Dragmori

*(The Callous Brother)*

Cylax awoke from his dreamless sleep, trampling the grass beneath him with his great weight as he rose. He looked around to get his bearings. He was in a small clearing, with a few moderately big rocks scattered around. As his footsteps left imprints in the grass, the trees seemed to stir with life. An entire flock of birds stirred, before taking flight as he passed. The Undead dragon growled as the flock started circling him, high above the trees. He snapped at a few crows, managing to get several in his mouth before they had left the clearing.

Those damned birds. How can I get anywhere unnoticed with them constantly following me? Bah, no matter. All that matters now is finding a Soulpeace. Not much longer. Soon, this flock will be able to eat me in peace. Grrgh.

Cylax decided to wander on through the forest in search of another dragon. Every so often a few of the birds would descend in an attempt to snatch off slivers of his rotting flesh. Their beaks were unable to penetrate his scales, but the flock never decreased in size. He didn't bother to take in the surroundings, despite walking through a particularly beautiful part of the forest. He paid no attention to the shimmering yellow flowers as he trampled them. He didn't bother moving his tail out of the way as it smashed apart a small, straight sapling. He hardly even noticed when he walked right through a patch of grass and nearly crushed the clutch of dragon eggs inside.

Cylax stopped at the top of a small hill. From here, he could see a little creek and a mountain up ahead. Above him, the flock still screeched, a black mass of wings and feathers in the blue sky. He growled in annoyance and continued on. From any elevated position, the birds would be a dead giveaway to his position.

Edited by Riath

((Where's Seaviper?))

At the sound of a murder of crows, Light looked up from her journal with a bemused expression. What had died? And when, that such a murder was formed so quickly? Where did all of them come from? Light unconsciously floated up, her bag temporarily forgotten as she stared at the venerable cloud of a murder.

It wasn't just crows, she noted. There were vultures there too, some species of which she's never seen before. Now her interest was piqued. She watched the bizarre flock for a bit longer before deciding to head down to see what exactly was the matter.

She scrabbled in the air for her things that were currently about a two feet below her before slowly lowering herself to stuff her things up. Light slipped the bag around her neck, then leapt into the air to fly towards the flock in the forest below. It would probably take her a moment to get to the place that they are, but she absolutely had to know why there was such a large group of scavengers from who-knows-where right here.

(Ack, here I am! For some reason I forgot to check if there was a second page)

BlazeFrost was slumbering in a quiet forest. There was the faint trickling from a nearby stream, and the grass waved slowly as a small breeze flowed through it. The calm rustle of the leaves were no distraction, it was the perfect place for him to sleep.

Suddenly, the squawking and cawing of nearby birds and crows woke him up. Frost's eyes snapped open and landed sight on the birds high in the air, and shot out a blast of ice despite how faraway they were. He grumbled as he heaved himself up, those blasted birds were going to pay.

Dam birds! They woke me up! Too bad they aren't closer, I would've fried them if they were. Hissed Blaze. True, but why are the constantly circling and diving? They must have found something that's dying. Frost questioned. Your right, that is strange. lets go check it out before they devour it.

BlazeFrost then trudged through the forest, following the screeching of the birds as he went along. The grass was pushed down by the size and weight of him, leaving imprints that something big has been walking there. However, he didn't care, he was currently more set on finding what the birds are interested in.

The Zombie trudged on through the forest, slowing down as he came across a particularly dense cluster of trees. His massive neck swiveled back and forth as he mowed down the trees to make himself a path. The cracking of trunks and the crashing of branches hitting the floor would ring out through he relatively quiet area.

No longer on the move, Cylax stood there as he headbutted several more trees out of the way. Seeing their target staying still, almost half the flock descended, cawing and screeching along the way. Cylax ignored the nuisance, only stopping to smash a vulture into the ground with a slam from his mighty tail. The birds began to swarm around him, pecking at his exposed flesh and his green-gray scales. However, they were not able to do enough damage to negate Cylax's passive magic. As soon as a crow managed to tear off a scrap of flesh, it flew back and rejoined Cylax's body. The crow flew off while cawing indignantly, lamenting the loss of it's meal.

Anyone approaching him would see a large, wingless dragon being swarmed by all manner of scavengers as he tore down several trees.

