Natayah

Player Activities & Events

49 minutes ago, Lagie said:

PLEASE GO VOTE & SHOW YOUR SUPPORT FOR THIS AWESOME ONGOING ART INSPIRING GAME & EVENT

ALSO THE GGG RAFFLE IS NOW OPEN FOR ENTRIES! SEE LINK ON PRIOR PAGE OR JUST GO THERE & FEESH'S ND RAFFLE IS STILL OPEN FOR TINY BIT LONGER.

GO VOTE, GO WIN, GO SHOW YOUR SUPPORT & STAY INVOLVED!!

TEN THINGS TO TRY BEFORE THE END OF WEEKEND/MIDNIGHT SUN, 6/15/2019. POST WHICH ONES YOU ACCOMPLISHED AND/OR ANY EXPERIENCES/THOUGHTS - WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO BE INVOLVED WITH THE PLAYER COMMUNITY THIS WEEK?

1. Grab at least one Egg from the AP, Incuhatch/Hatch IT, Then Release back to AP and/or Regift!

2. Review TWO Submitted Dragon Descriptions or write ONE NEW Dragon Description!

3. Vote in the DC Photo Contest & Make a Post Saying You Did! Consider Joining this Ongoing Art Game/Event/Contest in the Future!

4. Find a Player Driven/Run Event/Activity/Gifting Thread and Make a Post & Donate and/or Show Support, and/or Offer Thanks/Assistance (if requested) to the Person Running It and/or Share the info About this Event with ONE Other Player.

5. Go Participate in 5 Different Forum Games in the Forum Games Thread. Any of Them! Even if it isn't a Game, any Post Counts if it is in that Sub-Forum, but has to be 5 different threads & 5 different total posts. You can do more if you like. But only one post per thread counts!

6. Breed at least 40 Eggs to the AP! Can you do more? Share how many or a guesstimate or share what breeds/types you bred!

7. Send someone you haven't spoken with via PM on the Forums in the Past 14 Days or more a PM. About Anything, but don't make it SPAM! Make it something worth looking at. It doesn't need to be huge. An offer of Help, Thank you, Checking Up & Saying Hi, Offering Free Breeding, a Teleport of a Hatchling, Egg, or Offer to Breed something they may want, etc! Only needs to be ONE Person & ONE PM. It doesn't need to Contain all these, those were just some inspiration if you needed it.

8. Post a Thread You Like (Any Thread from Anywhere on the Forums) in your post about this Challenge! One is Fine, You can do More, just Don't do More than Ten please! At least for that ONE Post!

9. Think of a Fun Experience You've had Related to DC in the Past 30-60 Days. Even Tangentially Related. Tell us a bit about it in your Post!

10. Do some other Activity or Other not Mentioned Above, and Tell us what you did. If not, tell us a random story or something nifty about you that you haven't posted in this thread before! If you are drawing a blank, ask a question you think others might enjoy answering and make sure you also give an answer too!

Edited by Natayah

Done 1!

Done 2! Reviewing is always fun.

Done 3!

Didn't manage 4 as yet this round as I was scroll-locked and couldn't breed.

5. I tend to hang out in CPA and How High, but back in the day @Darien and I used to sweep Forum Games. XD

6. Did that for osean's mass breed.

7. If glomps count, then done! :)

8. The Doctor Who thread is a bit quiet now between seasons but I know we have many fans here at the forums.

9. I have a friend in real life to whom I'm always showing the new dragons. She really liked the birthday set!

10. I put off going swimming yesterday because I could see from the balcony this large school of fish and a bunch of stalking needlefish. When I did finally go swimming, at one point the little fish swam past me but I never did see the needlefish while I was in the water. I do love to swim!

11. Do you have a favourite 'guilty pleasure'? I watch cartoons in the morning. XD

1. Done, I hope someone finds and loves the little guy! So hard to let him go, they grow up so fast.

2. I reviewed two descriptions! I don't know if I did it right, but I tried. I was so inspired, that I wrote a description as well. It's my first one so I hope it gets approved.

