Dragmori

*(The Callous Brother)*

((Yep, size thing sounds good. Also, Flareon, I don't think you should write in Edghen being asleep without Dragmori consenting to that.))

Cylax nodded as Dusky made the remark about her loss of senses. The ex-Aegis had lost his ability to taste and smell. His telepathy worked fine, and his hearing was still decent. His eyes had been affected though. He had become much more sensitive to light. As he stared at the hole, he decided that he was definitely not going to fit in there. It would be a waste of time to even bother expanding it to fit him, in fact. He noticed Ether moving closer to him, feeling a slight twinge of satisfaction. Helping fight off Keina earlier had paid off, it seemed. The Soulpeace might be more willing to help him out after that.

As Light explained the function of the charmed flower, Cylax looked up into the sky, where two persistent birds were flying circles. It would be both useful, and extremely convenient to be rid of them. Or at least not have a whole swarm after them. This day was turning out to be a good one. Perhaps the forest burning down was a blessing in disguise. He reached out to take the flowers, thinking of a place to put them as Dusky explained Keina's actions.

"Thank you, Light. These flowers are much appreciated."

He returned his attention to the Alt-Black as she approached him and offered to team up.

"Around this area? What for? Does this Keina have companions we need to be on the lookout for?"

(Any and all people who know me should know that I often take hiatuses, short or long, way too many times. Keep that in mind, if you haven't already. tongue.gif I'll have to catch up for a second because I can't remember what I posted last.

EDIT: Technically, I posted replies to character sheets, but my last roleplay post was Edghen thinking of taking down Kallus.)

Edited by Dragmori

The scents have changed. Oh, it still smelled of dragons, but they all smelled of living dragons.

That made her very nervous. Nervous enough to stop flying, hovering and puffing as her wings worked the air. Craven tasted the air several times, trying to wrap her mind around what this meant. A more intelligent being might have come up with something more logical, but she quickly was convinced that the dragons had eaten the rotten smelling thing. Her rotten, very dead thing.

This, in turn, made her angry. With her belly aching and energy low, this made her very irritated.

The wyvern let out a shrill hiss, claws clenching tightly. She had made her way all the way here, had wasted precious time. And, now, someone else had eaten her food.

The winds had fallen, the scents dissipating as her wings churned the air, but she had to be close. She could hear things, low and a little ways away, but she could hear them. A part of her wanted to start something, wanted to take out her anger, but her more cautious side prevailed. Craven was in no state to get into a fight, she knew that very clearly by how low she had sunken in her hovering, tail brushing the tops of the trees and how her body ached and how she felt so tired. She did, however, have to eat, and maybe she would be in luck. Not a lot of dragons ate everything off of a carcass, so there had to be some scraps left over. All she had to do was be patient.

With a huff, the wyvern let herself fall, slowly letting her legs find the ground. Once stable, with wings stretched like arms and finders digging into the dirt, she smelled the air again. Still a ways away, maybe. Craven couldn't tell. Shuffling her feet and shaking her tail, she started forward. She'll wait. There had to be some pieces left over, and the dragons might be gone soon.

((You should probably try to be a tad more responsible as the head of a RP right now.....

That's because Durppie wrote she passed out. Unless I misread.))

"Thank you, Light. These flowers are much appreciated."

Light nodded happily as Cylax took the flowers then looked skyward. Following his gaze, Light noticed the two persistent vultures still gliding overhead before she looked down as Dusky's voice rang in her mind.

Keina? She is a scheming rat with some type of racism against everything non-vine. You know how Vines are not supposed to have magic?

Light nodded. It was very well documented that most vines can't actively cast magic. Though they weren't as magicless as flamingoes, who doesn't even have passive magic.

That's why we got such a bad surprise when she attacked. Thing is, the magic draining me did not feel like Dark element... it felt like Magi element being corrupted by Dark element.

"Maybe something happened? You said she learned the mana-draining skill from a gold named Midas... Wait, did she learn it from the Midas Dorkface?...No, no, that's not important," Light shook her head for a moment, then started to play with the orchid again. "I mean, maybe she became influenced by a bunch of mana shards or something? And how did Midas teach her, if you know?... Wait, if you knew who taught her the skill, why did you just say your tribe got caught by surprise?"

Still, Dusky accepted her offering of the same flowers she gave Cylax.

"Well, it won't deter them, it just makes you harder to smell," she warned, but held out a cluster of the flowers to Dusky too. At this rate she won't have any more forget-me-nots left!

