Natayah

Player Activities & Events

I would love if you could post here for when donations are open, if natayah grants permission.

I keep missing the deadline to donate to your raffle. T.T

and this way...I get more than one notification. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

How did you get the breeding event started?

Is there any currently going on?

----

Oh I agree about the Departures.

For the shimmers I give away...I like people to name them and I ask them to, but it never happens so I've been abandoning them to the AP instead lately so I don't get disappointed.

Edited by gigglymonkey12

This is really just a post to answer some questions by responding to specific people. I'll do something more later. I also bring up the idea of a team of players creating a Google Calendar Thingie that allows Players a main place to check for and submit Player Run Events for easier scheduling and publicity.

@Clya - Please post anything and everything you ever want regarding your Raffle.

1. Both Dates of Donations Accepting and Dates of Raffles and as the Cycle Repeats Update that too. Because this place is to not only to let groups more easily make their info easy to access, known and market in the chaos that is our Forums, it will inspire other people to do the same.

2. You would be doing me a great favor updating this because I don't always get around to updating it myself in time because I get so excited about donating and participating or just get lazy.

3. Please continue to also post and expand upon Tips and Tricks from what you've learned during your own Lottos. They are very successful and ongoing all the time which, I don't think we've ever had before on the Forums. You've had a steep learning curve and a lot of kinks you worked out and that info is super valuable to anyone considering it. In fact, if you ever feel like sharing templates of your stuff, feel free. I mean, you should take out your pretty special Clya art from them, but if you feel like it, go ahead. Also if you don't, that is ok too since you worked so hard on them.

@Clya & @Predator - Predator I was very excited when you did your raffles, they were fantastic and I hope you do them again. I hope you two talk and share some stuff and should become good buddies for running productive raffles and finding ways to make them better. We shouldn't have just ONE raffle. We really need a few because people are going to have different down time, abilities, fans, etc. I'm not saying we need to have 50 ongoing Raffles, but you two should certainly talk, do them as you please, and we'll help you promote and share and get you all donations or anything else you want and by doing this, it may inspire people to do a one Shot raffle, or it may inspire them to do a group. And honestly, if this becomes something that a "GROUP" of people want to do together vs just one person, it is possible we could get a Thread with enough activity that it gets its own "Forum Account" for just lotto. And then you could have a team of people working on it behind the scenes and it wouldn't always fall to one person. You two are kinda gonna be some of the main people to inspire this potential future thing. Please don't freak out, but please work together and ask for help and let us know how we can help and we are all 30000% behind you ready to support. Raffles/Lottos are fun and awesome be they on the Forums or on DC Chat/IRC. In the future I'm hoping to see the DC Chat/IRC take off more too, but one focus at a time. Let's start with the forums, and grow it out in multiple directions.

Also both of you consider talking to Vhale. I always find her very helpful and kind about everything. She is Boss and awesome and could probably give you some spins on things to do to make it unique and share some of her experience and was an amazing gifter well known and behind the scenes well before she started her TMB Breeding Raffle. It's way cool, accomplishes many goals and supports various different game play aspects of the game enhancement. And I think she is the other person that will be looked to for some of this future "lotto and raffle player future building."

