xeyla

The "How was your Day" thread

Today is this morning, but I'm content & happy from yesterday. I talked to one of my close friends for awhile and I've decided to sort out a passport out; I'm going to see my doctor and Ive been holding off about, but I need him to sign it anyway. I should've got this sorted out awhile ago, I'm  suddenly doing adult things getting things done. When this is done I will learn to drive. I'm 22 and want to be independent now more than ever. Yeah its been good!

My day yesterday was fairly okay, I was getting stressed out, which I realised was likely my pMS talking (I know tmi) but it was not until just past 5 when the next shift came in and I was doing an overlap a bit, one of my co-workers wears excessive perfume, she triggered a migriane (which is still current) nearly instantly. Not to mention my jacket was coated in her perfume and I had just washed it hte night before (and against last night.)

But all in all, I think my boss is actually trying to protect me from that trigger because he booted me offline quickly after that. He shifted me to day because it was less problematic for me with this woman and her perfume. I actually think he cares.

My day was alright, had a nice time at church and they sang some of my favorite songs which always makes me really excited, I got a lot done with my picture-organizing project, and the neighbor came over to help me with some chores (he often helps with things I can't carry/lift on my own). ..... And then tonight things went downhill. And I have no idea why. I've been getting small dizzy spells the last two days, nothing major just little moments, but tonight it's gotten worse. And I suddenly felt very overly-emotional and sort of anxious for some unknown reason. Ended up crying for a bit and having to abandon the tv show I wanted to watch in order to concentrate on my coping skills. Of course my mom is low-key freaking out and constantly questioning me about what I'm feeling, and after my coma last year I can of course understand her concern, but it's still frustrating sometimes because our emotions feed off each other so much, so when she's worrying I start worrying and... Yeah.

Today I have to go to the hospital to do a follow-up on my back. I pulled a muscle in my back at work last Monday, and the pain was unbearable by Wednesday, so I went to the hospital. I got taken off work until today, so I'm hoping that they say I can go back to work again.

today was a nice day. warm, sunny. I set up the irritation system in the yard, swept and took out the flower pots I had wintering in a box. Screwed up hangers and set up my coldframe that blew over in a storm a few weeks ago. My peas are growing as are my radish. I planted them early for an early crop. I am starting to plan and think about where I want things. Did a few other things inside and had a BBQ.

my train home today caught on fire. we didnt know until another passenger said really apathetically "hey guys look the train is on fire."

40 minutes ago, squidspeaker said:

my train home today caught on fire. we didnt know until another passenger said really apathetically "hey guys look the train is on fire."

Woah! That sounds scary! Hope everyone was okay.

My day was rather boring and sort of icky, I'm still not feeling well and ended up sleeping on and off most of the day. Went on a small grocery run and ended up spending $20 on mom's vitamins because they were buy-1-get-1-free.... I mean it's a great deal, $20 for roughly 4 months worth of pills, but that was a lot of money I wasn't planning on spending right now. And mom's vehicle registration renewal is due next month. And just got a letter today that our rent has gone up almost $40, which is sort of huge (and I'm not sure why, so I may need to call them). Dizzy, constantly tired, overly-emotional. Made a doctor appt for Wednesday morning, which means I'll most likely get to work late, and I can't stay late so I may not get the max amount on my next paycheck... Ugh.

I've been buzzing all day because I'm seeing Harry Styles in concert tonight! :D I had lots of meetings and tried to keep myself occupied and distracted, but every time I stopped to think about tonight, I was absolutely useless and couldn't concentrate. So I've been restless and stupid all day. But I'm so excited and tonight is going to be amazing! :D

It's been pretty bad so far. I woke up later than I intended and decided not to go get some work hours done. Mistake number one, because I know how miserable I will feel about not going since I told myself last night that I should go. Overall I felt like I'm back again in the slump where I get absolutely nothing done (aka what my whole March was), which makes me feel so bad that I can't get anything done, which makes me feel worse etc etc etc. It's a cycle. I knew a panic attack was forming later in the afternoon, but managed to keep it pretty small since I was prepared. Food tasted like nothing even though I was so hungry I felt like passing out. Fortunately I got myself to work on my paper I need to return next week and actually made some decent process. I'm just scared now that I'll make tomorrow morning (when I've yet again promised myself I go to work) already horrible by stressing about it being horrible so much and then deciding not to go again. I just don't get where that feeling even comes from, my work is not that bad, just very boring and lonely. No one even really cares how often I go, as long as I get some data saving done once in a while. It's just all in my head and I can't make it stop. 

Very tired lately and I space out in my college math class and bleh, lol. I also may have lost my calculator yesterday :/

the tank I am giving my mother as a gift has developed dino's (which can be described as brown snot) so I am taking measures now... :(

My day has not been good. Today and yesterday have been a stressful, exhausting mess and it's partly my fault for being so irresponsible. -_-

It was fine. Visited my sibling at their new job and then went to a little Mexican restaurant after. And I even got my math homework finished! I didn't think I would but i did, and it feels so good to have it done. 

I've spent the whole day in bed and slept most of it. :P I didn't get home until late last night after the Harry Styles concert and I was exhausted after such a long day. I haven't even left my bedroom today and the day is half over. It has definitely been a restful day.

