Natayah

Player Activities & Events

1. What have been some of your favorite or frequented threads over the years, via requests and/or support/gifting that you've used. As these are ongoing resources, we don't always highlight them enough, so I'd like to hear about things you have used, still use, support, etc., or deserve some more love and support. If you want to talk about any cool experiences, please do so. This will allow us to send some love and support their way! 

Some of the ones I would have posted have already been mentioned, but there are a few I would like to highlight.

The Mentoring Project - over the years has helped many new players navigate the sometimes confusing world of the Cave and the forum. I was especially pleased to read this recent recommendation of the project by someone who was mentored as a new player!

Breast Cancer Hope Lineage - raising awareness and spreading the Hope of a cure - Pink Dragons in a specially dedicated lineage

Great Lineages Found in the AP - a place to thank the breeders, both known and unknown, who contribute the eggs we pick up in the AP.

Encyclopedia Helpers - Users post links to some of the dragons that may be difficult to find for those who are trying to unlock the encyclopedia entries.

2. Anything interesting or non-interesting that you'd like to share about an IRL or DC related story in the past 3 months? Just want to thank again the two people who gifted me with specific 2nd gen Prizekins that I needed as mates for Prizes that I own (also both gifts!) Who says this is not a friendly community???

3. If you could pursue any type of hobby or activity more (real life), or start pursuing it, what would it be and why? You don't have to delve into personal details, or if you currently have an obsession already eating your time, feel free to share about that! I would really like to learn how to knit properly! My feeble attempts at self-instruction have failed miserably!

4. This may require a little homework, but we need to show love and support beyond what we consider "standard player events." We also gotta think about forum fun and supporting all sorts of creative and fun activities and inspiration. It is what builds this Community. So here are the questions:

A: Go to the Forum Games Sub-Forum. Pick a Max of 5 Games, Player Activity or Just Random Forum Fun that either you enjoy, or you think others might enjoy.

Only 5? I love the game forum because it is a great way to entertain yourself while waiting for those stubborn eggs to hatch, etc.

Some of my favorites are word games like Random Words and Word Worm.

How high can you count before a mod posts - just what it says! Players try to count as high as they can before a mod jumps in and stops the count. Rinse. Repeat.

Count to 1,000,000! Again, just what it says. It has been going on for many years and we are only up to 46,228, so we could obviously use some help here!

BINGO (although this particular round may not be the best example, due to issues with the host being on post moderation - previous rounds include this and this, which may be more typical.) "This game is just like any old other bingo except we use dragons. And don't have a board; instead, we just count whether or not you have the dragon(s). We're just that awesome."

B: Go to the Art Forum, Especially Original Works, but Really Anywhere. Pick a Max of 5 Threads of Artists, Events, Discussions, Etc. You would Like to Highlight. Again, they don't need to be ones you love or do yourself, but ones you think are interesting. 

The 1-Stop Banner Shop - appears to be back in business for now.

Shokomon's Pile of Arts - which includes some badges for Cave events

And although it was already mentioned I can't leave out Tabs DRAWS

C. Go to the General Discussion Sub-Forum Pick a Max of 3 Discussions that You Either Find Interesting, or That Others Might Find Interesting. 

What should you be doing right now? - Much as we love the forum, we know that often there are other things we should be doing instead - what should you be doing?

Q&A: Questions and Answers - Wondering about something? Here is a place to ask and (perhaps) get answers from other players.

D. If you are Comfortable Discussion the RolePlay Forum (not everyone does Forum Roleplay or may not know anything about it), feel free to highlight any particular open games, or just talk about it if this has been something you enjoy reading, participating, or just browsing thru.  

I guess I fall into that doesn't do it and doesn't know anything about it category. ;) 

5. What do you think about the questions above? 

They were fun to answer and I even learned a bit about areas of the forum I don't visit often (like GD.)

I suppose I'd go with the M&Ms.  XD  They truly are versatile dragons that tend to look good with almost any breed you put them with.  Nebulae are my standbys, for sure.   

I'm going to sit this week out for breeding, except for maybe a couple of ongoing projects I'm trying to get finished, but I'm beat.  k

TIME TO ENTER TO WIN A FREE UNGENDERED ND HATCHLING VIA FEESH'S ND RAFFLE !!

Here's your chance to win a very rare dragon for FREE just by entering the raffle but act fast because it isn't open for super long! This one is extra special because we also had a donor contribute so we could have a raffle sooner! Please make sure you've told at least one other person about this in the present, recent past or near future and help hype the thread by making a post in it even just to say I entered thanks for the raffle as it draws attention to the thread, but if you want to remind people, add signature info or other feel free to do this too. I ONLY recommend these actions because previous winners have taken the same actions and WON obviously by this scientific correlation!! I want YOU to WIN BIG!!

