xeyla

The "How was your Day" thread

Was going great, until I am at work and went out to get something out of my car and locked my keys in the car.  Spare key is all the way at my house 35 mins away.  Waiting on MIL to come get me (hopefully she remembers where my work is) and my lunch is sitting in my car :( I am starving.

My morning was horrible, I slept in a little and when I got to work, there were no computers or desks available so I couldn't actually work. At home, I made coffee for me and my partner and managed to drop his favorite mug. He didn't really mind though, it just made me super sad. But later I got to work on my garden patch and it was such a hard job but it made me so satisfied !Now laying in bed, feeling very sleepy.

Oh man was the biology exam terrifying. I think I did worse than I did with math on Tuesday. The exam week is finally over now though so I'm feeling oddly relaxed. :) Things weren't feeling exactly great yesterday and it hasn't changed that much today but at least I'll be able to have some time to relax for now.

I'm still trying to process a lot of things but at least I'm not crying non-stop anymore. I'm so stressed and waiting on news isn't helping matters.

Pretty average so far. It's warm and sunny outside but I don't feel like going out there, I hate hot weather.

After all my car troubles and all the money I've spent on the damn thing, I might just be getting a new one. Everything is stressful and overwhelming. A bit sad, because I love my cute little Beetle, but also exciting because my goodness do I want a new car. 

Well it's a tad after midnight, so technically yesterday, but it was AWESOME!! More accurately, it was normal and boring for the most part, with an hour of ickyness when I had an anxiety attack while showering... And then at 11:30pm mom said something about the night watchman at our apartment complex calling to say there was a package outside our door, which I thought was really really weird, but then I opened the door and it was my stepdad! He came to visit for my birthday and baptism on Sunday! I was so surprised and happy, it just totally made my entire week. 

18 hours ago, StormWizard212 said:

After all my car troubles and all the money I've spent on the damn thing, I might just be getting a new one. Everything is stressful and overwhelming. A bit sad, because I love my cute little Beetle, but also exciting because my goodness do I want a new car. 

I bought a new car today. :D Pretty good day! (Well I've ordered it... I won't actually get it for a few months, but I'm still excited.) 

I've been lucky with DC lately, I've grouped up today my special lineages (spriter alts, thuweds) and surprised how fast I've started collecting them. I don't have a third gen dorkface yet though...

Day was okay for awhile, but then it got crappy and now I can't pull myself out of the ickyness. Went out to eat and then to the movies (which we always do when my stepdad visits) but mom stubbornly refused to take her walker, and had a really hard time getting out of the seat after the movie, and ended up crying on the way to the car because she was in so much pain. It always really freaks me out to see mom like that, and she says she's fine now but I can't seem to push it out of mind enough to be happy again. 

I've had all these plans today, and I've done none of them. I was going to wake up early, decided that another hour and a half of sleep was needed, so there went that plan. The only thing I've done so far is cook my rice for later and turned the clothes dryer on. I'm so lazy today.

Warning: Coarse language ahead: <rant>

One would never threaten a person with - lets say a peanut allegy with peanuts. WHy would a person threaten someone who is triggered by perfumes with that perfume. Had she sprayed me. I would have A: left to shower - the smell is so intense to me that its unbearable even with indirect spray - I usually have to wash my coats after she's been around because of the intensity. And B: I would have seen about pressing charges - because that would be assault.

As it stands my head is pounding.

As someone who pranks, I do not play a prank on someone if they are going to be in anyway harmed. Usually I check to see what they are doing, because there is no way I find hurting someone to be funny.

I am also horrendously embarrassed that she managed to elicit a reaction out of me in the manner that she did. I was suddenly panicked and fearful for my well being. Clearly she and several others have no ****ing clue as to what it is like to get migraine.

Another fact is, I have had FAR less migraine since I haven't had to cross shifts with her and her obnoxious fragrance.

I get the feeling some people consider migraines nothing but a big joke. It isn't. I may not speak for everyone who suffers them, but there are days when I wish I would just die instead of having them.

So if people think I simply dislike the perfume. its not that. Its I dislike how I get severe pain that can cause me to have to call in sick the next day because it was so badly rooted in.

