xeyla

The "How was your Day" thread

Today was nice and sunny and of course it's DC's birthday so that was fun to watch. I worked hard at school so I thought i'd be good and cook some bacon dowsed in honey for the family and to reward myself. But then my mum rushed home like she always does, screeched at me and essentially kicked me out the kitchen so the bacon bits were left to my dad and of course they were burnt afterwards. 

So that was fun.

Well, my day is great so far!!!  I was able to get 8 Eggs from the New Birthday Drop and gender and influence them all and was able to do all this in under 10 minutes!!!  A record for me...  Of course it helped that I didn't have to wait forthe 5-minute drops between each Egg...

I went to the doctor today (I've totally lost my voice) and was told that I should take the rest of the week off work. It'll give me a chance to recover my voice, which I can't work without, but taking time off always stresses me out and I feel guilty about it, even though I know it's the best thing to do. :(

2 hours ago, StormWizard212 said:

I went to the doctor today (I've totally lost my voice) and was told that I should take the rest of the week off work. It'll give me a chance to recover my voice, which I can't work without, but taking time off always stresses me out and I feel guilty about it, even though I know it's the best thing to do. :(

Oh no! I hope you feel better soon. I understand the stress of not being able to work, but your co-workers will probably feel better knowing you're recovering instead of stressing yourself out further, or chancing them to get sick. I always hated taking sick days when I worked at my old vet clinic, but everyone appreciates it when you take care of yourself so you can better do your job in the future :D Hang in there, and drink some tea!

I, personally, just got my day started at work. Got my coffee, need to get some oatmeal since I'm STARVING, and everything is nice and quiet. I'm supposed to be working on a pre-qualification package, but I'm being lazy. I might write some fanfiction, though, since my current obsession isn't leaving my train of thought for longer than a few moments at a time. I just hope my girlfriend's dad (who is my boss...) doesn't find out, haha! Plans today include shopping for new clothes and shoes, since we're going to have a getaway weekend in Palm Springs this weekend. I've never been, but GF says it's a lot of fun. And then next weekend, I'm going to Korea. Whoo! First time off the continent (except for, like, Hawaii. Which I don't think really counts since it's the same country, haha!). 

I'm currently at the point of sickness where I either give in and go to urgent care or... Um, not sure if there is another option actually. My doctor isn't available at all this week so I can't see her. I'm supposed to work tomorrow and I'm going to be majorly upset if this stupid illness makes me miss work, especially because this pay-period is supposed to be a super-big paycheck for me because of the way the dates fall. I'd really hate to lose that (or be forced to use what little PTO I have to keep that...). I'm a little pissed at my mom right now (although I definitely won't say so) because she posted on Facebook that I'm really sick and she's worried and she got everyone *really* worried and freaked out because this time last year I was sick and ended up in the hospital in a coma... So tons of my friends are freaking out thinking I'm heading to the hospital again and I'm like 'omg it's just a freaking cough'. I mean it's a deep cough, with sinus issues, but seriously it has nothing to do with why I was in the hospital last year.

..... Oops, sorry for that rant.

I've been sick, ahh. today has been better, just feeling overall icky. I feel bad though, everyone in my house got sick, and I've been neglecting my poor dragons until the last minute and not been as active as I'd like to be. >*<

Work today has been good, if terribly slow, but that's okay. Hopefully the rest of the day goes good as well so I can get back into the swing of things.

My favourite toasted sandwich place stopped delivering to my house months ago and I've been living in toasted sandwich induced sadness ever since. But today, for no good reason, the place popped up again on UberEats. I put everything I was doing on hold and ordered one immediately. :lol: I might be sick and I might have lost my voice, but it's a good day after all! 

Got one more final out of the way. Only have one left and I will be done for the semester... Tired though but also glad to see I passed the math class...

I've been getting some studying done that I completely neglected this weekend. The temperature outside has also dropped a bit so it's a bit more bearable to function (and not at all justified to sit inside all day anymore). 