Dusky turned to look at everyone in the clearing, including a odd expression when her eyes passed over the Nexus before ambling over to Cylax and Ether. And was it just her or was Ether a bit more close to Cylax? Light cocked her head, gave a little half-shrug, then floated over. If he feels safer next to Cylax, who was she to judge?

"Can I have the spellbook back?" she asked as she held out a paw. Afterwards, she glanced back at the hole. Apparently, it was a unanimous decision that nobody is going down. "Don't you think we should fill in the hole or something?"

Edited by beiningtian

Cylax thought about what Dusky wished to check for. It made sense. Making sure no more attackers were coming their way would be a good idea. Especially if they wanted to be able to relax, after two brawls with the Vine in such a short time.

"Yes, I will come along, in that case. I am Cylax. It is good to meet another of my brethren, whose mind has not yet been clouded by madness."

He thought back to the last Undead dragon he had encountered. It was a Red Dragon, who was in the midst of tearing apart a village. After some questioning, the Dragon revealed that he was doing it for entertainment. He had then invited Cylax to join the fun. Cylax had declined, moving on and leaving the village to its fate. Still, it disgusted him that some zombie dragons gave up their morals like that. He was not much better, he supposed. His moral code had changed considerably.

Cylax nodded as Ether approached and requested to tag along. Yes, this was a good solution. Instead of any of them heading down into the hole, all four of them (Himself, Dusky, Light and Ether) could all go look around together. Nobody would be left alone that way. Well, they'd be leaving behind the other dragons, but he hardly knew them anyway.

"Of course you can come, Ether. Light. Would you follow too?"

((This is more like a 3x3... Also I've been waiting for literally anybody else to post, but....

Anyway, Dragmori, really, shouldn't you be much more responsible as the leader of the RP? Since this IS your RP and YOU are the only person that knows how you want the story of the RP to go. If you don't post more often, you can only get dragged along by the people who are actually roleplaying. And for that matter, please try to post at least a paragraph when roleplaying if you're not going to post quite as often, since we need to know things and people to really get with the actual plot instead of only subplots.))

I was trying to say that Midas taught Keina how to play dead. The magic... my best guess is humans, but mana crystals would make sense.

"Oh. Alright... Though if anything that seems to just prove my point of her not being very smart...." Light's eyes widened. "....Though if mana is the reason why, maybe her mind got corrupted when mana effected her? I mean, she does sound insane." She jostled her orchid again with a sad expression. If that was true, then... Was this Keina the real Keina? Sure, vines are almost always foul tempered, but something about how Dusky described Keina made her seem more like a evil storybook villain or something. There has to be something more, right? "There has to be..." Still, the important thing is that she is perfectly willing to hurt them all, so they should watch out for her, and maybe even kill her if things came to that. Light shivered at the thought of another's blood on her claws. Yes, it is occasionally necessary to do so, but...

"I... I don't want to find out what's down there. I want to stay far away from it...." Ether whimpered. That and how he pressed her spellbook to her made her come out of that train of thought. Not noticing Ether's unease, Light took the book with a nod and a "thanks" before concentrating on Cylax as the Aegis zombie spoke again. As she put the book back in her bag, he agreed to Dusky's plan to search the immediate area. Four dragons, not including the Nexus, Speckle-throat, and White. If Keina gets away, it would be both embarrassing and worrying.

Does look like no one is going d82n. Filing in the hole may be the best course of action. Dusky said. She sounded deep in thought.

Light nodded and started to push dirt and rocks into the hole when she realized something."Oh, hey, Ether! This can be another opportunity to practice with that levitation spell! You can toss soil and rocks into the hole with it, or if you're feeling ambitious, you can gather a whole bunch of things at once and put them in."

Edited by beiningtian

Cylax watched Ether work his magic. It seemed like he had poor control of it. Like he was putting everything he had into it. Which, as he could tell, was way too much. It had been ages since he had last practiced magic. Ages since he even had the privilege to. He thought back to some of his lessons in controlling magic as a hatchling...

Nothing. That was way too far back. Even if he could remember, his skills would be too rusty to impart onto the Soulpeace. Light was, without a doubt, a better magic teacher. He wasn't sure if Dusky could still use her magic, but if she could, she would definitely be worth learning from. He had heard tales of the exploits of Black dragons in the arcane arts. Well, he couldn't give proper lessons. But he could still remember the words of wisdom he had been given. Those, he had memorised.

