xeyla

The "How was your Day" thread

Very, very tiresome. I've incorporated a fitness regime into my life recently, and since I'm not used to it, I'm sore and super exhausted almost constantly. Today I'm extremely sore.

Fairly good day, got to do my favorite task at work today and a coworker brought her tiny adorable dog to work so that was fun. 

First, I want to say, it was a day off, I did nothing, but I have enjoyed seeing more player events going on, getting lots of fun low AP time, people enjoying the new releases, people enjoying the Breeding Bonaza and the Prizes (and very happy to have gotten that prize I donated delivered today!), and getting in some donations and also seeing the amazing Glittering Gold Giveaways up back in full steam with a beautiful amazing array of donations people can win for free, so I was excited about that yesterday and today. Didn't manage to grab the last one, but got this one, and am happy as a clam to see people having lots of fun. I know sometimes people forget, but that Holiday Spree that takes us from October 2018 thru Feb 2019 is coming sooner than you think - but instead of freaking out or panicking, start thinking about prepping some of your stuff a BIT EARLIER (like start seriously thinking about it now), but also have some fun while doing it and explore the threads and the amazing resources out there that make life SO MUCH easier on DC. I know life can be really crappy sometimes, or really busy, or really whatever. This isn't a place that necessarily can fix all your problems, but it is a simple fun game with a great group of people and you can jump in and out as you need, and I'm glad to be back here and it is just really relaxing. And when you get filled up and are frustrated for being "locked up" on eggs or other things - Just hit the forums and realize there is also a lot of fun and cool stuff there. And outside of that, there are dragons to breed to the AP (keeping those eggs below 5 days means we can at least incuhatch them) and if you have some fun lineages or pretties or stuff that hasn't gotten your attention in a bit, consider breeding out your BSAs, Hybrids, or just anything interesting and fun. Go Breed! Got some Great Dragons? How about writing them a Description? Your dragons are amazing and you can explore a little creativity! And they are approved so fast these days, it is worth it to have the fun! And that isn't even the tip of all the great Player stuff done here. This community is awesome, and I like being a Cheerleader for the Community, its Players, and encouraging people to do whatever you want or can and if you want to do an event or activity we will make sure you are encouraged and supported and make it something awesome! So if that sounds like a marketing BS or whatever, that is what I did today. I loved it and had a great time. I wish I knew more people who had Bronze - Silver - Even Gold/Newer Gold Trophy/Scrolls so I could personally invite them to all the various giveaways and raffles going on and upcoming (Yes, we have active ongoing events - I hope you have been paying attention - we are rocking and want as much participation as possible, and most of the stuff is FREE and easy to join to win awesome things!). So - when you are going about your day, and are taking some time bouncing between DC, have your fun, but also think, hey what small things can I do to help make things fun for others? Before Going away from DC for a period of time? - Stock up on some Biome Blockers and then Drop them into the AP! Low Time AP? Hatch Some Dragons, Grab some "Fodder", Consider Making a Few "Vampires".... I hear Fall is just around the corner and some of the creepy crawlies might start emerging a little earlier to get a head start. Let's do the same. So that is what I did to day trying to find new people to bring into the fun, encouraging people to do things, bouncing around between this and that and never doing it as efficiently as I should.... and now I am much later for bed than I should be. Below is an old post I hope makes you laugh, it was saved from the last time I posted here, and I hope it brings you a good chuckle. But I also you take your days and make sure you are having fun and don't forget that little extra effort here and there makes all the difference to the other people. When we get new blood in the game, we need to foster and encourage it. Our New and Growing Players Today are the Future Core of our Community, if not already part of it now! Thank you for all of you who take the time to use the community, visit these threads, do nice things, open yourself to raw honesty even when it is painful, and be real people in a world full of pixels. You are more than just a collective, and I like spending my days and time off as I'm able hoping that I'm doing things to make it a little better, and honestly, I think most of us are. Just remember to carry that in the real world. Because if you can be positive and have fun here - you can do it there. Some days its just a bit more challenging!

Ok, this is an older post I wanted to post, then wasn't sure If I would post, and screw it, it's meant for innocent fun, I hope you can understand that. Well Here Goes:

From the mouths of children. Really this story is just meant more for humor, because we don't always expect kids to understand the full scope of things yet.