March is almost over! So that means we need to start supporting, hyping, and getting some Player Events & Activities Going, from simple things like fun breedings to supporting ongoing Gifting & Other cool threads, including our beloved raffles and other games and activities, and maybe consider something special on our own. Is there something you would like to see as an idea, something you think would be a cool "one shot" idea to try out, even if not for yourself, or something you are doing right now to help support it, even if it is helping keep people aware, being friendly and inviting and helpful to others, posting dragons on the forums in giveaway threads and/or helping with breeding requests, or helping keeping that AP low by doing some breeding runs, even if they aren't super huge? Tell us your thoughts, what you are doing, and things we can do to help get more involved with what already exists and things we might need to consider for the future, even if it is just brainstorming to inspire new ideas! And this can also be things like "Hey, it is a lot of fun to spend time playing silly games in the Forum Games Thread in between breeding to the AP when you are full of dragons!" Share what you do, even if it seems silly and small, because it will encourage others to share, and when we start sharing things, we help motivate and support each other and the community, and we get the energy going and it ripples out from there. Let's get some Ripples started!

Also, because I thought this was SUCH a fun AP Breeding Theme (the Greens and the "War of the AP" Breeding Themed Game), that I thought it might be fun to re-post it, and have you all tell me which ones you end up breeding the most, which you might support more for whatever reasons, want to see more, maybe inspire a dragon description, and/or what you are noticing more in the AP. That AP time is above 5 days, and really, we want it to be at 5 days or LOWER so things can be incuhatched and moved and going because it makes it easier to build scrolls, share, and regift. So let's see what we can do this weekend and next week, and you can play the War of the AP and celebrate the Spring (with Green and Seasonals, or tell us what Green means to you and why you enjoy breeding Green Dragons to support whatever holiday, theme, charity, project, idea/concept, inspiration, etc.) Did you Breed or Bread any Dragons this Week? What are you doing to get your babies out there, even if you are posting the nicer ones on the forums as FFA or other fun ways! If you have a nice line, you can do a "mini raffle or lotto" and post it in Giveaway Trading Threads and let people submit random junk eggs for a limited time and choose a random winner. THIS IS ALLOWED! You don't need to make an entire new thread and/or event to give a lucky person a bit of a nicer line you feel like gifting, but want it to be more open and more random as to where it may go. Or this may be a time to check out some of the Gifting, WishList, and Requests Threads to see if there is anything you want to help someone find that they are looking for, or find someone who may not have a million of certain types of dragons and allow them a 1 free request of various dragons on your scroll. You will be amazed at how often people are blown away and shocked by these offers and have a great time picking out from stuff you don't consider your rarest and most amazing dragons ever, but you know they are still pretty amazing dragons that people would LOVE to have. Have some fun & consider sharing your experiences and/or stories and/or suggestions and/or things you like to do along these lines or other things, you may inspire others to do more too!

1. Round One: Breed ALL the GREEN Dragons - Not only are we now into Spring (so all the seasonals!), important Earth Day, Arbor Day, National Parks & Forests Days, Recycle/Save the Earth Days and Months are coming up! Spring is here! Let's get some GREEN out there!

2. Round Two: Battle of the AP, Storm the AP & Flood over to Take Power!

Armies are Marching into the AP to overwhelm and take over. Let's send out the various armies and factions in waves to the AP and see who will win:

Army 1: The Rulers & Rich: All those Fancy Metallic, Rare, Beautiful and Dragons Descended from Great Lineages & Prestigious & Patterned need to protect the Royalty and Positions! Send them to the AP to fight the battle, especially if you want them to win!

Army 2: The Commoners: Those Common Dragons? Those Biome Blockers? Those Dragons that just sit in the way and keep breeding and showing up! They outnumber and can easily overtake all! The Commoners have joined together, will they overtake this war?

Army 3: The Non-Majority: Tired of being forgotten and overlooked by those with larger masses and those with power, the Overlooked and Often Forgotten have NOT Forgotten! They are ready to take over and be represented! Send all your "non-normal dragons" to the AP. This will include breeds like Pygmies, Two-Headed, Drakes, but can also be any dragon you feel is underrepresented and needs more attention! They will noticed, and they shall be heard!

Army 4: The Mercantile & Middle Class: Always the Long time Favorites, these dragons may not be the richest, but they are well loved and respected and often are the most common dragons that continue to be sought out for several reasons. These could include beloved older dragons like Nebula, Whites, Blacks, Hybrids, BSAs, or any sort of dragon that you love but may not fall into what people consider "rare and exclusive." Or are super beautiful and amazing, but may not be as "rare" as some. They are the entire backbone of this society and they will not just be stuck in the middle. It is time for them to take the power they deserve and be recognized, and for those already recognized, assume the mantle of authority and power!

Edited by Natayah

The voting is open for the DC Photo Contest!

Go. Vote!

11 minutes ago, Lagie said:

The voting is open for the DC Photo Contest!