3. Voted and commented, I have participated in the event in the past but have felt too down in the dumps to do it lately. Maybe I'll try again on the next contest. 

4. Participated in the gift exchange! I donated a baby and managed to win two gifts!

5. Done. Games are really interesting. I don't go to that board a lot unless it's for a specific thing. 

6. I've lost count of how many eggs I have breed. I have been trying to create the pride wall for pride month over the last few days and through the next week. Been breeding every morning! 

7. Sending out gifts ~ Sending out gifts ~ ❤️ 

8. All of Creation Wept  Is an RP I am participating in. It's very fun!

9. I finished my first lyrical lineage! Check it out! rpsUO

10. I've gotten really into breeding lyrical lineages! I'm starting work on the Sound of Silence. Still in the CB collection phase, but I am beyond excited to be working on the project. The waiting is the hardest part!

The Prize Descendants Raffle is accepting donations for another five and a half hours! Thank you to those who have already donated, and to those curious about the raffle, follow this link and check it out. Donations accepted are described in the first post and include eggs, hatchies,  and breeding vouchers. We could not have this raffle without the generosity of the donors, those who help advertise, and the many who participate in the raffle itself. There are many gorgeous lineages shared and who doesn’t love a chance to win prizes?! :D

Hi everyone! If you want something fun to do this week, come join us in Midsummer Massbreed-week, where we breed dragons by color for every day of the week! The week starts today, and we are kicking things off with RED and PINK dragons. You can breed as many or as few dragons as you want and color interpretation is up to you. Come join in on the fun!

I would greatly appreciate the Player Community taking at least the next few days, if not the rest of this week, to share and post and keep updated about the events, and events that are taking donations, upcoming, open for free entries, changing status (like the Mid-Summer Breeding Event), please feel free to repost and update those each day if you like. That is what this Thread is for. I am not in a good place for writing things right now. Thank you for your understanding.

Back at the Midsummer Massbreed-thread we are getting close to the halfway mark, because today is day 3 and it’s time for green!

If you haven’t participated yet but want to, don’t worry because you can join in and drop out any time you want, and breed any colors that you missed on Sunday ^_^ 

Tomorrow it is time to breed BLUE dragons, and I know for one it’s gonna take a while to get through that, so be prepared! :D

Lots of stuff to do and participate in this week, see all the above posts. If you ain't following these threads to stay on top, or at least following this thread for updates (probably best to do both), then you are going to miss out on stuff. If you aren't in it, you can't win it. Go show love, go show support, and go WIN the WORLD! And don't forget to post so people are aware these threads are active when they are active, and if people aren't posting about an active thread here, or a thread that could use some support and/or promotion, share it! Don't make the person running it always have to do it unless they ask you NOT to do that. If it is DC related, anyone can post about it here once a day. If there are updates to that thingie, then you can post more than once a day due to an update/status change, whatever. That would justify it as NOT spamming. But this is why this thread exists. Why not use it and make some friends and get involved and win some things and remember.... the only way to improve your odds of WINNING BIG - is to SHARE the info! How about some of those who have won some cool things in the past 6 months, if you are willing, feel free to post and some of the things you do to stay involved, participate, promote, share, donate, enter and WIN so people know I am not just crazy. I have science backing me up, and I got lots of you as my examples, but feel free to share your own experiences.

The more the word gets out, the more awesome people we have, and the more we all win, including winning personally on multiple levels. It's ok to be greedy. Greedy Altruism is still Altruism!

The Alternate Lives Raffle is now open for donations and will remain open for the next 24 hours. This raffle focuses on making Spriter’s Altkin accessible to all! Information on how to donate to the raffle can be found in the second post of the thread.

Donating is entirely voluntary, with no pressure. Donating is not required to enter the raffle, nor does it grant extra benefits. If you can’t donate this time, that’s fine! The raffle will open in approximately 24 hours, with wonderful prizes to win! Thank you for your enthusiasm, and have a wonderful day!