For those of you who are not aware, we do have mods who actively watch and participate in these player run events. DC does also have it's own calendar. Now I'm not saying that every single time we have some sort of player run or forum idea for an event that it will be put on the calendar. It may never happen. But if these become a bigger thing, it's a possibility. So that is another way we can let people know about these events in the future. But we gotta work it first. If someone wants to organize an be in charge of their own "Player Run Events" Calendar via Google Calendar or something, please let me know. I'd like it to be a player or group of people who plan on being around awhile, are respected and are excited, but you can create whatever team or whatever. If you do it at some point, let me know so I can link to it. But be aware that you may need at least two people (unless you have a lot of time on your hands). You need someone who is willing to comb the forums and find all sorts of groups and threads and be willing to contact all of them (even ones you aren't sure if they are still active or not, never ever assume) and be willing to talk to strangers and ask questions and explain and sell what you are doing and ask if they are willing to let you post things for them, and then you need the person to organize all this info once it's gotten. So you need to be able to communicate first, not overwhelm people, gather lots of info even if it feels like pulling teeth at time, set up some sort of organizational form (maybe a Google Docs for people to submit events), organize and post them, and also to be sure they meet some criteria of "legiit" vs a "joke". Although having some special fun joke days run by players on the forum that are in good fun would probably be a good idea. Also you need to be able to be willing to suggest ideas to help expand their draw or offer event ideas or suggest better ways to help market and get it out there if you are willing. I'm sure there are plenty of people who would be a great team for doing this. And don't be afraid to send PMs to the mods who are active in some of these player run events and get their feedback and suggestions on how to go. It's very important to appreciate what our mods do and how critical they are to our success and future. At no point do we want to insult our team and their hard work or step on toes or end up sounding like we are telling them how to do their jobs.

Edited by natayah

@Clya & @Predator - Predator I was very excited when you did your raffles, they were fantastic and I hope you do them again. I hope you two talk and share some stuff and should become good buddies for running productive raffles and finding ways to make them better. We shouldn't have just ONE raffle. We really need a few because people are going to have different down time, abilities, fans, etc. I'm not saying we need to have 50 ongoing Raffles, but you two should certainly talk, do them as you please, and we'll help you promote and share and get you all donations or anything else you want and by doing this, it may inspire people to do a one Shot raffle, or it may inspire them to do a group. And honestly, if this becomes something that a "GROUP" of people want to do together vs just one person, it is possible we could get a Thread with enough activity that it gets its own "Forum Account" for just lotto. And then you could have a team of people working on it behind the scenes and it wouldn't always fall to one person. You two are kinda gonna be some of the main people to inspire this potential future thing. Please don't freak out, but please work together and ask for help and let us know how we can help and we are all 30000% behind you ready to support. Raffles/Lottos are fun and awesome be they on the Forums or on DC Chat/IRC. In the future I'm hoping to see the DC Chat/IRC take off more too, but one focus at a time. Let's start with the forums, and grow it out in multiple directions.

I'm starting to run my raffles again (renamed to giveaways to be a little more lenient). I agree that we need a few more raffle/giveaway/etc pages. Different players have different styles of play, and certainly a different style of running a raffle or giveaway. I thought about starting a group-type raffle with a bunch of friends to try and spice things up! Running my little page by myself is fun, no doubt, but as a group? It would be awesome! So many possibilities and fun! Granted, even if I was apart of a group-type raffle, I'd still run my own single page. I like running a raffle page. It gives me a sense of joy when I see people entering and being ecstatic about winning! Even the people who congratulate others gives me happiness.

I'd be more than willing to consult with Clya and perhaps Vhale. Even just a friendly chat would be nice. Even if they don't wanna trade their secrets (wink, wink), I'd still like to just get to know them better! Insight on making raffles/giveaways better from an outside perspective would be great, too! If anyone has suggestions or requests, feel free to PM me or post in my giveaway page.

One thing I've noticed regarding raffles/giveaways/lottos: I've found that raffles and giveaways require a longer grace period for entries. If you don't give people time, you'll get less and less entries. I'm starting to have longer giveaways as a result, hopefully to gain more entries and have less of the same people winning over and over again.

One thing I would find helpful (which most people MAY do, but hey well, you know laugh.gif) - is that I went to a raffle thread once - one where the thread owner ran a new raffle every so often - and miles of old posts were all up there. It was really quite hard to find the CURRENT one. I suppose the OP can't delete the posts of others - but - just as REALLY helps in trade threads - deleting posts that are no longer relevant because they are about past raffles would make them easier to follow ?