(I'm assuming that everyone's roleplaying before the fire, right?

Also, I should really get on more often.)

(I'm assuming that everyone's roleplaying before the fire, right?

Also, I should really get on more often.)

((I wasn't sure when to start, so I just went along with describing Cylax going about his thing. But yeah, having all this be before the fire sounds like a great idea. We can like, interact IC, then have the fire suddenly appear and we run or something.))

((I wasn't sure when to start, so I just went along with describing Cylax going about his thing. But yeah, having all this be before the fire sounds like a great idea. We can like, interact IC, then have the fire suddenly appear and we run or something.))

(I like the sound of this.)

Edgen was, as usual, patrolling her forest. She tried to stay focus, but there was an unusual amount of birds in one section of the forest. Finally, Edghen headed straight towards the birds, leaving behind some of the dragons patrolling behind her. "Something must've died," Edghen muttered.

((....Wait, what? Why before the fire? That doesn't make much sense to me. Why not have the forest fire be in the backstory?

Not only that, but Light also came because she was curious about the rumors of a forest-burning despisis. Not much sense for me to be here otherwise.))

Light landed on the canopy of a strange tree, startling some birds but not enough to make them fly to another tree. She never understood how that worked. The talk of how silvers' glow emitting feelings of peace were true to an extent, but it wasn't strong enough to "override" any emotions, such as the birds' panic at her, right? Or maybe that was only for sentient species. Or maybe they just weren't scared of her?

A loud SNAP! sounded and Light tumbled awkwardly before righting herself just before she crashed to the leaf-covered ground. The branch wasn't so lucky. She was now at the heart of the cawing, in a section of the forest barely touched by the fire, and as she looked up, her eyes widened as she saw why exactly these scavengers were all gathered in one place, calling.

A massive wingless zombie dragon was standing in the midst of some fallen trees. Surprisingly enough, he seemed to have all limbs intact and there were still light patches of scales on him, though the color was indistinguishable. Here and there there were chunks of missing flesh, exposing bone. Light's breath caught in her throat. An actual zombie dragon...! But wait, aren't they supposed to be dangerous? Light shed back until she felt herself pressing against the trunk of some tree. Then again, they were also supposed to be lethargic in their movement and have no sense of anything outside their immediate vicinity. So she should be safe, but she still had a sense of unease.

((Will edit with more as soon as my question gets answered.))

Edited by beiningtian

((Maybe we could have our characters be here to check out this aftermath of the fire, and have circumstances make our characters decide to go along and find Kallus? Cylax's reasoning for being here in the first place at the site of the fire would be that after such a great disaster, there could be a Soulpeace aiding in the relief efforts due to their healing magic. Will edit an IC reply into this in a short while.))

The crack of the branch, and the subsequent sound of it crunching against the leaves would have been immediately noticed by Cylax, that is, if there hadnt been a horde of hungry birds screeching next to his ear. Still, he faintly heard the sound of the branch hitting the ground. It sounded too heavy to have been a bird. Shaking off many of the scavengers as he turned around, his gaze rested on a Silver Dragon. A low growl sounding from his throat, he started moving towards the Silver.

Edited by Riath

Light's eyes widened as the zombie first turned to face her, then started moving towards her with a growl. That was definitely not "lethargic and only reactive to things nearby!" And he was about the size of an elephant, or in other words, MUCH larger than she was.

I'm dead. I'm dead. After only 200 years of life, I'm dead! I can't possibly fight against this thing! And he actually looks like he can see things really well despite the sun!... Can he?

Light focused on herself and concentrated, imagining herself flaring up in light like a... Like a explosion from when one of Skies's experiments goes wrong! If she can make herself glow really bright, hopefully that would overwhelm the zombie's eyes, letting her get away.

... Can he fly?

((Ye, I read the stuff about Zombie dragons prior to making Cylax, and as for the part where they're functionally blind, I decided to bypass it through the necromancy stuff. I've tried playing blind characters before, and its really difficult. Especially since a Zombie dragon wouldn't be able to easily learn to navigate through any other means.

Edit: Oh, yeah. Cylax can't fly. He lost all his own magic when he died.))