Go. Vote!

Time To get the VOTE OUT! Go Show your Support! And go look at some lovely pictures and be all inspired and culturally richer for enjoying art! And make a post that you voted so we remember to give our threads that do fun stuff love, attention, support AND we also help others find it, and we can get some others to join in with the creative arting!

Things To Do This Week (or Whenever):

1. Visit the Descrip Force Thread to Learn more About Dragon Descriptions, Get Help with Writing & Reviewing. Write a Description this Week. Or start thinking of inspiration. Consider reviewing 1-2 Player Submitted Dragon Descrips (this helps get things approved, able to view, and lowers the queue faster and helps the MODS out a TON, as well as the Player!). While you are at it, why don't you post your favorite 1-2 able to be viewed (approved or pending) Dragon Descriptions that YOU have written here!

2. Visit the Trading & Gifting and the Breeding subforums and pick out at least one thread in each you don't normally promote and visit it. Consider helping it out, or checking it out, and mentioning it here if you feel it deserves a little promotion. You can also pick 1-2 of your favorite threads in each of these sub-forums if you would like to promote them as well. While it is Spring, and we are talking about Gifting & Breeding, why don't you mention some dragons (not specifics, but line types, breeds, special lineages, prizes, various type category, etc. or just randomness) you've bred to the AP and/or regifted via these threads or other methods this week. Let's consider some Breeding to the AP!! Having fun on some Breeding runs either specific themes, breeds or just chaos? Share your adventures here! We love those Lower AP Times, even if it means walls sometimes. Because when there is a wall and you a change of pace.... there is a lot of forum to explore out there, or some of your own breeding you can send to the AP to "break up and add some variety" in the future! Spring Has Sprung! Have your dragons started wooing each other?

3. Pick up some eggs from the AP! Have some fun too! Even if you hatch and regift them! Any random eggs you've picked up from the AP in the past few weeks you want to share regardless if you think the line is a super special find? I've had quite some fun with CB eggs, including passing some of those hatchlings on to others, and keeping some for myself!

4. Look at the The Birthday Gifting Thread! Speaking of Spring, a lot of things will be born in the coming months, as different beings, creatures, and others pair off and produce offspring. What are some of your favorite dragon "pairs" to breed that you may sometimes forget about because they aren't your most in demand, shiniest, or because you love them for some reasons that are more special to you than others? With New Births mean new future BIRTHDAYS! Have you considered visiting The Birthday Gifting Thread to help fellow players celebrate their special day with special gifts that are on their wishlist? Or sign up for your own Birthday WishList! What dragons would you like to see bred more often, either as purebreds, as offspring, as a massbreed, or other?

5. Have you looked at and considered submitting for the open submissions for the Festival of Eggs Submission Threads which is an annual event that allows us to collect BEAUTIFUL eggs for a DC Event! This is a chance for anyone and everyone to submit! Even if you don't feel confident, consider thinking about this option, and if you really still feel not ready, but think you might like to do something like this in the future, check out the Art Support & Spriting & Development Threads on this Site! For official DC Artists & Spriters, those wanting to learn & develop including with the support of the Artist Community, or even run your own art or other creative art thread? Check out our various Art Forums and see what you can contribute, post, create, and share! Get involved to inspire, grow and share!

6. Remember the Forum Games SubForum? Have any of you checked out, poked around, already been obsessed or become obsessed or sometimes pop in to play some of the games or join in some of the fun? So anything that is your new or older addiction, something you now enjoy? Let's post and share them, and if not, go to this forum, take a look at some of the games and try them out and post your 5 favorite! We need to put some Spring and Fun and Games into our DC and Lives!

7. Is this color red, orange, or orange red? How about we just talk about something we've READ! What is something interesting you've READ lately? On DC, in real life, on the internet, a book or article or anything that used your eyeballs to intake text, unless you have trouble reading then obviously however you take in your verbiage via something written or spoken. Talk and/or post about it, and if you want to include ONE DC thing, and then something else, feel free to share both, just don't post something that is going to be not appropriate or negative in some way as we prefer POSITIVE BUILDING and INSPIRING things to help build up the Player Community, and that means the entire community. So let's not post about how we read about how kicking puppies is good for your health! But you can post about poking poor baby dragon eggs. That at least applies to the game and sometimes causes happy players and rare dragons!

8. What Else Did you Do or Want to do or Will do this week?? What else do you think some other people should do related to the game this week? Post it and answer it here! Feel free to post about as much as you want, but .... if it goes more than a few paragraph, I'd ask to cap it around there.

Edited by Natayah

Join the new Round of DC Photo Contest by Ruby - With our Favorite Theme we can all relate: Procrastination! Get inspired and consider submitting something, and please remember to vote and support this ongoing artistic game and project for the DC Community!!