Also SO many gifting threads are littered with dead trade links and sometimes you just have to give up - time can be an issue. I went through one trading thread yesterday and of the 25 trade links I tried, ONE was still active sad.gif That's one reason people don't show up for things, I fear.

Edited by fuzzbucket

If you're the OP, you can always PM a mod about thread cleaning - predatorfan4ever has done that at least once.

Edited by Dusky_Flareon

One thing I would find helpful (which most people MAY do, but hey well, you know laugh.gif) - is that I went to a raffle thread once - one where the thread owner ran a new raffle every so often - and miles of old posts were all up there. It was really quite hard to find the CURRENT one. I suppose the OP can't delete the posts of others - but - just as REALLY helps in trade threads - deleting posts that are no longer relevant because they are about past raffles would make them easier to follow ?

Also SO many gifting threads are littered with dead trade links and sometimes you just have to give up - time can be an issue. I went through one trading thread yesterday and of the 25 trade links I tried, ONE was still active sad.gif That's one reason people don't show up for things, I fear.

Sorry about that. I've considered this myself.

I try and keep the current raffle on the first page, and delete it when I'm no longer holding it. I'll try and delete some of the previous posts until I can get a Moderator to clean my thread. I will from now on, instead of having people comment, use Google Forms. It's so much easier and cleaner. That way the current giveaway isn't buried deep in a pile of comments. Once it's over, I'll delete the original post so it's not so difficult for people to find what is actually being given away.

As far as trading... I wish people would edit their posts when they're no longer trading said dragon. It's difficult for me to look even past the first or second page, when half of the teleports have been destroyed (yet the "advertisement" is still up). I tried looking past the second page once, and found all but a couple were dead and gone. PLEASE, people, edit your posts!

(I didn't realize/forgot that this was also a Q&A thread.)

1. I joined during the V-day events right when the Radiant Angels were being released. I keep very erratic hours and check DC constantly when I'm home. I used to be mostly a collector, but my attention has shifted to breeding large checkers, entirely off my own scroll when possible. I'm trying to keep my profile updating with projects that are "done" (though bloodswaps to expand them are always neat) and what I'm currently working on. I don't have a lot of original lineages to give away yet but I'm working on it. There's never enough egg space.... I was semi-inactive on the forum for a few months but I think I'm back for a while.

2. I am a glomp gifter! I watch signatures, sometimes profiles, and stalk the 'current bad luck' thread, and if there's something I can breed or rares I can catch I often do. I love the reactions I get to sudden surprises. Several lovely people have glomped me with mates I needed in the past, so I want to pass it on around the site. I used to use the Departures thread sometimes, and I may start tossing eggs from my projects in there again so at least they're being shared. I love the Holiday-kin Massbreeds and Vhale's TMB raffle. The Even-Gen Trading/Gifting thread is also a good resource. I want to join the Checker Database but haven't gotten around to it yet.

3. My advice to new players wanting to gift (and having trouble catching rares) is to a) gather interesting things from the AP b ) check profiles for cb hatchies requests, and c) start your own projects! *Named* checkers are generally well-received anywhere, especially if you influence and hatch them so the gift won't take up an egg slot. Don't worry if you don't have rares to work with; checkers made out of commons are pretty too and might be exactly what someone needed, or inspire them to breed a mate for it. I like watching the AP Finds thread and the 'new release lineage ideas' threads for inspiration. Gifting BSAs to other new players is always a good move, too.

4. Other ideas/discussion points..... not at the moment. Other than what I said in my last post: If someone has a "will breed'' in their sig, they mean it! You'll probably make their day by showing an interest in their dragons, and you might make a new friend too.

Oh, on the fate of eggs traded/gifted - if I traded something, the other person 'paid' for it and it is entirely their business what they do with it. I think it's a little rude to try to trade a gift unless you're discussed it with the gifter. If I gift something I hope it will be loved because I put time and effort into that egg. It's part of the reason I like doing direct PM gifting - it's more personal. I understand some people don't name their dragons and I can accept that. I also wouldn't mind if one of my offspring was frozen, I guess. At least they wanted to keep it.