Happy July! We got Lots of Celebrate over the next week or two with lots of international Holidays. I'm going to be super busy until 7/4/2019 (I have that day off, so I'll do some updates here), but it is time to celebrate, and there is often and Early July Celebration in DC, so watch for new releases and/or some DC Official Event fun!!

Prize Descendants Raffle: Now Open for FREE Entries for some very Lower Gen Prize & Prizekin Lines, including a 2G Gold Tinsel (from me) & a 2G Prizekin (From Dragoness) and a LOT of every very nice lines to give everyone lots to choose from. Go share the news, support the thread, get entered, say thanks, make a post that you entered so people are aware of the thread, follow the thread, and share the love of watching our Player Event & Activities Grow, and those who participate & support them grow. So come out a WINNER twice by free raffle wins of very nice things, and help share the news with other people. They will greatly appreciate it.

Color that AP: We had a wonderful June Mass Breed Event. It was a lot of fun and really kept those AP Times Low. Be aware there could be a new release so be careful on locking yourself up, but in the meantime, lower that AP Time by breeding some of your dragons from the previous event that are ready to breed again. Also, think of lots of COLOR. Summer is Here, Fireworks are a common display, and many international countries celebrate all sorts of holiday. Let's add some color, some nice lines, some extra eggs and more to the AP to help people have fun while they spend their extra holiday time poking around the Cave & AP. And if you fill up on new releases for any dragons you won or whatever other reasons to lock, that is the PERFECT time to breed. Just Auto Abandon that stuff to the AP!

Please continue to Post ANY Upcoming Player Event and/or Activity or Promote it with POSTS to this thread. People will often follow here to see what's going on, so it is a great place to share, even if it is your OWN place. It doesn't have to be just raffles. It can be anything from the Thread, or any resource or Site that is DC related. Get some Publicity Out.

If you get bored during any Holiday time, there are over 24 pages of activities and things you can do in your down time besides raffles and events. Go thru the thread and see if any of those previous suggestions sound interesting to you!!

And feel free to share anything fun you are doing or have done (DC or IRL) for your Early July Week or Two Holidays or other Life so we can all celebrate together!

Edited by Natayah

10 hours ago, Natayah said:

Be aware there could be a new release so be careful on locking yourself up, but in the meantime, lower that AP Time by breeding some of your dragons from the previous event that are ready to breed again.

Psst. There was a new release a few hours before you posted this! XD

Happy Canada Day!

21 hours ago, Natayah said:

Happy July! We got Lots of Celebrate over the next week or two with lots of international Holidays. I'm going to be super busy until 7/4/2019 (I have that day off, so I'll do some updates here), but it is time to celebrate, and there is often and Early July Celebration in DC, so watch for new releases and/or some DC Official Event fun!!

Prize Descendants Raffle: Now Open for FREE Entries for some very Lower Gen Prize & Prizekin Lines, including a 2G Gold Tinsel (from me) & a 2G Prizekin (From Dragoness) and a LOT of every very nice lines to give everyone lots to choose from. Go share the news, support the thread, get entered, say thanks, make a post that you entered so people are aware of the thread, follow the thread, and share the love of watching our Player Event & Activities Grow, and those who participate & support them grow. So come out a WINNER twice by free raffle wins of very nice things, and help share the news with other people. They will greatly appreciate it.

STILL TIME TO ENTER & WIN!! SHARE THE NEWS - IF YOU DIDN'T WIN JUNE'S DC RAFFLE, WHY NOT SIGN UP TO WIN SOME SUPER NICE AND SOME SUPER RARE PRIZE LINES/KINS & SHARE THE INFO WITH SOME FRIENDS! NEW MONTH, NEW RELEASES, FREE TO ENTER - HOW CAN YOU LOSE?? GO ENTER & CONSIDER MAKING A POST TO REMIND OTHERS!

Hey everyone! It's time for another round of gift exchange. :D Go check it out!

