TehUltimateMage

Heavenly ☆ Branches [OOC]

I was about to send Harold at the fire in the student lounge, but got sidetracked by my job and inktober. :V I'm sorry things are going slow at the moment, but I'll send you something to do when I'm done for the day.

i can retract it if you want. I was just changing location. I'll start going off on my own thing if I get in the mood to write.

[11:41:48 PM] lu: elliot: [ walking down the halls ] oh look new friends

thel: [ speaking french ]

evonna: [ speaking french ]

elliot:  (ಥ_ಥ)

[11:42:31 PM] zoro: take your money and run, Elliot

[11:42:14 PM] lu: dae: [ walking down the halls ] oh look new friends

harcourt: [ speaking mandarin ]

chi: [ speaking mandarin ]

dae:  (ಥ_ಥ)

[11:45:26 PM] zoro: he's so lonely

Plopping the FTE list here as well, in case you miss it in the IC.

Friday (wrapping these up eventually I guess):

☆ JessQuest / Earth Dorm / Jess, Flint

☆ Tremors / Earth Dorm / Antonio

Saturday:

★ Panic! at the Dance Floor / Underground / Alistair, Inari, Sienna (second year only)

☆ The First Rule of Sparring Club Is that You Absolutely Talk About Sparring Club / Back Field / Harold, Aria, Chi, Harcourt, Tae-hyun, Hyun-ji, Flyn

☆ Key to a Good Meal / Library / Latoya, Matt

☆ Talk French to Me, Baby / Student Lounge / Thel, Evelyn

☆ The Real Peri's SWAGger / Dorm showers / Peridot

☆ Just a Vacation, Sea? / Beach / Will, Freya, Erika

Edited by TehUltimateMage

Username: zakku_uchiha

Name: Violet Bellerose

Romantic Orientation: Homoromantic

Appearance: Violet is within the spectrum of average height for girls her age, standing at 5'8" overall. With long, slender legs, toned physique and a fairly pronounced chest, gazes had often made their way to her, but it was primarily due to her smooth ivory skin and deep violet eyes. At a time in her past, Violet also had long, silky blonde hair, but to help bring out her eyes, a shade of lilac colored dye had been applied, blending into her blonde roots. Now, it is cut rather short, a symbol of her rebellion.

Personality: In public, Violet is very proper, often portrayed as the school's 'Big Sister,' often aiding teachers and students alike. Yet, Sienna knows her true colors, practically flipping a 180 the moment they're alone. Men, in her eyes, are detestable creatures that are no better than demons and very few women hold her trust. Does this mean she's unsociable? No. Is she still a team player? As long as Sienna is her partner. Does anyone else know of her true personality? Just her rival in Sienna's affection.

History: Simply put, Violet was the trophy child her parents produced and put on display. With her father being a leading member of the French Parliament and her mother and well-renowned fashion designer, it was necessary for Violet to not only look, but also act the part of display child. At a very young age, Violet went through a multitude of cosmetic augments, one of which being the alteration of her eye color. Outside of her father and the other members of parliament, Violet didn't know any other male's as she attended female-only preparatory academies.

For the longest time, Violet just wanted to make her parents proud, but after the first quarter of her second year in middle school, her eyes were finally opened to the truth. A half-British, half-German girl named Alice and Violet' s first romantic partner confirmed the one thing Violet had been refusing to accept. Shortly after, Alice moved away, leaving Violet with a crucial decision; either carry on with her current lifestyle or rebel against her own parents and one way to get at them was applying to Heaven's Gate.

Element: Water

Branch Color: A deep, navy blue with an even darker blue center, giving it an eye-like appearance. Violet has deemed it the 'Eye of the Sea.' Sits where the top button would've been on her uniform.

Weapon: Violet wields a giant, cross-shaped shield that is imbued with primarily defensive magic and enchantment. Yet, if absolutely necessary, it can double as a fairly devastating weapon.

Armor: Violet's armor consists of two primary layers. The first layer is a synthetic-type skin tight suit that covers the majority of her torso. As for the second layer, plate-like armor covers her chest and an armored skirt wraps around her waist.

Other: Violet is one of Sienna's romantic partners

A visual representation of Violet with her weapon and in her armor: Violet Bellerose

Edited by zakku_uchiha

Yyeaahh I’m just gonna be lazy and reuse the Ancients OC I never ended up using. Still a work in progress!