Cylax blinked, taking a few more steps forward towards the Silver dragon. Despite the Necromancer's magic extending to the muscles in his iris that controlled pupil dilation, he was still sensitive to light. However, it had never impeded him when he was under the Necromancer's influence. An army of darkness would prefer to operate under the cover of darkness, after all. He wasn't completely blind in light like other undead dragons, but the bright light the Silver emitted still hurt. Even after closing his eyes, the intense light still burned him. He turned his massive bulk away from the Silver, his eyes closed in discomfort. Not really expecting it to work, he reached out telepathically, trying to make contact with the mind of the shiny Eastern. He conveyed a single word, pouring all his annoyance at the days events into it.

"Stop."

Edited by Riath

((Ah, good. But Light doesn't know. tongue.gif

Oh! Poor Cylax... Though does he still have his enraged/pacified modes as a zombie?))

It was working! He turned away, eyes closed, and Light was prepared to leap and fly away, muscles tensed, magic ready--

"Stop."

Light froze. The frustrated voice... Was it from the zombie? He...

She had never heard of any case where a zombie communicated except apparently some amusing anecdotes where they were hypnotized to speak of the afterlife. Then again, she never heard of a case where a zombie turned to look, seemed to actually see her, and growled. But... Why did he growl? What did he want with her?

...Still, he was a zombie but acted more like a living, breathing dragon. Light dimmed her glow, curiosity getting the better of her. Would it be too rude if she asked him some questions? But she just tried to blind him...

"Sorry about that," Light apologized,"but you scared me with your growl. And with how you were walking towards me like you were about to eat me."

Light bit her tongue as she was about to speak again to start pestering him with questions. She shouldn't just start asking without some sort of precedent, right?

Edited by beiningtian

Cylax's eyes opened once again, as the glow dimmed. His eyes still half closed, he turned back towards the Silver dragon. He took a step backwards, before replying to the dragon's apology. This dragon was a bold one, shining that light into his face like that. Still, he didn't particularly care about the pain now that it was gone. Neither did he mind the presence of this dragon. It didn't seem keen to fight him, and it appeared as though that light had been an accident.

"I cannot see well. I hear something hitting the ground, I turn to take a closer look. I am used to sneak-attacks from foes. I only held off on leaping at you immediately because of that light, lucky for you."

The Zombie dragon continued to stare at Light, his eyes slowly adjusting. He was still unable to clearly make out what kind of dragon he was facing. It was an eastern, he could tell. So that meant it was either a Shimmer-scale or silver. He couldn't make out any other details apart from the outline of a light colored dragon.

((Nope, no more rage state for him. He's become so disillusioned with the world that he no longer believes in the concept of justice or vengeance.

Edit: Oh god. I've only just realized that I'm pretty much playing a more uncaring version of SCP-682.))

Edited by Riath

Light considered the zombie's words, then nodded thoughtfully. Used to sneak attacks... She couldn't begin to even imagine what life would be like if every snap of a twig or crunch on the leaves can be an enemy out for blood. Or life. Or... Unlife. Something like that. But now that the misunderstanding seems cleared up, he doesn't seem hostile. Grumpy, but not hostile. Would he care if she asked a bunch of questions? But.... Now that Light really thought about it, he might feel awkward talking about it or something. Or residential bad memories... But that's why she should ask if it would really be okay first.

Speaking of questions, it would also be rude to start pestering him without telling him who she is. Light reached into the bag at her neck and withdrew a nice cluster of azure forget-me-nots and offered it to the zombie.

"I'm Light... Oh! Light finally noticed that the zombie seemed to be squinting at her. It seems that his eyes doesn't have the full dilation abilities of a mostly alive dragon despite how advanced they were. "Do I need to tone my glow down for you?"

((If you're wondering, yes, Light has almost gotten herself killed in the past with how she pushes back her logic and common sense to satisfy her personal curiosity.

Anyway, where's Dragmori and Jak?))

Edited by beiningtian

((No idea, haven't seen them in around a week.))

Cylax nodded, appreciating how fast the dragon he was facing had caught on. It was quite a relief, actually, to meet someone willing to hold a conversation with him. Most of those he had met usually fled or tried to fight him. Well, Light did try to fight him at first. He decided to let it slide. It was an accident, so it didn't count. His eye were still burning from the bright light though, and he continued to squint.