Also the new Raffle Dragons are Light Element Themed. Keep breeding dragons of all types to the AP, but consider this month about the Light Elemental Themed Dragons so we can help our fellow players in the AP find Light Element Themed Dragons they can use, and possibly enjoy and keep on their scrolls for the future! And keep sharing the lights of the lower AP times and many useful and fun and lovely dragons you all have and share so much!

The Alternate Lives Raffle is now open for donations and will remain open for the next 24 hours. This raffle focuses on making Spriter’s Altkin accessible to all! Information on how to donate to the raffle can be found in the second post of the thread.

Donating is entirely voluntary, with no pressure. Donating is not required to enter the raffle, nor does it grant extra benefits. If you can’t donate this time, that’s fine! The raffle will open in approximately 24 hours, with wonderful prizes to win! Thank you for your enthusiasm, and have a wonderful day!

https://forums.dragcave.net/topic/178725-alternate-lives-raffles-raffle-closed/

9 hours ago, Rosastrasza said:

The Alternate Lives Raffle is now open for donations and will remain open for the next 24 hours. This raffle focuses on making Spriter’s Altkin accessible to all! Information on how to donate to the raffle can be found in the second post of the thread.

Donating is entirely voluntary, with no pressure. Donating is not required to enter the raffle, nor does it grant extra benefits. If you can’t donate this time, that’s fine! The raffle will open in approximately 24 hours, with wonderful prizes to win! Thank you for your enthusiasm, and have a wonderful day!

I Want to be Very Clear this message is posted by ME and me alone. Rosa did not influence me to post this any way. I want you all to consider a few things:

1. There isn't a lot of Raffles going on very regularly right now. Normally we have at least a handful that gives people a variety of ways to gift, participate and have fun. People have had a lot of IRL issues. @Rosastrasza had some herself and had to pull back a bit on the submissions she accepts in order to keep being able to do this. So please support this raffle if you can. Please participate. Please share your gems. I understand Breeding Sometimes Sucks. But lets do what we can. People go on hiatus. Raffles disappear or stop. It happens. New ones or old ones will come back or emerge. Don't be afraid to try something out. It is ok if you don't like it and never do it again. But if you miss something, maybe this is a calling to you to at least consider a group effort for doing something new.

2. Please do not take anyone having to make an IRL decision on a raffle as anything meant personally. It is literally pull back a bit so a player can balance life vs a dragon pixel hobby raffle, or not do it at all. That is what usually happens. The best raffles will eventually wane when the players are weighed down by life. We are lucky in this instance. We didn't lose this beloved raffle. If there are other raffles that you haven't seen in awhile, send that person running it some support for whatever is going on that may be keeping them busy. Because we care, not because we want them to run a raffle. But, they do a lot of work, and sometimes that appreciation is needed outside of the raffle times themselves. However, if you would like to gift more of your dragons, and you have some special dragons, but they may be higher gen spriters' alts lines, or they may be another kind of special dragon (CB Prizes, NDs, Rares, Fun Lineages, HMs, Female Hollies, Upside Down Mints, CB Alts, BSAs, whatever), consider running a raffle of your own. Even as a one-shot to try it. If you want me to create a thread where there is a "Any Player Can Run a Raffle Here" Thread, I will do that if you don't feel comfortable making your own. If you want help and support on how to do it, or want someone else to run it but you will donate some prizes, and get other people, especially if they are nice prizes, or "Breeding Vouchers" for future offspring, usually where they have a bit of choice or can pick from a group of goodies, then we can arrange that. Just post here, or send me a PM, and we'll make this happen. I can keep things private about you needing to discuss any frustrations or fears or insecurities or whatever. And I will be glad to help you get to the place where we can make this happen. Our player community LOVES raffles, giveaways, various game varieties, so the sky is the limit! Don't think you have nothing to donate. I think a BSA Raffle One Off of like BSA Hatchlings or "Valuable" BSA Lines would be a great Theme that lots could participate in, or we could select a small group and let that group run it. No one says your raffle needs to be open to everyone donating and overwhelm you with 600 donations and 4527034 entries! It is ok to start small, do something once in awhile, or once only and never again. Just something to consider! And that can include offering cool lines in the Community Departures Thread, telling people to post junk eggs and you will pick a random one in XX amount of time. Just as good, especially if it is a line people love from you, you are really proud of, or you are always getting bugged to breed and you hate IOUs or just don't want to deal with IOUs at all. Heck, some people just randomly drop teleports of super valued lines and whoever grabs it first gets it and they don't announce it. Do as you please, but if you want to advertise or give a heads up to people here, do that!