I told myself I wouldn't make a text wall and failed completely! *facepalm*

If you're the OP, you can always PM a mod about thread cleaning - predatorfan4ever has done that at least once.

You can - and I know predator does at times - but not everyone does. So it is worth mentioning !

You can - and I know predator does at times - but not everyone does. So it is worth mentioning !

I think it's important to mention as well. I asked Sock this morning to clean my thread, so hopefully that gets done when she's awake again. I'll start another Giveaway once my thread is squeaky clean. I also think it's important to keep trades clean as well. I dislike looking through the trading section and seeing the trades still up with broken links. No crossing out, no words saying "traded." Just a regular trading ad still up with broken links. I can't force people to edit their trade posts, but I can encourage them!

One thing I've noticed regarding raffles/giveaways/lottos: I've found that raffles and giveaways require a longer grace period for entries. If you don't give people time, you'll get less and less entries. I'm starting to have longer giveaways as a result, hopefully to gain more entries and have less of the same people winning over and over again.

I've found that too, but the issue is that once I started doing mine even more donations got less and less because people had to hatch and/or influence for people. I've found with the sometimes HUGE prize lists that shorter raffles are nice, because people can always sign up for another one. The way you do it, with just one or two dragons per "raffle/giveaway", I think the long sign up is perfect.

I've noticed more raffle/giveaway threads popping up, and I'm happy about it. The only issue is we don't want them all being the same thing, because then there is a lack of variety (which I find important, though others might disagree).

That being said, I've opened up Donations for my Raffles with a little theme of "Your Favorite Lineages" to help people get into spreading their own lineages smile.gif

@Gigglymonkey

For the breeding event, all I did was post in the Site Discussion section with my idea, along with a few breeds I thought fit, the date it was to be done and why I thought it was important for said event to happen. It's really simple, and the turn out was great! I'm thinking of doing one for all those Storm collectors come November or December unsure.gif

@Gigglymonkey

For the breeding event, all I did was post in the Site Discussion section with my idea, along with a few breeds I thought fit, the date it was to be done and why I thought it was important for said event to happen. It's really simple, and the turn out was great! I'm thinking of doing one for all those Storm collectors come November or December unsure.gif

OOOHHHHH yes wub.gif

Natayah's Tips for Community Departures (And Rare/Hatchling Departures) Threads: (Another Advice Essay)

1. If you really care, use Two Way Teleports. Ask for any junk egg in return. This way you can "See" who it is going to and choose. A lot of times, the person I choose will be someone I know, someone I've investigated the posting history of, and/or someone whose scroll I can view to see if they seem legit. It is ok to wait until you find someone who seems legit and if you don't find anyone, it is ok to cancel the teleport and not gift it. It's your egg. Just don't be rude and make people wait a long time. Make your decision in a timely manner.

2. I only Gift Dragons on Forums I would have Considered Sending to the AP anyway for a Lucky AP find but I like to give "nicer lines" a chance for someone to grab it first on the forums first. Also, if it doesn't move after a bit, I chuck it to the AP anyway. This way if someone really likes it they can grab it and it is going to someone who really does appreciate it. If you aren't ok with "chancing something bad happening," either only use Two Way Teleports/Trades, Consider Re-evaluating your attachment to your eggs, and/or Only Breed it Upon Request or Gift it Directly or Trade it. If your egg really is that awesome, people will want it a lot and you can Trade it instead, including asking for "very small trades" and let it be known so people can get it that way and you can make your wishes clear. If people aren't frequently requesting your line, maybe you need to reconsider the "value" of your line. (Or Advertise your Gifting of this Awesome Line Better) If you won't or can't reconsider the value of your egg because it's from "your" dragons, then understand these Threads probably aren't for you. Also I am always ok with people regifting, I just prefer it be allowed to grow to be an adult. But if they don't, I really don't care. If you have lots of requirements, maybe you should have someone PM you or two-way teleports. Or consider maybe lessening the requirements and focus on the most important aspects.