"Keep trying. Don't force your magic to work. Let it flow, calmly, like a peaceful river. Don't try to bend it to your will. Guide it slowly and gently."

Dusky didn't say anything in reply to what Light just wondered aloud, but she was still busy at work shoveling matter into the hole, including a particularly large rock which she couldn't quite move. Light was just about to ask what Dusky was pondering when she saw a few rocks shoot up into the air. Light turned to look at Ether just as he yelped and the pebbles fell to the ground. Ether suddenly recoiled, trembling.

"Are you okay?"

Ether slowly stopped shaking and reached out a paw to lift a clod of dirt. Like the pebbles, the clod rose and stayed there until it suddenly dropped. Ether flinched again and looked around wildly.

Light floated over and raised a paw to pat him before thinking better of that for the moment. He's just so huggable, though... "It's all right, Ether. Hey, lemme tell you about this friend of mine, a Royal Amethyst named... Okay, anyway, the first time she came over to my keeper's place and was offered by said keeper to try out magic, she summoned a giant corporeal celestial into the place and nearly crushed everyone in the room!"

"Keep trying. Don't force your magic to work. Let it flow, calmly, like a peaceful river. Don't try to bend it to your will. Guide it slowly and gently," Cylax advised.

"So the vine has mana-draining abilities. That makes her harder to fight, constantly having to worry about her stealing your magic. That would explain her always gaping when fighting and then the mana crystals on her. And for good measures.." Frost turned around at the mostly covered up hole and pushed the dragons covering it out of the way. He did a deep inhale, and the blue crystals began to faintly glow on him, and then he exhaled a ton of ice and frost, freezing all the dirt and rocks together, so that the hole was completely frozen shut. "I don't think vines can breath fire, so that hole will remain shut until it eventually melts from he heat or a fire-breather decides to melt it, like me."Blaze said, with some pride in his voice.

Light laughed at Ether's bewildered look as she relayed her story, then smiled as Cylax's words seemed to have persuaded him to try again. "Nobody expects you to get it right the first time," Light assured him, before hastily adding, "W-well, nobody should. Magic is a skill like anything else, even if you have innate talent with it." She should probably count her blessings from being raised by a magickphilic bibliophile.... Light turned to watch Ether's next attempts, first lifting a bit of dirt but not putting enough magic in it to have it float for more than a few seconds, before putting too much magic into lifting a rock and have it shoot off into the air... Pretty far too! Light watched, paw up to block the sun, as the rock disappeared.

"That was a nice thr-!" Light broke off and stared at the moving clump of dirt with surprise, even though it dropped to the ground not soon after. Ether did that! Light reared up with a "Woo!" and turned to look at Ether excitedly. "See? You're learning! You managed to make the dirt float and move it a bit. Much better than before, when you just made huge bursts of energy then cut it off rapidly. Next time, try to continuously feed power into it to maintain the levitation, then cut it off when it's over something to drop it."

A sudden chill came over the area, causing Light to recoil. Without even really thinking, she dashed a bit away from the cold and brought out the blanket she kept in her bag, wrapping it around herself before floating back warily, looking around for the source.

The filled-up hole was completely frozen over. Light stared from her place off to the side.

"I don't think vines can breath fire, so that hole will remain shut until it eventually melts from he heat or a fire-breather decides to melt it, like me."

The fire head said proudly.

"Good idea. If she decides to come this way again, she'll probably have to spend some time either melting it, in which case she loses some mana, or digging around, giving one of you a chance to strike," Light theorized, then looked up. The sun wasn't that low in the sky, but with everything in place here, a murderous vine roaming around, and the two fights with her already, it might be a good time to rest up for all of them. "Do you guys think that after looking around to make sure there isn't any traps or anything, we should rest here for now and search for her in the morning or something? I mean, she seems to be after Ether, so chances are she's going to come back to us anyway."

((... I highly doubt there can be a tree that big in here. And if you're going with the "life mana" thing, then there would be lots of other trees that size in that location.))

((...What life mana explosion? In the lore AMA TJ basically commented that giant things can grow in the presence of life mana.

But without that, redwood sized trees won't grow. Even if they did, because of how insanely large they are/it would be, I'm willing to beat Dusky would get crushed rather than be able to hold it up, and then the momentum would probably crush everyone in its way.

Of course, this is all assuming Keina somehow managed to destabilize a redwood-sized tree without spending all her time on this one trap while remaining close to where the others were and without said others noticing.))