3. If you have lines that meets the newer requirements of the Alternative Lives Raffle, please donate them. I'm speaking specifically to you richer, older players, you lucky ducky grabbed a super duper line players, you players with awesome friends, and even the artists in the community and Spriters yourself. Tired of IOU lists? Tired of being bothered about your Spriters Alts? Want a way to gift them out in a more fair and fun way when you FEEL like it? Sure you can do random breeding to the AP and that is awesome. But Rosa has set up a really fair and fun and engaging way for the Entire Player Community to get involved, and the people who get involved get really excited when we have rare and interesting and fun things from people who are able to either create and/or have access to those lineages. Would you consider donating once in awhile? A "Big Prize" draws a lot more excitement for the raffle, and also gives a lot of the player base access to things they don't always have the ability to get. I think it would be cool to have just ONE 2G Spriters' Alt per Raffle if the Artists and Spriters would be willing to consider this. It is also an easy way to deal with "requests for breedings of your SAltkins" You can say, "I want XYZ Trade, I will Contact You, or I only gift my babies as I judge don't ask." In a way, it kinda makes your life easier. People can be directed to the Raffle if they are just not willing to follow your rules by a notation in your profile, or don't even notate it at all. It is just something to consider. We appreciate all the hard work and amazing creativity and support for up and coming artists all of you do and feedback on Dragon Descriptions. But ultimately, you have something lots of people want, and I know for some, that gets really annoying after awhile. Here is a nice, easy, and fair way for many people to get access to something they really want without you having to deal with it personally!! Win Win?? It also allows those who win to breed lines others will want, and then consider those for future donations too so everything just keeps paying it forward!!

4. Some of you may have some really fancy 3G's & 4G's that maybe you bred out yourself, or are willing to breed out, but are super busy with life and don't maintain IOU lists and don't feel like taking breeding requests or maybe just don't care about dragon values at this point. Or have so many they seem to be just special dragons but not like they were once to you perhaps. These are great ways to get them out into the world for people who will love them, and it doesn't require much effort but a breeding effort when the thread comes around. Follow the thread to get a notification when it is open, breed a few things, donate them via a quick simple form.... you are DONE. Heck, you can even be anonymous. Or if you want to give back, but just as you feel inclined or as you have time - these raffles are the way to go. Don't overlook this opportunity and that way you don't have to hunt down people who want it, or deal with trades, or just do a random AP toss. Those are fun, but in these raffles, people enter who specifically want and would love that line, and often pass it on thru future breedings. So it has lots of love, and keeps people engaged and enjoying the game. If you can't enjoy it quite as much as you used to, or your enjoyment has changed, why not share and let the roll of fate make decisions you don't have to worry about? Besides, you got plenty of other things to worry about! Keep it Simple, and this raffle does that!

Edited by Natayah

9 hours ago, Rosastrasza said:

The Alternate Lives Raffle is now open for entrants and will remain open for the next 24 hours. This raffle focuses on the distribution of Spriter’s Altkin, and information on how to enter the raffle can be found in the second post.

https://forums.dragcave.net/topic/178725-alternate-lives-raffles-raffle-open/

1. Please Share This Info with Others so we can get more people invited and involved with this raffle and the Player Community. Would you consider revisiting the Socializing & Communicating & Other Player Activity building relations and help I post to links to a few essays in this thread? That link is in one of the first few posts. If you are not already comfortable doing this or need a reminder of ideas. If you have some ideas to add of things you do, please do that for me? I would love to add some other ideas and points of view to this. If you are going to do that, please make THAT POST about that one topic so it doesn't get lost in a thread of other things. You can double post for this thing. I want to get some more ideas other than my own essay. If you want to send me a PM and have me post it anonymously, for this or any other helpful topic, I am always glad to do that.

2. Don't feel you have good options to donate to this raffle, or would like more options? If you would like to know how to do that, I recommend looking at my Reference List Post, and also read my "Socializing & Making Breeding Requests" essays links in the first few posts. These will be very helpful. Also, feel free to post here posting things you are wanting to look for so you can get guidance, but be careful not to be too specific so this isn't a direct breeding request cuz there are several threads in which you can do that, However, if some of you breeders would be glad to take breeding requests for others (especially since this is a Player Activity to help the Players and Community, so you have some more freedom) to help them make lines that they can donate to this, and other raffles that are really nifty, be them Spriters Alts or not, would you post this? I feel that offering to Breed for free (or very little, assuming you discuss that via PM and not your post) constitutes as a "Player Activity" so that people know who to go to and who is really wanting to take Breeding Requests. Feel free to post some Group links or Spreadsheets or specific dragon lines that may be more helpful, or have people PM you if they don't know what to ask for. Again, they will need to PM you, but you make reference an outside link(s), your profile, or requesting PMs.