3. I strongly recommend learning to have less of an attachment to certain things. Most people "value" dragons based on the trade market, or rarity, not based on "sentimental value". If you never do that is totally ok. Just understand that just because "you" value it doesn't mean "others" will as well. And if something is good enough to be really nice Trade Fodder, Please don't just set up a one-way teleport unless you really do not care. That is the only time you should use a one-way teleport.

4. If you have very strong feelings and/or the egg/hatchling is valuable, consider Glomp Gifting and/or Play a Glomp Game I Call "First Person Wins!".

A. Send PMs out to a Group of People you like and/or know and/or respect and/or think are nice from their forum activity (I Pull from my PM Mail List and/or Will Frequent various Threads I like and look for active nice posters. This can include both gifters and takers who seem to have a good personality - again I check their posting history oR scan so many back pages in the history of the thread) to find my potential giftees.

B. Your PM should clearly explain you are sending out a nice XXX gift and whoever gets it first is the one who gets to keep it and include the teleport. When you send the PMs, Track all of them. That way once someone has "claimed" it you can "Stop Tracking" on all unread PMs so you don't clog up the PM Boxes of People who Missed it and Make them Bummed Out. (Check out the Message Tracking Portion of your PM Box if you are unfamiliar with how to do this. It took me a few times before I got it down. But it will auto-delete all the unread PMs for people who missed it.) Also if you have any wishes you can make them clear in the PM.

C. People who get Email Notifications of PMs will get a notification they got a PM, but when they log in they won't see the PM. Sometimes they will be confused and send you a PM. Just explain you sent out a nice Glomp Gift to some random people and it went to whoever got it first and unfortunately they missed it. Fortunately, not a lot of people do this so you won't have to do it too often. You can always offer to breed something for them if they would like instead. Most people will at least thank you for thinking of them.

D. Do not start mass sending them all out at the same time. Give at least a few minutes in between sendings after a first initial small group. This way you give people a chance to randomly have good timing. If time wears on you may have to get more creative on finding new people to send to. However, these can be a fun way to Glomp Gift, but they do take a lot of time and effort. But you will sometimes get to know people better and/or let people that you haven't spoken to in awhile know you are still thinking of them. Otherwise, try one of the other methods.

Hope that was Helpful. If you can't "Let it Go," Don't Teleport it One Way or Randomly! You can always "Donate" To various Player Run Groups for Prizes, or as Prizes in Lottos/Raffles/Giveaways. But please have an honest value of your egg. Just because it "feels" special doesn't mean it is when compared to DC as a whole

Edited by natayah

Thread Request:

1. Possibly Shortening Thread Title If Someone wants to suggest a name for this Forum that isn't quite so long, please feel free to do so, however, I'm ok with keeping it longer with subtitles to get the point across. However, this leads me to point 2.

2. I need new Sig/Thread/Banner Art. If you want to submit something, please feel free, and I'll post in the front posts. I'd like to keep it as small as possible but I understand there is a lot of wording so feel free to play around with it and/or do what you like. I just don't want people to take up half of their sig space for it.

Thanks!

Edited by natayah

Update on Upcoming (Now & Now) Player Events and Raffles:

Polar's Raffles : We've got a New Raffle that has Joined Our Ranks. They owner does both "Flash" raffles (1 hour to respond) and longer Raffles. There is a specific form to fill out, but it is nothing complicated. One of the prizes is a 3G Spiral Bronze Tinsel (x GoN) that some people may be interested in (and Soulpeace). (These are running thru 7/29/16 however Flash Sales Ongoing Anytime so Check Often & Consider Possible Donations if you Want!) You can enter by a link to a google form (always easier on both parties) or posting the form details to the thread.

