xeyla

The "How was your Day" thread

So far it's been good. I got up early and relaxed for a while, hung out with friends, and now I plan to work hard for the rest of the day and get lots of homework done. :) 

Now, I am sore.

This is more than how was your past two days post.

If you don't already know, I am a line cook (I cook lines :P ) I work in a restaurant.

So every morning we have a prep list to tackle. Pantry (my station) has a particularly large and daunting list (christmas is HELL) my boss and I spoke and I told him at least a half an hour extra in the morning is ideal for my needs. (which he has done - he tried to drop it a couple weeks ago, but I said for my stress levels I *NEED* it case and point follows)  Yesterday, Saturday, I came in for my 10am start, I got checked the list and I had a lot of the tedious things on it, plus fire and Ice balls weren't marked but their space was empty -  an indication to check. I checked and decided we needed 10 and did those to start, followed by the feta, goat cheses and then got the lettuce cut (we needed 24) and the lettuce especially in teh amount I had to do takes anywhere from 15 - 40 minutes to cut and wash. So if I have only an hour to get stuff done, that's taking up the lions share.

I got those out of the way because, I really needed them on line to start, baked my fresh crackers and started the other prep. By about 12 the orders started to come in. from 12 -  5:30 was non stop orders. some trickled in with maybe 5 minutes between or others were, when one order is gone, the next arrived - STEADY. Had I not done the tedious stuff, I would have been utterly swamped and running out of stuff left right and center. -  As I said, my stress levels would have been higher had I Not had that half hour extra to take care of things right off hte bat. The night kid looked like he got killed with desserts. It appeared he had cut more brownies after I had left because none of hte ones in the drawer had date dots on them. I tried to leave him stocked up. I did ask if he could try to get the sauces stocked for me. he couldn't but that is forgiveable under the circumstances. As it was, I did not get out until 5:40 and my upper thighs were complaining.

Today I also had my 30 minutes extra. I doe into the list, doing more feta because we went through 2.5lb of it saturday. Usually I just bag htem, and throw them into a bowl until I get other priorities out the way then I roll and date them.  I had to cook off beans, and quinoa so - a lot of cooking this morning took place in that half hour extra. Plus more fire and Ice balls (its a crumb coated ball of ice cream we deep fry - I love doing them) we did not start getting orders until about 12 again, and we had a slow -  steady -  which meant I had time. but by about 4pm my legs, which were aggravated by yesterday were totally unhappy about the  arrangement today. Needless to say, I am bushed.

I am one of the few people who knows how to handle pantry's prep. Some people I have had in the station take upward to an hour just to do the lettuce.

Not great. I've worked almost every day this week, including a surprise 10 hour shift yesterday. Today was my day to relax, get some cleaning done, and talk to my SO; three things I rarely get to do. My washing machine decided to stop running correctly this morning. That's going to be a pain to have fixed, but at least I can still spend time with my SO, right? Nope. He hasn't said a word to me all day. The icing on the cake is the fact that it's Sunday, so I have to work another long shift tomorrow. 

Today was good, although I am now extra-super-broke.... on the way home from church mom really wanted to go to Cracker Barrel to eat (we were driving right past it) and I knew she could really use a good happy distraction so I said we should go. We don't normally have the extra money required to comfortably afford to go out to eat very often, but sometimes you just need to do something to brighten the day, yunno? It was really good, really fun, etc, but the only way I could convince mom to go was to say I'd pay her back for half of it (I literally had $4 in my purse at the time so I'd have to pay her back later). Then there was a moment of panic when the cashier said mom's card only had $6 on it, she ended up paying with the gas money she'd been saving, but that turned out okay because it turns out she'd just used the wrong card. However, I still need to pay her back for half, and I can't comfortably take it from my bank account without being dangerously low for the bill that's due on the 10th, so I'll have to take it out of my San Diego Trip savings that I'd told myself I wouldn't touch.... Ugh. We already can't go to San Diego for my birthday in June because it's just not enough time to save up, taking money out of the savings means even longer to wait.

