yesterday was no fun because we had an appointment very early in the morning that got canceled right before we left, which meant we got up very early and got ready to leave when we didn't even need to, and then I spent the rest of the day tired. :rolleyes: At least we didn't drive all the way there and then find out we didn't need to be there!

Today has been kind of up and down. Sorta sickly (er, lady-time?) and moody and grrrrr, so that's not fun. Had a small crying spell this morning. No way I was going to let it interfere with work today though, I deliberately changed my schedule this week to be able to work today for my favorite task, day-before-payday envelope stuffing. So that was fun, stuffed envelopes for a good 3 hours today. And the 'insert' this payday, showing December's birthdays and work-anniversaries, has my name on it! Been working there 11 years next month, quite an accomplishment for someone who had whole years of not working more then 3-4 days a month.

Uuuuugh so once again I left home early so I could have time to prep the shop calmly and once freaking again the subway is messing up with my schedule. 😥 Now I'll have to rush and knowing how many rude clients I'll have (I feel it's one of these daya) isn't improving my mood.

My day was alright. Went to church, praise team sang one of my favorite songs, the church is all decorated for Christmas now so I got to see the pretty trees (three!)... Took my dog on a long walk and took pictures... Got a good nap... Only bad thing is that it's nearly the end of the month, which means we had to do bill/rent budgeting math today. I'm sorta flailing at how I'm going to budget for all this 'extra' stuff that's come up, like a part for mom's car and a present for a family my church is sponsoring etc etc, none of the 'extras' are very much but they do add up. (Also, I was supposed to get a gift card in the 20th paycheck and didn't, I told them but I'm not sure if they'll have any left when I go to work Wednesday,I was kind of counting on that small bit of money to donate to a gofundme for someone really special...)

I drove home from my parents' place this morning and immediately after that two of my friends came for a visit! It was super nice to see them, one of them lives in Germany so we don't see that often (the other one lives in the same town as me but we still hardly ever see lol). Then I pretty much avoided working on my thesis the whole day, and I'm still currently doing that! I just have so much to write that I can't wrap my head around where to start after not working on it for the whole weekend. I still have a week before I present my supporting theories but I feel like I'm running out of time. I have three holiday parties at the end of the week and I'll be at my parents' place again the next weekend, so I'm scared I won't get any work done there again.

Today stinks. I finally got over a flu I had for nearly 5 weeks, only to get ANOTHER flu 3 weeks later. 

This one is so much worse than the other one, I've used so many tissues and blew my nose so many times. My nose is red and sore from blowing it so much. What a nice Christmas present.

Had a nice day today, just cuddling with the dogs on the couch and watching stuff with my mom. 

Today was pretty good, coworker brought her doggies to work today so I got to pet them for awhile. They are so cuuuuute! And I found out I have more Paid Time Off then I thought, so I'm able to use some of that to make up for last week when I came home early both days. Oh, and when mom picked me up from work today she brought my dog (he loves car rides) so that was fun.

Worked a longer shift than I should have as we weren't that busy but oh well, more money for me. Had some time to write some poetry and I'm having pizza for dinner so can't complain too much.

Boring. At first my family was going somewhere that I was really excited about but it ended up getting canceled. :( Luckily we might be going on Monday instead.

My day has been pretty chill! I got a lot done yesterday (booked a vet appointment for my bunny and bought a NEW BED, yay!), so today I've been mostly relaxing and preparing foods for NYE tomorrow. I've also been writing an application for a project job position that opened up a few days ago. It's not a full-time job (only 60%), but it's almost directly about my thesis topic and the project location is in the town where I live, which is very rare, since most of the job openings in my field are in the capital city. I'm hoping to get at least an internship position at the project, since then I'd get some super valuable job experience from the field. Now I just need to send my application and call them on Wednesday which I'm really anxious about because I hate talking on the phone. But I have to, because I have some questions I need to ask and I hope they'll consider me more if I'm active in the applying process. 

Good luck with the job position @hedy it sounds great! 