3. Please contact me or post something in this thread if you would like to share more of your dragons, but aren't sure how so we can help you. Or send me a PM so I can help advise. Even if you aren't going to do it right away. I am going to start interviewing people who run events as references because I want to see more of you doing more things even if you work with others. If you would LIKE to work with others, like you donate the stuff, and they run the game, raffle, giveaway, activity, etc., post this. You might be really happy with finding a buddy or group. And if you would like to run a raffle but would like a few specific ongoing big donators, post that too. I missing doing the BBB Games. But my CB Prize has been a butt lately on breeding and is not doing well, so I want to get some people some 2G offspring, so I've gotta hold out on committing to anything in the near future. HOWEVER, there are a LOT of prize owners who would really like to do this, or rotate thru a group who does this and take turns on offering a "Breeding Voucher" or offer it for the Group of them, and whoever breeds it first, that is what you get. You can also do other special dragons.

4. Who are some people you would like to see "interviewed" with some specific questions? Like people who have run events in the past or currently, people who own rare dragons and how they handle their donating/gifting, etc, and/or also very involved in the Community Players who do a lot of stuff all over the place? I think all three are great, and more ideas, but I'd like to know what you guys would like to see and have answered that is helpful and/or fun to read. I can think of questions on my own without issue. Again, you can send me a PM, you don't have to post it here. I am good with PMs. I understand some people are private. If you would like to volunteer or request someone to be "interviewed" privately, PM away as well! We can also do multiple people on a specific topic/related topics.

5. I will finish posting more on this later. I also want to do some fun questions. But this is something I really need us to work on. If you want to see more donations, more donation options, want to donate more things, want to do XYZ or whatever, it may be time for us to create a "Any Player can Use" raffle thread (I'm Happy to do it), or it is time for YOU to do your own thread that lets you do whatever game or giveaway or random pop-up short term raffle as you feel and whoever enters and gets in time has a better chance of winning!! Just have it be the MY THREAD OF RAFFLES, GAMES, GIVEAWAYS AND AWESOME. If you put it under the Trading and/or Forum Games thread, there really are no limitations on the rules you can create, other than normal DC rules. I cannot do that in THIS thread because we are in Site Discussion and cannot trade or give away things here IN this thread, but you can advertise the HECK out of your thing here!! And run some ideas down, get feedback, etc. etc. If you remember, that is what Jack did when they had the idea for the BBB and, ultimately, I decided to give my 2G Prizes based on me seeing how serious they were. I was a bit skeptical at first cuz I didn't know Jack. It became very clear with them taking feedback and responding and talking thru it they were very serious and could be trusted and I was happy to step up and do this. More people will do this than you think, especially if you allow from a "group."

6. I want to see more Player Events Going. It is April now, and we are kinda out of excuses to not have more going on Event wise. That said, that AP time could easily turn into 5 days if we don't keep up our ongoing breedings. I'll try to think of another Breeding Theme this week to keep it fresh, but I think you all have the idea, and I highly recommend also sharing your suggestions, challenges, and what you've done in the Mass Breeding Discussion Thread since people are very positive towards them as everyone seems to have a better understanding, and people aren't just dropping random junk for no reason. So please Bread those dragons and deep fry for some very tasty egg treasures. Eggs Benedict. Those Traitorous Eggs! Send them to the AP, walk the Plank!

Hello everyone, I'd like to let you all know that there's a new raffle coming soon in the Forum Games. We love the Glittering Gold Giveaways and Alternate Lives Raffles, and with the popularity of prize descendants, it's time to have a raffle for them. The Prize Descendants Raffle is allowed to have 2g prizes and prizekins, 3g prizekin checkers, and 3g-4g even-gen, checker, stairstep, and spiral prizes donated to win in the raffle. The raffle will run every two weeks with donations opening on Saturdays and the raffle opening on Sunday. Out first Prize Descendants Raffle will have donations opening 20 April. The thread for the Prize Descendants Raffle is below for more information, and if you have any questions please post in the thread or message me directly. Also, please help me spread the word and I look forward to the raffle and generous donors who are willing to put their prize descendants in the raffle. There are banners in the thread you can add to your signature to help spread the word. Thank you!

Prize Descendants Raffle: Coming 20 April

36gbjvc.png

5 hours ago, wheeloftime13 said:

Hello everyone, I'd like to let you all know that there's a new raffle coming soon in the Forum Games. We love the Glittering Gold Giveaways and Alternate Lives Raffles, and with the popularity of prize descendants, it's time to have a raffle for them. The Prize Descendants Raffle is allowed to have 2g prizes and prizekins, 3g prizekin checkers, and 3g-4g even-gen, checker, stairstep, and spiral prizes donated to win in the raffle. The raffle will run every two weeks with donations opening on Saturdays and the raffle opening on Sunday. Out first Prize Descendants Raffle will have donations opening 20 April. The thread for the Prize Descendants Raffle is below for more information, and if you have any questions please post in the thread or message me directly. Also, please help me spread the word and I look forward to the raffle and generous donors who are willing to put their prize descendants in the raffle. There are banners in the thread you can add to your signature to help spread the word. Thank you!