After the trainwreck of a day that yesterday was, today has been significantly better. To add up to all the negatives I had yesterday, my boyfriend bumped/got bumped by another car on the parking lot in the evening, with the conclusion that our car now has a medium sized dent on it. The other car was fine, and the guy driving it was nice and co-operative and left all his info. Today I called my dad to ask what to do in this situation after I had done some research on my own, and I just heard from his voice that even though he was also bummed that our car is not in mint condition anymore, he was quite proud that I handled the situation so calmly and already had a plan ready on what to do next (this is just making me happy because my sister is known to freak out immediately in all sorts of situations so it's kind of sisterhood rivalry who can handle adulting better). 

AND! I also woke up feeling fine in the morning, dragged my butt to work and got a lot done, and afterwards made a great dinner for me and my boyfriend. Yay!

I've been sick with the flu since last Sunday (though the proper clogged-ness started on Monday) but today it feels like it might ease up soon. Might. I'm just hoping that I won't feel completely clogged for the entire weekend since I'll be having Monday and Tuesday off too - I wouldn't want to spend those days by being sick.

On 4/24/2018 at 6:51 AM, squidspeaker said:

Oh wow, that sounds like such a surreal experience. :blink: I hope nothing worse happened.

My day was okay, went to work and spent the entire time alphabetizing time cards (and separating out the ones that are missing signatures or OT slips, I swear there is a stack at least 8 inches high of time cards from the past three months that are missing signatures or slips). Filed the ones that were ready for filing, moved some folders around because it's only April and the Payroll drawers are already getting crammed, emailed my boss asking if there is somewhere else the old files in the bottom drawer can go so I can use that for Payroll too. Also, apparently the new-ish addition to our Finance team is bringing her dog to work tomorrow for awhile, and I am soooooo bummed that I don't work tomorrow! I can't even ask if I can work an extra day because I have appts tomorrow morning. Dang. I want to see the cute puppy!

Rest of the day was good, my mom is very happy because I burned her a new worship-music cd (yes, we still listen to cds!) and that in turn makes me happy, especially when I hear her singing along in her room. Also, I haven't added up my time for today, but I *think* I may have hit my April goal of 300 minutes spent editing! 

Had a math test today. Not really... confident this time so I just hope I get at least a B on it though this chapter was more confusing than the others. I just hope I did okay...

Other than that, my day has been fine, and I even got a compliment from my karate teacher that I had a 'very good' back stance. It made me feel good, especially since physical classes like my karate class, the Emergency Medical Responder class I had earlier this semester and others of the like are much more stressful for me and I feel less confident in my skills with those type of classes.

Pretty well!  I got an acceptance letter from the University of Galway, which means I'm moving to Ireland! :D  I'm a little concerned about my plants as I have to leave most here, but I'm really hoping I can take my Primula (if it survives) as it's not doing so well here, but should be much happier in it's native environment.

Today was pretty good, but one of my colleagues bought her two 3 and 5 year old children into work. She does this every single week, at least once a week, and they're very energetic and noisy. Today they bumped into me a couple of times and had a couple of tantrums. I'm someone who absolutely loves young kids and I'm totally sick of these ones, so I can't imagine how my colleagues who don't actually like children must be feeling. It's a bit frustrating that she brings them to work so often. I don't really think it's appropriate or professional when they interfere with other people's ability to get their own work done.

But other than that, the day was pretty good. I had a meeting for an excursion I'm going on this coming Monday which I'm ridiculously excited about. :D 

Things have been going a lot better for me. ^_^ Today and yesterday have just been me catching up on schoolwork, and it makes me feel pretty accomplished. 

@StormWizard212 Does this person's boss know that she regularly brings her kids to work with her? That's not normally appropriate in most work settings. Is there someone you can talk to, your boss or her boss or something, and explain that the kids are disruptive and interfere with productivity? 

Welp, it's not even noon yet and so far my day has been fairly crappy. Had to go get bloodwork done this morning at my new doctor's office, and (spoilered just in case)

Spoiler

they couldn't get the freaking vein so they ended up sticking me twice, once on each arm, and it freaking *hurt*. 

The place where I used to get labs done, the same woman always did it and she was *very* good and I hardly ever even felt it. But they only do labs ordered from their doctors, they won't do outside doctors, so I can't go there for labs with my new doctor. There is a place I used to go to that finally accepts my insurance again, I guess I'll go there next time I have to do this, they weren't the best but it wasn't this bad.

7 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

Does this person's boss know that she regularly brings her kids to work with her? That's not normally appropriate in most work settings. Is there someone you can talk to, your boss or her boss or something, and explain that the kids are disruptive and interfere with productivity? 

My boss is aware. It's a bit difficult, though, because the majority of people I work with are totally unprofessional and many of them in far worse ways than bringing kids in. The woman who brings her kids in is actually a lot better than most of the others, so I think my boss kind of sees it as a "pick your battles" sort of situation. It's a shame - I wish all of my colleagues had more professionalism.

Sorry to hear about your day, though! I can relate - I've had the same situation before because I forgot to hydrate properly beforehand and that makes it harder.

My day has been nice so far. It was cold this morning, but warmed up around noon. :) I had brunch with my mum and looked at an open house. I've got a fair bit of work to get done now that I'm back at home, but at least I'm well fed for it. :P 

My day was pretty good, a few icky moments (slammed my finger in the door, ouch) but overall pretty good.... Until just now. My mom just got word that her doctor of 12 years has died. They were pretty close, it was definitely more of a friendship then just doctor/patient, and she's very much in shock right now. And I'm.... Sort of pissed? Just at the universe, I guess, for doing this, now... My mom had an amazing evening at a Relay For Life event, she was so excited and happy when she got home, and now this. And of course this coming week will start all the 'how does mom get medication refills now, how long will it take to get her a new doctor, etc etc' flailing.