Pretty amazing day. My daughter had surgery this morning to have tubes put in her ears so she could get rid of all these dang ear infections and drain the fluid and gunk in them to help her hear better.  Then, my son whom as of a month ago was so far behind in credits to graduate H.S. and we figured that he was going to just have to get his GED. Well, today at 3 pm he had caught up all the online classes to get those credits caught up and pass all his regular classes and he gets to walk the stage tomorrow!! 

Today was amazing. 

Done with this semester of college so that's good.

I'm still sick, so that's rubbish, but a pay rise came through today so I'm pretty happy. :D Yay more money! 

I was all set to enjoy a showing of the Ghibli Studios movie "Porco Rosso" at a movie theater.  I have seen it a number of times at home, but this was the first time in a theater.  Unfortunately it was dubbed in English and it put me off immediately.  I enjoy the Japanese versions with English subtitles.   I don't think that I well ever go to an English dubbed Ghibli again...

My day was okay. I had so much trouble getting out of bed in the morning but I finally managed and got to work. My partner has a few entrance exams coming up and he's super anxious and stressed so it's a bit hard to be home right now. I've been trying to cheer him up and be there to support him but it's so hard not to get frustrated when all he does is talk himself down. But after I went to the gym and had a great workout, I felt so much better and I hope I infected him with some positive energy too. I'm so emphatic that I immediately pick up on his emotions, so just getting some distance makes me happier and a better partner for him, too. 

So far it's been pretty good. Felt really lazy and tired when I woke up, took me almost an hour to get up. My mom is out of town this weekend so I had to visit her place to feed our cat and keep him company for a while. Did my laundry there too (thanks, mom!). Then I headed back home.

My day has been alright, went to get my hair washed and there was a new worker and she was soooo good, it felt wonderful. Then went grocery shopping with my mom and I got a bit anxious, because despite going to the same grocery store for 8+ years the two things I had free coupons for I just could not find anywhere. I am currently listening to music while naming dragons and deliberately ignoring the pile of dishes that *needs* to be done today.

It was my first day back at work after being sick. Within half an hour of talking, my voice was already feeling croaky again. I'm worried I'm going to lose it again! Other than being tired and generally weak feeling, it was a decent enough day. My boss was super nice to me because she's the best. :D 

The math exam is tomorrow and I still haven't learned how to solve some of the more complicated questions. I've been trying to do some exercises for practice but I wouldn't say it's going well. :lol: Business math really isn't my thing - maybe I'll pass the course with a scarcely passing grade though. I really wouldn't be asking for more!

Once again, I felt like the work I was doing on the research project I'm in is super meaningless and no one even cares whether I do it or not. Luckily, I went to my boss to get her signature on some papers today and she was so genuinely nice to me and really cared about how my work is going that it made the whole deal feel worth it again. She is probably the person I look most up to career-wise, she is super tough and never lets anyone cross her, but in the meantime she's the nicest, funniest, just overall best kind of person to her employees and co-workers. On top of that, she's one of the most influential researchers on our field. I wish she will be supervising my master's thesis next semester!

A little frustrating, turns out my meds too little to stop me from taking something way worse than I need to. On the upside, friend came over and we had fun. And I got blessed by a baby rat still so new to the world it didn’t know that human = potential danger.

I stayed up super late working on a project for school, so I didn't get up until recently, but my day so far has been good, even though it's just been me relaxing and browsing the web. 

Today has been pretty good, went to Walmart looking for a nice outfit to wear on my birthday but didn't find anything that fit right, took my dog for a car ride which is always fun (although he tried to jump out the window twice...). Oh, and at Walmart I got a little battery-operated fan for work because I really really really need it at work (the storage room I often work in doesn't get any of the air conditioning, and it's currently 102 degrees outside). 

Today was a good a day! Except when the dog peed on the floor again 😕