Craven was close. She could hear wisps of telepathic conversation, most of which she could not understand whatsoever. The wyvern was surrounded by bushes, not that large but fast growing after the fire, ringed by the burned out husks of dead trees.

She sniffed around, swinging her head side to side. Lifting herself up, Craven stretched her neck and tried to see if she could catch a glimpse of someone.

There were too many dead trees and undergrowth to catch anything, though it did look like a clearing opened up ahead. She could see the vague hints of things moving up there and ducked down hurriedly, panting quietly. The scents were still there and all of them smelled alive. Or, at least mostly alive? She couldn't tell anymore; the smells were confusing her and something seemed off about them.

Something caught her eye and Craven found herself staring at a vine poking out of the ground. It was very green, blending well with the ground, but it looked so different from the ferns and leaves of the bushes. Just a random vine.

Craven couldn't be called a curious wyvern, but the scents surrounding her made her cautious. There were many types of dragons and other magically inclined beings that lived in the world and one had to be suspicious and ready for everything.

After a second, she bent her down, giving the vine a quick sniff. It smelled of dragon, which wasn't surprising with so many in the area, but the wyvern carefully backed up and turned away. It was making her nervous, but she couldn't leave. It had taken too much energy getting here, she was not going to back out now.

A sudden noise startled her, the wyvern jerking her head towards the clearing as louder sounds spread through the area. There was a lot of movement ahead, but she ducked down and stayed still, listening carefully. Something was happening, and she didn't want to get involved.

Cylax nodded with approval as he observed the Soulpeace practicing. He seemed to be making progress. If he hung around Light more, he could improve tenfold. He was about to encourage Ether further, when Dusky approached the vine and triggered the trap Keina had set.

When did she have time to do this?

He ran over, towards the tree Dusky was holding up. He attempted to ram it sideways as hard as he could, hopefully sending it away from their group.

Light nodded, glad that Dusky agreed. Truth to be told, she was scared. Technically, she can just fly away now and probably never see or hear about any of them ever again, but... Light liked them, and if she just left them, in particular Ether, she would always be wondering where would they be, if they were okay... And what would have happened if she stayed with them? Would Ether ever get his magic in control? Would Cylax find another soulpeace? Leaving will NOT be an option, she resolved.

"Cylax, what do you think—!" Light broke off asking for his opinion when she heard an odd, sickening crunch from behind her. She whirled around, and to her horror, she saw Dusky straining to hold up a large tree that seems to have toppled from nowhere. Ether had noticed before her and was trying to use the levitation spell on the tree, but he didn't put enough effort into it and the spell quickly faltered.

"Dusky!" Light yelled, thoughts laced with panic, "Try and move closer to the branches! The further you are from the base, the easier it is to carry!"

Cylax, meanwhile, was already on his feet, charging at the base. He looked like he knew what was going on, at least. Light pointed a claw at Cylax as he ran, speaking the words to the same strengthening spell she used earlier on Dusky and Ether. As the buff was cast, she tried to glance back at the Nexus, only for something white—a dirty white, but nevertheless still white—to catch her eye momentarily before it moved away. Light stopped for a moment to look at a indistinguishable white blur past the clearing, but completely turned when she realized that whatever it was, it wasn't attacking or really acting hostile.

Charlotte did not rest easy; something was wrong. She tossed and turned in her slumber as distress and exasperation filled her soul. She growled in her sleep and pulled Ethan close to her; worry replacing any tranquility she may have felt before falling asleep.

CRUNCH

Charlotte jumped up in a moment of panic and wildly looked around. Her breath had quickened tremendously, and after making sure the area was secure; she sat down and took deep breaths.

"What was that?"

After finally calming herself, she opened her eyes and looked around once more. Something was off. Then it clicked: Ethan wasn't sleeping, or awake, or even in the general area. He was gone.

"Ethan?" She called, looking around. "Ethan, dear, please come out."

There was no response.

Worry clutched at Charlotte's heart and refused to ease up. She grabbed her belongings and sniffed around, picking up Ethan's scent. She found it easily and began to gallop in the direction he presumably took.

______

Ethan had gotten up much earlier than Charlotte, and, not wanting to bother her, decided to explore the immediate area. He told himself he wouldn't wander far.

He was lost before he knew it.

He looked around at the charred trees, not knowing which way he had come. He kept his nerves; telling himself to not get upset, that he would be okay. A loud crack sounded through the air making Ethan jump out of his skin.

