TCA

Albino Eggs

OHHHHHHHHHHHHH

That's how it works? Cool! smile.gif

I always looked at the light part lol

So far we have one? two? people who saw the right shape and some twenty who didn't? I guess we should feel bad if we didn't see it if it's a 1/10 or 1/20 odds.

Make that three. xd.png When I first read the description - way back in 2010 - I figured it had to be there, so I stared till I saw it ! Like one stares at those weird 3D picture from the 90s, till the image shows up...

I saw it, but was never sure if I saw it right. laugh.gif

One of my first dragons was an Albino and I remember staring for ages at the egg trying to figure out what the description was talking about and still seeing nothing, until a few years later when someone pointed this out. And even knowing I still have a tendency to look at the white space first.

One of my first dragons was an Albino and I remember staring for ages at the egg trying to figure out what the description was talking about and still seeing nothing, until a few years later when someone pointed this out. And even knowing I still have a tendency to look at the white space first.

Basic art rule, the eye is typically attracted to the lightest spot in an image. I always see the white first, too.

Oh... oh my! I always focused on the lighter part of the egg, and just thought it was a very underdeveloped dragon.

Thank you so much for this, I really like how it looks now biggrin.gif

This, so much. laugh.gif

Count me in the "never saw it" group! xd.png

Thank you for pointing it out, though!

Cheers!

C4.

Yes, i never saw it until i read the first post and then take a look at the egg in my encyclopedia.

To be honest my English was not so good back then and now it only is the description for an Albino i never took my time to figure that out.

Make that three. xd.png When I first read the description - way back in 2010 - I figured it had to be there, so I stared till I saw it ! Like one stares at those weird 3D picture from the 90s, till the image shows up...

I was terrible at those 3D art puzzles, I could never see the images. I never saw the embryos in the Albino eggs, either!

I never really took much notice, but always assumed the white parts were meant to represent the Embryo very early on in development (and the vet student in me always thought how it didn't look very much like an Embryo).

Haha, this! tongue.gif I always thought the Albino egg a little weird, but it turns out that it's rather pretty after all happy.gif

Oh... Oh! Oh jeez! That's amazing! I knew the white squiggles were supposed to somehow make the dragon, but I didn't even think to look at the negative space. I would always just stare at the squiggles all confused wondering how that made a baby dragon...

Oh wow. That...definitely makes more sense. I always looked at the white parts as well, because it always reminded me of something like this:

user posted image

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING.

I never saw it; I never even really looked, I don't think. It looked like there was some kind of... worm inside the egg, so it was always vaguely unpleasant. Thank you! You have saved the dignity of Albino eggs forever!

eta: And I can't even complain about design aesthetics or misleading white space. That's exactly what it would look like, with light shining through the translucent shell. It's pretty genius when I go back and look at it.

Edited by sylviamaris

Like most people in this thread, I had no idea. I honestly just thought it was yet another egg where the sprite didn't match the description; like how the Dark Green dragons are sitting in a patch of flowers according to their description, but there's nothing like that in the sprite (contrasting to e.g. the shadow in the Balloon egg).

I'm impressed.

user posted image

It's really quite a wonderful revelation!

:o Now I see it!

I knew we were supposed to be able to see the hatchling but I always thought that the white lines were just part of the egg/yolk with a really tiny developing hatchie and that the description was embellished a bit. I guess I never felt like zooming in. lol

Wait

Wat

Wait

What

Hold up

Wat is this

I always looked at the white part, had no clue what it was because it didn't even look like a hatchling so I always assumed it was like a developing hatchling (of course that makes no sense in the hatching sequence but hey)

NOW I get it!

Edit:

Now I can't unsee it xd.png

Edited by Clya

I remember figuring this out and being all 'huh, that does make more sense', but I still like to imagine the white squiggle lines are tissues and veins. Reminds me of candling chicken eggs, and that realism gives the sprite just a little more depth.

I just kinda figured that was what it was though I couldn't actually see it for myself (too small on my screen until you blew up the picture)