Prize Descendants Raffle: Coming 20 April

36gbjvc.png

This is one of the things we have been looking for. New, ongoing, regular raffles so people can donate and have a great time. Please show your support and consider donating, ongoing donating, but also just as importantly, taking the time to share, promote, support and get involved with participation! Visit the thread and follow it if it is something you would like reminders on when to donate and/or upcoming raffles to participate & share with others. Everyone loves lower Gen Clean Lineaged Prizes, and many of us have many lovelies to donate. Please show your support for this great project!

I would like to announce a new breeding thread that I really hope a good number of members of the community will find fun and interesting. A few of you may be familiar with the Unofficial Dragon Cave Discord Challenge that started last March. It started well, but due to several factors, including the length of time involved, most of the members fell by the wayside before it finished! Those of us who did finish decided that we would like to start a new challenge with a few changes to make it easier to participate in -- principally a shorter time period! Therefore, I would like to introduce the Twenty Week Breeding Challenge! The more participants we can get the more fun it will be, so go check it out and if you think it is something you would like to try sign-ups are open! Basically the challenge is to breed as long a stair or spiral lineage as possible in the 20 weeks starting on May 1st.

@Natayah I hope it is appropriate to post this here, since I do consider it a player event! :)  If not, let me know and I will delete the post.

This

46 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

I would like to announce a new breeding thread that I really hope a good number of members of the community will find fun and interesting. A few of you may be familiar with the Unofficial Dragon Cave Discord Challenge that started last March. It started well, but due to several factors, including the length of time involved, most of the members fell by the wayside before it finished! Those of us who did finish decided that we would like to start a new challenge with a few changes to make it easier to participate in -- principally a shorter time period! Therefore, I would like to introduce the Twenty Week Breeding Challenge! The more participants we can get the more fun it will be, so go check it out and if you think it is something you would like to try sign-ups are open! Basically the challenge is to breed as long a stair or spiral lineage as possible in the 20 weeks starting on May 1st.

@Natayah I hope it is appropriate to post this here, since I do consider it a player event! :)  If not, let me know and I will delete the post.

This is a perfect event, anything that involves players, 1 or more, counts as a player Event IMO. We need more breeding events, and we can't all just Mass Breed every single day every single week ongoing non-stop without having some sort of fun or goal or group or prize involved. After awhile it just gets repetitive, even though it is still very important. If we can do something with lineages for a purpose, I hope people sign up and SUPPORT it, and maybe even check out that Unofficial Discord thingie out there. I hear there are some very nice people there. Well not hear so much as I view the text, but you get what I mean.

Remind people as MUCH as you want. Happy to support it, it started as a great idea and I'd love to see it going like crazy and get more involved and take off more!

Voting is open!

Please go vote!

Hey Everybody,  we got some MAJOR work and partying to do. We need to VOTE on ART!!! ART IS IMPORTANT YOU NEVER KNOW WHEN GREAT ART COULD JUST VANISH SO SUPPORT THE ARTS!!!! Maybe consider joining in and sharing with others and checking out the art Forums in general, especially people who want to enjoy lean and grow and maybe even contribute art here now or in the future.  Let's not wait until we lose important things to remember to enjoy and support and share the arts!!

FREE SPRITERS ALTS PRETTY LINEAGES RAFFLE TIME!! Go Enter and share this raffle info with other people as growing players and others would often dream of these lines and don't even know there are free raffles much less free or mostly free breedings from players and other threads. So let's share. History from this thread has historically proven you win more when you do this too.

DON'T FORGET THE AP!!!It's been sitting at or above 5 days for a bit and many have started joining the fight. TIME TO CRUSH THAT TIME!!!

16 hours ago, wheeloftime13 said:

The Prize Descendants Raffle is now accepting donations! Please consider donating and thanks in advance to those of you who do. Donations will be open for 24 hours.

https://forums.dragcave.net/topic/184911-prize-descendants-raffle-accepting-donations/

Bring out your prizes, time still left to donate! Everyone loves Prize Lines, and this is the Raffles first round. So while we will want to share and invite bunches of people to join in, this is a great chance to try some breeding because EVERYONE (mostly) loves prizes lines and lots of people will appreciate and love these donations. Visit the Raffle, Donate if you can, share with people who love to donate, and share with people who would love to participate! Happy Holiday Weekend & let's get some pretty eggs to hide and gift via raffles, private gifting, or sending to the AP and getting that timer below 5 days for some Holiday Fun! Enjoy your egg Collection for the Festival of Eggs, sharing eggs you breed, and adding some dragons to your scroll for your special Holiday Hunting gems! Have an awesome Holiday everyone!

If you still want a chance to VOTE for the DC Photo Contest, enter the Prize Raffle for a chance to win lovely prize lineages for free, and/or fill the AP with treasures during the Festival of Eggs, remember to go enter the links above for the raffle (closing soon), VOTE your fave photo, and don't forget to breed some gems and hunting fun to find colorful and lovely treasures to the AP. Enjoy the Festival of Eggs and so glad to see so many new artists who participated this year! Also check out the above mentioned 20 week Breeding Challenge, look at other Breeding Projects, and also threads to gift and donate and to find people looking for gifts and donations to add to their scroll. Why not send someone a freebie breeding offer (within whatever limits you set) if they seem like a person who is looking to grow their scroll and add some nicer things or grow their armies and/or collect other dragons and more dragons?