I'll add this to the list on the "Calendar" postings, but here is the link if you want to check it out here too so it's seen: Polar's Raffles

Also interested in taking Donations in Future.

Also Clya's Raffle is Open for Donations Today, and will start it's own Raffle for Entries on 7/29/16 in the late afternoon so check out those links too!

Edited by natayah

3. I strongly recommend learning to have less of an attachment to certain things. Most people "value" dragons based on the trade market, or rarity, not "special uniqueness due to whatever", not based on "sentimental value". If you never do that is totally ok. Just understand that just because "you" value it doesn't mean "others" will as well. And if something is good enough to be really nice Trade Fodder, Please don't just set up a one-way teleport unless you really do not care. That is the only time you should use a one-way teleport.

From this I also wanted to point out...

if it is a dragon that you produced then you are able to produce another one. (unless it's a gold...those are hard to breed for...at least for me)

I know, at least for me, that I'm more attached to CB dragons.

Those requires me to have fast fingers.

Hey guys, I'm Polar, and yesterday I started my very own raffle thread! Up until today (July 29th) at 12 PM EST I will be accepting entries for a chance to win a nicely lineaged EG Soulpeace and a 3g Bronze Tinsel descended from Polar. I decided to do this raffle because I love gifting, but I felt like I wanted a wider spectrum of people to have a chance at getting the gift, so here we are.

I will, of course, take donations to raffle off, and you can drop by the thread to find out how to donate.

Please consider stopping by the thread to join the ongoing raffles, and make sure to check back regularly as every so often I will hold flash raffles, which you have an hour to join. I'm so glad I'm able to do things like this - I enjoy spreading cheer throughout the forums biggrin.gif

If you'd like to learn more about my raffles, please drop by the thread!

Edited by polaristar

Also Clya's Raffle is Open for Donations Today, and will start it's own Raffle for Entries on 7/29/16 in the late afternoon so check out those links too!

I've got it open for entries now, there are tons of unique lineages that you could win! Along with some Prize (Tinsels and Shimmers), and Caveborn dragons!

Thread Request:

2. I need new Sig/Thread/Banner Art. If you want to submit something, please feel free, and I'll post in the front posts. I'd like to keep it as small as possible but I understand there is a lot of wording so feel free to play around with it and/or do what you like. I just don't want people to take up half of their sig space for it.

I'd love to make some nice signature art! Is there anything specific you are looking for? Or just something small and nice?

-------

Based on what people have said about messy threads, I plan on after/right before my trip to ask to have it cleaned up, I try to keep it organized by updating the Second Post, but I'm scared that most people don't notice it....

I'd actually really appreciate some feedback on what I've been doing (from you Predator, and you Polar, since you both run raffles), but other people who don't actively participate and just take a look at it.

-------

Question Regarding Wishlist Gifters (well more to those who do it), what sort of format do you find easiest when navigating a wishlist with intent on gifting? Is the wishlist Forum your first place to go, or do you look in signatures or profiles? (sorry, I'm curious rolleyes.gif )

Edited by Clya

Clya's Raffle is Open for Entries to Win & Polar has More Prizes to Win. Both of them takes donations and has different info on how to do it. Go to the Current & Upcoming Events Post to find the Links to the Threads. Also drop in to just say hi and post and let them know you are supporting them. If you want to let them know you came to their thread because of this thread, make a mention of that so they don't forget to keep posting here as their Raffles Update (especially a really special one) in case you miss it in the mess of the Forums Sometimes.

Either way, we need to let these people know we appreciate their efforts, will participate and support in any way we are able, and share the info with others!

Also consider visiting some of the gifting threads listed in the first posts too and do the same. Thanks!

