heytheregirl

AlphaCentauri

user posted image

I got the idea for this lineage when perusing the dragon encyclopedia. I found that Royal Blue dragons and Nebula dragons get along well with each other due to a shared love of stars. What better to create a star-themed lineage!

Naming Scheme

The whole concept is that the lineage will be based on a complicated naming scheme:

The parents of the lineage will be the Green Nebula dragon Hamlet AlphaCentauri and the Royal Blue dragon Ophelia AlphaCentauri.

Direct children of this pair will gain the surname Centauri.

Hopefully, these Centauri dragons will breed themselves. Nebula children with an unbroken Nebula or Royal Blue lineage linked to Hamlet (eg: Ariel AplhaNova's father is Mercurio Centauri, whose father is Hamlet) will be called AlphaNova. In a similar manner, Royal Blues with a direct Royal Blue or nebula link to Ophelia will gain the suffix Galileo. Any other species of dragon can take the suffix XNova. (eg: Oberon XNova is also the son of Mercutio, but since he is a Red dragon, he is neither AlphaNova nor Galileo.)

Now here's the fun part: Nebula dragons with an XNova parent (eg: Titania Starborn has Oberon XNova as a parent) will be called Starborn. Similarly, a Royal Blue with the same conditions will be named Starchild.

A few more special rules: If any egg from the lineage is bitten successfully by a vampire, it becomes a Bloodstar in addition to its lineage title. Dragons bitten by a Bloodstar are also Bloodstars, but have no lineage title unless they too are a lineage dragon.

Confused yet? Any questions about naming conventions are welcome on the thread.

Rules

1. Technicalities - Do not freeze dragons with the suffix Centauri. Any other suffixes are allowed to be frozen. The only dragons you may choose to kill from this lineage are XNovas with no offspring. The same is true for biting with a vampire; only XNovas may be bitten. Do not inbreed these dragons. You may breed these dragons with any species. These dragons can be parts of other lineages, but please make sure you follow the name requirements for both lineages.

2. Naming- Shakespeare names are by no means required, but they are fun! If you request a dragon from this lineage, you are expected to name it! (For those interested, the inspiration to use Shakespeare names came from Hamlet's code.)

3. Requesting an Egg or Hatchling-

I'm requesting an AlphaCentauri dragon!
Name:
Scroll Name:
What I'm looking for: Request species, gender and suffix here.

DO NOT request on a full list! Two strikes and you're out!

4. Becoming a Breeder- To become a breeder, you must own at least one dragon from the lineage and be able to transfer them to requesters. PM me with the codes and names of the dragons. Please do your best to make sure your eggs are not auto-abandoned, though mistakes happen.

Alright! Let's do this!

Edited by heytheregirl

Dragons

The AlphaCentauri

Hamlet AlphaCentauri (Male green nebula, 1st Gen)

Ophelia AlphaCentauri (Female royal blue, 1st Gen)

The Centauri

Mercutio Centauri (Male purple nebula, 2nd Gen)

Benvolio Centauri (Male royal blue, 2nd Gen)

Lady Capulet Centauri (Female red nebula, 2nd Gen)

Montague Centauri (Male green nebula, 2nd Gen)

Othello Centauri (Male purple nebula, 2nd Gen)

Olivia Centauri (Female royal blue, 2nd Gen)

Jaquea Centuri (Female royal blue, 2nd Gen)

The AlphaNova

Ariel AlphaNova (Female red nebula, 3rd Gen)

Juliet Dorkface AlphaNova (Female blue nebula, 3rd Gen)

Lawrence Dorkface Alphanova (Male green nebula, 4th Gen)

Cicero AlphaNova (Male green nebula, 3rd Gen)

Syncerus AlphaNova (Male purple nebula, 3rd Gen)

Gideon AlphaNova (Male purple nebula, 4th Gen)

Alexander AlphaNova (Male purple nebula, 3rd Gen)

