xeyla

The "How was your Day" thread

Better than yesterday, but I'm sick of relying on inconsiderate people. Professors, family, etc. My mom's gift for Mothers Day also hasn't even shipped yet, even though I requested two-day shipping a over a week ago. I don't know what I'm going to tell her...

Pretty good! Went for a drive to the bank with all the dogs in the car, which they (mostly) enjoyed, then spent the rest of the day enjoying the nice weather then eating pizza and watching South Park. :P

My day was good, but I was so late home from work! I had to catch up with my big boss because I've needed to all week about a time sensitive issue, but she has been constantly busy. I waited an hour after I'd usually go home tonight before I even got to see her then I was in her office for another hour going over the thing I needed to talk to her about. So it was so late by the time I got home! I was at work for 11 hours today in total, which I haven't done for quite a while. 

Edited by StormWizard212

My day was good! It was a holiday here where I live so I finished one assignment for uni and worked on finishing touches for another one. That + one exam left and then I'm done for the semester! I'm leaving for a weekend trip at my parents' place tomorrow and I get to see my sister after a long time. It's also Eurovision weekend so I'm super pumped for the weekend!

My day was okay up until google play services decided to update and crash my tablet other then that was a pretty decent day

My day has been very emotional and frustrating and sad. Tomorrow is my boss's last day of work, and I don't work Fridays so today was the last day I'd get to see her. She's been my boss for at least 5 years, and she's been with the company almost 10 years so I've known her a long time. I gave her a present and a card, and when I left today we hugged and I got a coworker to take a picture of us so I'd have that reminder always. My new boss is okay, I mean he's nice and I've already talked to him about my normal issues so he knows what to expect and he seems real great, but I'm really really going to miss her. 

Then mom and I went on errands, I fell in the doctor-office's parking lot because there was this metal contraption sticking out from a car that I didn't see, scrapped my hands up... And then (again!) the car's gear shift got stuck. We were stuck in the middle of the parking lot blocking multiple cars for a good 10 minutes, mom was just getting ready to call AAA when the gear shift finally moved. *grumbles about stupid car and mom not calling the mechanic and ugghhh*

Yesterday was fine. I was mentally drained though so that didn't do much good for me. Today was okay...  though my body is, oddly, very sore and my arms hurt and I'm not sure if it is because I moved four couches just recently...

well, not exactly sure how I did it, but I hit the knife with my right hand and cut my finger deep enough to get three stiches.

Today was pretty good, went out to eat with mom for Mother's Day (although the food wasn't that great, we had fun anyways). Gave her the stack of presents I've been stockpiling for months and she was very excited (she told me not to get her tons of stuff because she's worried about finances, but I kept seeing awesome little things on sale!). A little worried about mom starting physical therapy tomorrow morning, but hoping it will go well.

My day was pretty miserable. On top of being sick, my car (which I just got back from an expensive service two weeks ago) totally conked out. I have no idea what's wrong with it but I'm expecting another pricey bill. :(

Day has been pretty crappy so far. Was woken up early by noisy gardeners. Neighbor-friend came over and stayed way too long and annoyed me a lot. We went to the 99cent store and I suddenly realized I felt something wet against my side.... My water bottle had come open inside my purse and soaked everything. All my receipts, my money, the 10-page poem I keep in there to calm my anxiety, MY CDS that I keep in there to calm anxiety, two of which I do not have backups or copies of.... Of course that led to huge anxiety attack, which included me sitting on the floor petting a stuffed animal for 15-ish minutes while trying not to cry. It's only 3pm and I've already taken my maximum daily limit of anxiety pills. 

@HeatherMarie I hope your day got a little better after that! :(

An update on my car situation... The mechanic told me that it's some kind of electrical fault, but they won't know specifically what the problem is until they're able to recreate it while my car is hooked up to their computer. I had the issue twice, a week apart. So who knows how long it'll take. At least they've supplied a good hire car in the meantime. 

My day at work was pretty good, though. We had a morning tea catered and even though my year 7s (12-13 year olds) had to do these unpleasant standardised tests, they all seemed pretty confident about their written pieces and seemed to do a pretty good job. So that was a positive amidst all the car troubles! 

Got to sit on the balcony in the sun for an hour before it rained again lol, but loved it. Went on reading Sylvain Neuvels "Only Human", hopefully find time again for it tomorrow.

Okay... I guess. I've been slowly losing any interest in school and I have not been feeling well so I've been neglecting my duties and responsibilities. sighs

Well I worked hard, today, revising some geography and biology for my upcoming exams. But then I came home to find that the neighbours had completely torn up their garden, including a 20-something year old Cherry tree which heavily overshadowed our garden which I really liked which is a real bummer. Of course, its not my garden so its not my decision to make, but I just feel a bit heartbroken about it, you know? Birds adored that tree, blackbirds came to sing in it and I think Wood Pigeons were even going to start nesting in it (a nest was in the process of being built.)  And now its gone. Forever. Just makes me sad.

