Sign in to follow this  
Bugzilla

ANSWERED:Celestial x Celestial breeding and change of form

Update: the first issue has been addressed. I am still wondering about the second one: why is the Corporealize BSA not visible in the action log?

As I already reported here in the April Release thread, it is a bit weird that one can breed a Celestial x Celestial pair when only one of them is in corporeal form. According to their description, this should not be possible. Is this intended or is this a bug?

I bred my 4 CB Celestials in two pairs. According to the action log, I did this:

• Bred (a145N) with (dPdQF). Apr 06, 2016, 01:42 am
  • Bred (wViqj) with (avK2V). Apr 06, 2016, 01:41 am
After breeding and using the BSA once more, I now have three Celestials in their light blue ethereal/noncorporeal form and one of them in the darker corporeal form (I will write "light" for ethereal/uncorporeal and "dark" for corporeal because that is easier to type): One could be wondering why I have three dragons in one form/color and one of them in a another form/color.

What happened is the following, which is not entirely visible in the action log:

• Corporealize BSA on (wViqj) ==> it turns dark
  • Bred (wViqj) (dark) with (avK2V) (still light) ==> (wViqj) becomes light again after breeding; (avK2V) does not change as it was already light.
  • Corporealize BSA on (a145N) ==> it turns dark
  • Bred (a145N) (dark) with (dPdQF) (still light) -> (a145N) becomes light again after breeding; (dPdQF) does not change as it was already light.
  • Corporealize BSA on (avK2V) ==> I had not used the BSA on it yet and it is still available after breeding, so it turns dark now
  • The BSA is still available on (dPdQF), so I could have two light and two dark Celestials if I wanted to.
So I have two questions (or bug reports, if these are bugs):
  • Why is it possible to breed a Celestial x Celestial pair when one of them is still in its ethereal/noncorporeal form?
  • Why is the Corporealize BSA invisible in the action log? Is it intentional to avoid filling the action log when one has too many Celestial dragons? Or was that simply forgotten?
(Note that this issue is different from the sprite change problems reported by janey in "Celestials inconsistent sprite change") Edited by Bugzilla

Do you have the new view layout or are you on the old layout?

I can't test to double check right now because I have no available incorporeal celestials, but using the new layout, I'm pretty sure my incorporeal possibilities showed up grayed out with (Incorporeal) as an explanation.

Hmmm. Dunno what's going on, but it's not like that for my Celestials:

user posted image

I can't breed corporeal dragons with incorporeal ones, and it was like that from when mine started growing up...

ETA: I still have the old layout, I think...

Edited by Amazon_warrior

Great, it seems that the first of the two issues has been fixed since I reported it in the release thread!

Two of my Celestial hatchlings grew up a few minutes ago and became adults, so I can test again now. I used Corporealize on one of them (xEGoM) and left the other one (D6fQu) in its incorporeal form. And indeed as mentioned by SockPuppet Strangler and Amazon_warrior I now see "(Incorporeal)" instead of the breed option that I could use two days ago. Thanks TJ for fixing that! smile.gif

Now the only question or issue remaining is the second one: why is the Corporealize BSA invisible in the action log?