xeyla

The "How was your Day" thread

I looked through all of DR.  I have other things I could be doing, like studying, but no.  I'm just gonna stalk DR without contributing lol.

I've had a nice day, slow morning and then I worked on some data transfers for a couple hours. It's usually pain and agony, but my friend happened to be working at the same time and it made it so much better! Other than that I've been working on my thesis (and drinking tons of coffee) and it's actually coming along quite nicely. 

Today (and the last few days) haven't been all that great for me; I've been feeling really sad and overwhelmed because of school, my horse dying, and a few other things that are too complicated to explain right now...:unsure:

Being that my sister is trying to figure out what kind of reptile she wants, I've spent a lot of time researching and visiting various breeders over the last few months. I've always loved snakes and hoped to get one of my own someday, but I wasn't sure if it would ever happen. Well...I adopted a tiny BP this morning. He's absolutely beautiful. I need time to set up his home and make sure my heating/humidity set up is in check before I get him settled in, so I'll be picking him up in a few days. I'm so excited.

The heater in our house is broken, so the last few days have been... cold. :unsure: I'm wrapped in a blanket and drinking some hot cocoa now to try to stay warm. Otherwise, today is going pretty well, but yesterday was no fun because we had an appointment very early in the morning that got canceled right before we left, which meant we got up very early and got ready to leave when we didn't even need to, and then I spent the rest of the day tired. :rolleyes: At least we didn't drive all the way there and then find out we didn't need to be there!

Today has been kind of up and down. Sorta sickly (er, lady-time?) and moody and grrrrr, so that's not fun. Had a small crying spell this morning. No way I was going to let it interfere with work today though, I deliberately changed my schedule this week to be able to work today for my favorite task, day-before-payday envelope stuffing. So that was fun, stuffed envelopes for a good 3 hours today. And the 'insert' this payday, showing December's birthdays and work-anniversaries, has my name on it! Been working there 11 years next month, quite an accomplishment for someone who had whole years of not working more then 3-4 days a month.