So frag you and your obnoxious stench. </rant>

The summer courses began today and I feel like I'll be able to do well enough. English is my strongest subject so I'm not at all worried about the assignments we'll have soon. Even though it feels quite exhausting to have to go to classes when we're supposed to have a holiday, I'm glad I've taken the courses as it means that I'll have to choose just 12 courses instead of 15 for the final year. ^_^

Today's been...mediocre. I had a chill start of the day, tried to cross things off my to-do-list that have been sitting there for too long. Had fun for two hours while gardening, returned home and saw a response to the e-mail I wrote, asking a repair shop for how much it would cost to fix the dent on my car. They said that since the damage looks quite big, it would probably be cheaper to just buy a new mudguard and replace it, and not to try the dent repair-technique they are using. I was hoping this would be an issue that would be resolved with that, my dad's been constantly reminding me that it should get fixed fast but I just don't know what to do now. Since it's not even me who dented the car but my boyfriend, I do not want to deal with this at all, but he knows even less about car stuff than me, plus he gets super anxious about this issue too so it doesn't feel right to just tell him to figure it out (he also promised to pay for it all, since we waited so long that it would be pretty rude to contact the other guy involved who politely gave his contact info and ask for him to chip in, especially since the accident was not really anyone's fault). I'm just so stressed about this and I feel so bad that my parents keep nagging to me about it even though I know it should be fixed asap. I just wanna curl up and hide from all of my problems.

There were no chocolate biscuits for chocolate biscuit day at work. The horror, the horror! 

I had to call in sick to work today, after waking up dizzy and coughing uncontrollably. It's really frustrating because for a long time my anxiety was so bad at work that I would jump at *any* excuse to call in (like, mom not feeling well? let me stay home to take care of her!). But now I'm actually doing really great at work, no anxiety at all most of the time, *and* today was day-before-payday, which is my very favorite day to work because I get to stuff all the payroll envelopes. So missing that is not fun. (Also, yesterday was my birthday and it was..... Not Good. I mean, parts were, but there was a very very icky part, and it's still kind of weighing on me.)

Feeling a little tired but not enough to sleep and I have things to do today,

Overall I feel pretty good. I think I got over my little stomach bug!

The entire past week has been chaotic and stressful and way way too busy, but thankfully we are nearing the end of that. Woke up early this morning (it's currently 8:25am and I never ever get up this early on a non-work day) to finish the last of the bagging/boxing and make sure I have time to pack the stuff we'll be taking to the motel... Made lists last night to hopefully make it less stressful/overwhelming, but the long lists actually are doing the opposite... On the plus side, I'm very interested to see how my dog will act at a motel, he's never been to one before. Looking forward to taking him for walks where he *doesn't* know every single scent already.

My work brought in Cinnabon cinnamon rolls and chocolate milk for the whole floor. And today has been a really good work day, been really productive so far today. c:

Unpleasantly unproductive. I have a lot of stuff to do before Thursday evening, none of which I feel like doing. I need to get more on top of myself, because I'm burning through the day via methods I won't remember later. :lol:

No but seriously procrastination is a blood-thirsty brain-killer. :(

Started off good (like a lot of stories in here), but I went to a gov't office to find out why I haven't received my letter of acceptance for a disability approval for the reduction of my car registration fee's.  Nothing was questioned except the the person I was talking to said that I shouldn't even be applying because approval "required 100% disability through the VA"!  I pointed out that there were three options and that I fit the 2nd category (which was plainly marked) that required me to need assistance in walking (wheelchair, cane, braces, etc) and he wasn't even aware of that option...

Oh, option three was if I was totally blind...  Now, NO, I would not be the one driving in that case, but I could own the vehicle and have a driver..

So, anyway, a setback, but I've educated this person and am hoping for the best....

@Husky51 Was that person an employee? (Wasn't totally sure with your wording) It always really frustrates me when I go somewhere to get help and I end up knowing more about the law and procedures then the people working there! 

My day was okay, a very-deserved lazy day after so many hectic cleaning days. Of course couldn't enjoy it by actually going anywhere since just stepping outside feels like I'm in an oven, but I usually prefer to stay home anyways so I guess that was fine.

Not great. I was moved to a different shift at work with almost no warning, which means getting home later and less sleep. Family drama is still lingering as always. I am excited about going on a short trip next week, but also anxious because it might be the last one for a very long time. My fall courses are also creeping up so fast. I guess I'm just seeing the glass as half empty right now.

Since my week started with the news that repairing our car would probably cost over 1000 euros and I was glooming over that for the past few days, I really needed something else to think about. Well, my partner just got informed that he was accepted to university!! I'm so super proud of him, he's been trying for the last three years and although I have always know that he's a smart guy, he was really starting to doubt himself after these setbacks. Now when the semester starts he can also quit the job that's really been draining him physically and emotionally! Even though I'm sure lectures and exams will be stressful too, it's a different kind of stress that does not come from dealing with people who do not know how to do their job. This calls for a celebration!