Sirius AlphaNova (Male purple nebula, 4th Gen)

The Galileo

Prince Escalus Galileo (Male royal blue, 3rd Gen)

Lysander Galileo (Male royal blue, 3rd Gen)

Viola Galileo (Female royal blue, 3rd Gen)

Siren Galileo (Female royal blue, 3rd Gen)

The XNova

Oberon XNova (Male red dragon, 3rd Gen)

Rosaline XNova (Female red dragon, 4th Gen)

Tybalt XNova (Male coastal waverunner, 3rd Gen)

Adrian XNova (Male yellow-crowned, 4th Gen)

Nurse XNova (Male coastal waverunner, 4th Gen)

Prospero XNova (Male magi, 3rd Gen)

Lamia XNova (Female pink, 5th Gen)

The Starborn

Titania Starborn (Female red nebula, 4th Gen)

The Starchildren

The Bloodstars

Rachel XNova Bloodstar (Female vampire, 4th Gen)

Iago Galileo Bloodstar (Male vampire, 3rd Gen)

Rey Starchild Bloodstar (Female vampire, 5th Gen)

Yuri AlphaNova Bloodstar (Male vampire, 4th Gen)

Edited by heytheregirl

Request Lists

All lists have a maximum of ten slots except for the Centauri and Bloodstar lists, which have a maximum of five.

Centauri

1. gsoares (no preference)

AlphaNova/Galileo

1. Zeditha (AlphaNova)

XNova

Starborn/Starchild

Bloodstar

Breeders

Here is a list of the breeders and their breeding dragons.

heytheregirl17 (forum heytheregirl) [PM] [scroll]

Breeding Pairs

Hamlet AlphaCentauri (CB M Gr. Nebula) X Ophelia AlphaCentauri (CB F Royal Blue)

Mercutio Centauri (2G M Pur. Nebula) X Sarah Starwatcher (CB F Royal Blue)

Benvolio Centauri (2G M Royal Blue) X Rouge Galaxy (CB F Red Nebula)

Any other lineage dragon from my scroll X any other. Just request!

Cinspawn [PM] [scroll]

Breeding Pairs

Cicero AlphaNova (3G M Gr. Nebula) X Aysun Moon (CB F Royal Blue)

Othello Centauri (2G M Pur. Nebula) X Yad Al-Jauza (CB F Red Nebula)

Banlists

Oh, good. Nobody's been naughty yet. Don't be the first!

Edited by heytheregirl

Banners

user posted image

(Credit to Cinspawn for this banner and the one on the first post!)

[URL=https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?&act=ST&f=29&t=174379][IMG=http://i1285.photobucket.com/albums/a595/somebodysomeone17/Mobile%20Uploads/C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved%20Images_TVIqU2c_zpsjtriigzw.png][/url]

Edited by heytheregirl

Oooohhh yes I love me some stars biggrin.gif let me know if I posted too early, I'll repost this. xd.png

Name: Cinspawn

Scroll Name: Cinspawn

What I'm looking for: an egg/hatchling from Hamlet x Ophelia, either species either gender

Is this alright? biggrin.gif

Also: I am locked and will be for at least another 24 hours I think (have another egg gift waiting) so if someone comes along that is available earlier please let them first!

I have a personal connection with the word 'starchild' so you can bet I'll be doing something with that later down the line biggrin.gif

PS.would you like me to make you a banner? smile.gif

Cinspawn: Looks good! I'll PM you a trade link later (I am also egg locked and still need to breed that egg). I'm going to make a list and put you on it. Also, I would love a banner! Edited by heytheregirl

Name: FAstudent12

Scroll Name: FAstudent12

What I'm looking for: An egg from the original Royal Blue/Nebula pair, and/or 3rd gen egg from Mercutio or Benvolio. Nebula is preferred, but either is fine. smile.gif

Edited by FAstudent12

Cinspawn and FAstudent: I am having the worst breeding luck right now. Hamlet and Ophelia failed to breed, even after fertility, Mercutio bred a Yellow-crowned, and I accidentally auto abandoned Benvolio's egg. I may have to get back to you on those. FAstudent, I'm going to temporarily add you to the AlphaNova list so I can hopefully get something to you faster.

