TJ09

2016-04-14 - Moderator Applications

Wow! New mods! I would do the application (I've definitely been on this site long enough to qualify for just about any of the positions) but I don't have enough time in my day to be effective, and I'm helping out already as a mentor.

Good luck to everyone applying!

All forum mods are definitely also descrip mods by proxy. I sent you a PM. I'm sorry that we gave you such a bad intro you never knew this. D: That is totally on us. I do sincerely apologize.

Pffft, whoops! I was wrong, it seems. biggrin.gif Thanks for the correction, Sock.

While we have the ability to be, it's not expected of us as part of the job description if you're just a forum mod-- unless I'm mistaken about that, too, but no one's ever told me I was required to do it. (as evidenced by my naivety)

Pffft, whoops! I was wrong, it seems. biggrin.gif Thanks for the correction, Sock.

While we have the ability to be, it's not expected of us as part of the job description if you're just a forum mod-- unless I'm mistaken about that, too, but no one's ever told me I was required to do it. (as evidenced by my naivety)

Yeah, its not expected of us, just really awesome if we can. I feel very much out of my element in regards to anything but the simplest - disapproving. The possiblity of having someone who actually does the Decriptions would be absolutely great, considering the delay between submission and approval.

So, anyone applying for IRC? We really could use the help there.

I have had a couple of interactions with 2 or 3 different mods in my relative short time in the Cave. I am very pleased to express my appreciation for their courtesy and patience in dealing with the different concerns and with their very timely and thorough responses and follow-ups. They were each truly very professional and it was my honor to accept their help and trust their judgement.

Big shoes to fill, but good people looking out for the well-being of the dragon community. Thank-you each and every one for all you do.

yay more forum tyrants xd.png

JK PLZ DONT HURT MEH!

YOU HAVE ALL THE POWER...which you would kinda be abusing and fulfilling the joke if you actually-

well its just a tiny joke so it would be heavy handed to ban or punish me over a light jab

Good luck to all who try. I would but sadly barely around due to work and I don't want to not be around >.< okay plus pretty sure im not level 4 either yet

EDITED.. LEVEL 6... holy fuzzies

Edited by KuroYukia

IRC could use more help. With me being largely inactive, and several (most) of our hops busy with real life stuff, we're down to just a few people being around. Its nowhere near as rough as forums are to mod tongue.gif

For those of you worried about time constraints regarding work/school: Modding in general isnt an all day every day thing, unless you want it to be. Real life trumps, even if you only have an hour or so a day you could devote because of your schedule, just say so in your application. Dedicated mods can pull off a lot in just an hour a day. If you have an interest, and the desire to help out, then apply.

How many applications do you have thus far? Seriously, I'm just curious.

Wow! I thought we would never get to see the applications open up again, honestly.

I decided to apply for a spot. Will I get it? Probably not, but I think I'd kick myself later if I didn't at least try. xd.png Good luck to all the applicants!

I decided to apply for a spot. Will I get it? Probably not, but I think I'd kick myself later if I didn't at least try. xd.png Good luck to all the applicants!

Same here xd.png Good luck to all!

I think I provided enough info in my app, a few paragraphs, and I have some experience with forum modding.

Did my application get deleted? I tracked it, and it's not reading as either read, or unread..

Did my application get deleted? I tracked it, and it's not reading as either read, or unread..

In the past, applications were treated a little differently than regular PMs, so tracking was not that a reliable method of making sure they got sent.

If you have a copy in your sent box, that's a good way to check if it was sent or not. If you're now not sure it got sent in, I think it would be okay to re-send it.

How many applications do you have thus far? Seriously, I'm just curious.

Only TJ knows, and I doubt this is information will be shared.

I'm in the same boat. I hope I get it, although after reading all the posts in this thread from other applicants my chances aren't looking great. If I don't get a help mod position I can always apply the next time mod applications are being accepted.

Well, I threw my hat into the ring. Good luck to all applicants!

Description mods, that sounds interesting. That'd be great if something does come of that.

Good luck to everyone who applies! I'm sure whoever is chosen will do a great job.

In the past, applications were treated a little differently than regular PMs, so tracking was not that a reliable method of making sure they got sent.

If you have a copy in your sent box, that's a good way to check if it was sent or not. If you're now not sure it got sent in, I think it would be okay to re-send it.

I was just about to ask about my PMs being deleted from my tracking. Thank you Socky :3

For those of you worried about time constraints regarding work/school: Modding in general isnt an all day every day thing, unless you want it to be. Real life trumps, even if you only have an hour or so a day you could devote because of your schedule, just say so in your application. Dedicated mods can pull off a lot in just an hour a day. If you have an interest, and the desire to help out, then apply.

Thanks for the tip, Thuban.

I was just about to ask about my PMs being deleted from my tracking. Thank you Socky :3

Yeah at first I thought maybe TJ had deleted my application, then I thought if anyone could make something disappear it would be TJ laugh.gif

It was my Hubby that told me SockPuppet had already answered that question

Good Luck to All Applicants

Edited by Paige201208