10 hours ago, lovecats99 said:

Well I worked hard, today, revising some geography and biology for my upcoming exams. But then I came home to find that the neighbours had completely torn up their garden, including a 20-something year old Cherry tree which heavily overshadowed our garden which I really liked which is a real bummer. Of course, its not my garden so its not my decision to make, but I just feel a bit heartbroken about it, you know? Birds adored that tree, blackbirds came to sing in it and I think Wood Pigeons were even going to start nesting in it (a nest was in the process of being built.)  And now its gone. Forever. Just makes me sad.

Aw that's sad. Seeing beautiful nature destroyed is so heartbreaking regardless of context... The management at the apartment I live at recently decided to tear down a huge tree on a small hill, it looks so bare and sad now. 

My day was alright, better then the past few days. Didn't have much to do at work, which usually leads to anxiety attacks, but I 'made up' something to do (basically started working on gathering and organizing folders for the new files I don't actually need to make until July). Made an appt with a dentist for Monday because my tooth has been hurting so much I can't eat on that side. My insurance no longer covers dental, at all, which meant I called multiple places asking about costs... $135 for a one-tooth exam?! Thankfully I found a place much cheaper then that.

Today is a lot better than yesterday because yesterday I went to the doctor for some vaccinations and my arms hurt all day afterwards. -_- I've mostly just been relaxing and reading today.

Attended a County Historical Commission meeting and enjoyed the meeting.  Got some good news about a wonderful source of local historical photographs that have been opened to me as a County Historical Commissioner.  It will prevent others from using these photos for commercial profit...  And I will have FULL access to them as I have been trying to do for almost a year when I first found out about them and had a sample shown to me...  YAY!

I've honestly had the worst luck lately. I'm driving a rental car while mine gets fixed and today someone smashed into it while it was parked and didn't fess up. I thought it might have happened at work so my lovely boss spent two hours on her Friday night going through CCTV footage for me but didn't find anything. She thinks it might have been a shopping trolley with kids joyriding in it or something, since my car was always parked at the curb when I wasn't at work and the damage is on the passenger side.

I'm going to have to pay the insurance excess which is $1500, which really adds up when you consider that I paid $3000 just a couple of weeks ago to get my own car's internal wear and tear fixed and it's back in at the mechanic two weeks later with an electrical fault which will cost god knows how much. I can't believe my bad luck. :(

Oh my goodness @StormWizard212! That's horrible, I can't imagine having so many problems with one car and then getting a rental car and suddenly sometime expensive happens to that too!

We are having our own car issues... Yesterday mom got stranded at the grocery store when the gear shift wouldn't move yet again. Today we are stuck at home because of it, waiting to hear from our mechanic on if he was able to find a reasonably priced whatever-it-is that needs to be replaced. I finally got the nerve to talk to my mom about selling the car to get something that's actually reliable (we got this car less then a year ago and it has *never* driven reliably for more then a week at a time). So that's a thing that may happen, although it will mean not having a car at all for some amount of time since we'd have to sell the car first in order to get the money to buy another one. This couldn't come at a worse time, I was supposed to get my paycheck today and deposit it so I'd have enough money in the bank to pay the bill I got two days ago, but no working car means that didn't happen. I have that dentist appt Monday, thankfully I was able to reach my peer support about taking me. 

Other then all that crap my day has been alright, got some editing done, got a few dragons named.... Tonight is the SERIES finale of my very very favorite show (Once Upon a Time) and I will not be watching it tonight because I know I'm not emotionally stable enough to deal with that right now. Haven't watched the past two episodes either. I will, eventually, there is no way I can just *not* watch the ending episodes, but not now.

Yesterday was good. I started my park internship yesterday, patrolling and moving koi from isolation tanks to a pond, and I think the people I am interning with possibly already like me?

Not 'day', but my night was horrible. My alarm doesn't go off for another hour but I've already been up almost an hour because I finally gave up on getting back to sleep. Really bad sore throat and sickly-feeling kept me up most of the night.

I went with my sis to an local (highly regarded) art fair yesterday.  Lovely day to start.  I did get a sweet painting of a cat lounging in a New Orleans alleyway with lot of foliage and flowers.  And a couple of smaller things.  I did not get (wish I had) something by an artist who does paintings  of birds and flowers.  They look like embroidery from a distance.  The reason I did not get one was suddenly security was walking around telling the artists to prepare for some wind and rain heading in.  Since it's outdoors, it means tents need to have their coverings down etc. As we are walking to shelter,  I did see one place that waited to long and a porcelain canoe shaped dish with lovely designs on it got blown off the table and smashed. Then the skies opened and it poured for a good while.  End of shopping.

I did nothing at all except play some Red Dead Redemption... Still pretty tired from yesterday. And tomorrow is finals...

My day is not going so well. I've been sick for the past week and I've currently barely got a voice. I don't really feel bad enough to not come to work, though. On Mondays, I reach three different classes of year 7s (12 year olds) that are full to capacity. They are noisy, energetic and I can't get a word in edgeways! I've had to create hand signals for when I want to speak so that they know to hush and listen, otherwise there's no chance they'd hear me. :lol: Voice, please come back soon!