Edited by natayah

Another Event Update I missed Earlier

PF4's Raffles - Also PF4 (PredatorFan4ever) has restarted their Lotto and it has a nice CB Astrapi Xeno up for entry and winning. Please head over to their Thread to Visit to show love and enter to win (very simple) and keep an eye on this thread as it is often rotating and often open!

@Clya - Yes Please make art I don't have time like I would like to make official requests anyone who wants to do it just do something we'll figure it out later if we need to refine something! I'm sure you are all great since you have done this for awhile! Feel Free to Play with Thread name as you like!

This is a note to myself so I remember what to post (this is an idea of how my head works daily): Not to self for tomorrow: Post Ideas about: 1. Donation to Raffles Cropping up to Maintain Progress & Momentum 2. Good Growth on Raffles & Promos in Short Time - Yay Group! 3. Still need someone or a group to take a stab at doing at least one breeding event in next 60 days - work on this 4. Dear Me, Stop Staying up late and get to bed at a reasonable time because dragon games can wait! 5. Promoting Growth of Scrolls and Getting People "better dragons" so they can give "better gifts"... possibly idea of gifting "mate pairs" so people can breed these gifts themselves 6. Better support, use & sign up of Gifting Groups 7. Organizational Easier for Gifting & Payment for this (huge Demand new idea, need to talk to Mods) 8. Even Gen Thread Posting Lines for Request 9. Forum & Group Games & Prizes 10. Getting more people involved with participating in different raffles so these people grow into future donators to keep going & also helping these people build their scrolls to support this (related to prior number) 11. League of Impatient Cave Something - Trading Rares for Cave Blockers/Commons - Might be a Better Way to Trade "Nice" dragons for those newer players who are doing a service talk to pinkgothic especially since Trading Thread is undergoing lots of discussion of limits on thread, sounds like great place for Gifty Types who want simple CB Commons & to help others 12. Have people create WishLists in the Wishlist Thread or Other way since many people here seem to gift via wishlists & discuss this - Ok good got it thanks!

Edited by natayah

I have some general questions about gifting etiquette and all that.

How long would you hold an egg for?

If someone asks for some eggs to be bred, how many would you send at one time?

(I think it would be easy to breed them all, but I wouldn't want to surprise them with several eggs at once)

Would you tell them that you're going to try breeding (when you're about to try breeding it) or just tell them once you get an egg?

As I do some trading, I may be able to answer your questions:

- 48 hours mostly

- I personally would send one to make it easier on their egg slots, but I have gotten six at one time (luckily just one in each teleport... but it's also why I say one at a time. I had to drop two valuable eggs to pick the six up.)

- I tell them when I start breeding so that I know they have a free slot to get the egg when I actually get it and send it

Edited by Dusky_Flareon

Hey guys, Polar here! I just wanted to announce to all of you that I currently have four raffles going on over on my raffle thread. Currently I am raffling off two hatchlings, a CB Pyralspite egg, and a Storm Rider egg! So if you're interested in having the chance to win any of those, go ahead and drop by the thread! You can do so by following the banner in my signature or by clicking this link!

@GiggleMonkey - In the beginning of this thread, (so please don't take me saying this as saying you didn't read it - cuz I know you did!!) when people did intros, there was a bit of that scattered throughout various intros and discussions, but that is also a lot to sort thru. So let me sum up the basic consensus although some people are different:

Natayah's Essay on Various Gifting Etiquette

1. Most of us Expect and/or Really Really Want you to (as You would make our lives easier and allow us to gift more and possibly not stop doing it due to abuse) you to Pick up an Egg within 24 Hours or LESS. (Some People do 48 or are more flexibile, but 24 is the standard.) If you send a request in real time or almost real time, we expect you to have that slot open BEFORE you send the request and take it Immediately! Now if you are on a waiting list, that is a little different. Still 24 Hours. Also some gifters will ONLY hold it for 24 Hours and if you don't pick it up, they will regift or toss your egg. Those breeders are usually very clear up front. So be aware of the conditions of your gifting agreement before you agree to it. HOWEVER read Point 2 Before you get scared!