Cinspawn and FAstudent: I am having the worst breeding luck right now. Hamlet and Ophelia failed to breed, even after fertility, Mercutio bred a Yellow-crowned, and I accidentally auto abandoned Benvolio's egg. I may have to get back to you on those. FAstudent, I'm going to temporarily add you to the AlphaNova list so I can hopefully get something to you faster.

Hey not a problem! Dragons can be finicky. No rush, take it easy biggrin.gif I'm not going anywhere. It'll be better when there are more breeding pairs smile.gif by the way, did you see my PM?

Love this idea!

Name: WaterDroplet

Scroll Name: WaterDroplet

What I'm looking for: An egg from the original Green Neb/Royal Blue pair, either egg is fine

don't worry if you have problems breeding, I can wait smile.gif

That's fine, thank you. smile.gif

Name: heavenuniasus

Scroll Name: heavenuniasus

What I'm looking for: either species from the original pair

Also, is it okay if we combine other lineages with this one?

If I get a CB female Royal Blue for you, could you try breeding her to Mercutio for a nebula at some point?

heavenuniasus: Adding you to the Centauri list. To answer your question, yes you can use these dragons in other lineages! Just make sure you name the dragon with the correct requirements for both lineages.

FAstudent: I would be open to that idea. Just keep in mind that I am often egg locked, and for some reason the banner in my signature is sometimes wrong... Very soon I will have the silver trophy and will be able to hold more eggs. If you find something in the meantime, let me know!

Thanks everyone for your patience!

FAstudent: I would be open to that idea. Just keep in mind that I am often egg locked, and for some reason the banner in my signature is sometimes wrong... Very soon I will have the silver trophy and will be able to hold more eggs. If you find something in the meantime, let me know!

Thanks everyone for your patience!

Thanks, Ill try and find you a hatchling before next week when they can breed again. smile.gif

Name: gsoares

Scroll Name: gsoares

What I'm looking for: an egg from the original pair

FAstudent: I accidentally picked up a CB Royal Blue. How convenient.

Oh, well I have a CB hatchling I was going to give you if it genders female. You can still have it if it genders female, so you'll have one ready next week. smile.gif

Edit: Nevermind, the hatchling had gendered male. Sorry.

Edited by FAstudent12

FAstudent: No problem. I've been having good luck with gendering lately... *knocks on wood*

EVERYBODY: I have a special egg available. It's a Dorkface AlphaNova, if anyone is interested. First come, first serve!

Name: Zeditha

Scroll Name: Zeditha

What I'm looking for: A Nebula Centauri or an AlphaNova with CB RB parent would be perfect~ I plan to make a stair or spiral lineage of these, using RBs as the CB breed (Since I have a lot of them anyway, for a personal project xd.png)

Once I've got the lineage going, I'll become a breeder smile.gif

Since I'm currently egg-locked, I'm in no hurry :3

Zeditha: Adding you to the AlphaNova list.

FAstident: Woohoo! It gendered female! Any name preference?

Zeditha: Adding you to the AlphaNova list.

FAstident: Woohoo! It gendered female! Any name preference?

Any name is fine, thank you. smile.gif

Thank you for the egg, I'll update when I have a name and a mate for it. biggrin.gif

Question: what naming scheme should the CB mates follow? Anything, or also something with surnames?

Question 2: is it okay if I call my egg you gave me Othello? I haven't seen or read any Shakespeare things but I LOVE THAT NAME so much. xd.png

Aaand this is my tip for your first post: maybe add the lineages to the breedingpair/dragons list? It's nice to have a look at all the dragons. Also when selecting a breeding pair, it'll be much easier. smile.gif