On 7/3/2019 at 10:17 AM, Aqub said:

Hey everyone! It's time for another round of gift exchange. :D Go check it out!

I would like to take some time to really support this Event, the Gift Exchange. It is an amazing newer Player Event and a ton a fun and very different and always awesome. We need to get more people in on this. We need to get people other than our more established bigger scroll always donating people. So let's take the time to maybe share it with others, and also find ways to encourage others who may feel a bit daunted by "not having anything good enough worth donating." So let me offer a few suggestions. It might be helpful for some of us to brainstorm together things that are "nice gifts" that others may overlook, and possibly post them in this thread to let ALL players know that there isn't a high bar of needing to have top notch rare dragons in order to donate something to "gift and enter" and they don't feel it is "unworthy". 

So I'll make a few suggestions, and if you all want to chime in, let's brainstorm so we can get more people more regularly in on this. I understand I was a bit busy as were many others with MANY international holidays and/or works. But we still see it want to grow ongoing and have more players step up and realize they have a lot of things awesome to donate as well.

1. Higher EG PB or Checker Lines can be really awesome, especially if they are interesting combos that aren't commonly bred together (this can include super commons), Holidays, BSA's, Hybrids, or Themed Lineages like Rainbows, Songs/Poems/Quotes Etc (Lyric Lineages), PureBred Thuwed Only Lines (or checker Thuweds too or Stairs or others), Dorkface and other "famous" dragon Lines, Lines with Spriters Alts in Base, etc. And these aren't always as hard to find as you would think. Sometimes you can just ask someone to breed you two parents that will make you a fun baby to gift. And everyone who has "I will breed for free or on request" take them up on that! Feel free to ask for two parents you can breed together. Feel free to ask for some of their favorite lines that they aren't always being demanded to breed but are some of their favorites. You will find some real treasures this way! Or start your own lineage, feel free to look at the Breeding Subforums for various lineage inspiration and ideas, or take a few commons and combo them and gift them out, you would be amazed how much people love this stuff. Also people like gifting out nicer checkers from Metals, Prizes, etc, and sometimes you can combo those together to make cool children. Don't think you have to breed everything from scratch, but when you do, you do get full control and can be a bit more artistic and inspired.

2. CB Commons, especially newer releases in the past year to 1.5 years. Or BSAs or Non-Standard Dragons (Pygmies, Two Heads, Drakes, etc.) that people keep meaning to collect, but don't seem to have the time to do cuz they are busy with other things, and sometimes will even trade for these.  Also the popular ones that always are popular like: Whites, Blacks, Nebula, The List Goes on. You Know the Popular Long time dragons! Take them, hatch them, and put them in a combo hatchling pack. You would be amazed how well these go over.

3. Hatchling Packs from the AP. Obviously BSAs are always going to be popular, but just pick thru things and look for decent lineages like checkers, CBs (there are PLENTY of CBs in the AP, you will find all sorts of awesome things. It doesn't matter that you didn't grab it from the Cave or bred it. You found it, you hatched it. Again, I'd take a few of these and bundle them together. 

4. Things that Can Alt. from the AP. Vines, Blacks, Undines, Gemshards and more. Find some lines and hatch those and see how you do and if you get something that alts or colors interestingly from its lineage. Donate them! People love Alts! Whether they let it grow up and/or freeze it, people want to collect alts in all forms and stages and don't always get the chance to get as many as they want. 

5. Be Open that you are trying to grow your "nicer dragons" on your scroll as the idea is to have nice things to regift. You would be amazed at how many people would even response with offers you didn't solicit. Take advantage of this. Put it in your Sig. Don't forget to post on the forums so people can see your sig. They will gift you things that will allow you to breed things that will make offspring that is nice to regift. Accept their kindness and don't feel guilty about it. Because your idea is that you want to regift and pass on the kindness, and then you will do the same for others in time, and you will be making those breeders SUPER happy. I mean, I love giving people gifts that they are going to get excited about. But.... if I knew the point was so that they could grow specifically regift and be a member contributing to the Player Community in an awesome good way and will give to others and encourage others and pass it on, I would be over the moon with delight. So let us breeders be happy and give gifts that are for good reasons and causes and accept those gifts and pass it on because that is what we want to do. You help us invest in the future of this Player Community and Game.

