xeyla

The "How was your Day" thread

I've been ill for the last couple of days, and today I had a dentist appointment (found out I had a cavity, my second one ever, yikes). Now I'm feeling reeeeally tired and terrified of the 12pm to 6pm lecture I have tomorrow D:

Today was alright, though work was a little frustrating because I didn't have much to do and the thing I needed to do required a key that no one had (this is why it's bad to only have one person with keys to things multiple people need access to!). Also, I'm getting bites again, multiple really itchy ones on my arms, which means we need the bug guy to come out again next week and that's always a pain.

Fridays are usually the most stressful of my week (it's just a really busy and intense day at work) but today was actually pretty good. It was reasonably relaxed which is always a nice way to end the week.

We got a bunny today so it's been a great day! He's currently chilling in his cage, getting to know his new home. Tomorrow I'll start introducing him to the rest of his living area and also to me! Sadly my boyfriend had to leave for an overnight work trip so I'm practicing being a single-mom for this baby. He's so cute!

Oh cute! <3 

I went to Ed Sheeran's show tonight so today was a pretty good one. :D 

Hi there! I'm new to Dragon Cave and am looking at threads to get into and say hello in.

My day was pretty good actually except for a few occurances lol.

I completed my last day of training for my 2nd job. I woke up at 4am, got ready and climbed into my car this morning and was settling in, turning on my car when I see this shadowy shape sliding down my rear view mirror. So I turned on my light and had a mini scream as I smashed the offending spider from his dangling web. This was the first sign of the day!

Then I get a call from my mother to find out someone got a hold of her debt card information and charged it...so if I could help her out financially to which I agreed.

Now....about 5 minutes ago, I slipped going down the stairs to do laundry and possibly strained my ankle, which sucks because I work two jobs, 7 days a week and both are heavily active jobs. :rolleyes: I think Murphy decided my day needed a little bit of spice today.

However, so far the end of my day is coming to a relaxing close with puppy cuddles, dragon cave to entertain me, and a book to complete this overcast and cold weather. 

Yesterday was alright except for one instance of a full-blown anxiety attack when we got home from grocery shopping and a bag slipped out of my hands and fell to the floor, and the milk jug burst open and milk spilled everywhere. Sudden unexpected disasters like that freak me out and I ended up crying for a bit. The rest of the day was okay but that had sort of put a damper on everything. 

It's before noon here at the moment, but so far today is alright, though nothing interesting going on. Mom and I did not go to church because her leg is hurting to the point she can barely walk, which is very upsetting and frustrating and I really really hope her new knee doctor will help somehow. Also, we got some maybe-sorta-hopefully good news about the mess with the upstairs neighbors... Long story short they are *ridiculously* noisy, like waaaay past acceptable levels of noise, but no one in the front office ever seems to care about doing anything about it. We were just informed that if we file two more police reports management will basically be forced to do something about it, most likely kick them out. This is good news because the noise is so horrible that my mom usually gets less then 3 hours of sleep each night and I'm sure that's not helping her health. (Yes, it's bad for the upstairs neighbors, but at this point I just can't feel bad for them, we have talked the them countless times about the noise and they don't seem to care.)

(Welcome, @Amarasynn!)

Edited by HeatherMarie

I've been off work since Friday. My coworker was supposed to go on vacation this week, unfortunately her boyfriend shattered a bone in his leg so she didn't get the chance to go to Cuba. My boss asked me if I wanted to take the week off in her place, so of course I said yes.

I made two different batches of cupcakes today, one spice and the other chocolate. I made a small cake with the leftover spice batter and put some icing on it, it is so good. 

Edited by Zinogre

Wow, your boss sounds awesome, @Zinogre

Well this morning I had to get up early and go get an EEG done (same as an EKG but for your brain instead of your heart, I just learned the difference). It went fine, if a little annoying, but now I have tons of sticky stuff in my hair from whatever stuff they use to stick the electrodes to your scalp. I've been combing through my hair for a good hour now, wetting it every so often hoping that will help, and there are still sticky spots. This is made even more annoying by the fact that I can't just simply hop in the shower and scrub it all out; I have a severe phobia that makes it ridiculously difficult to shower normally without having multiple anxiety attacks. So wetting my hair with a spray-bottle and combing over and over is the best option. I hope I can get all the sticky stuff out before going to work on Thursday.

Just woke up and already my day is off to a god awful start. Found out a legend in the scientific community, Stephen Hawkin has passed away. Granted, he lived A LOT longer than most people thought he would, by a long shot, but still it's a sad day for any fans of astronomy or even just basic physics and natural sciences who have long admired this genius of a man. So to this I say, rest in peace Stephen Hawkins, your journey is finally at long last over and you can now rest among the stars. 

6 hours ago, SarkhanVol said:

Just woke up and already my day is off to a god awful start. Found out a legend in the scientific community, Stephen Hawkin has passed away. Granted, he lived A LOT longer than most people thought he would, by a long shot, but still it's a sad day for any fans of astronomy or even just basic physics and natural sciences who have long admired this genius of a man. So to this I say, rest in peace Stephen Hawkins, your journey is finally at long last over and you can now rest among the stars. 

I cried when I saw the news late last night and I'm not a science person at all. As I said to a friend, some people are just too important to this world to die. 

