Natayah

Player Activities & Events

Heya people, some voting needs to be done! 5 photos this time, please have a look!

40 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Heya people, some voting needs to be done! 5 photos this time, please have a look!

This is one of our more interesting Player Events that has been long running and really celebrates something very unique in sharing photos of all sorts of things and we learn and share a lot outside of the game within the game! It is a lot of fun, and I highly encourage you to consider participating one round, but if not at least support it with voting and sharing!! We gotta support even the Non-Dragon Activities because they are all so fun and creative and I always enjoy and am inspired and feel good after watching each round of this photo sharing competition - GO VOTE & Go Share!!

New photo contest is up.

Theme is Comfort: Something comfortable or something that brings you comfort when you are down.

We would love to have you come and post an entry!

On 8/2/2020 at 5:37 PM, purplehaze said:

New photo contest is up.

Theme is Comfort: Something comfortable or something that brings you comfort when you are down.

We would love to have you come and post an entry!

There are so many people who are or want to become more "artistic and/or creative". This is one of those really great ways to do so! I know most people want to learn to sprite, pixel stuff, improve various multi-media, but photography is an art too, so even if you aren't the best, you should consider participating, or any artistic/creative friends or people you know in game, let them know this thread exists! And even if you aren't the greatest, I really enjoy all the shares and it is a way of expressing yourself, inspiring others, and also sharing a piece of you, because, usually with every photograph submitted, there is a story or quick summary, and that just adds an extra special something to this Thread.

You need to at least Subscribe or follow or check in on the "Forum Games" Section where this Creative Event lives as the newest one will always be closer to the top. So even if you just enjoy and share and vote, that is a lot too! Those votes really count, and the support really matters to keep people engaged & having fun. And who knows, you might find some stuff you really enjoy and/or become better with in general, and you inspire others or can be inspired in the process. Celebrate some Creativity/Art, especially during a time where a lot of people have a lot of extra stress. These things, both participating & supporting/enjoying, can make a huge difference in mood for that day or time or maybe inspire something to do during these times!

For the above: Voting is still open for another couple of days - only 12 people have cast their votes so far!

We have another round of the Prize Descendants Raffle coming up so donations are now open for 24 hours! Please read the rules in the first post and you can find the donation form in my most recent post and linked in the second post. :) Donations are voluntary and we accept eggs, hatchies, and a breeding voucher. This raffle could not be run without the generosity of our donors so a sincere thank you to those who donate and those who attempt to donate but have no luck. 

New Photo Contest is open for entries. Theme: Sports

The new Photo Contest is open for entries! You can't 'knot' enter! XD

DLCcjWR.png  Secret Santa is back!jqBp0WE.png

Secret Santa is a gifting game with a simple idea: each person participating is paired with a secret gifter and a secret giftee. The goal is to fulfill the requests on your giftee's wishlist to the best of your abilities. While one present is enough, the more the better! After all, who doesn't love to find pretty eggs waiting for them in their inbox? 

Come join us at the Secret Santa 2020 thread!

New Bingo Game! Sorry for the late notice, but there are still plenty of points to be collected!

Last week to enter December's photo contest! And a reminder to vote after the entries are in! :D

Hey guys

I'm just coming back after a years-long hiatus due to a broken (and finally replaced!) laptop. Looks like the forums have slowed down a bit... I can't help but notice all of the good collecting contest threads are gone. Did I just overlook them somewhere? 😅

It has been a long year. Happy Holly Daze to everyone. And remember it is never over until really around.... V-Day on DC. That said, there are a TON of raffles and games and contests that go on that some post here, most do not, because I'm not constantly culling and reminding people of it as much, but people still post here, so that makes me glad. In March I had to go Work From Home, which while mostly sweet, also kinda sucked because I'm in a city where, I mean, there is mass transit, and I use it, but I don't have a car (AT LEAST NOT FOR NOW -IT IS COMING THANK GOD IT HAS ONLY BEEN 15 YEARS...)... that leaves getting around places less fun. I used to love to go out and commute and bear the weather. I was built for it. I am mostly home bound and am spoiled. To be fair, I am also over 40, I don't mind having to do transit, but the time has come to make things easier on me and my older hubby. Other than cabs. Anyway, so I work at home, make sure I keep my job, have done a lot of self-work and growth, and taking care of family and between all of that, I just don't have as much time for DC personally, but I am still around. Luffs to all. Best wishes for a better new year even if you had a good one last year.

That said, you will find TONS of Player Events in the Thread Forum Games section and the Trading Section, Usually. Some of us have wanted to do a Collector's even offering to donate our 2G Prize babies almost exclusively, I think CCC (Common Collector's Competition) is the only current active one (they come and go), however, most people HAVE to take off these events for the Holidays because .... as much as Player Events are awesome, it is kinda hard to compete with Holiday obligations and big DC Events. And people often have a lot less time themselves to organize it all and even if they do, the turnout is generally not as awesome, so they go on hiatus a bit during the DC HollyDaze Streak. Please note: There is usually a quick spike between mid Jan to early Feb, and then back after V-Day is finally over and people have recovered. So look for that, because some of them not only post their next calendar days, there are some that are even weekly on the nose. Plenty to do.

However, please know there are several Prize owners who would LOVE to donate 2G Babies (they'll even rotate or take turns or work together to make a nice pot or even a back up prize) if someone is willing to "run and organize" those collection events. And let me say, that is not an easy undertaking!! So if you have an interest, it is possible to get a group of people together to host it, share the load, and then it will be very easy (trust me, I'd donate even being in and out so much), to get Prize or other very nice gifts (people are always very generous, especially when it come to Commons collected and kept, be they from cave or Bred because it benefits the game in lots of ways for everyone) - so know the opportunity is always out there for more if anyone has an interest.

Welcome back, poke around, also check out in the Art/Multimedia section for the ongoing DC Photography Contest which is a lot of fun and offers prizes too. We have a lot of different event types going on, you just asked when people are taking time off cuz you can't compete with big DC events & life obligations. However, the rest of the year you have PLENTY to enjoy, so just hope that helps!