Yesterday my mom and I took one of the dogs to the vet for some booster shots. It was a nice drive and at the vet I saw three friendly and very soft greyhounds. :) Today has been less eventful, I've just been doing homework. 

I was an idiot and dropped my phone on the sidewalk, resulting in a small crack. I'm praying that it's just the screen protector. I can't afford to drop another $800 on a decent phone right now :(

My day sort of sucked. I have anxiety issues that flare up at work, especially when I don't have anything to do or there is some unexpected change in routine. Both of those things were true today. Back in February my boss announced she was leaving the company because she was moving out of town, but then they didn't find a suitable replacement (she's head of finance) so she agreed to stay on until they did and work remotely. She comes down every two weeks to help with payday-prep (she only moved about 4 hours away), and it really didn't seem that they would actually get anyone new anytime soon.

Welp they did. When I got there today she told me her last day is next Friday, and introduced me to my new boss. He's alright I guess, didn't really have much time to talk to him today, but because she is staying through next week he can't exactly take over her office yet... Which means the easiest choice is to take over my cubicle, since I'm only there two days a week. I understand it's the easiest choice, but ugghhhhhhh not having my stuff at hand is so frustrating! The desk I'm temporarily working at has no computer, which isn't always essential for my job but it's definitely frustrating not to have, and of course my desk drawer has all my personal stuff (snacks, tissues, pens, paper clips, etc) so I'm without all that. And I didn't have much to do today, and unless I can get some actual answer on which boxes can be broken down I won't have much to do for most of tomorrow either. 

My day was pretty good. :) Better than yesterday. I started teaching a text today that I've been looking forward to. It's one of my favourites so it's exciting to get started with it again for the year. ^_^ That made it a good day.

It was okay: I got a bit of revision done and practised my source essay writing skills but it was also class photos day, today, so that was rather annoying.

I've been really tired but hopefully today will be better than yesterday was. Yesterday I had a really bad headache and it was hard to do any schoolwork...

I took myself out for lunch and sat down for about an hour at a cafe with a book I needed to start reading. It was raining outside, but it was really relaxing and nice. It's been a long time since I've sat somewhere other than home and just read for a solid chunk of time. ^_^ 

My day has been very good, this morning I played with a new friend on Overwatch and had a lot of fun, the weather is nice, had some spicey chicken wraps which were really tasty. Then I got gifted a CB gold from a very good friend! 

It was good! I made some wonderful cheesy scones and gingerbread biscuits and finished off all my homework in time for the bank holiday. :) 

Emotional. My mom's doctor's funeral was today, I didn't go but she did, so of course she's been upset all day. I've been kind of 'meh' all day, but nothing too bad... Until we went to the dollar store (our favorite place, literally go there 5+ times a week). Got some stuff we needed, and a few things we didn't, and then got in the car... And the gear shift wouldn't move. I don't know much about cars but mom was trying to move it in order to back up and it just wouldn't move. She said we may have to call a cab, and that's when we realized we *both* left our phones at home. I regularly leave my cell at home when I'm with mom because there is no one else who would need to reach me immediately, but she *always* has hers. Except today. We both panicked a bit, I went back in the dollar store to ask them if I could use a phone to call a friend to see if they could pick us up, but thankfully the gear shift thing finally moved and we were able to get home ourselves. ...... THIS is why I insist on paying for work-transportation to and from work, despite mom insisting that her car runs perfectly fine. (Also, my anxiety was of course sky-high by the time we actually got home and I'm only now starting to calm down.)

A complete and utter waste of my time... ://

14 minutes ago, sh20000sh said:

I spent my whole day with headache.

