TJ09

2016-04-14 - Moderator Applications

While my gut tells me I shouldn't even try to apply because I've barely been on DragCave for a year, I'm still going to apply. I think this is a great opportunity and if I pass it up I'll just be disappointed in myself for not trying.

Keep that in mind everyone who says they're not going to apply. Even though you're not the most qualified, that doesn't matter. What matters is that you don't let yourself down by giving up before you even try.

Good luck to everyone who applies and congratulations to the future mods.

Even if I was properly active on DC forums/chat, I don't think I could take the craziness of moderating a site like this again. Last couple of places I did it on just drained me out. xd.png;

I am VERY excited for new description mods to work on the backlog. Good luck to everyone applying! I also applied for a position. Fingers crossed. happy.gif

I just applied for description moderator smile.gif Keeping my fingers crossed!

I like your way of thinking, and admired some of your suggestion. You're patient and expert, I really hope you get the job! wink.gif

I applied for a position as well.

I'm trying not to keep my hopes very high. But i know I would've regretted it if I just haven't done it.

Edited by Ylvanne

I applied for a position as well.

I'm trying not to keep my hopes very high. But i know I would've regretted it if I just haven't done it.

Same here, hehe biggrin.gif

Quick question (sorry if it was already answered): do all mods on the forum (basically all positions mentioned here) have access to approving/denying descriptions? ;o;

Same here, hehe biggrin.gif

Quick question (sorry if it was already answered): do all mods on the forum (basically all positions mentioned here) have access to approving/denying descriptions? ;o;

Yes, all forum mods have access to do description moderation.

I like your way of thinking, and admired some of your suggestion. You're patient and expert, I really hope you get the job!  wink.gif

Thanks, Naruhina smile.gif

//sigh

I applied, but it was pretty rushed. Well, I hope I'm good enough. I know my activity had been weird, but, I was a new person in the last community and lost a moderator position 40%/60%

I hope TJ has a similar mindset. //Fingers crossed

I wanted to be a Help Moderator and oversee the dragon requests, but I don't know enough to specifically help site-wise, with the actual help issues.

Edited by arya10

I've applied as well, but only for Description Moderator because I'll never be quick enough to keep up with anything else due to my scheduling. Plus, there is a huge backlog for dragon descriptions. Trust me, I've been waiting forever for some of my dragons to get their descriptions either approved or disapproved.

Anyway, good luck to all who has applied.

Something happened and I forgot to send my application in and my laptop died a couple days ago, making me loose all my progress on the application dry.gif

I rewrote it anyways and applied for Help Moderator and Description moderator before heading off to the West Coast for a few days rolleyes.gif

I really, really hope I get the Help Moderator position, but either is great, I'm really crossing my fingers here and hoping for the best~! Good luck to everyone!

Good luck to all whom applied, it's better to try than to sit there thinking of the what if's ^-^

Sent in my description mod app too, I really hesitated on whether or not to send one xd.png Good luck everyone! <33

Since the deadline is less than 30 minutes away, might I ask for an estimated date of when the announcements will be made?

Since the deadline is less than 30 minutes away, might I ask for an estimated date of when the announcements will be made?

Whenever we come to a decision. Mods have to have time to discuss, which means we have to have time to read the apps as well. And with DC's bday coming up, I'm not sure what everyone's, particularly TJ's, time will be. It is also kinda nice if mods have time to acclimate before any site event, as these can be a lot of work and can be quite stressful sometimes.

We are eager for some help, too, but we will all just have to be patient. =)

As apps are now closed, I am going to go ahead and close this. Mod announcements will get their own post. Thank you to everyone for your interest. We look forward to getting some new blood to help out around here. :3