Username: GGG

Name: Evelyn Chen

Romantic Orientation: Gray-romantic? Doesn’t get romance, but would be open to it.

Appearance: She’s got a average build, standing at 164 cm (just under 5’4). She has light beige skin, standard Asian brown eyes, and bobbed shoulder-length black hair, the ends of which are a blonde-ish brown after her hair dye faded out. She wears her uniform neatly, her branch pinned to her shirt or jacket front. While not muscular, she is fairly fit from frequent hikes and walks. She is nearsighted, and wears contacts.

Personality: To most around her, Evelyn is a kind, seemingly laid back girl. She rarely turns down a request, which tends to make her a bit of a pushover at times. She's also overly modest, constantly playing down her self worth and making self-deprecating jokes. Internally, she’s much more pessimistic, especially towards herself and her choices. In short, sweet on the outside, salty within.

History: Evelyn comes from a pretty well-off family. Her mom's a popular party-planner, her dad’s a successful entrepreneur, and her older brother’s off at a highly acclaimed university. Surrounded by so much success, Ev felt pressured to be better herself. While she got okay grades, she felt that she was completely mediocre compared to her family. At some point, she picked up photography and film as a hobby, but even then, she still didn’t see it as really doing anything for her. She was pleasantly surprised to find out that she made it into Heaven’s Gate.

Element: Earth

Branch Color: Honey yellow with a gleam down the middle like a cat's eye stone.

Weapon: Her weapon is a hunting rifle with a scope. Her bullets can either be the standard metal/other earth based substances or influenced by the element of her linking partner. When it comes to close quarters combat, she can also just use the gun as a melee weapon and whack enemies with it.

Armor:

Other: Knows basic Mandarin. She likes nature and wildlife photography the best. Ironically, she barely ever takes selfies, as she doesn't know what her best angle is.

@Zakku: Looks good. I'll toss 'er up into the roster in a bit.

@GGG: I honestly love how we're getting so many chinese kids

~~~

@Everyone: Been occupied by a few personal art projects lately, but I'll try to get updates across the board done between tonight and tuesday.

This fight would have distinctly been in Lucy's advantage if the battlefield was anything other than just beaten dirt.

user posted image

Edited by TehUltimateMage

I feel like the activity in Heavenly Branches has stagnated quite a bit, and I think we ought to do something about it.

I propose we do a Skype call Friday night since I assume that's when you guys will probably have some time to do so (I could do it tonight since I have tomorrow off, but I feel like I won't get many people on board that way). This way, we can discuss where we're at now and what we want to do next to make activity more consistent again.

If we don't, I'll probably just languish in

some more, but I'll do my best to be around if anyone wants to have a word with me.

Or, ya know, we could just use the OOC for that.

I need to get some posts out, I know. Everyone's been rather busy though; school and/or work is leaving a lot of us tired. Some holidays are coming up for people though and, while it might seem like a decent break, people might have to tend to family obligations.

I don't believe this thread is kaput. I feel it is merely more on a hiatus until everyone's ready/able to get back to it.

I'm good to do something if anyone else is. I'm not doing anything for this holiday.

Tbh I'm still quite excited for Thel's next post. I quite like this little interaction with him and Ev. She's so flustered, it's great. x3

About Skype, I don't have one, and I'm on vacation with my family, so idk if that would've worked anyway. OOC thread works best for me right now. Does anyone even use the Chatzy anymore? So yeah. I'm just waiting on a Thel post before I post again, but I do have a draft on a Google doc for Peridot. And if anyone wants to interact with Lavender, perhaps on a different day, she's totally available. I think I've been posting all of my characters for Saturday afternoon, and Lav's taking a nap at that time, so... Anyone wanna disturb her slumber? wink.gif

Edited by Mikasa361

*blows dust off of thread*

It's been five months, hey, so if anyone's still around, I'm down for a five month timeskip just to bring the newbies to the same power level as the veterans.

Your choice if you want to roll new characters, since I have the feeling I'll be moving a lot of characters into the inactive list.

I'm still here. I'm sorry. At the moment, I don't think I'll be swapping any characters out but I'll let you know if I do.

Oh jeez, I just noticed this thread updated!

Heck yeah I'm down for a timeskip! Let's do it!

Had no idea there was still activity here, but if there's any way my precious Matt can go on, I'll take it.