Woke up about an hour ago and already frustrated and annoyed and meh. My boss never got back to me about my needing to switch my work days this week, despite me calling multiple times... She's never had a problem with it before, my schedule is very flexible in general, but I really don't feel right not going to work today without talking to her. And yet that's what will happen, I guess, because I cannot reschedule the CT Scan I have today. *flails* This also means that I do have to reschedule my weekly Friday appointment because I'll be working Friday to make up for today (hopefully?). *And* I already got permission to work next Monday, which I normally don't, so I can be there to help with payroll, which means I only get a 2-day weekend and I am *not* used to that. Also, I slept on my back wrong or something the other night and it was spazzing all day yesterday, and last night I couldn't sleep on the couch like I usually do because there was no position that didn't make it spazz, so I had to sleep in my room on the mattress and even then could only sleep in one very specific position. So.... that's how my day is going. Ugh.

Ugh, I went to the gym earlier today and did a new leg routine and I've been absolutely exhausted ever since. I just want to lay down and not move a muscle or use my brain, sadly I still have one report I should be working on. I hope a good night's sleep will give me some energy and I'll get stuff done tomorrow morning.

I've come down with tonsillitis and I'm pretty miserable. :( I have a super important day at work tomorrow that I really don't want to miss, but depending on how I am in the morning, I'm not sure I'll be able to make it and I'm really upset about that. 

I'm back to work today, my day has been flying by so far. I just hope it passes quickly.

Today was pretty good, worked on a day I usually don't work so that I could be there to help with payroll (payday is tomorrow) and I got to do one of my favorite tasks, stuffing envelopes. Also got to see my boss, who recently moved out of town and is working from home until the company can find a replacement, but she comes down twice a month for payroll which is great because I really miss her.

My day was hellish. I had a long day of important meetings at work and I'm sick as a dog so it was so difficult to get through. I'm finally home and I could weep with joy. I'm not sure I'll be able to drag myself to work tomorrow, though. I don't have anything important on so it might just be better to rest up and take it easy.

It was going good until my boss called me to say that she quit and would no longer be working. It was a long time coming but I'm sad that she won't be working anymore. She was one of the best bosses that I've ever had.

Edited by Zinogre

22 hours ago, Zinogre said:

It was going good until my boss called me to say that she quit and would no longer be working. It was a long time coming but I'm sad that she won't be working anymore. She was one of the best bosses that I've ever had.

Oh goodness that sucks. I'm dealing with that right now too, my boss 'left' last month, she's working from home until they get a replacement  but yeah it's hard. I always hear all these horror stories about friend's bosses and always feel so lucky I've had such a great boss for so long. 

My day has been pretty good, despite the icky weather that would usually trigger mild depression. I cashed my income tax refund checks, which definitely makes me feel better about finances... I'm hoping to save most of it for our yearly San Diego trip, but I know how sideways plans like that can go. I've gotten a lot done today, finally printed the pictures mom wanted, named (and grouped) a handful of dragons, got through about 30 more pictures from our last San Diego trip (cropping/resizing), and made a grocery list for this weekend. 

Its good! Started off with catching new dc eggs. Then I got to spend the morning talking to my grandma who come to stay with us overnight. She took me, my girlfriend, my aunt, and little cousin to knotts berry farm and it was SO much fun! Those roller coasters are awesome. My poor little cousin though (she just turned 8) went on one of the big scary ones and lost her poor mind. I haven't been there in a really long time so it was really cool to go there. And we had some awesome pie. 

Now I'm super tired at home. Trying to figure out what I want to do with this baby rat. My snake wouldn't eat and the store will take her back, but I'm getting attached now. I already have two neutered boys so she'll fit right in, but my girlfriend says no more :( idk if I should push a little harder to keep her or just give her back. Thats the only damper on my day so far. 

@hazeh I am jealous, both about the rat and knotts berry farm. I haven't been there since I was a kid, I honestly don't even remember it.

My day has been... A little annoying, I guess. My mom seems to be in a bit of a mood for some reason and it's really starting to get me in a mood as well. She keeps nagging me about using the nebulizer because she has it in her head that it helps my sinuses (it most definitely does not) and she gets unreasonably annoyed whenever I need to blow my nose. It's just.... Frustrating. This morning was good though, went to church for the first time in a few weeks and they sang some of my favorite songs (though someone was sitting in our usual seats and the place we ended up sitting was right underneath the air conditioning vent so I was cold the whole time).

Catching new eggs was a great way to start the day. :D I've been mostly in bed since then, taking it easy and warming up with my electric blanket since it suddenly got so cold outside! 

I actually had a pretty awesome day (okay it's only 2pm but I'm not doing much else today). My new Housing Case Manager, Tara, came over to take me to apply for HUD, because technically the Housing Assistance I'm under is supposed to be temporary (though I've been on it for 8 years now...). She's fairly new and just recently got assigned to me, so we were talking a lot and getting to know each other, and we kind of just clicked. We talked about animals and pets, she told me about owning horses as a kid and the times she fell off while riding and I told her about my runaway-horse adventure when I was a kid... Then we started talking about music preferences and turns out we both have a fondness for 90s country, so she put on some old songs in the car and we ended up just totally jamming to them, singing along and dancing in our seats... It was so much fun. I'm really not usually that comfortable with new people that fast.

Work has been very exhausting, with all the freight that we've been getting. I pulled my shoulder trying to move a box and it threw my back out of sorts. I'm hoping a good nights sleep helps.

It was my first day back at work today after being ill and taking a few days off. I was exhausted and it was a bit unpleasant, but I got through it. Now I only have two more days before I'm on holidays for two weeks so that's amazing! :D

i don't know what i did to piss god off yesterday but hoo boy he came for me today. i deal with pretty severe chronic pain on a regular basis, but every so often i have flare ups that make moving around and functioning extremely difficult, if not impossible. i had physical therapy today and my therapist suspects it might have something to do with the change in weather... apparently sudden weather changes can trigger flare ups. good to know. i live in the worst part of the world for that.

also i came back to DC after like 3 or 4 years so that's something i guess