Catching himself, he looked over at a fairly large tree that was now beginning to fall He was out of its range, and as long as he was cautious he could get a closer look after it fell. He decided to head that way.

He got fairly close when he heard telepathic talking.

"Dragons?" He whispered to himself.

He decided to climb a tree, trying to keep himself hidden. He did lose his footing for a moment, and a branch crashed to the blackened ground below. He scurried up the rest of the tree and hid amongst the dead branches and shadows, ducking down.

"Wow! That's a lot of dragons!" He whispered.

((Anyone want to ditch this RP and continue with the current plot in a separate thing? Since Dragmori really doesn't want to show up again, we're only going to deal with sideplots we come up with instead of what's really going on, which, well, admittedly feels... Iffy. Like we're technically supposed to be dealing with a crazed despisis, so even though we have a fanatical vine to deal with right now, shouldn't something happen that has some sort of connection with the main plot?))

The tree, thankfully, was knocked away from the group, at which Light let out a breath she didn't know she was holding. Dusky seemed safe, even managing to twist out of the way, though as the tree landed there was a roar from... Somewhere.

Dusky was alert, and spoke about her suspicions. ...Anyone think that was Keina? Awfully bold of her to come so close. ....Did she do this when we were talking and then looking?

"I don't know, but if her other traps are like this one, we should be able to find them all just by ramming into trees. Not even particularly hard rams, probably," Light theorized, looking around. As she did, she noticed Ether looking scared, head whipping back and forth. He also seemed to be fixated at where she saw the dirty white blur earlier.

"What do you think that was, Ether?" Light walked over and asked, even as she was looking around. If she was an insane vine, where would SHE put a trap? Hmmm...

Light reached into her bag and took out the spellbook again, flipping around to find where the levitation spell was. Ether learned that spell really quick, he looked and cast that spell maybe 2 or 3 times and now he can cast it without any problems at all. Light paused, then thumbed the pages thoughtfully. Maybe a different spell would be better? In fact, she might be able to call Ehkreve here to help.... "Oh, and to answer your earlier question about how Iza managed to summon the giant celestial, Pyro—my keeper—gave her some sort of star spell to try out. Apparently she recently learned some sort of summoning spell off a book and wanted to try THAT out, so she decided to use what she knew of magic to combine the two, and.... Bam. Giant corporal celestial. Those two are good friends nowadays, and he stops by the library she decided to hole up in a lot to chat and stuff. Light giggled at the image of a giant royal amethyst moving around in a library, careful to not knock over any shelves even as her wings dragged along the floor and left large scratches."... I need to visit her soon myself. Maybe you can come too! She's an avid lover of books and magic and has helped me out a lot with the latter, even if she is a century or so younger than me."

A snapping sound made Light whirl her head around, and Ether jumped from the corner of her eye. As she turned towards the direction he was looking in, he emitted a shriek and was suddenly somewhere behind her. Light glanced down at the page she was currently stopped at, which showed a spell that simulated getting hit lightly, but didn't leave a mark on the target. She eyed the thing in the trees and her eyes flicked down at the pages, before sending the spell at the thing.

((Basically the target feels like he or she was hit with, say, a light punch, but it doesn't leave a mark. Light usually uses it to confuse something she's facing so she can get away with a haste spell.

I also feel like Light's a bit OP? I meant for her main weaknesses to be her inability to fight claw-to-claw ((and by extension, how she doesn't ever really use her more typical destruction spells)), how unless warned she'll automatically assume a person isn't evil, and how she can't remember how to cast most of her spells so she needs to flip around in her spellbook, but...))

Edited by beiningtian

((I say we wait another 24-48 hours or so before doing that. But if Drag keeps being inactive, sure.))

((First: Are we going to make that new RP?

2nd: I edited with RP post eariler, but nobody seems to have noticed.))

((Well, I dunno, if you want it to be completely about up Keina's plot sure, but as I see it, Keina's more or less a one-shot villain for now and without Dragmori here we're kinda just going to be wandering around doing stuff. Have fun before saving the world or whatever.

And freeforms IS an RP section. Just because it doesn't need approval doesn't make that place a place for terrible RPs. There are several really good ones on there.))

((Well, some people will, but just nag at them an they'll either leave or adjust.

Ehhh... I dunno, maybe we can start another RP and pick up with this one if Dragmori feels like putting in the time and effort to be the head. One that focuses on another plot or something. Plus in freeforms it can get a lot more exposure.

Also lemme find Mage...))

Edited by beiningtian