xeyla

The "How was your Day" thread

HeatherMarie

Yes, he is the local County VA Rep and he tried to get hold of someone in the major VA office down south of us.  Had to leave a message and the rep said that he would call me no later than today...  We'll see, lol.  I'm not even sure why I have to go thru this rep, but was told that it was necessary???

If it falls thru on his end, I'll go to my friend at DMV who suggested this and see what's, what.  I mean, I have the Dr's signature and that was all the app seemed to ask for???  

Aside from that, you're having to deal with heat as well?  I've been getting, or I should say that the weather has been getting up to over 100F most days, now that it's summer.  For the next couple of months it will steadily increase.  Last year my little city went up to 116F for a few days, so I know what you're dealing with.  I have one small window A/C in my bedroom and I will soon turn it on and leave it on for the rest of summer to give me a haven of coolness.  Too bad that I can't just get me an Ice Dragon to live in for awhile, lol.

_________________________________________________________________________________-

HeatherMarie

An update:  Just got a call from the County guy and he told me that my letter for the fee reduction is in the mail...

Yayness!

Edited by Husky51

Today's been a pleasant day since I got home from vacation and it was an interesting experience all around. While it was cool to stay in a hotel in another country, it was just as cool to come back home too. My left leg is definitely feeling relieved about being back home since all the walking made it extra painful. :lol:

Today's been normal and fine for me. I got onto my computer and mostly played Elsword, ate lunch, and just lowkey skipped dinner. I was able to talk to my friend, who is currently on vacation though, which was really fun and it made me happy.

Today has been frustrating. Deliberately switched my work schedule around to be able to help with envelope-stuffing for payroll today, but something went wrong somewhere and nothing was ready at all by the time I had to leave. Didn't even get to *start* any of it. And transportation was way late picking me up, which always makes my anxiety horrible. 

I’m ready for the week to be over and it’s only tuesday.

Phone bricked and had to buy a new one.

Someone at work hit my car.

....and the vet called to tell us our dog has cancer.

I’m waiting for a meteor at this stage

Well, it's 10:42 in the morning and it's already 104 degrees outside, which should say something about how my day is going. We tried so hard to get up early to get our grocery shopping over with before it got too hot, but nope, already too hot! And there was an unexpected sale on a type of meat the store doesn't usually carry anymore, so we *had* to buy it, which meant spending $12 I really don't have to spare.

Spending this month up north with my dad. It's been kinda warm today, a bit cloudy towards the evening but it should get real hot again next week. Hooray.

Overall a really quiet day. Took a walk in the woods but otherwise I've just been playing videogames and chatting with either my dad or my friends.

Well, I finally found a website-blocker extension that actually works for my needs, so I got an entire hour of editing done without pausing because I literally *couldn't* get distracted by DC. This extension doesn't seem to have an 'off' mode, instead you schedule freetime-breaks and all time not scheduled as freetime everything is blocked, which means when I'm done editing for the day I'll have to just turn off the extension... But knowing me, the harder it is to find loopholes the better, so I guess that's good. On the bad side of things, mom's pinched nerve is worse today then it has been the past few days, thought it was getting better but this morning she woke up in a lot of pain. Missed church for the 3rd week in a row because of that.

Pretty boring. I've just been thinking about a lot. I really want to buy my boyfriend concert tickets to see his favorite artist as a birthday surprise, but the venue is a 4 hour drive from his place. This could be a once in a lifetime opportunity, but is that too far to expect him to drive? I just don't know. I need to figure it out soon. I wish I could make it to the show that's going to be closer to him.

Well, I'm just starting my day now. But yesterday was okay! My girlfriend and I have been doing the keto diet so we're in the middle of adjusting to the new energy source. I was pretty tired at work and after, but I perked up a little once we had dinner. But also since its been so hot, we've had an explosion of ants in our house 😕 We came home yesterday and they were EVERYWHERE. They even got into my rat cage. So I spent like two hours deep cleaning the cage and moving it upstairs, and then spraying the heck out of the perimeter of our house and windows with ant spray. I hope that does it. I really hate ants. 

Today has been alright so far, though it's only 9am, lol. Yesterday was a little frustrating at work, for some reason my computer is the only one in the building that still has some older version of some software so whenever they need to use that software my desk is taken over. I don't do well with change, especially change with no notice, so getting to work and seeing that I can't use my desk all day is just.... Ugh. Also, I *hate* repeatedly asking coworkers for things, I hate feeling like I'm bugging them or thinking they might get annoyed with me, but a lot of what I do depends on other people giving me information. Like the current vendor list so I can start making folders for this new fiscal year. I've been asking for over a month now. 

The day was good, turned bad, now it's past midnight in my timezone so technically it's a new day today, I suppose?

I... I'm giving up trying to have fun, it's not doing good for me.

The last couple of days have been kinda lousy.  I came down with the crud, had to call out of work cause I was running a fever, and I'm very tired but I can't sleep 'cause I can't breathe well.  Had poor luck  hunting in DC even though I could be up at night, and the friend who always says we'll do stuff together online if we both have a night off kept dipping out on me; would even hold up a conversation.  I want to go back to bed now but I have to stay up for the repairman coming to tear out part of my bathroom ceiling to fix a leak.

I've had a rough couple weeks so I'm glad that I have one more work shift to slog through and then I'm on vacation for 10 days. I've been feeling a bit sick, so I hope it's just an upset stomach.

Edited by Zinogre

I'm waiting for my prescription at the ER, so not so good. Thankfully an amazing friend will be bringing me dinner and a ride home soon.

2 hours ago, The Dragoness said:

I'm waiting for my prescription at the ER, so not so good. Thankfully an amazing friend will be bringing me dinner and a ride home soon.

The ER? Yikes, I hope you are okay!