I hope you feel better tomorrow. :(

I had lunch with a friend today I hadn't seen for a while so that was nice. We went to a place I haven't tried before and it was great, so it's definitely a keeper for the future. ^_^ 

Little stressful all weekend.  Sorting papers out to be dropped off with the tax attorney 'cause the IRS is gettin' into it with your 2014 taxes is a real hassle - but actually I'm not surprised they got a red flag or two from that year.  A trust my great-grandmother left to me & my sibs finally passed from the hands of the remaining original trustees to the maintenance of the bank (a different bank than the original one, at that), so there was a metric f****kton of paperwork associated with the transfer of oversight.  And it's not even the first time the IRS has targeted the trust; luckily all the paperwork for that situation was in order & made it clear they had no ground for any claim that we owed them, so things were resolved in our favor then.  Hopefully it will be again.

And that was the year my dad died, so, y'know, there's that & all the inheritance issues that go along with it, 'specially since he didn't have a will.  Make a will, kids, even if you think you have plenty of time.  It'll save your loved ones a boatload of stress should something unexpected happen :(.

Well, it's currently 102 degrees outside, so my day has been.... Hot. We got our errands done early before it got *that* bad, but it was still low-90s. Mom and I both skipped church today, I had stomach issues and her leg was hurting too bad. Currently sitting here with my fan pointed right on me, procrastinating on editing. Oh, and I just realized we didn't go to Supercuts this weekend, so either we need to go tomorrow or Tuesday or I'm just going to have to keep my hair in a ponytail so it doesn't look so dirty (explanation: I have a very serious phobia when it comes to showering and can't wash my hair in the shower without major panic attacks, so it's easier to just go get it washed once a week.)

All day today, other than doing a project for school, was spent recovering from yesterday. We had a horse that was 45 years old and decided that yesterday was the day to have her put down when she could no longer stand up. It was sad, but at the same time I'm relieved that she's no longer in pain and it comforts me knowing that she lived a good, very long life.

I had a really good day! After work, I had a professional development session that gave some really useful, practical tips on how to help students revise and note-take more effectively. It had a number of suggestions I hadn't heard before and I'm really excited to start implementing them into my classes. I felt like I learnt a lot and left the session bursting with ideas. :D So I'm in a great mood now! 

@aqub Just saw your post. I'm so sorry to hear about your horse. :( Hopefully you have lots of wonderful memories to cherish that might bring some small comfort. 

Edited by StormWizard212

Spring is finally reaching the parts where I live, and with that comes allergies. It's not too bad yet, but my eyes are already reacting (dry, itchy, swollen) and my nose is blocked. This year is predicted to be especially bad pollen-wise so fingers crossed it would at least pass quickly. I've been taking allergy medicine for a few weeks already and started eye drops yesterday (which I, btw, absolutely hate putting on myself, does anyone have any tips on how to make it bearable?)

Otherwise my weekend was chill, I got a lot of done on one assignment I still have to do before holidays. Also went to the gym yesterday and I'm extremely sore right now lol

Edited by hedy

@hedy I have serious issues with eye drops so I don't often use them, but when I have eye exams they have to use those numbing-drops... Last time I had an eye exam the doctor was really awesome and suggested that I close my eyes, and she put the drops right in the corner of my eye (the side by my nose) and then I blinked hard a few times and the drops went in my eye. No dealing with the reflexive eye closing or the weird feeling of the drops dropping onto your eye or anything, it was so much easier.

Well my day is only just starting (a tad after 9am right now) but so far it rather sucks. Was woken up even earlier then normal by the loud noisy gardeners, a sound that makes me extremely anxious, and by the time they finish it will probably be too late to go back to sleep for awhile. 

It has been a... good day, yeah, a good day. I'm getting close to the end of this semester of college and, though I get tired by Thursday, I am glad to be close to done. I also got some new gif avatars (obviously) from a really nice person on Tumblr and that made me smile even more too.

Thanks @HeatherMarie for the tip! Someone else also suggested it to me so it has to work :D 

Today was okay, I got pretty frustrated with some CSS homework and then realized at 7PM that I would've had to return a review of another classmate's work at 8AM sooooo I quickly pieced something together and sent an apology email to the teacher (I don't believe my classmate minds the delay). Then I worked on my presentation for tomorrow and now I'm just ready to hit the hay!