My day has been very lazy. Mom wasn't feeling well enough to go to church today (*still* has bronchitis after 3 weeks!) so I haven't gone anywhere, just been hanging out at home. Took dog for extra-long walk, did some painting (got a rock-painting kit for Christmas), naming some dragons. A church friend brought over some soup and bread for mom, apparently the soup was awesome and I got to have some of the bread. 

Spent 2 hours of my afternoon sitting in the DES office waiting to renew my medical assistance. ..... Only to then be told I need a form filled out by my work so I have to go back next week anyways. It was really rainy and cold outside all day, which is very strange for Yuma, usually even when it rains really bad it'll be over fast and then the sun will come out. 

So far it's been **** terrible. Thought I could get something done tonight, went to bed... reasonably early for my schedule, but ended up staying up until, like, 11 AM due to a sudden bout of insomnia, probably from my completely messed-up sleep schedule. So yeah... what a great way to start a new year with! XD

I feel like I'm coming down with a flu again, and I really hope I don't since I'm supposed to go see Phantom of the Opera this weekend in a different city. So, I've just been taking it easy today, yesterday was a bit stressful because we sold and carried our old bed to a neighbor and then had to wait until 8PM until our new bed arrived and then had to assemble it! But it's sooooo amazing, it's so much bigger than our old one so I can finally sleep peacefully and move around without constantly bumping into my partner! 

This day has been rough. Our car refused to start on Saturday, and we diagnosed it as the battery being empty. Me and my partner called through our parents and friends, asking for advice and if anyone was close by and happened to have starting cables so we could jump start the car. No luck, and the towing company I called told me that if we're not in a hurry and really can't find any friends to help us, it's best to call again on Monday because their rates are so high during the weekend. I talked with my dad again yesterday, and he told me that the battery is quite old in that car, so our best bet would be to just buy a new one. He also assured me that I would be handy enough to change the new battery in on my own (!!!).

Sooo, today me and my partner walked to the car part store (luckily only about 2 km away), bought a new battery and then walked back home with this 20 kg beast in a backpack that seemed way too flimsy to be carrying that weight. We started the replacement process in a heavy snowfall (we do not have a garage), but fortunately the temperature wasn't too bad today, only -7 degrees Celsius!. I only had two breakdowns when one screw first wouldn't loosen up and then wouldn't tighten back in. The battery we bought was also a bit smaller that the original one, so one protective piece didn't fit back in, plus we couldn't get the clamp on the negative pole to tighten very much, so it's a bit so and so. BUT!! Our car runs! And it runs smoother than before!! Neither of us got electrocuted, suffered any acid damage or broke our backs carrying that battery home, so I'd call this an overall success! Now I'm enjoying my third cup of coffee and trying to shake this feeling of being chilled to the bone (everything got wet and cold in that snowfall) . We saved at least 100€ by doing this ourselves, so I'm pretty pleased with us!

Today has been a bit frustrating. Got a letter from Housing for the annual recertification, I *hate* when companies schedule you for an appt without even *asking* when a good time would be! They scheduled my appt on one of the only two weekdays I work, right in the middle of my workday. Like seriously, I work 2 days a week, 4 hours each day, there is *plenty* of time I'm available, and of course they schedule it when I'm not! Called to reschedule, of course couldn't get ahold of anyone. 

Also, at work today I had very little to do, just a little filing that took about an hour. I get really anxious when I have nothing to do, so that was not fun. Ended up spending nearly an hour in the Meditation Room (15 minutes at a time). I know they know I'm a good worker, no one has ever said anything negative about me not working hard enough or anything, but when I don't have an actual task to do I start feeling really guilty and nervous.

I finally got the courage to mow my front lawn today...  I have bad knees and I did stress them as I feared...  Now it is difficult to get up and walk...  Once I'm up, it is a bit painful, but I can walk...  Good thing I have a walker if I need it...  lol

I've had a pretty goos day so far. I had my last final of the semester this morning and then went to get brunch with my friends. We are now free for the next 3 days (yay, so maaaany holidays) and I sooo plan to spend them sleeping as much as I can! 

I hate studying months with a passion and I'm happy to be done with January!

Fun today. Allowed the teenagers to stay away from school because of (to be honest, it was a laughingly meager three inches of snow that totally collapsed germany's road system XD). So they had fun with snow that they haven't seen so 'high' before.