And, if you can't hunt down someone, just let those someones hunt for YOUR eggs in the AP!!

Edited by Natayah

I would like to test out an idea I have for a new kind of contest.

Perhaps you can give me ideas on how I should go about it, or just indicate if it is something you would like to see done, every now and then, or regularly.

The idea came to me because I got this great egg! It was in the Abandoned Cave, which is really appropriate when you see the parents' codes.  https://dragcave.net/lineage/wyoey The trouble is, I can't find the perfect name for the poor little thing.

So I would like to ask for help. And this is the competition part. I would like to offer an IOU Prize or Spriters Alt egg voucher for an egg of their choosing to the person who comes up with the name I end up using.

Does that sound like fun to others?

I was thinking, for this trial run, people could just pm me with entries, and they may or may not offer it publicly here. Either way, I would announce the winning entry here.

Is it appropriate to run it in this thread, at least this first time, or have a thread of its own? (Assuming it takes off)

I'd love to get as many pm's and posts about this as possible so please don't be shy about commenting. If you think it is a stupid idea, it is okay to tell me so (nicely). :D

Thanks, @Natayah for providing a place for people like me to make suggestions and test ideas!

6 hours ago, Justie said:

I would like to test out an idea I have for a new kind of contest.

Perhaps you can give me ideas on how I should go about it, or just indicate if it is something you would like to see done, every now and then, or regularly.

The idea came to me because I got this great egg! It was in the Abandoned Cave, which is really appropriate when you see the parents' codes.  https://dragcave.net/lineage/wyoey The trouble is, I can't find the perfect name for the poor little thing.

So I would like to ask for help. And this is the competition part. I would like to offer an IOU Prize or Spriters Alt egg voucher for an egg of their choosing to the person who comes up with the name I end up using.

Does that sound like fun to others?

I was thinking, for this trial run, people could just pm me with entries, and they may or may not offer it publicly here. Either way, I would announce the winning entry here.

Is it appropriate to run it in this thread, at least this first time, or have a thread of its own? (Assuming it takes off)

I'd love to get as many pm's and posts about this as possible so please don't be shy about commenting. If you think it is a stupid idea, it is okay to tell me so (nicely). :D

Thanks, @Natayah for providing a place for people like me to make suggestions and test ideas!

@Justie It is a great idea. I would recommend you create a "Help me Name My Dragon, Win a Prize" one time Thread in the Forum Games section and let people post their suggestions or send PMs, or you can announce it here, so people can send suggestions via PM, and feel free to post things here if you like and updates reminding people about it whether you do it privately or its own thread or however you want to do it. But if you want to run a private event, and announce the winner and make a few announcements here to remind people about it, go ahead. I am 100% ok with it and it will encourage people to do other things. For example, on another game I played, having signature art, banners, forum avatars, unique art, etc. was a big thing. So people ran contests and gave prizes for that. I don't see why naming your dragons, helping someone write a description, making art, making funny puns, writing stories (which has been a Prize Raffle Contest in the past as well), are all great and valid alternatives to just the normal raffle and win - and all varieties are great. Especially if someone wants some help, especially creative help, and we add some fun. If you do it, other people might do it for things they are struggling with and/or want some help with, especially if they have some creative endeavors. No reason not to reward something that helps you, helps the game, helps people be creative and helps people have other options of entries or whatnot. I'd say go for it, and you can use whatever format you want. Hope that answer helps.

If you want more suggestions on something or the other, or others wish to comment, please feel free to continue the discussion any way you like. We don't just discuss events and promote them, we also help people create them and ask questions about them to get inspiration and feedback. Getting that feedback often makes things a lot easier than just winging it on your own. Although winging it and giving it a try is never intended to be discouraged. Some people just like to dive in, be it a one time thing, or do stuff themselves and improve themselves thru their own process. Whatever works for you!

Just be aware if you are granting a prize of a breeding voucher and want to be specific about it, you can promote the event, but you cannot "reward" the prize here. You can announce the results, you can post you are taking private PMs, but if you want to run an event where people publicly discuss and post about the event, you might want to consider the Trading and/or Forum Games Forum Threads. There you can offer prizes of whatever you like. The Forums Games is probably easier cuz you don't have to worry about any lines if they consider talking about a "breeding voucher" as an IOU, if that makes sense, because they are sometimes sensitive about that under the "Trading" banner, but in a Forum game, you can offer whatever you like within reason.

Hope that helps a bit and it is totally ok to make a one time only disposable thread. People do it all the time!