TJ09

2016-04-14 - Moderator Applications

Meh, I have been around forever but don't wanna play babysitter. Too old and grumpy. Good luck to those applying though!

Bah, forgot a bit in my description mod application. Hopefully it's not a huge deal; I really do want to help with the backlog. I've seen some really nice descriptions when reviewing; it's a bit sad to know that as a normal user I can't do much to get them out.

Good luck to everyone who applies!

Good luck! I'm interested to see who ends up as mods.

Could someone please explain what this entitles? I'm not quite sure I understand it.

If I have never modded this part, I wouldn't know about this, correct? So would there be some place to look it up? Like a note-pad for those who do the modding of the descriptions?

*scatches head a bit forlorn*

This is something that is only accessible if you're TJ. But if you mod descriptions and you know the guidelines, you can probably be pretty confident in what you've done.

If you've never done descriptions, there'd be no history of your reviews or accuracy (accuracy being you making the same decision a mod later makes).

Good luck to all who apply! It's so exciting to see new mods!

Edited by Darkstorm34

I am tempted to apply.

What means "a few focused subforums" for site discussion?

Description mods! Sounds so cool! I would love to see this implemented.

Good luck to everyone who applied!

Well, hopefully the Description Moderation doesn't mean nit-picking in grammar... or alternate pronunciations. That is, if it happens.

Otherwise... I'd be quite thrilled about them and consider making more descriptions. :3

I am tempted to apply.

What means "a few focused subforums" for site discussion?

SD mods also moderate, a few focused subforums.

Trading subforum , breeding subforum, fansite subforum, ask a mod subform.

I'd love to post an application but there are many other qualified people who want it, so I'm wishing the best of luck to them! (^u^)☆

I am tempted to apply for description moderator, but my post number is discouraging me a bit, I have been playing for years, but I only got a forum account recently. sad.gif

Well, I considered applying. Then I looked at my warn history - and decided against it. xd.png

Where can people find their warn history? I'm pretty sure that I've not been warned lately but I must have been when I was a forum new member.

Where can people find their warn history? I'm pretty sure that I've not been warned lately but I must have been when I was a forum new member.

When you look at your own posts, you'll see not only the regular information (post count, member number...) below your avatar, but also your warn level. Click on the number to open your warn history.

ETA: With pic now.

user posted image

Edited by olympe

viewing your profile, underneath your signature you can find your warn level. clicking the number next to the bar lets you see your history with warnings, who gave them, what caused them, etc.

EDIT: ninja.gif 'd

Edited by CowlRaven

Well, with just about six and a half years on DC, one tiny warn in my history, quite a few descriptions under my belt, and the concept of Description Moderators, I couldn't help myself. I've applied, and although there are many who are more qualified, I hope something comes of it!

Regardless of whether I make it or not, I am so excited to see Description Moderators as a possibility! Good luck to everyone who has applied!

Interesting and good luck to all!

I'm on the borderline, thinking if I should apply or not (for Description mod).

I am so excited to see that description moderators are being considered! I love describing dragons, but it has not been worth doing so for a very long time. It is not the fault of the moderators, who are swamped, I am sure. Rather, it is likely a consequence of DC having grown well beyond what might have been originally expected. While the growth is a good thing, it has been sad to see descriptions fall by the wayside. Thank you for considering the addition, TJ!

Edited by harlequinraven

I considered applying for half-op, but the next year of my academic life will be hectic and packed, so I did not

Good luck to everyone who applies for any position ^.^

Question: If you apply for more than one position, do you send a PM for each one? I did, and I want to make sure thats what you're supposed to do.

Good luck to all that apply, If I get selected, I look forward to working with you smile.gif

(so many good people from here)

Considered applying for description mod, but I don't feel I have a solid enough grasp on like everything.

Really hope that becomes a thing though! And good luck to any applicants!