Any other Suggestions? If anyone wants to say they are willing to take offers for breeding, especially for this sort of thing, please feel free to post that too. That counts as a Player Event/Activity, because YOU are a player doing an Activity of Gifting and Breeding, and most events ultimately involve some sort of gifting of dragons. That works for me. If you want to add any specifics or link to your breeding lists, rules, what is available, etc. do that! This is the heart of what most of DC is about. Collecting Dragons, Breeding Dragons, collecting their babies, swapping and gifting their babies, and the cycle repeats.

Edited by Natayah

WHO IS READY FOR ANOTHER ROUND FOR THE GGG RAFFLE?!?!?!? MAKE SURE YOU ARE FOLLOWING AND/OR WATCHING AND/OR SHARING THE THREAD WITH OTHERS SO YOU & OTHERS CAN BE READY FOR FUN & WINS!!!

BACK TO BACK TO BACK JULY PLAYER RAFFLES, EVENTS, ACTIVITIES & FUN!! LET'S GET INVOLVED & SUPPORT THESE & HAVE FUN!!!!

1. Glittering Gold GiveAway - Open for Donations, Open for Free Entries Soon!

Donation Status: OPEN Donations Acceptance Start: 7/6 at 9:00PM CT Donation Acceptance End: 7/7 at 9:00PM CT

Raffle Start: 7/7 at 11:00PM CT Raffle End: 7/8 at 11:00PM CT

2. Alternative Lives Raffle - Open Shortly! Almost Back to Back with GGG, Plan Out Your Donations & Be Ready to Enter to Win!

Donations: Open: 7/9 @ ~ 9 AM DC Time Close: 7/10 @ ~ 9 AM DC Time 

Raffle: Open: 7/10 @ ~10 AM DC Time Close: 7/11 @ ~10 AM DC Time

3. DC Photo Contest - Open for Photo Submissions until 7/9/19 & Voting Opens Shortly Thereafter - Theme: Empty - Get Creative & Take a Pic Along with those Other Pics You've Been Taking this Month!! Be Inspired & Artistic! Also remember to vote & support & be inspired by the shared creativity & art!

4. DC Gift Exchange - Every Wednesday over a 24 hour period - Visit the Thread for this Unique & Awesome Gift Swap Event each Week! Get Involved & Support & Share!

5. Prize Descendants RaffleUpcoming Soon for Prize Lineages which Everyone Loves to Donate & Win - Get Ready, Prepare & Share!

Donations: Open: Saturday 7/13 @ 9:45 p.m. DC Time Close: Sunday 7/14 @ 9:45 p.m. DC Time

Raffle:  Open: Sunday 7/14 @ 10:00 p.m. DC Time Close: Monday 7/15 @10:00 p.m. DC Time

WHAT EVENTS DID I MISS?!?!? WHAT EVENTS DESERVE SOME PROMOTION?!?!?! DON'T FORGET TO SHARE & POST ANY & ALL UPCOMING PLAYER EVENTS, INCLUDING RE-POSTING AS THEY GET CLOSER TO MAKE SURE EVERYONE KNOWS TO DONATE, PARTICIPATE & ENTER & SHARE & SUPPORT CUZ THAT IS WHAT WE'RE ALL HERE TO DO!!! LET'S HAVE FUN & PARTY & CELEBRATE JULY IN STYLE!!!!

Edited by Natayah

5 hours ago, Natayah said:

3. DC Photo Contest - Open for Photo Submissions until 7/9/19 & Voting Opens Shortly Thereafter - Theme: Empty - Get Creative & Take a Pic Along with those Other Pics You've Been Taking this Month!! Be Inspired & Artistic! Also remember to vote & support & be inspired by the shared creativity & art!

Don't make me win by default! XD ENTER!