Hubby is hanging outside talking to the neighbor's kids, ages 3-5. They have some discussion and he explains he is a "senior citizen". The kids are confused because they think that means he should look "really really old" and don't believe him. They want to know how old he is. And since he's mentioned me a few times in the conversation he gives his age, and then my age. There is an age gap of around 20 years. I don't expect kids to be shocked by this, but for some reason they are. The 5-ish year old kid understands there is something "wrong" or "bad" about this for social mores. So the kid explains to my hubby that our age difference "is racist." Now hubby is very confused, because he doesn't even know how that term even enters a kiddo's brain when discussing age. So he asks the kid what do they think "racism" means. The kid explains "if something is bad, its racist." Well, that is a start. Racism is certainly a bad thing. But not all bad things are necessarily racism. But young kids don't always do logic, and it was really cute and funny. (Look, I'm not trying to make a political statement or discourse here, this is just funny stuff kids say). We've both been accused of and called many various words and things because of whatever "moral outrage" people have at our age difference, even though we've been married now generally longer than anyone who says those things. But this one was a first. I just sometimes really enjoy the honest innocence of kid logic while trying to work with adults, and at the same time a kid that young would have a reason to think there was something wrong with two adults being together due to age.

went to bed and woke up with a mean migraine. feel pretty woozy so far. Medication kicked in, so I mgiht beable to pull through.

@the dragoness. Depending on what it is you plan to do, treat yourself, you've worked hard and you deserve it, and don't wait on another who wants to spoil your fun.

Woke up really nauseous, took some pills (which is rather hard when putting anything in my mouth makes me gag) but they haven't really kicked in yet. Currently have headphones on listening to an audiobook in an attempt to drown out the very-anxiety-inducing sound of the gardeners right outside my window. (Oh, and last night I got into a fight with my mom about that issue, the fact that certain loud repeated noises set off my anxiety in a huge way, she acts like I'm just being overly sensitive and prissy about it, like I can actually control it, and I haaaaaaate that.)

My vay-cay was moved up to this weekend instead of next. That piece of info made my darn day AWESOME!!!

Oh yay, that is awesome @Predat0rs! Sooner vacations are always a plus!

My day has gotten worse, sigh. Mom has insisted on doing laundry today despite it currently being 107 degrees outside (which is relevant because we have to lug the laundry to and from the laundrymat...). She can't lift anything heavy so I have to do all the carrying, so I'm now overheated and anxious. And my dog is whining at the door continuously the way he always does when one of us leaves the house, which is really not helping the anxiety. (I really think he has some kind of separation anxiety from when I was in the hospital last year and he was left alone a lot because mom spent most of her time at the hospital...)

I had a rather wild experience when I came home from work.

I arrive home by using the back gate, as that is where I keep my bicycle. So upon entry to the back, I spooked some doves. They are usually wandering around pecking at stuff on the ground. Usually we have a whole cluster of sparrows as well. So I park my bike then wander over to examine my ghost peppers, when a few birds spooked from inside the patch of celery. suddenly 6 birds land on the fence and leap over into the plants below virtually at my feet. about 5 fly off and suddenly a much larger bird, a hawk (likely a coopers hawk) flung itself over the fence and into my celery. A small bird screams and flies behind me. The hawk looks up, stares at me as I am staring back. He then flies off empty handed.

quite the scene.

Cashed my paycheck yesterday and finally had enough 'extra' money to buy a Netflix gift card today. I let my subscription lapse months ago because I just couldn't afford it, but now it's renewed and I've spent most of the day watching old Girl Meets World episodes because I'm totally a kid at heart that way.

Hard. I hate being stressed and not having a way to do anything about it. I've been worrying over the same thing for weeks now with no end in sight and my mind is exhausted. 

Pretty stressful. We moved to a new climate zone recently, and my sinuses absolutely hate it. Wake up with a raging headache pretty much every day since summer hit. Found some pills which sort-of alleviate the problem, but they take a while to kick in, and I need to show an extra positive/patient outlook at the time of day the headaches tend to start. On the bright side, my cat has finally fully warmed up to everyone in the household. He includes us in his grooming (grooms us) and has learned to sit for treats.

My day's been quite good. I've finally managed to get my life somehow together again and for the past few days I've been crossing things off my to-do list. The never-ending saga of the car accident/repair/insurance is actually going to a better direction now, since today I got hold of the guy's phone number whose insurance should cover the whole +1000€ repair bill. It's still an uphill battle, trying to get all the required information from a foreign country so that the agency in my country can actually take care of it, but this is such a huge step forward and I'm so proud of myself that I had the courage and stamina to go through with finding that phone number. Now fingers crossed this guy will answer me someday.

Edited by hedy

My day has been pretty good and... cautiously optimistic? Saw my psych doctor yesterday and she put me on a new med for my anxiety, a fast-acting one that she said is a big stronger then what I was taking. I'm 'cautiously' optimistic because I've only taken two doses so far, but I honestly feel like I'm noticing a difference already. Worked today, sorting through a huge stack of invoices that is often anxiety-triggering, but I was fine. I was even smiling on the van ride home, which is very rare because the van ride normally makes me anxious (too much noise). 