"Yes. I would prefer if you turn it off. The extra light still hurts."

He stared at the blue flowers he was being offered, not knowing why this Light was giving him flowers. The zombie stared at them, unsure of what to do as he introduced himself.

"I am Cylax. Well met, Light."

Hi there! My username is Dusky_Flareon. Call me Dusky, please.

Name: Eternal Slumber

Species: Soulpeace

Appearance: Normal Male Soulpeace with claw scars on his back and a whip scar on his face, as well as scars created by a chain around his neck.

Personality: Eternal Slumber is scared to death of other dragons, especially Vines. He absolutely refuses to use his magic under any condition right now. Strong aversion and fear of humans. He's very shy and unwilling to trust others, and lonely but refuses to show it for fear of others. He is afraid to show emotion, due to hatred in his past. In other words, he is very messed up by his past.

Lineage: https://dragcave.net/lineage/nW8zY

History: As a hatchling, he lived a normal life until his magic came in. One day, he accidentally Expunged a Gold dragon. His owner whipped him to "cure" him of dark magic, but it happened again. His owner then chained him to a rock. He struggled to escape, but all he managed to do was badly injure his neck. A Holly dragon found him and took him to her master. Another accident with his magic resulted in the death of three tinsels and his being clawed by their mother. His new owner then abandoned him, telling others about the Soulpeace with black magic. As a result, he was attacked and shunned everywhere he went, until he went to the north, beyond the Avatars. In the frozen North, he encountered some dragons, but was betrayed by one who sought to kill the others. He then returned to the south....

Extra: I headcanon Expunge as usable on living dragons. When used on a living dragon, it sends their spirit to the afterlife. However, this is considered black magic and banned.

Edited by Dusky_Flareon

Eternal Slumber crouched in the charred trees. A...are they going to find me...? I came here to hide... I thought they were not going to notice me... He heard a noise behind him. The Soulpeace shivered violently, feathers ruffling out, before racing out of the bushes. He only had time to think Aaaahhh! before he rocketed into the Zombie and Silver. He staggered back, eyes wide with fear, before turning to run. He drew his trembling wings over his back ((to protect his back)) and his feathers ((I think the cream things on Soulpeace wings are feathers, correct me if I'm wrong.)) fluffed out. Realizing hus fear was visible, he thought No...no... they must not know... everyone... everyone hates me...they will take advantage of it... Eternal's tongue flickered in and out as he breathed heavily and crouched to take off.

((Very scared of others, obviously... the others won't know his past, but you do OOC. The fear does come from his past...))

Edited by Dusky_Flareon

(I'm not dead!

I'm just inactive on the forums sometimes, no matter how much I tell myself, "Get on the forums more often!")

Edghen followed the birds, hoping that whatever she found when she finally reached them would be useful and not a waste of her time. A few bits of grass poked from the ground. Edghen smiled; she liked how the forest was finally reviving from the fire.

The fire... Kallus. Something has to be done with him. She could send some other dragons to hunt him down, or perhaps go find him herself. Justice could be served to that-

THUNK!

Edghen looked up, realizing she had ran headfirst into a tree while she was daydreaming. If that was life's way to bringing her back into reality, it was a painful way to do so. 'At least no one saw that...' Edghen thought, rubbing a paw on her bruised head. A bird swooped down all of the sudden, flying past Edghen. She looked up, realizing she was right where the swarm of birds were.

(Might as well.)

Edghen looked over to where the birds were diving, only to find something that nearly horrified her. A large zombie dragon stood right in front of her! What is it doing here? The zombie didn't seem to notice Edghen. What was distracting it? Was it... talking?

Edghen climbed up a tree, looking at the zombie dragon from above. It wasn't alone. What looked like a silver dragon was with it, and the silver dragon seemed to be engaged in a normal conversation, and not trying to flee from it or attack. Perhaps Edghen could just jump down and ask what it was doing here...

Suddenly, a brightly colored, feathered dragon crashed right into the two dragons. Edghen nearly gasped. Should she jump down before anyone hurts anyone? No, perhaps she should wait and see what happens. She wasn't sure how the zombie dragon would react, anyway.