2. Many (if not most) of us will hold it longer in special circumstances or if you just tell us or tell us in advance. Just let us know, just be polite and explain and ask.However, don't abuse this. If we find out you are taking other eggs instead of ours or that you do this as an ongoing thing, some of us are going to be really angry. Now you, as a person, don't seem like this would ever be an issue. But there are some requesters who do abuse it. That is why many people have gone to very strict rules. However, you don't need to give us a life story. Just give a general idea. Also, some people might be willing to hold it longer or even hatch it for you if you are willing to negotiate a "trade" for time. Like, let's say you are going out of town for 4 days and this is something you can't help. Tell us. Ask if we would consider rebreeding it in the future at a different time if we cannot hold it or that you would be willing to offer a trade of various items (breedings, holding future eggs for them, getting hatchlings, whatever) in exchange for the extra work. Some people will do it without any payment. (Actually many to most.) But understand you are asking more and just be willing to give a bit more in return. Most people are very understanding and cool. But at least if you are willing to show you aren't doing it to abuse someone's egg slots and understand that you are asking for more than you originally asked, people are very very cool. And don't get miffy if someone asks for you to hatch some eggs for them in return or something. Often times, if it's a popular egg, they'll just pass it on to the next person on the list and get you next go round. And that is great too. We are happy to work it out. Just be honest and explain what's going on!

3. I never send more than one egg at a time unless someone has told me they can take it. And if I am sending multiple eggs, I try to send different teleports unless they specifically tell me to group them or offer a Trade Teleport for Even Swap. In the past, I've had running "gift requests" where someone I know and/or like enough likes many of my dragons. I make them make a large list of all the various dragons from me and send me requests with the updated list of what they want me to try and how many eggs they can take and will go thru the list, and they need to resend the updated list every week or when they have new slots available. This was mostly easier to do via DC Chat/IRC so I am hoping we get more people over there in the coming months. But other than very rare unusual circumstances, one egg at a time. Unless specifically told otherwise. And I expect open honest communication ongoing and them to live up to what they say unless something crazy happens. But, again, I'm making them do the updates and coordination and communication. I don't do the "work".

4. All of this goes out the window for someone I've has a good relationship with (usually for a period of time) or is a known amazing gifter or is someone I respect and/or like or love bunches as I will do almost anything (obviously within ToS) for these people. This is why it is important to build relationships & reputations over time. There will be special circumstances that pop up and it is good knowing people. It is also good to know people you can go to with crazy requests or assistance sometimes. Just take the time to be an awesome person and get to know awesome people better over time. Even if you really only "know" them because you guys post a lot in some gifting threads or see their posts or know them by reputation, your reputation is everything and for these awesome people I'd do anything I could for them any time. And I know they'd just as likely do the same for me!

Edited by natayah

Question Regarding Wishlist Gifters (well more to those who do it), what sort of format do you find easiest when navigating a wishlist with intent on gifting? Is the wishlist Forum your first place to go, or do you look in signatures or profiles? (sorry, I'm curious  rolleyes.gif )

@Clya - From What I understand from WishList Gifters, is they look in your Sig/Profile. So whether you link it to the WishList Gifting Thread (which I recommend everyone make a post there if you have not already set up your own version - if you don't do it ASAP to get at least started!). It is ok to do it via your own GoogleDocs or WebSite. You don't have to use the WishList Thread. Someone isn't going to choose NOT gift you something just because you didn't use a thread or personalize it... does that make sense? As long as it can be easily read and accessed, that is what matters.

Edited by natayah

Thanks natayah and Dusky_Flareon.

I actually got a breeding request.

I see what everyone meant now. It was so exciting to see that message.

I'm glad I started to participate in this thread.

I actually reached out to another user about a breeding request

And I found other places to donate eggs (all the raffles)