RaeMarie

Influence/Incubate and Teleporting

So I was just recently trading with someone and they had influenced a couple eggs for me but they didn't know that a influence goes away if you teleport the egg. So I really think that the Influence and Incubate pages or maybe the Teleport page should give users a warning that if they choose to Teleport an incubated or influenced egg then the effect of that action will wear off. I'm sure quite a few people have made this mistake and it's really not fair since it doesn't clearly state this anywhere.

Technically there is a warning on the BSA help page:

Wears off after abandonment or teleporting.

With that said, it's a pretty small warning and it's the only place I know of one being shown, so sure, support.

With that said, it's a pretty small warning and it's the only place I know of one being shown, so sure, support.

I forgot about the help page but a lot of users don't look at it because most things are self explanatory, including the incubate or influence actions on the dragon's action list.

Thank you for pointing that out though.

I would be okay with a warning when teleporting an influenced egg

"Warning, this egg is influenced, teleporting it will remove influence."

I know people teleport eggs to remove an incorrect influence, so I would not want it to stick.

I know people teleport eggs to remove an incorrect influence, so I would not want it to stick.

Indeed not !

AS it also holds true for incubate - why not just "Any actions that have been performed on this egg will be lost on teleport."

I saw someone once who was really hacked off - they had seen that the egg they were trading for was at 4.18; thought that was good as they could incuhatch it - and of course when the trade went up, it was at 5.18....

Wears off after abandonment or teleporting.

Perhaps that warning could be added to the teleport and influence description on the actions page of the dragon with that BSA?

For Pink dragon

Influence

Increase the chance of an egg of your choosing hatching into a female. Warning: Will wear off after abandonment or teleporting.

For Red dragon

Incubate

Warm an egg, allowing it to hatch faster. Warning: Will wear off after abandonment or teleporting.

Perhaps that warning could be added to the teleport and influence description on the actions page of the dragon with that BSA?

For Pink dragon

Influence

Increase the chance of an egg of your choosing hatching into a female. Warning: Will wear off after abandonment or teleporting.

For Red dragon

Incubate

Warm an egg, allowing it to hatch faster. Warning: Will wear off after abandonment or teleporting.

Honestly I think this is my favorite suggestion so far.

Yes, good.

For Pink dragon

Influence

For Red dragon

Incubate

I really like this idea; I don't want Influence to stick after teleporting, but it would be nice for new players to have some kind of heads-up right on the page.

saw someone once who was really hacked off - they had seen that the egg they were trading for was at 4.18; thought that was good as they could incuhatch it - and of course when the trade went up, it was at 5.18....

Unlikely. If you put an incubated egg in teleport, the timer shows the original time (sans teleport). This someone probably misread the time.

Unlikely. If you put an incubated egg in teleport, the timer shows the original time (sans teleport). This someone probably misread the time.

No - actually ! Much as I love you !

The trader had said "would this egg do" and showed them the egg before putting it in a link. I can only assume that the recipient DIDN'T look at the time in the teleport before clicking.

Well, if they showed the egg before it was in the link, the timer doesn't get reset from the incubate, of course. But the teleport shows the original time.

Proof:

Make an offer on my eggs/hatchlings!

This egg was incubated. On its view page, you'll see the time being shown as 5 days 1 hour (right now), while the teleport shows it at 6 days 1 hour.

Well, if they showed the egg before it was in the link, the timer doesn't get reset from the incubate, of course. But the teleport shows the original time.

Proof:

Make an offer on my eggs/hatchlings!

This egg was incubated. On its view page, you'll see the time being shown as 5 days 1 hour (right now), while the teleport shows it at 6 days 1 hour.

That's what I meant. The person said "would you accept this egg" - and showed the EGG page (before having made an offer.) I assume they therefore didn't look at the time on the teleport link. Assumed it was the same. And I think the issue was that the trader didn't know it lost the incubate,and the recipient thought they should have MENTIONED it, but...

So a warning ON THE PAGE WHERE YOU GO TO TELEPORT would be best.