My day was alright, although I really really hate this whole 'having to get up and do errands really early because of the heat' thing. I'm just not a morning person! Going grocery shopping at 9am is just ridiculous for me. But when it gets to 110+ degrees in the afternoon that's what has to happen.

I just had my heart wrenched out and stomped on. So disappointed right now. Not going to explain.

On a side note, we had a fire at work, and it was put out before I arrived, but htat kept us closed an extra half hour to clean up and prep. the stove was off until a mechanic could come in , get it reset up and clear us for its use.

I got woken up due to a mixture of my neighbours banging around outside and the heat in my bedroom. It's supposed to get to get up to 26C/34C humidex and it's already 18C/24C humidex.

This isn't normal weather for us and I'm already sweating.

My day has been pretty great, had pizza for dinner while watching the F1 Grand Prix from TV. Also took a small walk earlier in the day, wandered to a whole new part of the forest nearby and it was super pretty! The non-stop heat is getting to me though, I've been sleeping super badly and I have no energy to do anything during the day. A northener like me is not made for continous days of over 30 degrees Celsius!

My day has actually started out fairly great... It's not quite 9am yet so who knows how the rest of the day will go, but so far I am pleasantly surprised. Had to get up super-early to go to DES to renew foodstamps, which usually takes at *least* 2-3 hours and in the past there have been multiple times I've had to wait 5+ hours. I was really not looking forward to that. But it seems they've changed how they deal with the lines, more workers able to help more people at once, *and* they didn't insist on me taking paperwork to my job like they did the last two times. I was in and out in less then a half an hour, which is just totally unheard of with that place! So yeah, I'm pretty happy right now.

My work is providing a whole variety of interesting stories from funny, to scary to WTF gross.

I work in a restaurant. Last week we had a fire, that cause us to open half an hour late, without our stove for most of the lunch hour. Today our grill caught fire, but unlike hte stove, we didn't get the fire department involved. instead the AKM poured box after box of salt onto it. I chimed in that he "assaulted it"... but that is not the tale I want to tell...and it is not necessarily our fault in this case, but I am sure somewhere we could have intervened - if we realised what was going on.

In the summer, flies abound, and well small "fruit flies" which are interested in anything aside of fruit..

We get our kitchen towels brought in once a week, they pick up hte used ones to take and launder. We should have about 600 coming in and out, but the last couple weeks we only had less than 100 to last us an entire week. The owner, ML, was getting a bit irritated with this because we should be getting more. So this morning when the guy comes in she asks him, "whats the deal, where are our towels?" he replies that they must be in the house. She said she gestured to where we keep them and explained we don't have any. So she and the pickup guy (is there a term for this bloke?) go to the back to where the towels are put each night -  well... this is where the flies come in..... You see, as soon as she opeend up the bin, she encountered it seething with  maggots. All over the lid, up the sides "just white and moving". Had I been there I would have just turned and squicked away... I can handle maggots - I have had a face full before -  but I don't like lots of anything. She said the guy sort of looked at it in horror and proceeded to remove the foul rags out and bag them up. She said in the bottom of the bin was an even grottier green sack with dozens of grungy towels. That was where our missing towels were. To spare the towel dude an encounter with the wiggling kind, she handed him a pair of tongs.

So, it seems that whoever was picking them up before, was not wanting to remove the towels from the bin, and only took the ones that were not alive. They did not inform us that there was a problem - likely because if they did they'd have to remove the wiggle ones. Why the person at night was not informing anyone of the problem is beyond me, unless they felt that they'd have to be the ones to wash the worm-things out and deal with the mess when they'd rather go home -  plus I s peculate there is something about potential for nightmares there. Anyway, ML assured me she has a tough stomach and she washed the bin of its brood with the floor cleaner. hosed it right out until it gleamed, then placed a garbage bag inside so that they guy next week could just tie that up and not worry about having to dive head first into the pit of worms.

We are glad we got it now because that generation would have overwhelmed us with a small fly explosion. We've been making efforts to ensure our kitchen is very clean -  especially after last weeks minor fire. We have to replace one piece of equipment that is a firehazard, and that will cost us over 9000 dollars. (not even trying to use that joke this time).

The problem is a lack of communication, and the lack of anyone wanting to deal with the problem. I would not want to be the one playing that fear factor game.

Well, this weekend may turn out to be really freaking horrible. I woke up from a nap about an hour ago and it was way hotter then it should've been in here, we keep the A/C around 83 in the summer and that's where the marker was at but the actual temp in here was (and still is) over 90. The A/C usually goes on and off automatically, I turned the temp down even more to see what would happen and it's been running continuously for roughly an hour now and it hasn't gotten *any* cooler in here. 6pm at night at the temp outside is 104, we *need* working A/C in this heat!! Got ahold of the office before they closed, they said Emergency Maintenance will be here soon, but if they can't fix it right away they'll have to install temporary manual A/Cs.... Ugghhh. Really not a fun thing to wake up to.

Had a really good/fun day. I'm planning a vacation, and tomorrow I purchase my plane ticket. :D

Today's supposed to be the last really hot day in a while (over 30C/86F) and I couldn't be happier. We've had this heatwave for about a month now and it's absolutely killing me, I have no energy to do anything during the day and I can't sleep at night. I know some of you get lot higher temperatures than this every year, but for where I'm from, this is highly extraordinary, so our houses and the infrastructure is not ready for this kind of heat. Our buildings are built to keep the heat in when the temperature hits -30C(-22F) and since we usually have about a week of high temperatures in the summer, practically no one has A/Cs. The fans were also sold out from most stores already when the heat began, so there's no help from that either. I feel like I have just been half-living this whole month in some kind of limbo, constantly feeling bad physically and mentally, and I can't wait for it to finally end.