My day was ok, my obnoxious (haha) neighbor lady phoned me about a bale of straw that she wanted to give me and wanted to give it to me NOW!!!  lol..  She is  nice person, but she and her sister are hoarder types and wanted the straw out of the way so they can put other stuff in its place...  lol  She wanted to just put it over the fence next door where a horse grazes without telling the owner.  I talked her out of that... so now I've got a bale of straw in my back yard sigh..  on the bright side, maybe I can practice some bow and arrow at the bale...  Hope my neighbors don't mind...heh heh heh  I haven't drawn a bow in over 20 yrs...

No, I am more stable than that.  I will put no body, animal or human in danger...  

Well so far today has been horrible and it's not even noon yet. Had my first therapy appointment scheduled for today at 11am (well, first this time around)..... The company's transportation picked me up, I get there and OOPS the therapist isn't even there today! She's been out sick for a whole week and nobody thought to call me and tell me that my appt wouldn't be happening!! Because nobody ever tells the clients anything in this dang company! I was crying by the time I got home, made a few upset phone calls saying how totally unprofessional this was and I wanted to talk to someone about it, thankfully my new case manager is nice and got back to me quickly and agreed that this shouldn't have happened (although it ALWAYS DOES) and he's now talking with people trying to get me scheduled with a different therapist asap. This is not the first time this *exact* thing has happened, in fact it's not even the second or third time. If I thought there was a better behavioral health place in town I would've transferred long ago, but unfortunately the only other place I know of is one I used to go to long ago and it was even worse. (Oh how much I wish the company I work at still did behavioral health medical stuff, it was really the only decent place in this town....)

It was better than yesterday. Yesterday, after forcing myself into a social situation I thought that I could really manage, I had another one of my extreme lows. I was so sick of feeling crap like that all the time at that point that I went straight to my GPs and booked to see a doctor, for today. So today I did one of the biggest things i've done for myself for a while and finally went to seek help with what I can do to treat my silly, **** social anxieties and self-defeating, depressive qualities and so now i'm going to see what groups/charities I can contact at to make my situation at least a little better as well as look the support which is going to be available once I pop off to uni in a months time. Oh, and I also helped my Dad with the shopping alongside the surprisingly wholesome rescue of an ASDA shopping trolley so that was fun, too, I guess.

So, yeah, today has been better and i'm glad i'm finally realising that I am legitimately struggling with my mental health, that i'm not brushing it under the rug like i've been pressured to do in the past and that i'm finally starting to pursue the help that i've need for a long time coming.

uh so yeah thanks for reading x

I feel quite tired today since I've had to get up early again now but I think I'll get more used to it soon. I do wonder if I'll get used to early mornings or just the tiredness that comes with them! At least I don't have a terrible number of classes for this period so I can give myself time to recharge.

Today's been nice, I've been binging on Sims 4 but still managed to clean the whole apartment because my boyfriend's dad is coming over for tonight. He also promised to bring us some food to eat and challenged us to a golf tournament on xbox, so a fun night ahead! 

Nice quiet day here. Have the windows open for fresh air for the first time in a couple of months (thanks cooler weather!) Playing Mario Kart on my DS and remembering how much it makes my thumbs hurt to avoid blue shells :D

its been a chilled day, i been watching GTA rp stream on twitch and just on and off listen to music

I thought it was going to be good when I woke up this morning, but I was wrong. I failed an important (non-school) test, got an F on a paper (which never happens--I'm a perfectionist that never stops pushing myself to get straight A's), my friend dropped our plans for this weekend that I was looking forward to, and I still haven't heard from maybe-ex-boyfriend. I'm so sick of being stressed all the time.

I've had the flu for nearly a week now but tonight is one of the worst nights I've had since I got it. My nose was constantly running at work, and I had to blow my nose several times. I was putting freight into the back room when I felt my nose dripping. I went to wipe it and my hands were covered in blood. I ended up getting a nosebleed.

It took over 20 minutes to finally taper off and now my nose is very sore. I think I'm going to spend the rest of the night in bed and hope that tomorrow is better.

Yesterday I got a fancy crayfish for my tank, I've been wanting one of these for a while but never saw one in the stores, they only had one so I got pretty lucky.

40940613_530478960732000_4940348855926390784_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=dbb89416129fbc34c47e30e7096c8c18&oe=5BF1936C

He was kinda expensive but is very healthy, went right to eating the moment I fed the fish

Edited by blockEdragon